image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 75.
#1251 10 years ago

I've got MOPLE and Xmen LE and seriously I'm wondering why didn't you guys sue Stern for his practice - selling incomplete product. I've sent several emails to my distributor and even to Gary Stern - but they don't give a sh*t about me.

This is the same situation as if you bought a car, but have the speedlimit inside to 30 mph - cause it's not finished.

C'mon guys - please do something bout this. I'm from Poland and it's hard to sue such a big company from here.

#1252 10 years ago
Quoted from Squall:

I've got MOPLE and Xmen LE and seriously I'm wondering why didn't you guys sue Stern for his practice - selling incomplete product. I've sent several emails to my distributor and even to Gary Stern - but they don't give a sh*t about me.
This is the same situation as if you bought a car, but have the speedlimit inside to 30 mph - cause it's not finished.
C'mon guys - please do something bout this. I'm from Poland and it's hard to sue such a big company from here.

Ya great plan, sue one of the only companies making pinballs and potentially put them out of business?

Retard...

#1253 10 years ago

No way! Retard is waiting all the time, and searching for stupid updates on their Facebook. And when you write something wrong about them they delete your comments. Ehhh...

#1254 10 years ago

Ya they are not perfect I totally agree..

Don't buy their games anymore then, suing them is just silly talk

Sorry for the retard comment lol

#1255 10 years ago

Send your comments directly to them, Facebook is a waste of time...

#1256 10 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Every time I come to Pinside this thread is floating at the top with 100-150 responses and I think "surely there must be some information...how could there be 150 posts with nothing new and no feedback from Stern?"

When there's new code there are going to be at least 3 different threads started to trumpet it, so if you don't see that nothing's happened.

Stern isn't going to announce that it's being worked on, or they would have done that a long time ago. They dropped the Metallica and X-Men hint the other day, but I'm guessing that's the level of communication you're going to get. Lame, but is what it is.

I'm actually not gonna be surprised to see the X-Men update drop first, then this thread will get really nice and angsty.

#1257 10 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Butterflygirl24 that was your Metallica in the free play room with the speaker mod and others? Fun game! Thanks for bringing it - I love Metallica in general but that was a pretty sweet one!

Yes it was. That was good times

I took the code "downtime" to install a bunch of pinball refinery mods just now (along with replacing my broken drop target assembly). Just played a game and god damn is this thing beautiful. I can only imagine how great it will look with the code update. Light show eyegasm.

#1258 10 years ago

Guys I am looking to fix my slings of death, the electronic shop near me doesn't have any 4 ohm 10 watt resistors. He does have 3 ohm 10 watt or a 4.6 ohm 25 watt, would either of those work?

#1259 10 years ago
Quoted from Squall:

It's not as if they sold the games without the code. We all knew the code was incomplete when we bought it. Talk of suing them is ridiculous.

#1260 10 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

It's not as if they sold the games without the code. We all knew the code was incomplete when we bought it. Talk of suing them is ridiculous.

What we here in overseas "know" about your law is, that there is no better business than to be a lawyer....
Mc D was sued beacause of not prining the warning " coffee is hot" on the cups, so Stern could also be sued for not printing "Incomplete Code" on their pins.

Sorry for the bad english / american , i ve´had "some" german beer this evening...

#1261 10 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

What we here in overseas "know" about your law is, that there is no better business than to be a lawyer....
Mc D was sued beacause of not prining the warning " coffee is hot" on the cups, so Stern could also be sued for not printing "Incomplete Code" on their pins.
Sorry for the bad english / american , i ve´had "some" german beer this evening...

The answer is simpler than that my german friend. (mmm good beer) Stern have your money. They already made a profit on the licence so they aren't in a rush to fix the code.

#1262 10 years ago

McDonalds is a huge company with deep pockets that could afford a lawsuit. I disagree with suing Stern, it plays and is fun right now. We will get improved code soon.

If you sued them, and you won what do you think will happen? They can't afford a lawsuit. I don't think anyone wants them to close up because of a lawsuit over code.

#1263 10 years ago

Your English is fine. May want to lay off the beers though.

#1264 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

May want to lay off the beers though.

Screw that !

#1265 10 years ago

I'll tell you this much. That lady had severe burns and spent a week in the hospital. After they settled before appeals she ended up with half and deserved it all.

