image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 75.
#801 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

GRETA was an RGP era thing...it was Derek's typo for "great".

Yeah, I knew I had seen it more than just 57 posts.

#802 10 years ago

Is Santa coming?

#803 10 years ago

#804 10 years ago

He spelling it with an O Rob. Not a U.

#805 10 years ago

I wrote this in sT best games ever post

Metallica could be9one of the best ever),it really could,as you can see the potential.
Sadly I didnt wanna pay the equivalent on $10k plus(yes really welcome to Europe pricing!),for a game with potential-especially after waiting for 6 months for proper code.I dont care what Stern do,i aint buying another game until the code is released with most of the features(ST seems to have broke the mould here).
No more "blind"buying for me.i really am sick of Stern,re their lack of communication.
If I lived in the states I would even start looking into consumer laws re goods not doing what is expected to be fit for purpose-I.e a crank it up light that has a mode so it actually works,an end of the line mode as is written on the fricken playfield,James's mode where he says"has my mode started yet?"-no James it doesn't appear to exist etc etc.
I am done with all the best game ever hype,as with any pinball game,you seem to have to wait an awfull long time for what you bought to fully blossom.
I have enjoyed it in the 5 months plus it has been here,but now it is leaving a sour taste.

At least ST appears to have all the modes there,as it felt way more complete mode wise that my MOP.
ST needs more polish,and,sadly there are other games out there,WOZ and MOP for eg,that need a lot more to it.

It's all kinda like buying a car,and being told the ABS,air conditioning and turbo,will work at a later date,honest.

Oh well,rant over as my own fault for buying before seeing the state of the code,wont happen again,thats for sure

poibug

#806 10 years ago

It's coming very, very soon. I'm not gonna say an exact "day" but it's within weeks I hear or sooner

#807 10 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

He spelling it with an O Rob. Not a U.

Oh yeah, you are right. My bad.

#808 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

It's coming very, very soon. I'm not gonna say an exact "day" but it's within weeks I hear or sooner

ummm...

Quoted from mnpinball:

Around expo I heard or shortly thereafter.

You'll have to forgive me if I doubt your 'heard' information just a bit.

Also saying 'soon' and 'weeks' in this thread in the same sentence could incite a riot...

Just sayin

#809 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

ummm...

You'll have to forgive me if I doubt your 'heard' information just a bit.
Also saying 'soon' and 'weeks' in this thread in the same sentence could incite a riot...
Just sayin

Greta

Wish I could quote my Stern employee but with all do respect I can't.

#810 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Greta

borg is usually wrong =)

#811 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

"Soon"= weeks
"Very soon"= days
"Very, very soon"= hours

Choose your words carefully. I might have to create another Hitler video, and you'll be on his sh*t list!

#812 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

borg is usually wrong =)

Haven't talked to him in quite awhile. "Awhile"=month

#813 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Haven't talked to him in quite awhile. "Awhile"=month

A month is "recently" to me, just goes to show different frames of reference

And you just outed your reference! Him... that narrows it down to... all the design staff and top people at Stern. Nevermind...

Its interesting there has not bee a single female pinball designer I can think of EVER (a few homebrews maybe were completed?).

#814 10 years ago

Tired of hearing "soon". Been hearing "soon" well before Expo. I only want to hear NOW.

The game is fun but it needs a code update.

#815 10 years ago

bwhaha, you guys are still crying for an update for Metallica some four months later... good luck.

#816 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Greta

100% understood and I mean no insinuation that you should betray any trust or relationship.

Just hope I don't have to quote a bunch more stuff in a few months when the update is still coming 'soon'

#817 10 years ago

Well this is it for me. If the update isn't here by Tuesday I am done with Stern. JJP will get my money.

#818 10 years ago

Blah blah blah c'mon stern for fawks sake already. Never heard of a succesful company that doesn't communicate with its customers.

