image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 75.
#2651 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

One of these things is true!

So it's next week?

#2652 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

One of these things is true!

You must work for Stern, secretive games on words!

#2653 10 years ago

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

tumblr_m97yhpjmYJ1rrc78e.giftumblr_m97yhpjmYJ1rrc78e.gif

#2654 10 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Nah, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's not a tester of the code or knows somebody that is. Pretty sure Stern has some customers that they also use a play testers. Could be wrong though but reading between the lines on this as well as many other code based threads. Different people but same thought process.

#2655 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Lyman seems to release bug fixes rather quickly and in a timely manner. History shows that games he has programmed himself, like S-M, Batman and AC/DC the massive code drops after a timely wait. This one should be no exception

Timely wait counter: 5 full months since last update, August 13, 2013.

PS: That update was less than 2 months after initial shipments.

#2656 10 years ago

Can anyone help me find the post with the pic and info on doing the snake jaw adjustment on prem/LE to help make the shot stay in easier? I have tried searching and manually looking through several pages of met threads but I guess I am not using proper terminology in search function.
Thanks in advance.

#2657 10 years ago
Quoted from Skulz:

Can anyone help me find the post with the pic and info on doing the snake jaw adjustment on prem/LE to help make the shot stay in easier? I have tried searching and manually looking through several pages of met threads but I guess I am not using proper terminology in search function.
Thanks in advance.

I don't think you can do this on the premium/LE.

#2658 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Timely wait counter: 5 full months since last update, August 13, 2013.
PS: That update was less than 2 months after initial shipments.

6 months on Thursday

#2659 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I don't think you can do this on the premium/LE.

I posted a pic of my LE snake jaw fix somewhere around here....I put washers under 2 points to lower the jaw slightly when down, and now the ball glides in there super nice.

#2660 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I posted a pic of my LE snake jaw fix somewhere around here....I put washers under 2 points to lower the jaw slightly when down, and now the ball glides in there super nice.

Any chance you have those pics still?

#2661 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Any chance you have those pics still?

Found 'em ...There's a washer under each screw where you see the blue tape. I used the tape to 'fish' them in there heh.

image-6.jpegimage-6.jpeg image-5.jpegimage-5.jpeg
#2662 10 years ago

chaos.jpgchaos.jpg

#2663 10 years ago

I bought a MET pro over the weekend and have been waiting TWO FULL DAYS for the update.

Im getting impatient

#2664 10 years ago
Quoted from no-extra-balls:

I bought a MET pro over the weekend and have been waiting TWO FULL DAYS for the update.
Im getting impatient

Well with your username you definitely won't have to worry about getting awarded any of those in the mystery hole.

#2665 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

6 months on Thursday

Maybe I was trying to be nice? I'll be honest, as much grief as has been given to Waison, his X-Men rules are far superior to Lyman's Metallica, before and after yesterday's update.

#2666 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Maybe I was trying to be nice? I'll be honest, as much grief as has been given to Waison, his X-Men rules are far superior to Lyman's Metallica, before and after yesterday's update.

More stuff doesn't equal better rules.

#2667 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Found 'em ...There's a washer under each screw where you see the blue tape. I used the tape to 'fish' them in there heh.

image-6.jpeg 41 KB

image-5.jpeg 43 KB

Nice pics of the fangs, Im going to steal it for the shop.

#2668 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Well with your username you definitely won't have to worry about getting awarded any of those in the mystery hole.

You mean the Metallica mystery hole right?

#2669 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Less stuff doesn't either

#2670 10 years ago

incomplete stuff doesn't either

#2671 10 years ago

To each their own...I'd rather play current Met than X-Men

#2672 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sorry, I meant that I don't think there's an adjustment screw on the premium / LE.

I used your washer pics from before to adjust my game. Thanks for those, by the way.

Soooooo is it next week or what?

#2673 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

To each their own...I'd rather play current Met than X-Men

I wouldn't at this point, but I own Met and not XMen so there's a novelty factor there.

I have no doubt for me personally: Metallica with code > Xmen with code.

But I really like XMen, and this new update looks neat.

#2674 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What's CURRENTLY interesting or unique about the rules on MET, aside from qualifying S&D, and the snake lock playfield multiplier, man? X-Men had some fun mechanics and modes prior to the new update, and the new update added some more fairly unique stuff that's kind of in line with some of the later modes on Star Trek in a way...

Multipliers for inline drops? Future Spa did that like 35 years ago.

Bashing a target with a magnet in front of it to start multiball? Nah...X-Men, Avengers (I dunno, is there an actual magnet in front of Hulk? Sure seems like it sometimes..never looked at the underside.), Avatar, probably others I'm missing.

Shooting a bank of targets to progress towards a fast scoring mode or playfield multiplier? Too many to list.

IMO, the awesomeness of Met *currently* lies on the layout, the theme, the art, sounds, and dots. It sure ain't the rules, they're pretty bloody vanilla. As you say, that's not necessarily a BAD thing, but I think we all would like something a little deeper than a few multiballs and fast scoring.