#1266 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

I'll tell you this much. That lady had severe burns and spent a week in the hospital. After they settled before appeals she ended up with half and deserved it all.

Screw that too ! She didn't know coffee was hot ? What she deserved was a better education !

#1267 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Screw that too ! She didn't know coffee was hot ? What she deserved was a better education !

And a good wake up slap

#1268 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

The lady who got burned initially only wanted $20,000 to cover her current medical expenses and for future expenses. McDonald's offered her $800 and refused to raise their offer. That led to the lawsuit and the large judgement. Yes it was stupid of the lady to put hot coffee in her lap but it was also stupid of McDonald's not to pay the $20,000 to begin with.

#1269 10 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Guys I am looking to fix my slings of death, the electronic shop near me doesn't have any 4 ohm 10 watt resistors. He does have 3 ohm 10 watt or a 4.6 ohm 25 watt, would either of those work?

Ya. Both probably work. The 4.6 ohm will slow the slings more than the 3

#1270 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

She knew the coffee was hot. This lawsuit had a lot of misconception. The news said she was driving when she was actually sitting. The temperature was 20 degrees hotter than their max now. The burns were in between hers legs and she had skin grafts. Like the other guy said she only wanted hospital bills.

#1271 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

She knew the coffee was hot. This lawsuit had a lot of misconception. The news said she was driving when she was actually sitting. The temperature was 20 degrees hotter than their max now. The burns were in between hers legs and she had skin grafts. Like the other guy said she only wanted hospital bills.

I also think that mcdonalds had realized that people thought coffee was better scolding hot then better beans so it was a decision they made. I remembering reading this case in school not so cut and dry. However the kid in me would love to serve papers to Gary but logically I know it will only increase prices and it's a silly solution.

#1272 10 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Put washers under your plastic posts, problem solved.

It raises the centerline of the ball impact of the sling rubber so it doesn't 'lift" the ball when hit.

#1273 10 years ago

Also according to the thread in star treck the new code does have coil strength adjustments for the slings. So should be in the one for Metallica.

#1274 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Also according to the thread in star treck the new code does have coil strength adjustments for the slings. So should be in the one for Metallica.

Coming real soon!!!

#1275 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Put washers under your plastic posts, problem solved.
It raises the centerline of the ball impact of the sling rubber so it doesn't 'lift" the ball when hit.

Way to think outside the box. So many people would rather moan about a problem rather than try to creatively fix it.

#1276 10 years ago

As I mentioned before, also check to see if your sling posts are 'sanded' on the bottom; some posts in my game had actually been sanded down to make them shorter. This could be causing the rubber to dig in more under the centerline of the ball.

#1277 10 years ago

To answer the ops question. No apparently!!

#1278 10 years ago

Btw guys I would really appreciate a pic showing where is the snake adjusment for the lower snake mandible in my Metallica LE.

Yesterday I tried to locate it, and I think I messed with the wrong screw

Thanks in advance guys.

#1279 10 years ago
Quoted from Krorghar:

Btw guys I would really appreciate a pic showing where is the snake adjusment for the lower snake mandible in my Metallica LE.
Yesterday I tried to locate it, and I think I messed with the wrong screw
Thanks in advance guys.

Only screw adjustment is for the latch that holds the jaw open. When I got my game I had to adjust it to get my snake jaw to open/close consistently. It won't lower the jaw.

#1280 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

As I mentioned before, also check to see if your sling posts are 'sanded' on the bottom; some posts in my game had actually been sanded down to make them shorter. This could be causing the rubber to dig in more under the centerline of the ball.

One of my posts looked sanded, the others didn't. How many washers under each post do you guys think? I put two under each post, but I think it might be to high, I guess ill pull it back apart and try one.

#1281 10 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

One of my posts looked sanded, the others didn't. How many washers under each post do you guys think? I put two under each post, but I think it might be to high, I guess ill pull it back apart and try one.

Try 1 that should do it. It's quick, easy and looks factory if you do all of them.

#1282 10 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Thanks to all in this post for the advice on the washers. I finally got around to putting the washers under mine. One on each post. And... so far, so good. And my machine was basically unplayable before with the airballs.

