image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 75.
#1551 10 years ago

So is it still within your two week window or no?

#1552 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

So is it still within your two week window or no?

Given the variables in play I'd be highly shocked if anyone had a date ahead of time by much.

#1553 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You wouldn't get the answers you wanted. I was offered an interview with Gary (passed, utterly uninterested in traveling to CES) and I wouldn't ask him how Lyman's Metallica code was coming. You think he'd really have the straight answer for me?

I also wouldn't ask direct when the Metallica code is comming!

But I would ask him, how important complete code is for the sales to home users. And why there is no communication if something has to be delayed. And I would ask if he knows that JJP has a forum for direct discussion between the customers and the JJP team. And I would ask him why STERN has the following on their Web page:
"The Stern Blog offers insights from the minds of some of the people who make the games a reality. Want to chat with fellow pinball enthusiasts? Join our forum section, where you can chat about games, events and everything pinball."
And I would ask where I could join this forum section?

#1555 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Given the variables in play I'd be highly shocked if anyone had a date ahead of time by much.

Fair enough. I guess I was really asking mnpinball if he's heard anything different since his last post on the matter.

#1556 10 years ago

i think his information pipeline is kaput.

index.jpgindex.jpg
#1557 10 years ago

most important question in this thread who is the girl in your avatar picture and where can I see more of her lol

#1558 10 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

most important question in this thread who is the girl in your avatar picture and where can I see more of her lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/MissHannahMinx

#1560 10 years ago

I guess it is gonna be a small update...

#1561 10 years ago
Quoted from JackSlater:

I guess it is gonna be a small update...

small and dirty update!

#1562 10 years ago

I hear its not the size of the update , but how its implimented that will matter : )

#1563 10 years ago

You heard wrong.

#1564 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

You heard wrong.

Thats what she said!

#1565 10 years ago

Size does matter in this case

#1566 10 years ago

Waiting on the code reminds me of this...

#1567 10 years ago

size-does-matter.jpgsize-does-matter.jpg
#1568 10 years ago

Do the update for the children

#1569 10 years ago

Hey we're only 6~ days away according to Mnpinballs source. Unless he hears otherwise.

#1570 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

100% agree. The people who sold their METLEs are probably going to be sorry they did.

No I won't sorry to let you down. Got to play it for a number of months and sold it for what I paid. Happy it's gone and this coming from a Metallica fan since 84.

Hope you get your update I am sure it will improve the game, but it won't change the layout or shots. Cannot believe they still have not updated this game.

#1571 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Hey we're only 6~ days away according to Mnpinballs source. Unless he hears otherwise.

That is great news! Hope it's accurate

#1572 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Hey we're only 6~ days away according to Mnpinballs source. Unless he hears otherwise

Perhaps break out the furious fuhrer lack of code update video again to help MET owners get through the next week of waiting.

#1573 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I'm still calling end of Jan. Based on nothing.

#1574 10 years ago

I'm glad I got a new toy to play with while I wait. Now the wondering about the code has gone from my frontal lobes to my upper spinal fluid.

#1575 10 years ago

"They have top men working on it right now"
"who ?"
"TOP men"

#1576 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

"who ?"
"TOP men"

one of the greatest movies ever

#1577 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

"who ?"
"TOP men"

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hears this quote when thinking of Stern's code updates

#1578 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

small and dirty update!

LOL! you got me, I look foward to play your met and take my words back. art is nice, layout is great, Lymans need to bring it to greatness with a final code.

#1579 10 years ago

1577 posts we will hit 2000 before the update is released haha

#1580 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

"who ?"
"TOP men"

#1581 10 years ago

I see several references to a new song. Who indicated more music would be added? I imagine that has to be renegotiated. Would love to see King Nothing make it in. Or Harvester of Sorrow.

#1582 10 years ago

huff ... puff... I can't believe .huff...puff..I made it to the end of this thread and without posting either.

What have I learned? Not much of anything although there were a few entertaining nuggets....I think. My condolences on your waits for more code. I can feel your disappointments and secret hopes of joy. Don't even own a MET and I read this thread.

Well it is probably going to be a long walk back so I have to get going. But keep the commentary coming.

#1583 10 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Would love to see King Nothing make it in. Or Harvester of Sorrow.

"Frayed Ends of Sanity" for the WOZ reference.