Personally, I just wish you'd shut up about it. You either have inside information, preview of code, both, or nothing at all. But to the rest of us, why would any of that matter? We're not playing on it, and Stern's said nothing real about it. If you're farming karma then, have at it, I guess...but it's gotten a bit stupid IMO for you to keep posting this garbage like "one of these is right" and crap of that manner. If you have something to say...say it...otherwise? Shut up about it already. Irritating...

#2675 10 years ago

Color changing shooter

image-991.jpgimage-991.jpgimage-249.jpgimage-249.jpgimage-202.jpgimage-202.jpg

#2676 10 years ago

Is that shooter a disc or a sphere? It looks flat. Not sure how that would feel.

To each their own, but man, the weird shapes people put on their shooters, they're often crazy uncomfortable. I tried someone's AC/DC with that lightning bolt shooter, hated it. Pointy and bad to grab. Shooter should feel good in your hand when you reach for it.

#2677 10 years ago

But I really like XMen, and this new update looks neat.

Stay away from my game and its high scores!

#2678 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Is that shooter a disc or a sphere? It looks flat. Not sure how that would feel.
To each their own, but man, the weird shapes people put on their shooters, they're often crazy uncomfortable. I tried someone's AC/DC with that lightning bolt shooter, hated it. Pointy and bad to grab. Shooter should feel good in your hand when you reach for it.

5cm x 2cm round cylinder, you can only try and if you don't like it, send it back.

#2679 10 years ago

If code hasn't dropped by 23rd of Feb. I will personally go and see Gary when he attends pinball show in Sydney to ask the question of when will it be released....if he won't commit to anything I will remind him when I bought a Met Prem in Sept. with code update expected way before Xmas......still no update. It's not the fact there is no code as pin okay now but the lack of communication not even a status update.

I hope more pinsiders in Sydney will be attending to let Gary know where he is letting his customers down...at least he can't delete me in person...will do my best. Back up readyimage.jpgimage.jpg

#2680 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

What's CURRENTLY interesting or unique about the rules on MET, aside from qualifying S&D, and the snake lock playfield multiplier, man?

Well those are a start. Just the S&D rule makes the shot flow exciting and organic. I like that I shoot one of the S&D arrows - chose the shot, and have a choice of what to do next...go for a combo, go for Sparky to light his insert on that shot, etc. The game has a real organic flow to it due to the choices you have to make based on the previous shot you made. I like that. I also love the snake jaw rule during Multiball.

Quoted from Frax:

IMO, the awesomeness of Met *currently* lies on the layout, the theme, the art, sounds, and dots. It sure ain't the rules, they're pretty bloody vanilla. As you say, that's not necessarily a BAD thing, but I think we all would like something a little deeper than a few multiballs and fast scoring.

Well, I do love the layout/theme/art/sound/dots. That goes a long way....but even though the rules are kinda bare-ish right now, there's still something organic about them and it's really fun to play. Fun goes a long way too

Quoted from Frax:

Personally, I just wish you'd shut up about it. You either have inside information, preview of code, both, or nothing at all. But to the rest of us, why would any of that matter? We're not playing on it, and Stern's said nothing real about it. If you're farming karma then, have at it, I guess...but it's gotten a bit stupid IMO for you to keep posting this garbage like "one of these is right" and crap of that manner. If you have something to say...say it...otherwise? Shut up about it already. Irritating...

Maybe I can't say it....but I just wanna give people hope cuz I love this game and want everyone to be happy - and they will ....*drumroll* ...SOON lol Every time I see some negative speculation that I know is incorrect, I want to shoot it down so people don't glom onto it and freak out more.

Peace and love, peace and love!!! (...and for the record, I don't care about karma)

#2681 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Stay away from my game and its high scores!

No deal. You can come play Metallica when the code gets updated next year.

#2682 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Every time I see some negative speculation that I know is incorrect, I want to shoot it down so people don't glom onto it and freak out more.

What about all the positive speculation? Pre-expo, at-expo, post-expo, Dec, XMas, New Years, 'Two weeks away'.... heck now it's just 'Soon'

#2683 10 years ago

What about all the positive speculation? Pre-expo, at-expo, post-expo, Dec, XMas, New Years, 'Two weeks away'.... heck now it's just 'Soon'

Yeah well...that was unfortunate....but THIS time.... (Frax is going to kill me)

#2684 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sure, if you want to speak generalizations... I was talking specifics.

#2685 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Sure, if you want to speak generalizations... I was talking specifics.

Look, I hope everyone with an X-Men loves it. I had it, it was fun for a while - but at the end of the day I think it's a game with TONS of content, yet that content doesn't ever quite mesh into a cohesive pinball experience or an exciting X-Men narrative. That's my specific statement on X-Men.

#2686 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah well...that was unfortunate....but THIS time.... (Frax is going to kill me)

Hahaha There might be a lineup

I kid I kid

#2687 10 years ago

Hahaha There might be a lineup
I kid I kid

maybe have a lottery system like we have here for hunting various game?

rarehero i applaud your positive outlook on this even if i don't show it but you better be right or your cred will be lower then a snakes belly, along with sterns.

