image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 75.
#1652 10 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

Recently had friends over looking at MET who started asking about the rules and some of the features on the playfield. Like what happens when you get End of the Line...nothing. What do the band members do when you light them...nothing. What does Crank it Up do...nothing. It was actually kind of embarrassing. I gave the good "how great its going to be talk". I don't think they were impressed.

What you should say is that those few things are going to be added in a future update, but for now it has <x, y and z> which are more than any of you can accomplish in one game.

If you had explained the S&D progression to these fellas, and told them the objective is to get it ready to start, along with FUEL, and bring them right into a Coffin multiball, with a second multiball ready to stack into the mix as well, while starting AJFA and then of course trying to get the Snake to eat a ball during it all....well, I don't think they'd really have long to worry about being so unimpressed by the absence of forthcoming features.

No update sucks, believe me I'm with you on that. I'm looking forward to it. But I'm having a lot of fun with the ruleset as it is now.

Anyone break 100 Million S&D yet? I've been scoring consistently higher in S&D and having some nice rounds, and taking my time, but my best has been 89M since last update.

#1653 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

The issue he's referring to and is 100% right about is the majority of the most prominent inserts and lights and writing on the PF right smack in the middle mean absolutely nothing.

Are you embarrassed about your game too? If yes, you shouldn't be. Owning a TF or a XM is embarrassing. Owning a MET is worth bragging about. Even in its unfinished state. If you need something to tell your friends, tell them MET made into A division at PAPA three months after it was released. Not many games you can say that about.

Worth noting that SPIDEY TOOK THREE AND A HALF YEARS TO FINISH. If you're getting jumpy with MET already, it's probably time to sell.

#1654 10 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Anyone break 100 Million S&D yet? I've been scoring consistently higher in S&D and having some nice rounds, and taking my time, but my best has been 89M since last update.

1.20 I did 160 Million and with 1.22 I got 159 million

S&D score.jpgS&D score.jpg

#1655 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Are you embarrassed about your game too? If yes, you shouldn't be. Owning a TF or a XM is embarrassing. Owning a MET is worth bragging about. Even in its unfinished state. If you need something to tell your friends, tell them MET made into A division at PAPA three months after it was released. Not many games you can say that about.
Worth noting that SPIDEY TOOK THREE AND A HALF YEARS TO FINISH. If you're getting jumpy with MET already, it's probably time to sell.

I wouldn't say embarrassed. Bored or frustrated is about the extent of it.

#1656 10 years ago
Quoted from Der_Meister:

1.20 I did 160 Million and with 1.22 I got 159 million

S&D score.jpg 25 KB

I've been trying for one of those runs.... Great game!

If the hammer was more consistent at grabbing the ball then I'd be a lot closer! I've had perfectly setup S&D/Coffin stack fail several times because the magnet wouldn't grab the ball and I end up starting one of the other multis first. Other times I set it up perfectly but just don't pay it off with sprinkled 2x's the way I want. Still waiting on that epic perfect storm S&D...

#1657 10 years ago

You will get there, keep on playing and you will hit 100 million!

My strategy: If a multiball ends start focus on the next one and if the S&D timer starts to countdown make the shot to prolong the mode. You will get another multiball, and another, etc while keep the S&D mode running

#1658 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Owning a TF or a XM is embarrassing.

That is the type of statement that proves the point I stated earlier. XMEN was highly anticipated with one of the longest Pinside threads ever. A beautiful art package and marquee theme with a lot of excitement. XMen in its current state is a very fun game without the mechanical problems that plagued it. That was not the case for many months. These long delays and engineering issues destroy the games momentum and the games reputation. Thankfully MET hasn't had the debacle of a code update we saw with XMEN and we are all betting on Lyman to pull through. I own it and I want it to be great. I expect it will be, but the air of excitement has changed a great deal and it didn't have to be that way.

#1659 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

I own a Met pro and a TFLE and i like both of them. Im certainly not embarrassed. Thats just silly. Pinball is about fun and both of these machines are fun to me. Comparing the two i can see the TFLE has more complete code than Met. So you bet im looking forward and expect Met to get complete code... But I have a ton of fun playing both and so does everyone that stops by to play as well.

#1660 10 years ago

Met has tracked the progression of xmen. Xmen shipped basically with demo code. Met had more code initially but has taken longer for a major update. Xmen had a major update relatively quickly ... it was the second xmen update with the insane stacking that really sent us running for the torches and pitch forks.

Metallica is sadly on the same course of xmen it is just taking longer to get the first major update. If will come though. Met has awesome art and a great layout.

#1661 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Are you embarrassed about your game too? If yes, you shouldn't be. Owning a TF or a XM is embarrassing. Owning a MET is worth bragging about.

