image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 75.
#201 10 years ago
Quoted from Fooped:

"Thunk....Thunk..Thunk.bangbangbangbangWHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This sums it up nicely.

#202 10 years ago

Yup, I get the sling of doom on the right. It doesn't happen very often, but it's usually at the worst possible times. I also gave up on adjusting the left spot light. First run Pro.

#203 10 years ago

People keep saying it - solder 4 ohm 10W resistors in line with the sling coils. It literally takes 30 seconds, makes the game 100% more fun. When the new software comes out, remove them to try it out.

I know you shouldn't have to do this on a brand new game, but it works. Being stubborn and waiting for Stern to fix it isn't going to change the airballs in the meantime.

#204 10 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

pumpkin.jpg 38 KB

All that came was a beagle!

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

All that came was a beagle!

I was robbed! I spent the whole night waiting for the Great Pumpkin when I could have been out for tricks or treats! Halloween is over and I missed it!

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

11111 hours, 42 minutes and 52 seconds from....
now!

Fixed that for you.

#207 10 years ago

Maybe this could be helpful to airball guys, not sure...

My slings are not very sensitive, the switches are gapped fairly wide. I have never had an airball. Ever. (First run Pro). Maybe gap your switches a bit wider? My theory is that if the slings are really sensitive, they are kicking before the ball has really dug into the rubber; perhaps making it so that the rubber is kicked slightly underneath the ball when the slingshot arm is fully extended?

#208 10 years ago

I emailed Patrick asking about this problem because my game is almost totally unplayable. I also asked if there was any timeline for the code update.....Here is his response....

I'm not sure when the next software update will be, but I'll forward your email to our software department. In the meantime, could you please tell me what your line voltage is measuring at?

Regards,
Patrick

#209 10 years ago

Are people still having problems with the coffin lock? I never asked for the updated board, I assumed they would just send it out. Do I need it? Mine has a hard time locking balls but I just chalk it up to being part of the game...

Also, if the new code addresses this and requires the updated board, it would be nice for them to let us know. Anyone have any idea about that?

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from mandrick:

I emailed Patrick asking about this problem because my game is almost totally unplayable. I also asked if there was any timeline for the code update.....Here is his response....
I'm not sure when the next software update will be, but I'll forward your email to our software department. In the meantime, could you please tell me what your line voltage is measuring at?
Regards,
Patrick

Patrick is "the balls". He is a credit to Stern.

#211 10 years ago
Quoted from CitznFish:

Are people still having problems with the coffin lock? I never asked for the updated board, I assumed they would just send it out. Do I need it? Mine has a hard time locking balls but I just chalk it up to being part of the game...
Also, if the new code addresses this and requires the updated board, it would be nice for them to let us know. Anyone have any idea about that?

Dude, get it. It's so much better. Still doesn't address all the probs...but it's way better.

#212 10 years ago

It's sad that every day I still check to see if the code has been updated. I'm so done with supporting Stern's bullshit model. Only way that this will change is if we speak with our wallets AND complain loudly to them.

#213 10 years ago

Mines now going into bonus before the ball drains its like the ball has drained before it actually has! It only happens now and again my distributor says the code will fix it like it did for Tron? Can't wait for this code its going to fix the worlds problems lol

Peter

#214 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

People keep saying it - solder 4 ohm 10W resistors in line with the sling coils. It literally takes 30 seconds, makes the game 100% more fun. When the new software comes out, remove them to try it out.
I know you shouldn't have to do this on a brand new game, but it works. Being stubborn and waiting for Stern to fix it isn't going to change the airballs in the meantime.

This isn't a problem with game software. Every single recent stern has the same high powered slings sing tron and the same code to run them. Arguably, if you don't keep your games cleaned and waxed, the problem is not so noticable. But all my games have the 4 ohm resistors in line. It's only a few cents in cost and is a permanent fix.

#215 10 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Mines now going into bonus before the ball drains its like the ball has drained before it actually has! my distributor says the code will fix it like it did for Tron? Can't wait for this code its going to fix the worlds problems lol
Peter

This is not a problem with game code. You likely need to check the trough switches and reflow solder on the trough upkick optos or just replace them. It's a common enough problem with all sterns since Sega and data east days that I swap these as my first step with this problem and always have a spare set laying around. I believe this is what you want. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1690

#216 10 years ago
Quoted from CitznFish:

Stern website:
http://sternpinball.com/Service/bulletin/-182-metallica-le-and-premium-games.aspx

Honestly it should be the responsibility of the dealer that sold you the game. How else are you to know without social media ? Many distribs here on the board sent boards to their customers as an advance exchange. That's customer service !

#217 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

This isn't a problem with game software. Every single recent stern has the same high powered slings sing tron and the same code to run them. Arguably, if you don't keep your games cleaned and waxed, the problem is not so noticable. But all my games have the 4 ohm resistors in line. It's only a few cents in cost and is a permanent fix.

That is not correct, Chaz at Stern has indicated to me the next CODE will address the overpowered sling issue by calming the pulse down to the coils. Of course this was like 5 weeks ago and still no code update.