#2688 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

If code hasn't dropped by 23rd of Feb. I will personally go and see Gary when he attends pinball show in Sydney to ask the question of when will it be released....if he won't commit to anything I will remind him when I bought a Met Prem in Sept. with code update expected way before Xmas......still no update. It's not the fact there is no code as pin okay now but the lack of communication not even a status update.
I hope more pinsiders in Sydney will be attending to let Gary know where he is letting his customers down...at least he can't delete me in person...will do my best. Back up ready

Gary doesn't do the coding. What's he going to do, pull out his laptop and write 0110001001100100101?

From what I can see, Stern are aware of the negative feedback and are attempting to finish the games off. They can't risk upsetting the home user, which going forward, is going to be Sterns largest customer base. While Gary is used to saying Ops are his biggest customer, I'm sure his other staff members are telling him different.

I'll be at the Sydney Pinball thing too ... I'm wondering if Gary will modify his standard speech for Australia?

"A Stern pinball machine has more wire in it than a Holden Commodore!!"

rd.

#2689 10 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Greg works part time at Stern's west coast HQ...cuz you know, Stern is a multinational corporation that touches all parts of the world.

-Mark

#2690 10 years ago

Guess its not today.

#2691 10 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I'll give you two guesses where my Met Pro is located. Hint: It's not in my 'man-cave'. Where is yours located?

Hardly complacent. Just because I don't sit here and rail on pinside does not mean I have had no communication with my distributor or Stern. Presume much?

Mine is in my basement but will most likely be routed this Spring league if the update hits. I have had LOTR and I routed that and sold it to my operator who sold it to a customer.

As for the second quote. Check my post history. I spend a few days or a week and then take a month or so off. Wall street knows business and economics. Not gamers. Sorry.

EDIT: most of my points use an example, like the quote of yours I used, but it's hardly personal. I just like to simplify things and get to the point. Semantics and redundancy does nothing for me. Sorry if I offended you.

#2692 10 years ago
Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

Sorry if I offended you.

No offense taken, but I think you tried lumping me into something I'm not.

#2693 10 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

No offense taken, but I think you tried lumping me into something I'm not.

It's the internet. I haven't been into pinball more than a couple years. IDK who I'm talking to. That's why I like to generalize. Sometimes it comes across harsh but you could route 100 or 2 games…. Just using your post as a general example on why I think Stern hasn't delivered, at the very least, communication to customers. What would we do without Chas?

#2694 10 years ago
Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

Just using your post as a general example on why I think Stern hasn't delivered, at the very least, communication to customers.

I agree the communication is lacking (though I talk to my distributor, and they provide a lot of helpful info), but going on past history, Stern has completed the software on the majority of their games (and by majority, all but one or two?). On their own schedule, of course.

I guess I'm more patient then other people. Life's too short to rage on the internet

#2695 10 years ago

haha No rage, unless it's audio and AGAINST THE MACHINE!!!! love that band. OK carry on with impatience. The guy posting now is too patient for entertaining posts to read. :-p

EDIT! my Fiance came home and saw USB stick hanging from my neck. I say "Guess what, I updated a pinball machine!" She says, "NICE!". "I say yes, for X-men…." lol to be fair that game was there first. we're next!!!

#2696 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Gary doesn't do the coding. What's he going to do, pull out his laptop and write 0110001001100100101?
From what I can see, Stern are aware of the negative feedback and are attempting to finish the games off. They can't risk upsetting the home user, which going forward, is going to be Sterns largest customer base. While Gary is used to saying Ops are his biggest customer, I'm sure his other staff members are telling him different.
I'll be at the Sydney Pinball thing too ... I'm wondering if Gary will modify his standard speech for Australia?
"A Stern pinball machine has more wire in it than a Holden Commodore!!"

rd.

RD WTF I know Gary doesn't write code but he should know what's going on in his business.....I don't think a status update would hurt or at least list some updates along the way to show their commitment to completing code. It's not like these pins are cheap...laying out all that cash and being told it would be done before Xmas.
Since Stern is behind schedule although nothing new here.....Stern as a company should provide something...nothing just makes long speculation threads..... Wouldn't it be better if this thread was able to start discussing details of the coming update rather than all this negativity...might even have Stern discussed more positively on treads like " here's a business that actually cares enough about its customers with regular updates when projects are delayed"

Hope to see you in Sydney I'll be the one who looks like Steve Erwin but with dark hair.

#2697 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Anyway - we'll all be laughing about this soon enough.

great-lyman.jpggreat-lyman.jpg

#2698 10 years ago

If Rarehero is wrong you're all going to string him up right? Credibility shot, what a joke.

But what will you do if he's right?

#2699 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If Rarehero is wrong you're all going to string him up right? Credibility shot, what a joke.
But what will you do if he's right?

the joke is on us customers paying substantial amounts of money for a hobbled product that still isn't close to complete...

#2700 10 years ago
Quoted from no-extra-balls:

Im getting impatient

I got mine 3 weeks ago and I have no need for an up-dated code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.50
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.