image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 75.
#1851 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

What comes first
This post getting to 2000 or code?
This post getting to 2500 or code?
This post getting to 3000 or code?
We should have a contest.
My vote is 2143 posts and then we get code. That should be about 2 more more weeks.

Will there be a prize for poster 2000?

I'll bet code will appear on post 2222.

Quoted from iceman44:

What Stern should do is get a half dozen college intern programming geniuses to help Lyman and just pay them in weed and munchies. What's the problem?

Pull a few all nighters and have it done over the weekend.

Sounds like a plan.

#1852 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's the most fun piece of crap I own! Seriously I'm still loving it - as strange as that is with all the missing stuff…I f*cking love it. Had a killer game last nite, picked One as my song…even with my new STLE in the room, I prefer playing MetLE - it just feels so good…the *schling* of the metal ramps - love the shot insert rules (choose, collect inserts, start hurry up, collect hurry up)….love Lady Justice, Fuel, the personality of the Multiballs…love the Fuel lane shot. After the update this game might be a solid 10…I can't even imagine!

I really like the game (sans software) but for whatever reason, I just flat out suck 9/10 games. I don't know what it is about the layout but I put up consistently good games on most machines, except for metallica. Metallica is usually a 1 ball game for me and it explodes into 100-200 mil occasionally, but usually I just can't get anything going.

Compare to Tron, another fast and punishing game, I regularly can at least play for awhile and get a few multiballs a sea of simulation, and sometimes one or two shots away from Portal.

Both set to factory, I seriously think Tron is easier. Also I drink alot. Thoughts?

#1853 10 years ago

Speaking of MET game play, do you guys play with the orbit diverter enabled or disabled? And is there an advantage one way over another?

#1854 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I just flat out suck 9/10 games.

I hear you. I can't figure it out. It is starting to piss me off to be honest. This is a simple (not easy) game to play, but it just kicks my ass. It's feels like the harder I try, the worse I do.

I have managed to stack coffin, snake, and fuel once by accident which resulted in my highest score, but I can't repeat it.

#1855 10 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Speaking of MET game play, do you guys play with the orbit diverter enabled or disabled? And is there an advantage one way over another?

disabled. i think its harder that way?

#1856 10 years ago

I just spent an hour on my MOPLE, and have come back to the Reservation. Game still kicks ass. I am going to use Pinball Browser and customize the song list. This will guarantee that the new code drops this coming week. You are all welcome in advance.

#1857 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I just spent an hour on my MOPLE, and have come back to the Reservation. Game still kicks ass. I am going to use Pinball Browser and customize the song list. This will guarantee that the new code drops this coming week. You are all welcome in advance.

Thanks G. I was going to sell my Met to help get everyone new code, but I'll hold onto mine and let you help the pin community.

Also, my guess is that there will be 2750 posts before new code.

#1858 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Stern's Epic Announcement.
Metallica update coming to a theatre near you 2014

They already released that. It was titles :" On through the Never!!"

Seriously, that was a bad ass movie and I was moving my MetLE 199 from Wyoming to AZ in a rental van and stopped in Denver. Caught the movie in 3D and it just ended up being an awesome start to my first pin.

#1859 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

pay them in weed and munchies. What's the problem?

Weed is expensive .

#1860 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Weed is expensive .

Its free...it grows out of the ground

#1861 10 years ago
Quoted from bmunn1:

Good layout,and toys. Crappy rules.... mystery is what again?

I'd guess you don't understand the rules yet. I've yet to see anyone who actually understands the S&D qualifications and progression, and available stacks, complain about Mystery 500k....because it's so insignificant to what's going on, honestly.

I actually completely forget about Mystery until I read someone complain about it here. The game is asking you to accomplish quite a difficult stack (not to mention stacking the S&D hurry-ups along the way) and you are worried about a Mystery scoop?

Learn the rules before you call them 'crappy.' It's incomplete, yes, but what's there is very challenging and engaging.

#1862 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's the most fun piece of crap I own! Seriously I'm still loving it - as strange as that is with all the missing stuff…I f*cking love it. Had a killer game last nite, picked One as my song…even with my new STLE in the room, I prefer playing MetLE - it just feels so good…the *schling* of the metal ramps - love the shot insert rules (choose, collect inserts, start hurry up, collect hurry up)….love Lady Justice, Fuel, the personality of the Multiballs…love the Fuel lane shot. After the update this game might be a solid 10…I can't even imagine!

The Fuel lane shot is the best 'new' shot in years. Perfect kinetic bounce-back flow!

Such a simple concept but difficult to get just right. So glad that shot wasn't phoned-in as a simple kickout saucer. One of the best gameplay moments is laying a shot or two into FUEL during multi-ball, picking your moments with the ball staggering and flow, and just being in complete control of a massive scoring multiball...

