image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 75.
#3651 10 years ago

Ball save at the start of CIU +1, I have had 6 CIU with ball times under 5 seconds.

#3652 10 years ago

Definitely want CIU ball save I've gotten to them a lot but have yet to finish one yet. I've had the chance to cash them out a few times but chose to continue and drained shortly after that. But it usually goes get CIU drain after a few shots, get pissed off and play another game. Lol

#3653 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Who wants to hit sparky, hear the band say "Ride the lightening" then be listening to something else?

Me!

#3654 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Better explanation of how to destroy pistons

Yeah, I have no idea what this is. Something to do with the three orange inserts? Combo into Fuel lane?

#3655 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Without a "punch it" button or a launch button how would you trigger an item?

Good point. I guess you could hold a button and then press start.

#3656 10 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yeah, I have no idea what this is. Something to do with the three orange inserts? Combo into Fuel lane?

i think that is when you end a combo with a shot to the fuel lane

#3657 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

When I wrote this I wanted it to be positive and to not offend The Lyman. And for the most part it was. I really was searching for inside information. A leak. A glimmer of hope. Instead friends came together.
The Lyman made us wait just like with all his greats of the past. Acdc 1.5 gave us VIP pass. Sm and Tron close to a year.
But the Lyman gave us the Biggest pinball update in history. Worth it? I think so. I never imagined it was going to be this deep and challenging. Magnets are stronger. Callouts better. Lighting epic.
How did he keep it a secret so long? Was he told to wait for the mustang release? Or did Gary owe him money? Those are questions for another thread I suppose.
The Lyman, Borg and Metallica Team deserves our gratitude.

image-479.jpg 194 KB

image-350.jpg 176 KB

image-333.jpg 280 KB

image-818.jpg 253 KB

Like the photos! Question, did you just swap out the cabinet subwoofer only? I only see it in the photo. Is it a 8" or 10" cab. subwoofer? Thanks

#3658 10 years ago
Quoted from TomF:

i think that is when you end a combo with a shot to the fuel lane

All three lights are lit up = 1 blown piston lit.

#3659 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Like the photos! Question, did you just swap out the cabinet subwoofer only? I only see it in the photo. Is it a 8" or 10" cab. subwoofer? Thanks

From what I have read, and now experienced, you want to keep the cab subwoofer in place, and run a seperate sub. I bought a Polk PSW 10 sub, ran some cables and connected to the current sub cabling in the cabinet using alligator clips(picture 3). Sounds incredible, took 10 minutes max and cost around $100. Its a must do!!!

IMAG1231.jpgIMAG1231.jpg IMAG1232.jpgIMAG1232.jpg IMAG1233.jpgIMAG1233.jpg
#3660 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

From what I have read, and now experienced, you want to keep the cab subwoofer in place, and run a seperate sub. I bought a Polk PSW 10 sub, ran some cables and connected to the current sub cabling in the cabinet using alligator clips(picture 3). Sounds incredible, took 10 minutes max and cost around $100. Its a must do!!!

IMAG1231.jpg 152 KB

IMAG1232.jpg 212 KB

IMAG1233.jpg 156 KB

I have mine hooked up to two pins and it sounds great.

#3661 10 years ago

I too put an external sub on my METLE. This game ROCKS!

#3662 10 years ago

I had an external sub hooked up. Adjacent neighbors that just moved in didn't seem to like it at all. Now Met is back to sounding stock

Least the code is dynamite!

#3663 10 years ago

You need a external sub to hear that killer spinner drum role (le)what a great game

#3664 10 years ago

151.jpg151.jpg

you know it

#3665 10 years ago

Countdown to 1.52 begins!

edit : lol damionrowe can't take a joke

#3666 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

IMAG1231.jpg 152 KB

IMAG1232.jpg 212 KB

IMAG1233.jpg 156 KB

Thanks, but not looking for anything outside the cab., I know it sounds great and all and I appreciate the photos, but just wanted to know about inside the cab. 8"-10" sub, which ones is better. I'am getting the FF kit for MET premium is why I ask. Also is this gonna make the glass rattle or no? I seen the anti rattle tape, does it rattle that bad where you need this stuff? Thanks