#1584 10 years ago

I see several references to a new song. Who indicated more music would be added? I imagine that has to be renegotiated. Would love to see King Nothing make it in. Or Harvester of Sorrow.

John Borg mentioned this in the Spooky Pinball Podcast interview at the beginning of December. He said he wanted to add two or three more songs, and specifically said he wanted to add a "Death Magnetic" song for Coffin MB, and he mentions "My Apocalypse" and (I think) "The Day That Never Ends." He said they were thinking about having FB followers vote, but that hasn't happened yet.

#1585 10 years ago

There have been several sources for new songs being added, including one that was public IIRC. And yes, I imagine adding new tracks would require going through their licensing process again.

Edit: Thanks Sparky that was the public one I was thinking of.

#1586 10 years ago

They should add the song from Death Magnetic - "The Day That Never Comes". Title fits for all of us that waiting for that MET update....

#1587 10 years ago

And the movie, "On through the never" seems appropriate though. Great movie if you haven't seen it btw

#1588 10 years ago

I do wonder why any new songs would not have been part of the original licensing agreement.

#1589 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I do wonder why any new songs would not have been part of the original licensing agreement.

Yeah. In the making of vid, Borg said Metallica chose all the music. Maybe they want to go back and ask for some extra songs that were designer faves. Or maybe as a treat for the wait. LOL.

#1590 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I wonder why they put any songs that weren't on RTL and MOP on. So hey. (I was actually pretty pleased that they leaned so heavily on those two albums.)

#1591 10 years ago

I added Harvester of Sorrow to my game!!! Awesome song!

#1592 10 years ago

I wouldn't hold your breath for the songs in the next update. I have NO inside info but I get the impression that this wasn't supposed to be talked about publicly.

#1593 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I wouldn't hold your breath for the songs in the next update. I have NO inside info but I get the impression that this wasn't supposed to be talked about publicly.

What in the world are you talking about? The game's designer is the one who made it public.

#1594 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What in the world are you talking about? The game's designer is the one who made it public.

Still doesn't mean it's something they wanted so public - slip of the tongue, or a bit of overhype to compensate for lack of code updates maybe? I know I've gone on record brainstorming about neat ideas I'd like to tackle at work, then a few weeks later go "why did I say that"

Basically now everyone thinks there's going to be 3 new songs in the game - kinda like OMG WHERES DEADPOOL?! we'll now forever be expecting 3 new songs to be forever coming. It would have been better (for Stern and probably us) to not know about it and either be shocked at new songs, or never know what we were potentially missing out on.

#1595 10 years ago

I'm personally giving up on Metallica. I'll be moving it on soon. I don't even care about the code update anymore, but I hope it comes soon for the rest of you. I've become jaded by having the game since launch with half the code missing.

#1596 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I've become jaded

Sounds like someone is AC/DC bound

#1597 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I'm personally giving up on Metallica. I'll be moving it on soon.

I need some spare cash to grab one of these fire sale Metallicas.

#1598 10 years ago

I seriously can't believe an update hasn't been released. This is just dumping on your customers at this point. What a joke.

I'm almost considering blowing out my Met LE for a different game and that's crazy because I was pretty sure this was a keeper for me.

Sincerely,
Jaded LE Customer #497 of 500

#1599 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I'm personally giving up on Metallica. I'll be moving it on soon. I don't even care about the code update anymore, but I hope it comes soon for the rest of you. I've become jaded by having the game since launch with half the code missing.

I'm close to agreeing. If I didn't like the band so much it would be out of my house by now. I'm just bored of it - the layout is great, the art is amazing, the toys are fun (if the hammer worked better I'd be even more ecstatic) but there's just nothing to do once you've played the MB's through except progress to Seek and Destroy or more MB's.

None of that is strategy nor does it take any thinking. Heck even if there were more stacking opportunities between MB's there would be more strategy to it.

#1600 10 years ago

Also am I the only one disappointed in the newest (1.22) software not prioritizing the fuel fast scoring display on the DMD? It used to show the fuel gauge and the per-hit scoring you were getting which was fun to see when you ripped a spinner with 4X scoring going. I realize it should switch for jackpots and what not but it shouldn't switch for every pick, pop bumper, and spinner hit. The spinner DMD info is still basically placeholder - why I would want to see it is unclear

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.95
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 29.95
$ 25.50
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.