Ok good to know. I just did a self worth check on my games

(Master of Puppets) x Brag - (TFLE Decepticons + X Men LE Magneto)x Embarassed

leaves me one unit embarassed unless there are weighting factors I can apply to MOPLE to help me out.

I have a Spider-Man, Iron Man and LOTR I can apply to my image and self esteem.

All in fun. I really don't care. I just found it funny.

I like the games I own despite the hype or negativity surrounding them.

#1662 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I will say this, I have shared this with Lyman that he, and stern, would be better served if he acted as the chief creative guy for coming up with the ideas for the software and handing discrete tasks to other programmers to implement. He would act as quality control and have final say on these matters. He's an excellent programmer no doubt but his real genius is knowing how to create fun software. Decent programmers are a dime a dozen but someone who truly knows what makes software fun is very rare. Like Miyamoto at Nintendo.
Of course this is my opinion but I believe it would be sterns best move.

I agree this would increase Stern's average software quality, but there is a major drawback: one may never again see a masterpiece from him. In other words, when Lyman owns the code top to bottom it is a Pinside top 10 ranked game. When he is part of a software team, it tends to be lesser quality. Is it worth the tradeoff? Honestly I'm not so sure.

#1663 10 years ago

Hope it comes soon , my brother is going nuts waiting for the update

#1664 10 years ago

Sick of waiting for code and want to pass an hour enjoying something Metallica related? Go check out the Dehaan show on youtube, it was pretty good! Just watched it.

#1665 10 years ago

The code will be there when it done. No amount of complaining will make it come any quicker.

I know there are a lot of people who are not happy with the time it is taking to get the code out but isn't it better to get a great code a little later than you would like than get one that suits your time frame but is not complete.

Have some patience, you will be rewarded.

#1666 10 years ago

The longer I am on this forum, th more I appreciate the "ignore user" option. Now I am off to find a pin that I can brag to my imaginary friends about.

#1667 10 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

The longer I am on this forum, th more I appreciate the "ignore user" option. Now I am off to find a pin that I can brag to my imaginary friends about.

Ignored!

#1668 10 years ago

Just added Mezel's cemetery mod and a few other things. Then had a killer game! Can't wait for new code!

#1669 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Just added Mezel's cemetery mod and a few other things. Then had a killer game! Can't wait for new code!

Awesome. I see you are missing the speakers, purple is awesome! What about a 2 wire sparky helmet. Then you can get to the non-existent wizard mode using one flipper.

#1670 10 years ago

My best game. Ball 1, ball 1 extra ball, ball 1 extra ball 2, ball 2, ball 3image-450.jpgimage-450.jpgimage-868.jpgimage-868.jpgimage-906.jpgimage-906.jpgimage-764.jpgimage-764.jpgimage-947.jpgimage-947.jpg

#1671 10 years ago

Nice scores, my best is only 93 million, only seem to get worse as a player instead of better. Funny, I have and AFM next to my Metallica as well. Keeps me from rolling it over and smashing it to pieces.

#1672 10 years ago

I haven't come close since

#1673 10 years ago

Waow. Impressive. My best is 199 Millions.

#1674 10 years ago

How long does it take for Stern to send warranty parts?
Suffered a decapitated drop target a week ago last Friday - I'm in NY and nothing yet.
I would have hoped to get it in 5 business days or sooner - am I impatient or shoud I check up tomorrow.

#1675 10 years ago

I got warantee parts through my distributor in a week. Called Monday AM and had parts Fri night.

#1676 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

My best game. Ball 1, ball 1 extra ball, ball 1 extra ball 2, ball 2, ball 3

Good score! Any more tips as to where some big points are?

#1677 10 years ago

Paging mnpinball for an update.

#1678 10 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

How long does it take for Stern to send warranty parts?
Suffered a decapitated drop target a week ago last Friday - I'm in NY and nothing yet.
I would have hoped to get it in 5 business days or sooner - am I impatient or shoud I check up tomorrow.

If you don't get it Monday let me know I'll ship one out for free - they sent me a dozen by mistake.

#1679 10 years ago

This thread is dead, just like my Met until I get code. YOUR DEAD TO ME STERN!!

#1680 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Within the next 2 weeks the code should drop..... that's what I gots for infos
Keep a cool tool and play another game if it bothers you so much.
Lyman will deliver.

One more day to go...I hope.

#1681 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

One more day to go...I hope.

I just mailed my check for a new MET Pro, so that would be sweetness. Not holding breath, but I'm also not sick of the current code like early owners.

#1682 10 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I just mailed my check for a new MET Pro, so that would be sweetness. Not holding breath, but I'm also not sick of the current code like early owners.

Congrats!

#1683 10 years ago

Rumor is that all games

ACDC
XMEN
AVENGERS
METALLICA
ST

are getting minor to major updates and then Stern will move to the new system and not look back. So while this is a rumor I think it makes sense. I can also assume that Lyman may revisit his games as he has done in the past ala Tron, but that the next updates are likely to be the last on current Sterns.