I'm with you. If the update is what we all hope it is, then this pin is truly a masterpiece.

#1863 10 years ago

Mystery award being 500k all the time is more of a let down cause it could do so much more

Light extra ball
Automatically start a S&D hurry up for ya
Give you a coffin lock (prob only work on pro)
Complete a sparky light
Add a letter to Metallica
Add a letter to Snake.
Light a hurry up in fuel lane for 2x scoring.

Etc.

#1864 10 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

I've yet to see anyone who actually understands the S&D qualifications and progression, and available stacks, complain about Mystery 500k....because it's so insignificant to what's going on, honestly.

I agree with mystery being somewhat insignificant, but understanding s&d and how to stack everything is outrageously simple IMO. actually pulling it off isn't easy by any stretch, but the rules aren't rocket science at this point.

#1865 10 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

The Fuel lane shot is the best 'new' shot in years.

Unless you count Meg which, granted, is basically never worth shooting for.

#1866 10 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Unless you count Meg which, granted, is basically never worth shooting for.

Meg does not feed the left flipper like FUEL. I think mechslave was referring to the 1-2 effect. Perhaps I misread it.

#1867 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I agree with mystery being somewhat insignificant, but understanding s&d and how to stack everything is outrageously simple IMO. actually pulling it off isn't easy by any stretch, but the rules aren't rocket science at this point.

Oh it's totally simple once you see it. But you'd be surprised how many players don't exactly get S&D. I even had one guy playing at my place who told me he loved S&D, so I was watching him play and his shot selection was just not making any sense....at all. I suspected he didn't quite understand it. So during my ball I, nicely, just sort of talking to myself, called out the shots as I was completing them (and stacked two of the S&D hurry-ups) and I could see the light bulb go off in his head. He played his next ball totally different, and I could see he was hooked...

Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Meg does not feed the left flipper like FUEL. I think mechslave was referring to the 1-2 effect. Perhaps I misread it.

Exactly. It's not putting a target at the end of a lane that's genius, but the perfect bounce-back flow which feeds the inlane, smooth as silk, for your next shot. It's just a special, simple shot...which is also very meaningful and lucrative!

#1868 10 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Oh it's totally simple once you see it. But you'd be surprised how many players don't exactly get S&D. I even had one guy playing at my place who told me he loved S&D, so I was watching him play and his shot selection was just not making any sense....at all. I suspected he didn't quite understand it. So during my ball I, nicely, just sort of talking to myself, called out the shots as I was completing them (and stacked two of the S&D hurry-ups) and I could see the light bulb go off in his head. He played his next ball totally different, and I could see he was hooked...

Exactly. It's not putting a target at the end of a lane that's genius, but the perfect bounce-back flow which feeds the inlane, smooth as silk, for your next shot. It's just a special, simple shot...which is also very meaningful and lucrative!

I may be one of those players.........

Can you talk me through it?! Never had S & D.

#1869 10 years ago

Me too! Lol! Teach me!

#1870 10 years ago

Sure. It's easy.

You have 5 main shots: left/right loop (2), left/right ramp (2), and cross.

Each of those shots have 3 inserts behind the spider: Sparky, Snake and Cross.

When you hit any of the 5 main shots, then the Spider insert is lit for that shot...and that's the shot you're working on.

So you want to complete the inserts for that shot before hitting one of the other 4 shots and moving the Spider. Nothing carries over from your last ball (talk about frustrating sometimes!) so my advice is concentrate on one Spider at a time. I like to do the Cross first, because then it won't switch off of your other shots when you get the cross insert for that shot.

So shoot the Cross once to move the Spider insert there, then you'll need to hit Sparky, Snake and the Cross shot again (the Snake should light the inserts on the left ramp also) without hitting one of the other 4 shots which will move the Spider. Then all the inserts for the Cross should blink, and you'll need to hit the Cross again to light the Hurry-up at the Hammer. The shot isn't 'complete' until you hit the Hammer to complete it. Then the Cross is done, all the inserts for it will stay lit, and you move on to the next one...and the Cross will not switch your Spider for the rest of the 4 shots since it's complete.

Oh, and if you've been following along you know that you have Graveyard Multiball ready to go about now, too. So start that up and while playing the multiball JP's and SJP keep in mind your S&D shots you need as well, and be completing those during the multiball if you can.

You can stack the Hurry-ups and they're worth more... but I'm not sure of exact values. It's a real drag when you drain with 2-3 Hurry-ups ready to cash out at the Hammer, though, so the conservative play is just to cash them out as soon as they're ready, because the points in S&D are sooo big.