#218 10 years ago

Let's talk about what you want to see from this code update as a minimum to make it feel like the wait was worth it. For me, that list is:

Mystery award overhaul
At least 2 crank it up features
Band member modes (it doesn't make sense to release these in chunks.)
Better use of color changing inserts. Have them represent different shot values in the multi-balls / and justice for all / combos.
A way to change songs while playing.
Slingshot fix.
More work on the hammer lock timing.

Sadly I don't think we'll get the wizard mode or all of the crank it up features in this update, but I hope I'm wrong.

#219 10 years ago

xmas powerpack!

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Let's talk about what you want to see from this code update as a minimum to make it feel like the wait was worth it. For me, that list is:
Mystery award overhaul
At least 2 crank it up features
Band member modes (it doesn't make sense to release these in chunks.)
Better use of color changing inserts. Have them represent different shot values in the multi-balls / and justice for all / combos.
A way to change songs while playing.
Slingshot fix.
More work on the hammer lock timing.
Sadly I don't think we'll get the wizard mode or all of the crank it up features in this update, but I hope I'm wrong.

Good list, but there's already a way to change songs while playing: Start a feature or Multiball. This game isn't AC/DC jukebox style & doesn't need to be. I like how your picked song has 'markers' ...so it doesn't reset with each ball...it pretty much starts where you left off.

Also, what exactly is "Crank It Up" supposed to be? You said at least 2 Crank It Up features...but maybe it's just one thing? Who knows lol

I'd like to hear more Sparky & Snake voices...I'm sure they have tons recorded & they just need to be implemented.

I'd also like it so that censored versions of dialog don't play in Adult setting. Sometimes you'll hear "That crazy bastard just gave you a shitload of points!" and sometimes "That crazy guy just gave you a bunch of points!" ...sometimes you hear swears, sometimes bleeps. Keep it 100% dirty in adult setting!

#222 10 years ago

I am pretty sure that the crank it up features are the for inserts above the band member inserts (previously thought to be for super jackpots.) They use the songs that aren't used in the multi balls.

I swear I read this somewhere or had an insider tell me, but who the hell knows.

#223 10 years ago

So you like the up-post rules?

#224 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I am pretty sure that the crank it up features are the for inserts above the band member inserts (previously thought to be for super jackpots.) They use the songs that aren't used in the multi balls.
I swear I read this somewhere or had an insider tell me, but who the hell knows.

Oh that makes sense...maybe they're meant to activate a Crank It Up mode after you light them with a Super Jackpot?

#225 10 years ago

fast forward to 1:44

#226 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

So you like the up-post rules?

Good point. Revised post logic. Only have it trigger on right orbit shots not part of a combo.

#227 10 years ago

This game is going to be so awesome when the new code comes out!

#228 10 years ago

Yes I have a feeling when a massive update drops all will be forgiven

#229 10 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Maybe......

#230 10 years ago

Not from me it won't. It's just another lesson learned about how Stern operates.

#231 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Not from me it won't. It's just another lesson learned about how Stern operates.

And you didn't know that already? Things have not changed at all. Expect it and you wont be disappointed.

#232 10 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

And you didn't know that already? Things have not changed at all. Expect it and you wont be disappointed.

Exactly.

Is this some big surprising sudden development?

#233 10 years ago

Wtf will we do if the update never comes?

Can we return our pins since promised features were never implemented? Should be able to.

#234 10 years ago

Can we return our pins since promised features were never implemented? Should be able to.

It'll come just when is anybody's guess

#235 10 years ago

The new code will come. The pin is great as it is so will only get better. Look forward to it rather than be pissed that it isn't here yet. Be happy

#236 10 years ago

I guess first week of december!

#237 10 years ago

Metallica code is right around the corner

I mean first they just gotta finish the Pro & Premium versions of Star Trek, Avengers, X-Men, TF, ACDC & WOF... But hey it's just 11 games to finish, no prob!

Yes, then it's finally some well deserved time for MET Pro & METLE...which OK means 13 games to code. Then whatever the next 3 titles are in 2014, only 6 code sets there to work on but no big deal right?

We should all take comfort in the 19 various games they need to code. They got this in the bag yo! No worries, keep buying, it's a sure thing!

All the Stern games are great as is anyway & will really only get better with code I'm sure, I mean the guys will finish em in their spare time, they just gotta! $10K by Christmas & power packs galore!

#238 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Metallica code is right around the corner
I mean first they just gotta finish the Pro & Premium versions of Star Trek, Avengers, X-Men, TF, ACDC & WOF... But hey it's just 11 games to finish, no prob!
Yes, then it's finally some well deserved time for MET Pro & METLE...which OK means 13 games to code. Then whatever the next 3 titles are in 2014, only 6 code sets there to work on but no big deal right?
We should all take comfort in the 19 various games they need to code. They got this in the bag yo! No worries, keep buying, it's a sure thing!
All the Stern games are great as is anyway & will really only get better with code I'm sure, I mean the guys will finish em in their spare time, they just gotta! $10K by Christmas & power packs galore!