#1684 10 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

You will love it! Grats...

#1685 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Rumor is that all games
ACDC
XMEN
AVENGERS
METALLICA
ST
are getting minor to major updates and then Stern will move to the new system and not look back. So while this is a rumor I think it makes sense. I can also assume that Lyman may revisit his games as he has done in the past ala Tron, but that the next updates are likely to be the last on current Sterns.

Thanks for sharing - Its a rumor that sucks I think only for Metallica. Lyman certainly took two years to produce his finest game, and no reason Metallica should not be next to his other great games. However, Metallica is so far from done, he won't figure out the scoring is not balanced or this should be like that in one more update.

#1686 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Rumor is that all games
ACDC
XMEN
AVENGERS
METALLICA
ST

I haven't heard anything about ACDC, but all the other games are definitely getting updates, so I guess that would make sense. Honestly ACDC would be seen as done if they had just named the last version 2.0.

I think it's a Good Thing™ to just have games be DONE, no more waiting for minor updates. Obviously they need to be freaking finished first, but then seal it and move on. I can't imagine ColorDMD tackling a Stern that wasn't confirmed finished for instance.

#1687 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Rumor is that all games
ACDCXMENAVENGERSMETALLICAST

Hope your right...would love to have the METLE update soon!

#1688 10 years ago

Personally I don't think ac/ dc is done. The bell does not do much and I feel they should have a combo multiball with the upper and lower pf

#1689 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Personally I don't think ac/ dc is done. The bell does not do much and I feel they should have a combo multiball with the upper and lower pf

Sure, I hear that, the upper and lower multiball especially, would make the lower playfield more interesting for sure.

But if they'd called the last update 2.0 and called it done would the pitchforks have come out? No way. The 2.0 update could come out with some little scoring tweaks, not include what you just wished for, and it would still be "done".

#1690 10 years ago

Can we stop with the rumors please? They are getting old

#1691 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Can we stop with the rumors please? They are getting old

So stop reading a rumor thread?

It's the same rumors that multiple sources have been saying for a while, I don't see anything changed.

#1692 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So stop reading a rumor thread?
It's the same rumors that multiple sources have been saying for a while, I don't see anything changed.

Well, what is new is that updates may cease once the new system arrives.

#1693 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, what is new is that updates may cease once the new system arrives.

I mean, the updates need to cease period. X-Men will get Deadpool etc, unless they mess something up it should be done I would think. Avengers didn't need much AFAIK, guessing the update with be minor, then done. AC/DC sure doesn't need much (if anything) I would think if it gets updated again it's done. Metallica update is going to be the full deal, not an incremental, so hopefully it's done too.

No idea how close Star Trek is to finished, but it's the brand new game, and there's a ton of public support for it (Urban voice pack, SR's Pinball News post) so I think we can safely assume it will get what it needs.

So we really already knew all this with the info that was out there.

It's fun to get updates, but if Stern could say "hey, all our games are finished now (lol WOF) and we're moving onto the new system" then wouldn't we all cheer?

#1694 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Rumor is that all games
ACDC
XMEN
AVENGERS
METALLICA
ST

Wait, you are saying Stern is producing one update for their latest 5 games and then calling them all done? That's the worst rumor to come out of this thread.

#1695 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

AC/DC sure doesn't need much (if anything) I would think if it gets updated again it's done.

I really hope they "spruce up" the mini-PF, and by that I mean maybe give us some animations or real goals down there other than just bash the shots. Plus, since they're color changing, I think some cool stuff could be utilitized with the lower PF inserts, as well as simultaneous multiball on both PF's (like mentioned above).

However, with all that being said, if it never got another update I still see it as a pretty damn complete game.

#1696 10 years ago

My Sparky goes back in tonight after repaint and EL shocker mod. Hope the update drops tomorrow - that would be the icing on the cake.

IMG_1408.JPGIMG_1408.JPG
#1697 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

My Sparky goes back in tonight after repaint and EL shocker mod. Hope the update drops tomorrow - that would be the icing on the cake.

I love the idea of the wire on the helmet but doesn't it hit the glass & push his head down? Or at least close enough that it would impede the head animation when MB starts?

#1698 10 years ago

Not sure - I will find out when I install

#1699 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

If you don't get it Monday let me know I'll ship one out for free - they sent me a dozen by mistake.

Thanks for the offer - they actually showed up today - about time.....

#1700 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Good score! Any more tips as to where some big points are?

I got my best score the this weekend 239,259,480 and I think a lot of the points came via having Seek & Destroy mode going with a Sparky Multi-ball at the same time...

IMG_0765.JPGIMG_0765.JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.