#3667 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Thanks, but not looking for anything outside the cab., I know it sounds great and all and I appreciate the photos, but just wanted to know about inside the cab. 8"-10" sub, which ones is better. I'am getting the FF kit for MET premium is why I ask. Also is this gonna make the glass rattle or no? I seen the anti rattle tape, does it rattle that bad where you need this stuff? Thanks

I know where there is a machine, right down the road from you, where ALL of your questions can be answered

#3668 10 years ago

This code update is the real deal, makes what we've been playing on for 7 months look like a shell of a game.

#3669 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Glad this has been bought up

ok

should a new audio thread be started ?

so Metallica kicks ass !

however the audio quality is ordinary to say the least !

why do we need to add subs shakers etc. ?

WTF $ 10K + !
\
\
C'mon Gary !

Get Stereo as a minimum
some decent audio happening please !

so I was listening to some old 24 bit CD Kill em All
and it sounded heaps better that the bytes delivered on Stern Metallica Pinball

is it so f#cking hard to get get some decent audio ?

living in hope Maiden will deliver !

Ando

#3670 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

This applies to Metallica as well: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-diy-subwoofer

#3671 10 years ago

Metallica being a musicpin I would reccomend also to replace the backbox speakers with coax speakers and remove the capacitor. So a slight modifcation to the excellent write-up of Markmon.

1 week later
#3672 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Countdown to 1.52 begins!
edit : lol damionrowe can't take a joke

Agreed! When is the next update coming?

#3673 10 years ago

Soon I hope. I am sure that Lyman has to move on to other things.

#3674 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Soon I hope. I am sure that Lyman has to move on to other things.

Yes like acdc

#3675 10 years ago

I love the new update, but the bandmember modes and hopefully some other added voice calls and DMD animations will be added as well. Where did the "Super F'N Jackpot" go from the previous update? That was one of the best callouts I have heard in a while and I have not heard it since 1.51 was installed...

#3676 10 years ago
Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

I love the new update, but the bandmember modes and hopefully some other added voice calls and DMD animations will be added as well. Where did the "Super F'N Jackpot" go from the previous update? That was one of the best callouts I have heard in a while and I have not heard it since 1.51 was installed...

It's Jack-F*ckin-Pot!!! & it's still there. You just have to have 4x scoring going (Ball in the snake's mouth & Fuel Lane 2x stacked)

#3677 10 years ago

code grows with game progression

Lyman Rules !

1 week later
#3678 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's Jack-F*ckin-Pot!!! & it's still there. You just have to have 4x scoring going (Ball in the snake's mouth & Fuel Lane 2x stacked)

Thank you! I did hear it again recently in a game. Man, that is awesome!

4 weeks later
#3679 9 years ago

So.... Too soon? When does everyone think the next update will be out? Band modes will be exciting.

#3680 9 years ago

Next year?

#3681 9 years ago

Another 6 month wait....I hope not.

#3682 9 years ago

We could really do with band modes as whilst the game is great, it's nearly a year and code is not even complete! Complete as opposed to polished which is another debate.

#3683 9 years ago

Somebody who knows Lyman needs to get him drunk and convince him to add spinner code into the pro on an unused switch or two so we can add them back in properly.

#3684 9 years ago

I was thinking that completing the pick targets and completing a band member would be nice to either start a ball save timer or even an add a ball. This would be esp helpful in CIU modes where i tend to drain out a lot....

Maybe completing all band member lights should give you something like points or an extra ball. Or a 5th CIU?

Love me some Metallica!

#3685 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I was thinking that completing the pick targets and completing a band member would be nice to either start a ball save timer or even an add a ball. This would be esp helpful in CIU modes where i tend to drain out a lot....
Maybe completing all band member lights should give you something like points or an extra ball. Or a 5th CIU?
Love me some Metallica!

Pick targets add a ball in multiball. When in any multiball complete the pick targets, then shoot the snake. The snake will swallow the ball, hold it and add another. Also think it adds 2x scoring.