You should stop drinking.

#239 10 years ago

Or I should start

#240 10 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

You should stop drinking.

I like your style sir

Normally I'd say you're right but I'm sober & haven't slept much since Sunday night

We had our first baby

A baby that wants her dad to have a small fleet of pinball machines with complete code

I need a drink so F'n bad

#241 10 years ago

Congrats!!!

#242 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

A baby that wants her dad to have a small fleet of pinball machines with complete code

Quit buying NIB Sterns then. It cracks me up when people complain about incomplete code on NIB Sterns when it's pretty much been their model for years now. If you aren't patient enough to wait for the updates quit buying them NIB.

#243 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Quit buying NIB Sterns then. It cracks me up when people complain about incomplete code on NIB Sterns when it's pretty much been their model for years now. If you aren't patient enough to wait for the updates quit buying them NIB.

I didn't buy an unfinished NIB Stern.... I like legit finished games. Check my modest collection sir.

See I am a guy that religiously supports my local pinball establishment, keeps a few games around the house & really wants to expand & buy some complete NIB games.

But they don't F'n exist. Not on route or in homes

So according to your logic I CAN talk about it here with other pinheads... In a thread about incomplete code, since I didn't buy a game to remain unfinished for years or infinity. This may have been Stern's model from the start but it's getting worse. Fat people can get fatter, trust me lol

You say I crack you up & I should be patient "waiting" for updates.

Based on historical data & 19 games at minimum on the "to do" list I think the joke may be on you.

Sure hope I'm wrong buddy because I want a Metallica!

#244 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I didn't buy an unfinished NIB Stern.... I like legit finished games. Check my modest collection sir.
See I am a guy that religiously supports my local pinball establishment, keeps a few games around the house & really wants to expand & buy some complete NIB games.
But they don't F'n exist. Not on route or in homes
So according to your logic I CAN talk about it here with other pinheads... In a thread about incomplete code, since I didn't buy a game to remain unfinished for years or infinity. This may have been Stern's model from the start but it's getting worse. Fat people can get fatter, trust me lol
You say I crack you up & I should be patient "waiting" for updates.
Based on historical data & 19 games at minimum on the "to do" list I think the joke may be on you.
Sure hope I'm wrong buddy because I want a Metallica!

i like your style! A+

#245 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I like your style sir
Normally I'd say you're right but I'm sober & haven't slept much since Sunday night
We had our first baby
I need a drink so F'n bad

Congratulations on the birth of your first child. It's a great feeling. It was nearly 21 years ago for us but it seems like just yesterday.

Cheers \=/

#246 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You do realize that none of your games were finished when they were released? So yes, you did buy unfinished games. They may have been finished when you bought them, but they're no different than MET or ST. TSPP took more than four years to get finished. LOTR took almost 2 years. FGY had a nasty bug in TV wiz mode and mini playfield bugs, among other issues.

Ironic that you would use those games as an example. If you think things are getting worse now, then you don't know your Stern history.

Congrats on the addition to the family. We'll just blame your poor example on lack of sleep. d

#247 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Why are you in here complaining about having games with unfinished code then? Sounds like your friends problem not yours.

#248 10 years ago

First of all, congrats to the parents, and welcome to a future pinsider.

Quoted from PW79:

Check my modest collection sir.

It's not modest - it's fine. Love these 3 sterns. You just need to add WPT

Quoted from PW79:

See I am a guy that religiously supports my local pinball establishment

I wish I could say that. But with the exception of one bar nearby, arcades seem to keep the original code forever. The operator never does any upgrade. They probably invented the "NIB code" principle

#249 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Why are you in here complaining about having games with unfinished code then? Sounds like your friends problem not yours.

According to *you* people with incomplete games cannot complain.

Now you say route players (I spend 60-90 min driving each way to play) & collectors/buyers in purgatory awaiting code completion cannot mention incomplete code either?

So who CAN speak?

Well, you & I are done here lol. No hard feelings, we will prolly agree in the next thread

Quoted from phishrace:

You do realize that none of your games were finished when they were released? So yes, you did buy unfinished games. They may have been finished when you bought them, but they're no different than MET or ST. TSPP took more than four years to get finished. LOTR took almost 2 years. FGY had a nasty bug in TV wiz mode and mini playfield bugs, among other issues.
Ironic that you would use those games as an example. If you think things are getting worse now, then you don't know your Stern history.
Congrats on the addition to the family. We'll just blame your poor example on lack of sleep. d

Stern history? FGY was done in a year right? LOTR was done in what 18 mos?

Looking back at the last 18 mos of NIB releases & I don't see any completed titles. I'm a Stern fan. I prefer their games. I want them done!

I don't ever remember them having 19 unfinished titles on their plate like they will in 2014. So yeah man it is worse, it's bad, shit is so bad people make Hitler videos about Sterns code now.

Thanks BTW

#250 10 years ago

Duplicate FML

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.