image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 75.
#1051 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Is it?
I think the point is that he would have liked to have heard that in the last 4 months. To wait 4 months, and then have Stern simply say "we're working on it" would seem like a bit of slap in the face to me since the impression would be that they just now started working on it, and we might have to wait 4 more months for it to actually be released.

I agree with that, communication should have been there from the beginning. No question. Just saying, if they did finally start it would be a good thing, even if late. I get the frustration though. Luckily so does Stern, lot of updates coming for games (and not in 4 months), not that they'll bother to tell anyone.

#1052 10 years ago

It kind of makes it a love/hate relationship.

Weird business practice

#1053 10 years ago

I'll raise a glass to the next 1000 posts

#1054 10 years ago

To quote Hitler, "500,000, what kind of mystery is that?"

Hopefully Stern will take care of my good friends that are patiently waiting for their Metallica code updates by the end of the year.

#1055 10 years ago

See you guys in January.

#1056 10 years ago

So disappointing. Metle will be my first and last NIB from Stern.

#1057 10 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

So disappointing. Metle will be my first and last NIB from Stern.

I'm feeling the same way as you....and I HATE it! I was soooo excited when I opened it. It's only saving grace is that my 4 year old absolutely loves the pin!

#1058 10 years ago

dude, you suck .. from now on please keep your incorrect predictions to yourself...some of us actually believed you because you have an inside connection

#1059 10 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

dude, you suck .. from now on please keep your incorrect predictions to yourself...some of us actually believed you because you have an inside connection

It's not his fault. It's Stern.

#1060 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

stern didn't tell me there was an announcement today, he did

#1061 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

It is his fault. He should know better. When it comes to releasing code updates, having inside info doesn't help. It's done when it's done.

#1062 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

As long as you guys pre-order machines with incomplete code, it's y'alls fault. Stern is just a company, out to make money. Right now they make more money focusing on new games than making older games more functional. If you want to change that, stop pre-ordering games; don't buy a game until the code is complete.

#1063 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

As long as you guys pre-order machines with incomplete code, it's y'alls fault. Stern is just a company, out to make money. Right now they make more money focusing on new games than making older games more functional. If you want to change that, stop pre-ordering games; don't buy a game until the code is complete.

New Years Resolution. No more buying games with incomplete code.

#1064 10 years ago

Derek loves pinball and had a good source. Sadly it did not turn out. All we do is speculate anyway. This would be minimal if Stern communicated with us. We'd be talking about what might be in the code instead

#1065 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

By the way I know I'm not necessarily any better, having bought WOZ with incomplete code. I'm taking a chance that it will be finished. If it isn't, ultimately it will be my fault. I'm hopeful that in the case of WOZ, we will see more attention paid towards finishing/polishing code. Time will tell.

#1066 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

By the way I know I'm not necessarily any better, having bought WOZ with incomplete code. I'm taking a chance that it will be finished. If it isn't, ultimately it will be my fault. I'm hopeful that in the case of WOZ, we will see more attention paid towards finishing/polishing code. Time will tell.

Comparing the last 4 months there has been 4 WOZ updates to 1 Metallica. I have both so No ahold here can whine I support either more. However, JJP has been giving out updates and Stern hasn't.

Facts are: Stern's communication with their buyers is piss poor except for a select few.
I won't be complaining anymore because I won't be buying NIB anymore.

#1067 10 years ago

Well that's it guys. Lets get out of here. Try again in the new year.

#1068 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Wasn't that last years resolution?

Then you guys all spoiled it by buying Star Trek.

rd.

#1069 10 years ago

This forum would be boring without guys like Derek. I don't blame him. He is one of us and no Stern employee!
There is something wrong if we need insider leaks.

We don't know what has gone wrong. I didn't believe in an update today. But I hoped for an announcement today, and not because of Derek, I think they owe us something. There was none. One more chance missed by STERN.
John Borg's Metallica is his master piece? Lyman alway finishes his code? I wouldn't mind to wait for an update if there had been any kind of communication. But this how much love they realy put into their games.