2 weeks later
#3686 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Somebody who knows Lyman needs to get him drunk and convince him to add spinner code into the pro on an unused switch or two so we can add them back in properly.

Are the switch matrices different for the pro and premium? Has anyone tried hooking spinners up to the open spinner switch sections in the switch matrix, assuming those spots are bare and in the same location? Maybe it's like the apron flashers for tron pro...

1 month later
#3687 9 years ago

It seems like when you hit a pop bumper 10 times, it completes one of the 3 orange lights for the fuel lane. All 3 pop bumpers completed would light them all. How does that effect scoring for the fuel lane having 1, 2 or all 3 lit?

#3688 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I had an external sub hooked up. Adjacent neighbors that just moved in didn't seem to like it at all. Now Met is back to sounding stock
Least the code is dynamite!

Get a head phone kit that is the best way to play the game.

#3689 9 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

It seems like when you hit a pop bumper 10 times, it completes one of the 3 orange lights for the fuel lane. All 3 pop bumpers completed would light them all. How does that effect scoring for the fuel lane having 1, 2 or all 3 lit?

Bump for this...

I will try it with glass off tomorow,everyone is sleeping here

And How does the Left end Lane works in the game ?

#3690 9 years ago

Does anyone know if there will be one last update for this game?

#3691 9 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Bump for this...
I will try it with glass off tomorow,everyone is sleeping here

no need to remove the glass
its to advance the piston EB > 10 piston needeed, and only (as Hudson noticed) when only the 3 spots bumpers are completed of course

3 weeks later
#3692 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I wouldn't be upset if it was. If there in another, then its a bonus.

#3693 9 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I have mine hooked up to two pins and it sounds great.

What happens when both games are running at the same time?

I have been curious to do this to as I run a Velodyne 12' Sub under my MET which is preddy darn cool let me tell ya.

#3694 9 years ago

Why not have some more updates during the years if people are up to it. Apps and programs get updated. Pins are not quite as easy to update buts if it's worthwhile doing then why not.

#3695 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Why not have some more updates during the years if people are up to it. Apps and programs get updated. Pins are not quite as easy to update buts if it's worthwhile doing then why not.

ACDC sure could use an update too. However that's most likely in the hands of Lyman and if he ever has the spare time and desire to add more to the game. I think MET code is fairly good as is, but some of the shaker and lighting effects could use enhancing. ACDC really needs something done with the cannon modes most of all.

Rob

#3696 9 years ago

Hopefully Lyman feels inspired enough in the future to keep adding a bit to both Met and ACDC. I sure wouldnt mind. He's pretty good at it.

1 week later
#3697 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Man, that would be just awesome! Great way to sell more METS and another way to make current customers even happier. Come on Lyman!

#3698 9 years ago

Well hopefully Stern realizes that good code will sell games. They are ramping up a new ACDC pro model since their contract runs out at the end of the year. What better way to reinvigorate sales than to push out a code update to put some new excitement into the game? Wishful thinking though....

Rob

#3699 9 years ago

I assume the MET LED Pro would be the re-invigoration.

Quoted from Rob_G:

Well hopefully Stern realizes that good code will sell games. They are ramping up a new ACDC pro model since their contract runs out at the end of the year. What better way to reinvigorate sales than to push out a code update to put some new excitement into the game? Wishful thinking though....
Rob

#3700 9 years ago

IMAG1600.jpgIMAG1600.jpg

Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:Are the switch matrices different for the pro and premium? Has anyone tried hooking spinners up to the open spinner switch sections in the switch matrix, assuming those spots are bare and in the same location? Maybe it's like the apron flashers for tron pro...

I have added spinners to my pro in the same locations as they are on the premium/le. They have been tied into the most outright guitar pic targets. They will award a guitar pic hit and you get a really cool drum roll sound when they get to spinnin. Now I have heard the spinners on the premium/le also give this cool drum roll sound, but do they award a guitar pic target? I dunno.
All in all, I'm glad I added them they look and sound cool and add to the game.

IMAG1601.jpgIMAG1601.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.