The Snake shot in my LE is very difficult, and that's usually the limiting reagent for S&D. If I'm making Snake shots, then S&D comes fairly easily. Also, the Snake is the best way to stack the Hurry-ups, since a shot to the Snake typically lights 3 of the 5 shot inserts. So you can just be missing the Snake inserts in 3 of the 5 shots, hit the Snake, and have 3 shots ready to hit to light their Hurry-ups...

Lmk if that makes sense, I'm not that great at typing out rules.

#1871 10 years ago

By the way, S&D starts as soon as you hit the Hammer for the 5th and final Hurry-up. And there is no grace period or ball save. Many times the shot to the Hammer which begins S&D also bounces out and drains me.... the WORST feeling, because you've got a good 5-10 seconds of the "SEEK...AND...DESTROY" intro...all while your ball is long gone. A buzz kill to say the least.

So it's nice to keep 1 of the 5 shots close to completion and wait to bring it into a multiball. Obviously Coffin is the best of them because you can bring yet another multiball into it while S&D is still going. The potential points for S&D + Coffin + Sparky + FUEL +AJFA stack are just stupid ridiculous. It's what the game is all about at the moment.

#1872 10 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

It also has multiple purposes, which will grow in the update....I wonder what the 3-inserts that correspond to the pop bumpers will do? I love hitting it for 2x scoring - then you see 2x arrow start to flash fast...and you hit the shot again before it times out - and your 2x timer resets! WOOO!

#1873 10 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

By the way, S&D starts as soon as you hit the Hammer for the 5th and final Hurry-up. And there is no grace period or ball save. Many times the shot to the Hammer which begins S&D also bounces out and drains me.... the WORST feeling, because you've got a good 5-10 seconds of the "SEEK...AND...DESTROY" intro...all while your ball is long gone. A buzz kill to say the least.
So it's nice to keep 1 of the 5 shots close to completion and wait to bring it into a multiball. Obviously Coffin is the best of them because you can bring yet another multiball into it while S&D is still going. The potential points for S&D + Coffin + Sparky + FUEL +AJFA stack are just stupid ridiculous. It's what the game is all about at the moment.

Thanks for explanation I think I have had 4 completed but didn't realize that it started the moment 5 are completed. And all that stacking sounds fun!

#1874 10 years ago

Seek and Desstroy is the freakin Awesome,i always go for it in every game! So CoOl!
Also what makes it so CoOl is it aint easy to get the S&D,challenging and fun once you get
it it's hurry-up to make light shots James count down is stressing me all the time.

#1875 10 years ago

"I just shoot flashing shots and rack up points"...

#1876 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I'm not so sure that this is right.

It is exactly correct and you can't argue the point since there's absolutely no way to verify it

#1877 10 years ago

Whatcha talking about Will!

#1878 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

It is exactly correct and you can't argue the point since there's absolutely no way to verify it

Wait and see. Then maybe someone will spill the beans on what's going on.

#1879 10 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

"I just shoot flashing shots and rack up points"...

Exactly!!! Ha ha

#1880 10 years ago

I finally booted Metallica up after a few months collecting dust. Reset scores and set to hard in order to make it feel new...just made me angry again that there's not new code because they freaking nailed it for this game on every other front (except for a few band call outs). . Great game, possibly in my top three if most of the promised features are implemented.

#1881 10 years ago

I just got my best score ever after not playing it for weeks. 178,859,710. Even managed two coffin multiballs in one game which I've never done before. Cmon Stern. Gimme code so I can lose my top score.

#1882 10 years ago

My guess for new code- January 28th when "through the never" is released on DVD. as good of guess as any other I guess......

#1883 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Seek and Desstroy is the freakin Awesome,i always go for it in every game! So CoOl!
Also what makes it so CoOl is it aint easy to get the S&D,challenging and fun once you get
it it's hurry-up to make light shots James count down is stressing me all the time.

#1884 10 years ago

Who knows I'm bored playing mine as I can only get so far and then nothing. Modes need to be programmed. I'm still a bit pissed we didn't get a mini update. I think waiting until its done is tedious. Apparently they are hard at work on X-men and finishing that up. Lyman is on Metallica and Star Trek is being worked on.

As for AC/DC and Avengers I have heard those are getting updates as well, but have no idea if they are being worked on. Does anyone know if they are? I'm hoping Stern tells us something soon. Metallica should be close unless Lyman was told to completely finish it

#1885 10 years ago

In anticipation of next weeks update, I worked on my game today:

image.jpgimage.jpg

- Full playfield clean
- One coat of wax
- Mylar shooter lane
- Star posts installed (hopefully will end the sling of doom)
- New slingshot rubbers
- Purple flipper rubbers
- Blue and red incandescents under the slings
- New balls

SPEED DEMON!!!