There are things in this world that are more important. As long as we cry for updates and as long we praise them, the STERN team still think they are the best and only superstars in this hobby and can give a shit about their customers.
But the truth is, they want my money, they want our money. I can only speak for myself. They won't get it anymore in the future. And I still think STERN needs our money more than I need an update for any game they made. Good Bye STERN! I won't get fooled again.
Do you wanna now when I will buy a STERN game again?
Not SOON!

#1070 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Wasn't that last years resolution?
Then you guys all spoiled it by buying Star Trek.

rd.

Star Trek has a lot more rules than Metallica does.

#1071 10 years ago

To quote The Who: Won't get fooled again

My new Avatar:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1072 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Comparing the last 4 months there has been 4 WOZ updates to 1 Metallica. I have both so No ahold here can whine I support either more. However, JJP has been giving out updates and Stern hasn't.
Facts are: Stern's communication with their buyers is piss poor except for a select few.
I won't be complaining anymore because I won't be buying NIB anymore.

6 updates

#1073 10 years ago

Oh Sorry. Well you are a good source.

#1074 10 years ago

I am tempted to pick up a Metallica based on theme and looks, then I remember it has about the same amount of stuff to do as my Firepower 2 and I wonder why.

I don't count stuffing the ball in the snake's mouth or hitting the captive ball a million times as "things to do", seriously what the hell are those "modes" about?

They may as well be called "chopping wood" multiball or something. Or maybe "Joke's on you" multiball

So you are left with a game whose main modes are "hit sparky ~7-9 times for multiball, then work on grave marker multiball.

Yes, I realize you can do fuel, but what's the point? I then just shoot for ramps and maybe start the 250K scoring as it is a challenge to do and the left ramp on the location game I play is really mean.

Sorry, I don't know all the rules or mode names, or stacking options but as a more knowledgeable than average location player I can see why this has not had legs for casual players. Aside from sparky everything is buried to deep and is not interesting enough for a casual player to go for.

I have similar complaints for WoZ, but it has the blinky lights going for it

#1075 10 years ago

Same thing happened with ACDC. Now it's one of the most beloved games out. When the full Metallica update drops people will probably forgive and move on. No one promised it by Christmas though. Or no one who had the authority to. I recommend a little more patience.

#1076 10 years ago

If you haven't gotten to Search and Destroy that's a fun mode for sure. I have never completed it but you have to hit the lit shot first and then cash it in on the captive ball. It's sort of a timed/hurry up mode and only lasts during your current ball.

#1077 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Same thing happened with ACDC. Now it's one of the most beloved games out. When the full Metallica update drops people will probably forgive and move on. No one promised it by Christmas though. Or no one who had the authority to. I recommend a little more patience.

Sry it's not the same thing.

AC/DC:
V1.21 - February 2, 2012
V1.4 - March 22, 2012
V1.5 - April 27, 2012
V1.52 - May 30, 2012
V1.6 - Sep. 7, 2012 (The Big One!!!!)
V1.61 - Oct. 30, 2012
V1.63 - Jan. 18, 2013
V1.65 - Mar. 22, 2013
You could see progress, with 3 big steps!

Metallica:
V1.1 - June 5, 2013
V1.13 - June 10, 2013
V1.16 - June 28, 2013
V1.2 - July 31, 2013
V1.22 - August 13, 2013
Just one step, with a bit of content, rest small bugfixes.

#1078 10 years ago

What a shame no code like most I was really looking forward to an update even just a minor update anything, I have an expensive box sitting there

#1079 10 years ago

Metallica isn't going to be steps. Gonna be one big update. That's just Lyman, so it goes.

I think soon people will realize Stern has been listening, they just aren't so good at the responding part.

#1080 10 years ago

Didn't Lyman do the code on WOF?

