image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 75.
#3451 10 years ago

Voting has closed and the fans have spoken! "Ride the Lightning" and "Blackened" will be added to Stern's Metallica Pinball game! Look for the two new songs as well as a code update to the game toward the end of the week of March 17. Thanks again for voting!

#3452 10 years ago
Quoted from Yeagster:

Voting has closed and the fans have spoken! "Ride the Lightning" and "Blackened" will be added to Stern's Metallica Pinball game! Look for the two new songs as well as a code update to the game toward the end of the week of March 17. Thanks again for voting!

Is that it?? The waiting has finally ended??

#3453 10 years ago
Quoted from Yeagster:

Excellent!

#3455 10 years ago

That update seriously better be out before TPF tourneys start on Friday...

#3457 10 years ago
Quoted from Yeagster:

Is there a source for this, or was it an email sent to voters?

http://www.metallica.com/news/20140219-605356.asp

Post edited by moderator: Found it

#3458 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That update seriously better be out before TPF tourneys start on Friday...

I hope they have help and a better system this year...

#3459 10 years ago

Via Metallica and Stern Pinball today. A date has been set forth.

Voting has closed and the fans have spoken! "Ride the Lightning" and "Blackened" will be added to STERN PINBALL, INC.'s Metallica Pinball game! Look for the two new songs in addition to a code update for the game toward the end of the week of March 17. Thanks again for voting!

#3460 10 years ago

I'm pretty sure that the code will drop next week

Despite the fact I will update my game as soon as I can get my hands on the update I'm a little scarred that I will be a little disappointed...
Waiting for more then half a year for a code makes the expectation so high that good is not enough so I expect it to be excellent at least.

Anyway, Lyman is the king and never will leave us in tears

#3461 10 years ago

Are you fucking kidding me? Two more weeks?

Fuck the extra songs at this point. This is just stupid now. They should have put out the update sans songs weeks ago. What a joke.

#3462 10 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

I hope they have help and a better system this year...

I've tried not to stick my nose into it too much since I'm not officially "volunteering", but I know that Marcus, Ken, Ed, and everyone else that work their butts off are well aware that that issues last year were crazy. I know they're doing some different things this year. I'm planning on buying a lot of tournament tickets, so believe me, I want it to go smoothly as well. I'd really *love* to run a tournament the size and scope of TPF someday, but I'm a total idiot when it comes to Excel.

#3463 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'd really *love* to run a tournament the size and scope of TPF someday, but I'm a total idiot when it comes to Excel.

That's the main problem.... don't run a pinball tournament on Excel!! They're several types of software that has been made for pinball tournaments. Trying to do it on Excel was a big part of the problem last year. If they are running this on Excel again then they have not learned a thing from last year. Always someone trying to do it their way...

I've ran a couple decent size tournaments in Atlanta and I'll be running the PAPA circuit tournament in June and there is no way I'd try and run it on Excel... that's old news and too time consuming. I've used both versions PAPA have used and they both work fine for what they need to do... why reinvent the wheel?

Good luck and I hope it goes better. Glad I'm going to Pinburg this year but I'll be keeping my ear out for how this tournament goes off. If it's the same as last time I won't be back to TPF until they have a better scoring system in place or a new director.

#3464 10 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

If they are running this on Excel again then they have not learned a thing from last year. Always someone trying to do it their way...

Hey hey, I didn't say he was. I have no idea what *specific* changes they've made this year. I haven't talked to them about it in probably half a year.

#3465 10 years ago

Wow. Another freaking two weeks.

#3466 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Hey hey, I didn't say he was. I have no idea what *specific* changes they've made this year. I haven't talked to them about it in probably half a year.

Ok cool... I hope Marcus doesn't try that again

#3467 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We ALL know everything now.
Per Metallica's website:
"The voting will close on March 3 and we’ll announce the winners the next day. Your two choices will be available for download from Stern’s website just a few days after the voting closes."
So, winner announced March 4th. Code likely to drop "just a few days" after that - Friday, March 7th.

Quoted from RobT:

I'll believe it when I see it.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Why would you doubt it? Concrete info has been given...it's no longer speculation or rumor anymore.

Quoted from RobT:

Are you serious?

Quoted from Rarehero:

What am I missing here, Rob?
Once again:
Per Metallica's website:
"The voting will close on March 3 and we’ll announce the winners the next day. Your two choices will be available for download from Stern’s website just a few days after the voting closes."
So, winner announced March 4th. Code likely to drop "just a few days" after that - Friday, March 7th.

Quoted from RobT:

Once again:
I will believe it when I see it.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Rob is back 'n grumpy!!!!