#1886 10 years ago

Can anyone write up which multi balls can be stacked together? And any other cool stacking tips for massive points!

#1887 10 years ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

Can anyone write up which multi balls can be stacked together? And any other cool stacking tips for massive points!

Coffin is the only multiball than can have another multiball stacked in.

#1888 10 years ago

uh

edit : went and played it and still couldn't focus on what stacked with what enough. too much fun

I think I got a bunch of different multiballs stacked together once i started coffin though, but I could be wrong. I thought snake maybe could stack with cross? Haven't been putting enough time on it lately.

set a new high score though, 342 mil with 68 of that on fuel. god dayyum that is a fun mode, the sound effects just tear my face off, such a pavlovian reward system. wonderful.

#1889 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The hammer works pretty well now - I wish it had a way to sense the ball at faster speeds - but if that's not possible & Lyman just changes it so that the captive ball hits still count toward your next lock if the Hammer hasn't smashed the ball yet, that would be fine by me.
In any case, I'm pretty sure there's an option to disable the hammer & the rules probably do revert to Pro style.

This is a must. I had 30 hits before the hammer grabbed the first ball the other day.

Some of this was because of Multiballs ... No hammer in multiballs... But otherwise the ball is just going too fast to be grabbed.

Now, on a Pro I would have started Coffin MB with 25 shots.

I would like to see an option where the block is the sensor too. Hit the block, magnet switches on for 1 second. That would sort the problem out once and for all.

But most important is, as RH states, the hits to the block count towards coffin MB starting... No matter how many balls are in the actual coffin.

rd.

#1890 10 years ago

Code stop posting till there's code lol

#1891 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Code stop posting till there's code lol

There will be 5 new threads the moment the update is live.

#1892 10 years ago

When are we gonna see this....

Where is the Mustang Update? Soon?

#1893 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

When are we gonna see this....
Where is the Mustang Update? Soon?

I hear the Mustang update is being worked on as we speak

#1894 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

uh
I think I got a bunch of different multiballs stacked together once i started coffin though, but I could be wrong. I thought snake maybe could stack with cross?

100% promise you that one single multiball can be started (cross, chair, or snake) once coffin is running and that is the only multiball stack available at all as of 1.22.

Every other mode in the game can be stacked into anything - the only one I'm thinking is not possible to actually start in a MB is lady justice mode - you have to start it before the MB. Fuel, 2X, SnD can all be started in a MB for sure.

Quoted from mechslave:

The potential points for S&D + Coffin + Sparky + FUEL +AJFA stack are just stupid ridiculous

My overanalytical view on the best way to tackle coffin MB:

Strategy wise, Coffin MB demands that you shoot the coffin to light jackpots (spider arrows) then collect a jackpot, jackpots go out, then hit the coffin again to light the remaining jackpots over and over. Collect all jackpots and the super is at the coffin. Because of this, stacking coffin with electric chair is not ideal since the chair jackpots are only on two shots, and sparky which is not a coffin MB shot. Stacking with cross is ok, but cross jackpots extinguish.

Imo, the strongest stack in the game is bringing snake into coffin for 2 reasons - first, snake jackpots are everywhere and they don't extinguish. Second, the snake itself is a required shot and with 4 balls on the playfield the snake gets a real beating, collecting all the snake combos you'll amass shooting for coffin jackpots. This lets you focus on trying to complete coffin while playing snake without having to think about anything.

#1895 10 years ago

Dealers are getting info on Mustang next week

#1896 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

When will we get the Metallica update? Nothing else matters!

#1897 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

This is a must. I had 30 hits before the hammer grabbed the first ball the other day.
Some of this was because of Multiballs ... No hammer in multiballs... But otherwise the ball is just going too fast to be grabbed.
Now, on a Pro I would have started Coffin MB with 25 shots.
I would like to see an option where the block is the sensor too. Hit the block, magnet switches on for 1 second. That would sort the problem out once and for all.
But most important is, as RH states, the hits to the block count towards coffin MB starting... No matter how many balls are in the actual coffin.
rd.

Yes, what Greg (RH) said is a must. The block needs to still count towards lock or the magnet needs to sense the ball much better than it does. I usually get a magnet lock when I hit the side of the snake lip and a slow roll/ricochet to the magnet.

#1898 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Sure, we'll all see it about a week after that. Nothing to do with Metallica code of course.

#1899 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sure, we'll all see it about a week after that. Nothing to do with Metallica code of course.

For me, it has a lot to do with MET code. I won't touch it because of the way this code was handled.

#1900 10 years ago

Hang in there guys the end is near and it will be more then worth the wait

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 29.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.