#1283 10 years ago

I've already mentioned this but I replaced my slings with higher post for looks and it turned out to help my sling of doom.

sling.jpgsling.jpg

#1284 10 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

I've already mentioned this but I replaced my slings with higher post for looks and it turned out to help my sling of doom.

sling.jpg 92 KB

Where did you find the clear slingshot rubbers?

#1285 10 years ago

Pinballcenter.eu the best place for LEDs! No Flix Plus

#1286 10 years ago

Those rubbers are excellent, they spread the light and are not more expensive than normal ones. I tried them and now only buy that.

#1287 10 years ago

pinball life has them as well

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3183

I put them in AVLE mixed with black ones and think it looks awesome. I'm hoping to put them in STLE as well

#1288 10 years ago

Things I have done since I decided to try and be patient for the code:

Installed mirror blades on my MM, MB, and CC.
Full shop job on my IJ.
Cleaned my game room and organized a bunch of parts.
Went and played WOZ on location.
Had a picture of myself playing said WOZ posted in the Stern contest thread on Facebook.
Installed a garage door ramp cliffy on my TSPP.
Set new high scores on TAF, TSPP, IJ and IJ4.

I'm grasping at straws at this point. Are we there yet ?

#1289 10 years ago

I have a New Years pin party planned sounds like the only thing that won't be changing this year is the code. On to the next hope another big February 14th update for this year.

#1290 10 years ago

Where do you guys get this holiday fixation from? Lyman has the code ready in early January, but stops and thinks "oh wait, I can't release this until Valentines Day now, damn"?

#1291 10 years ago

So many MET's for sale on Pinside this week...there's a new one everyday.

faith.jpgfaith.jpg

#1292 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Where do you guys get this holiday fixation from? Lyman has the code ready in early January, but stops and thinks "oh wait, I can't release this until Valentines Day now, damn"?

Just history - but I was also having fun. The last mega update where they did games as a bundle was on V-day. I remember it because it was a choice of Tron or planning a date. Now the truth was they had released them in bits around that day, but did a v-day holiday press release. Also thank goodness for grocery store flowers, as the date was not planned well.

#1293 10 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Like mnpinball said, try using some washers underneath your sling posts to raise the center-line of your sling rubbers to help eliminate air balls.
I posted a picture of this mod last week on the Metallica Owner's thread,
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/13
but since you didn't see it, here ya go:

IMG_0713.JPGIMG_0713.JPG

#1294 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Installed mirror blades on my MM, MB, and CC.

How close are the mirror blades to the playfield on MM? I am considering do this, but the playfield literally is only millimeters from the cabinet walls and I'm concerned the playfield will catch and scratch the mirror blades every time I lift the playfield up.

#1295 10 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

How close are the mirror blades to the playfield on MM? I am considering do this, but the playfield literally is only millimeters from the cabinet walls and I'm concerned the playfield will catch and scratch the mirror blades every time I lift the playfield up.

Well every cabinet can be a little different. I had the most trouble with CC.

Just be super careful when you lift your playfield up and you'll be fine.

#1296 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

So many MET's for sale on Pinside this week...there's a new one everyday.

faith.jpg 33 KB

Yeah, I am quite surprised myself. Firesale anyone?

#1297 10 years ago
Quoted from JackSlater:

Their loss. It's going to be like an entirely new game soon. 9 more modes/features (4 band, 4 Crank It Up, End of Line) and who knows what else. You'll see tons of "Wanted to BUY BACK!!!" ads soon

#1298 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Their loss. It's going to be like an entirely new game soon. 9 more modes/features (4 band, 4 Crank It Up, End of Line) and who knows what else. You'll see tons of "Wanted to BUY BACK!!!" ads soon

Agreed. I also feel the frustration. All Stern needs to do is tell people code will be out soon and what is expected to be in it.

Rumor is a new song plus those modes

#1299 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Agreed. I also feel the frustration. All Stern needs to do is tell people code will be out soon and what is expected to be in it.
Rumor is a new song plus those modes

Code is compiling now - they have forgotten the stern code playbook. That takes a few weeks from what I remember.

#1300 10 years ago
Quoted from JackSlater:

Not surprised as easy to get fed up with a wait that seems to be going on and on and on and on...........

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.