Quoted from RobT:

All I said was that I will believe it when I see it.
Not sure how that's interpreted as "grumpy", especially considering not only the history of this specific title, but Stern's prior code release history (including a couple of dates that were promised and missed like the Christmas release for TF).
Sincerely,
Grumpy

Quoted from Yeagster:

#3468 10 years ago
Quoted from Spartanmcdoodle:

I'm calling march 16 on this. Reason being is this;
(This is very far fetched by the way)
Before the release of the beyond magnetic album, the songs from this album were debuted, one each night at their 30th anniversary shows. This was an exciting time on the Metallica forums. There was a live thread where someone who was at the show was posting the set list as each song started. When it came to about halfway through the set along comes a brand new song. Everyone in the thread was pumped and shocked too! But, at the very second the guys were on stage playing the new song, all the met clubbers got an email with that track in it. This happened 4 nights in a row. This was massive for all the fans. Very exciting time.
Now, just like the pinball voting competition, the guys have set up a voting system for their upcoming European tour. They have an 18 song set list and have allowed voting for 17 songs. The last spot they have said is for them to play a new song. Now I doubt they would have done this without having a track that they weren't very confident with. I feel that it is a possibility that they may do a simultaneous release as they did at the anniversary shows.
The whole voting thing is new to them and I just feel that it seems connected to the beginning of this tour and the new song debut.
Could they possibly be giving us a brand new track with the 2 highest voted ones? Maybe not but I wouldn't put it past them. The beginning of the tour where the new song will debut is march 16, it's a lot going on ATM for die hard Metallica fans....

So do you all hear me now? I called this a week ago. There is TOO MUCH OF A COINCIDENCE THIS IS COMING WITHIN A DAY OF A NEW SONG DEBUT!

I still think that there is a possibility the boys have more on the new album done than they are letting on and we may get a new song with the 2 chosen. And obviously an iTunes release too.

Wishful thinking but my theory is one step closer....

#3469 10 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Wow. Another freaking two weeks.

Yes. Two weeks. I (and Tom Hanks) have said this the last 2 weeks before

#3471 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Via Metallica and Stern Pinball today. A date has been set forth.
Voting has closed and the fans have spoken! "Ride the Lightning" and "Blackened" will be added to STERN PINBALL, INC.'s Metallica Pinball game! Look for the two new songs in addition to a code update for the game toward the end of the week of March 17. Thanks again for voting!

So I suppose no one will take my bet for this week then.

#3472 10 years ago

OK, but at least it's an OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED date...isn't that preferable to when TF missed the Xmas present date and then NO update for the release was given?

#3473 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

OK, but at least it's an OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED date...isn't that preferable to when TF missed the Xmas present date and then NO update for the release was given?

It's no better than the OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED "Your two choices will be available for download from Stern’s website just a few days after the voting closes." IMHO.

Hell, the update that was posted today STILL has that stupid ass "just a few days after the voting closes" at the end of the paragraph, which is directly contrary to "toward the end of the week of March 17."

At this point the only thing that would make this bullshit 2 week delay palatable would be if there was a brand new song added as a surprise. Sadly I can't give Stern the benefit of the doubt to pull that off.

#3474 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm going with March 18th.

#3475 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

It's no better than the OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED "Your two choices will be available for download from Stern’s website just a few days after the voting closes." IMHO.
Hell, the update that was posted today STILL has that stupid ass "just a few days after the voting closes" at the end of the paragraph, which is directly contrary to "toward the end of the week of March 17."
At this point the only thing that would make this bullshit 2 week delay palatable would be if there was a brand new song added as a surprise. Sadly I can't give Stern the benefit of the doubt to pull that off.

Would you whiney beyotches just sell your f'n games already. Get it over with if a few more weeks is gonna make you cry. You'll never be happy. Never buy new pinballs again ever, please.

#3476 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Would you whiney beyotches just sell your f'n games already. Get it over with if a few more weeks is gonna make you cry. You'll never be happy. Never buy new pinballs again ever, please.

To be perfectly honest, I don't plan to.

#3477 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I haven't been this disappointed since the whole Brian fiasco. I HOLD YOU PERSONALLY ACCOUNTABLE DO YOU HEAR ME?

Seriously, I know you're on Stern's "nice" list and you want to keep it that way but this shit isn't defensible any more.

Do you think Metallica pulled that "just a few days" line out of their ass? I doubt it. You have been hinting about the update being soon just as much as several other "insiders" have. If you can't take a little anger and criticism (not even personally directed at you, by the way) when the code keeps getting delayed without resorting to calling me a whiney beyotch then maybe you need to imagine the perspective of someone who doesn't get the perks that you do.

#3478 10 years ago

All I want to know is who's arse do I have to suck up to in order to get the insider info.

*edit* If it's Ritchie I don't want it that bad. Just sayin.

#3479 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Surprisingly optimistic now, lol. I'll say the 21st, because I'm going out of town the next day. Figures.

