image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 75.
#1701 10 years ago

Who was counting down to today? And why? How about we stop counting down to nothing? Fanning flames isn't working here.

#1702 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Not sure - I will find out when I install

Nothing should hit the glass and should not impede his head movement.

#1703 10 years ago

In the game without the hood

IMG_1411.JPGIMG_1411.JPG
#1704 10 years ago

that looks SICK. I gotta get mine done soon.

#1705 10 years ago

pm me for my artist's info

#1706 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Who was counting down to today? And why? How about we stop counting down to nothing? Fanning flames isn't working here.

Mnpinballs two week window ends tomorrow.

#1707 10 years ago

Man, I want a Sparky to customize. Looks like fun!

#1708 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Mnpinballs two week window ends tomorrow.

No offense, but no one should be giving out windows. If he knows what's up behind the scenes he knows how many variables exist that aren't even about the actual code writing, and any one of them could delay things easily. Forget a date, it's "soon" and it's going to stay "soon" until one day it's "here". You'll get an ulcer otherwise!

#1709 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No offense, but no one should be giving out windows. If he knows what's up behind the scenes he knows how many variables exist that aren't even about the actual code writing, and any one of them could delay things easily. Forget a date, it's "soon" and it's going to stay "soon" until one day it's "here". You'll get an ulcer otherwise!

But how long before we get an ulcer? Soon?

#1710 10 years ago

Only 300 posts until 2000!

#1711 10 years ago

Update will be out in the next few days. How do I know? Because after I re-installed Sparky last night after his custom paint job, I got my best score ever. With my luck, the update will come quick and my score will be erased from the machine forever.

#1712 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I hear you. I wish he would come back and give us an update on whatever he's heard since.

#1713 10 years ago
Quoted from Bearded_Warrior:

But how long before we get an ulcer? Soon?

Pretty sure I can guarantee the ulcer in a week.

#1714 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Pretty sure I can guarantee the ulcer in a week.

But the wait is killing me! How am I going to reach Internal Bleeding Mode without the ulcers?!

#1715 10 years ago

*ulcers starting*

#1716 10 years ago

I'm already running a beta version of the ulcers.

#1717 10 years ago

Ulcer v.1.21

#1718 10 years ago

It's now over 6 months since the last update right? I thought today was that milestone.

#1719 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It's now over 6 months since the last update right? I thought today was that milestone.

V1.22 was released August 13th. Five months as of yesterday.

#1720 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

So we should expect the update in a month, right?

#1721 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Just seems like 6 months.

#1722 10 years ago

Yep probably feb 13

#1723 10 years ago

Considering Stern is only authorizing one more release I say Lyman should continue work on it for another 6 months. Solid code 1.5 years after release is normal for Stern.

#1724 10 years ago

So much for the countdown to today, huh? When is the new target date we are looking to now?

#1725 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

So much for the countdown to today, huh? When is the new target date we are looking to now?

Code won't drop until someone's ulcer perforates.

#1726 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Considering Stern is only authorizing one more release I say Lyman should continue work on it for another 6 months. Solid code 1.5 years after release is normal for Stern.

I find that really hard to believe especially on the newer release's. If Gary does do this, he most likely will shoot himself in the foot with all the customers who purchased these machines, and no company wants to lose any business regardless of how big or small.

#1727 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I doubt this. The game is done when lyman feels its done. Thats why he works on games at home. If he is satisfied with the new update and it has everything a tourney player needs, he would call it quits. I think this update will be it for a while, maybe a year and he may think of something the code needs later on and may revisit it.

If the update is good, who cares what the rom version is or how manu updates it got?

#1728 10 years ago

Still waiting patiently, no ulcers pending!!!

#1729 10 years ago

I hope it's this week. Not sure why mnpinball isn't visiting this thread.

#1730 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I think the 6 month mark is as good as an arbitrary fake release date as any. Also really close to Valentines day. No brainer really

Feb 13 here we come!

#1731 10 years ago

I"ll ask Lyman at Pinburgh. Yall hold on. Its only 6 weeks. That's Soon right?