#1081 10 years ago

Can't believe they put out ST 1.40 tonight and no MET code sorry guys!

#1083 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Why? Utterly unrelated. This Metallica by Xmas thing was always something someone made up. Code releases are good. Metallica is still coming.

#1084 10 years ago

I am hanging my stocking by the chimney with care in hopes new Metallica code will be there. Wishful thinking but it is sure to come we have been told.

Merry Christmas!

#1085 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Different teams doing different things. Don't take it personally.

#1086 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Why? Utterly unrelated. This Metallica by Xmas thing was always something someone made up. Code releases are good. Metallica is still coming.

Exactly.

And this ST update appears to be pretty minor from what I've read so far. MET got a similar small update pretty quickly too.

This is nothing new or surprising.

#1087 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Exactly.
And this ST update appears to be pretty minor from what I've read so far. MET got a similar small update pretty quickly too.
This is nothing new or surprising.

And they took away one of the best features of the LE - the attract side lights - go figure!!!!! And Merry Xmas to you Stern

#1088 10 years ago

Does any else have the feeling the delay might be because they still cant get the hammer right? Maybe its the real cause for the massive wait?

#1089 10 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Does any else have the feeling the delay might be because they still cant get the hammer right? Maybe its the real cause for the massive wait?

You might have hit the nail on the head right there.

#1090 10 years ago

Not gonna lie, kinda bummed it didn't hit before Xmas, however lets let Lyman enjoy his Holiday. I'm still staying positive it will be out before 2014.

#1091 10 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Surely not, They might never get the hammer working 100% & what about pro owners who don't have to worry about that issue?

Just a purely arrogant company that will never see another dollar from me.

#1092 10 years ago
Quoted from conserx:

Surely not, They might never get the hammer working 100% & what about pro owners who don't have to worry about that issue?
Just a purely arrogant company that will never see another dollar from me.

I disagree (about the hammer part). With the replacement magnet board my hammer is working damn good right now and imagine it will only work the same or better with the new software.

#1093 10 years ago

The replacement magnet board worked 4 days for me, not perfect but good enough. Then I got more phantom locks than before. I thought there still was something wrong with the code and blamed it on the code.
A week later I soldered two resistors to the slingshots to make them less powerfull and I thought perhaps I should look over the hammer board too, so I soldered every solder point of the board fresh with new solder.
And after that the problems stoped. I would say my replacement magnet board works now almost perfect for me. no more phantom locks and it detects the ball almost every time.

Don't know if that will help you. But perhaps you should give it a try.

If there are hammer problems, it's not the code. It works good now.

#1094 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I disagree (about the hammer part). With the replacement magnet board my hammer is working damn good right now and imagine it will only work the same or better with the new software.

I was only quoting hashman on the hammer issues. Being a pro owner I don't know much about the reliability of the hammer.

#1095 10 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

A week later I soldered two resistors to the slingshots to make them less powerfull and I thought perhaps I should look over the hammer board too, so I soldered every solder point of the board fresh with new solder.

I also like many others have done the resistor to slingshot mod to make them less powerfull.
Not a Metallica only problem though, Stern moved the slings onto 50v power starting with Rolling Stones to cut ball times.

#1096 10 years ago

Oh well at least we got V1.4 Star Trek code

#1097 10 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

That is my thinking.

#1098 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Oh well at least we got V1.4 Star Trek code

Only if you got both.

#1099 10 years ago

I would have been pissed as hell to wait 4 months if that would have been the big update for MoPLE

#1100 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

That is my thinking.

I hope that is the case...maybe, it will be worth the wait. I am hoping the hammer will work perfect(no quiver of the ball when it is magnatized), and the Crank It Up and the End of the Line modes finished.
Why even put them on the playfield if they are not going to finish them? Unlike Wheel of Fortune, Stern actually charged double for MET and put a good amount more money into it so it stands to reason...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 149.00
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 29.95
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.