#3480 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I haven't been this disappointed since the whole Brian fiasco. I HOLD YOU PERSONALLY ACCOUNTABLE DO YOU HEAR ME?
Seriously, I know you're on Stern's "nice" list and you want to keep it that way but this shit isn't defensible any more.
Do you think Metallica pulled that "just a few days" line out of their ass? I doubt it. You have been hinting about the update being soon just as much as several other "insiders" have. If you can't take a little anger and criticism (not even personally directed at you, by the way) when the code keeps getting delayed without resorting to calling me a whiney beyotch then maybe you need to imagine the perspective of someone who doesn't get the perks that you do.

I'm just sick of "bitching no matter what". OK, so it's not hitting a few days after the contest...you bitch...but a release week has been officially announced. You bitch. Stern's doing what everyone's been asking them to do - COMMUNICATE. You bitch. They can't win.

#3481 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Please...

Never be happy? I bought a game that was half-complete and have been waiting 8 months for a code update...we have right to have been pissed and continue to be pissed. Sterns communication is amateur hour and they continue to contradict themselves as to when this code update will officially be released.

#3482 10 years ago
Quoted from CMCVT1979:

Please...
Never be happy? I bought a game that was half-complete and have been waiting 8 months for a code update...we have right to have been pissed and continue to be pissed. Sterns communication is amateur hour and they continue to contradict themselves as to when this code update will officially be released.

It is what it is. You're along for the ride. Code's around the corner. What does crying about it more at this point accomplish?

#3483 10 years ago
Quoted from CMCVT1979:

Please...

And before anyone else talks about spiderman or some other old game that had an amazing update years after it came out, I don't give a shit about that. I paid almost twice as much for my Metallica so I expect a little more at this point.

#3484 10 years ago

Im happy that they gave us a specific date. Yes its two weeks away from when we previously expected. But a specific date is much better than more soon.

#3485 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

No way, Stern will push it out till the final day of the week. March 21st...

#3486 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm just sick of "bitching no matter what".

This thread is a bitch fest and Stern has earned any and all bitching related to the Metallica pins.

#3487 10 years ago

Fuck stern, they will not get a dime from me again.

#3488 10 years ago

It could have been metallica holding them back longer than they wanted for the update......

#3489 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm just sick of "bitching no matter what". OK, so it's not hitting a few days after the contest...you bitch...but a release week has been officially announced. You bitch. Stern's doing what everyone's been asking them to do - COMMUNICATE. You bitch. They can't win.

bitches.jpegbitches.jpeg

#3491 10 years ago

I'm thinking Louisville might have an early update - we shall see...

#3493 10 years ago

Glad much awaited code update will be soon. If it is a few days late I won't bitch. However, if it hasn't been released by end of March........there is going be some bitching!

#3494 10 years ago

7 month over-due code update and people are bitching about 2 more weeks?

Anyway, the bitching is valid... I just realized we got the first complete version of XM code faster than we [hope to] have MET code, by 2 months.

XM Aug 8, 2012 - March 14, 2013 (v1.24)
MET June 5,2013 - March 17, 2014

#3495 10 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Fuck stern, they will not get a dime from me again.

this

#3496 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

7 month over-due code update and people are bitching about 2 more weeks?
Anyway, the bitching is valid... I just realized we got the first complete version of XM code faster than we [hope to] have MET code, by 2 months.
XM Aug 8, 2012 - March 14, 2013 (v1.24)
MET June 5,2013 - March 17, 2014

but I have to say....no code update is better than the huge jump backwards that X-Men did with the 1.23 "Power Crap" update.

I would go as far as to say the X-Men 1.23 code update sold more games than any other pinball update in history. The problem is it didn't sell games for Stern (because it made the game good)...it sold games of original buyers that had finally had enough and would rather eat a $1000 loss than look at the game any longer (because it was so bad).

The Met wait has been long, but I have a feeling it will be a very major update and probably contain more additions and changes than a lot of games have in 3 - 5 updates.

#3497 10 years ago

63c69749945d55b4ba1e6fb01a6a53ec-etallic-license-plate-turned-into-metallica.jpg63c69749945d55b4ba1e6fb01a6a53ec-etallic-license-plate-turned-into-metallica.jpg

#3498 10 years ago

Dang Rarehero your ranting and meltdowns have now surpassed the whiners. Let it go. You don't have to battle this.
Sadly Rob gets the points in this round. ; )

For me 643 mil on acdc and 360 on met tonight. The games played just fine...

#3499 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Sadly Rob gets the points in this round. ; )

What do you mean "sadly"?!

#3500 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What does crying about it more at this point accomplish?

I wonder if "use it or lose it" applies? Gotta keep those ducts all lubed up and ready for action!

My plan is to keep my tear ducts ready to cry out of sheer joy when the new code drops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 149.00
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon/page/70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.