#1732 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

I doubt you'll be the only one to ask if its takes till then.

Realistically that's a good bet for time for new code to drop tho...

#1733 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

In the game without the hood

IMG_1411.JPG 243 KB

wow, what a picture!

I like Met layout and think it has the potential to be top ten.
The songs should influence the rules .

#1734 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Actually, you know what's a bit funny, I seem to recall that Lyman missed Pinburgh last year because I think he was full tilt on Metallica code...

#1735 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Actually, you know what's a bit funny, I seem to recall that Lyman missed Pinburgh last year because I think he was full tilt on Metallica code...

Hope he makes this year's Pinburgh. I wanna bug him for a signature. LOL

#1736 10 years ago

Why did I download it randomly today? Sigh.

#1737 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

That is his favorite thing for people to ask

#1738 10 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

That is his favorite thing for people to ask

Yea Im sure it is Bryan. I was actually joking but it would be tempting. Not sure I couldn't ask being as aggrevated as I am. I had a conversation with him at Papa and it didn't come up.

#1739 10 years ago

Well my ulcers have now hit hurry up mode!!

#1740 10 years ago

I am afraid that they spent so much time chasing magnet board issues and trying to work out a code fix there, that he burnt into a big chunk of his set-aside time to program on Metallica. Once he had to move on, and didn't have as much progress as he intended or would have wanted toward actually game progression, it was behind the eight ball big time.

This is starting to really get frustrating to me now. I have been very patient, because of the hardware issues. But this is getting really old.

#1741 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I am afraid that they spent so much time chasing magnet board issues and trying to work out a code fix there, that he burnt into a big chunk of his set-aside time to program on Metallica. Once he had to move on, and didn't have as much progress as he intended or would have wanted toward actually game progression, it was behind the eight ball big time.
This is starting to really get frustrating to me now. I have been very patient, because of the hardware issues. But this is getting really old.

Ultimately that probably did chew up the month of time Lyman was wanting to work on rules. My frustration with this is:

a) that was 5-6 months ago and we really only saw ~30 days get chewed up. Surely the 'lost time' to hardware problems could be compensated for by Stern by now? (I personally don't hold Lyman personally accountable - I've chatted with him once and I believe he's smart and hard working and is simply strapped for time and attention - I have projects at work that are months behind because other crap comes up, someday they'll get the finish they need)

b) the stupid hammer still works crappy

#1742 10 years ago

I've thought that too. I wonder if the pro code is sitting ready to go pending hammer resolution.

#1743 10 years ago

Will the update have decals?

#1744 10 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I've thought that too. I wonder if the pro code is sitting ready to go pending hammer resolution.

They could have just disabled the hammer in the LE and used the captive ball as per the pro until they fixed the hammer. It would have sucked for us LE owners not to have the hammer, but at least we would have code. I don't play Metallica and I don't even WANT to play it anymore. The new rules would have to be amazing to change my view on that right now, I just want the code so I can sell the game.

#1745 10 years ago

How long until the update, two weeks you say.

#1746 10 years ago

I hope in this code update they have a better sample of Enter Sandman. Does anyone else find that this song is extremely quiet compared to the others?? I can just add a better sample with pinball browser I suppose….

(just adding to the thread…keeping it alive)!

#1747 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I hope in this code update they have a better sample of Enter Sandman. Does anyone else find that this song is extremely quiet compared to the others?? I can just add a better sample with pinball browser I suppose….

Extremely low, I resampled mine.

#1748 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

(just adding to the thread…keeping it alive)!

That's one song I plan on replacing. Heard it too much as a kid. Harvester of Sorrow will work in the time frame (but the last couple of lines get cut off. King Nothing is a better fit as it is 2 seconds shorter than Enter Sandman.

#1749 10 years ago

Harvester of Sorrow is one of the few tracks on AJFA where they didn't completely bury the bass in the mix, so good choice.

#1750 10 years ago

This post is like a comforting old blanket that I can come home to every night. I'm going to miss it when it's gone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,600 (OBO)
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 149.00
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.