#819 10 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

bwhaha, you guys are still crying for an update for Metallica some four months later... good luck.

Hahaha, hilarious!

#820 10 years ago

I love Pizza And finished codes !

#821 10 years ago

Too cryptic?!

Just wondering if Santa Claus has instructed his elves to make sure code drops before midnight on Xmas eve

#822 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Well this is it for me. If the update isn't here by Tuesday I am done with Stern. JJP will get my money.

There won't be another JJP till 2015...and the one game they have out isn't finished either. Metallica will get a code update with all the missing features very soon. Hang in there. I know it's frustrating and Stern's "head in the sand" approach blows - but remember this is Lyman programming this game! He's been working on it very hard and wants it to be legit, fun and bug free before releasing.

#823 10 years ago

Take your time Sir Lyman. You're doing good kid. Please keep on it. It's such a lot of great work for one bloke and very very appreciated.

#824 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Take your time Sir Lyman. You're doing good kid. Please keep on it. It's such a lot of great work for one bloke and very very appreciated.

I feel sorry for Lyman. I dont know the guy, I am new to pins and love my MetLE #199. Its the faith that long time pinballers have in Lyman that keep me content, knowing that it will be even more bad ass than it already is. We have to separate the guy with the brains and the guy who will make this awesome(Lyman), from the company who he works for, Stern, which apparently doesnt give a rats ass about communicating anything to the loyal fanbase. If it takes him 6 months to make this game epic, I have absolutely no problem waiting. Not getting any information is what is the buzzkill surrounding this code release. So yes, Lyman, keep doing your thing, take your time and make this your Mona Lisa! Stern, get out of his way and let him do his thing!!

#825 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I feel sorry for Lyman. I dont know the guy, I am new to pins and love my MetLE #199. Its the faith that long time pinballers have in Lyman that keep me content, knowing that it will be even more bad ass than it already is. We have to separate the guy with the brains and the guy who will make this awesome(Lyman), from the company who he works for, Stern, which apparently doesnt give a rats ass about communicating anything to the loyal fanbase. If it takes him 6 months to make this game epic, I have absolutely no problem waiting. Not getting any information is what is the buzzkill surrounding this code release. So yes, Lyman, keep doing your thing, take your time and make this your Mona Lisa! Stern, get out of his way and let him do his thing!!

Yeah...... But is been over 6 months !

#826 10 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I am getting the feeling that STERN wants to push out the new technology next year and they all are working hard to bring games with LCD out next year. I think that's why people like Lyman and Borg won't get the time to polish the code, they are working on the new base for the next games.

But there are still guys out there that believe that Lyman is on this task for the whole time:

Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Quoted from Roostking:

So yes, Lyman, keep doing your thing, take your time and make this your Mona Lisa! Stern, get out of his way and let him do his thing!!

Sry guys, Lyman will make this a polished game. We will get our update, I only hope it will bring the gameplay were ST is now. Normaly i would be in your camp, with faith but not this time.

Please, please I can't hear that "Take your time" quote over and over again.I'm really angry!!!!!
In no way Lyman is programing for Metallica the whole 6 month. It would be great but I am sure he got other projects and Metallica is only incidental for him. It sucks big time!!!
The work we will get in the end we could and should have got month ago if STERN had focused on this game.

#827 10 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

Hey NathanP.......I got two words for you..........$&/? $&@

#828 10 years ago

talked with the one guy at IAAPA sitting with gary(gary had gone to lunch) when the code was due. i said some stuff about stern, met, ST, being some of the best games ever, blah blah blah, to try and get in cozy for info. he regarded, "before christmas". right from the horses mouth. im going to quote that either, because i pown a business and i know that sometimes schedules change. i do believe this is their target date though.

#829 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Drop one company for delivering an unfinished pin to give it to another company who shipped an unfinished pin? Good plan. Try this, don't buy until the software is finished.

#830 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Ya cause JJP is Johnny on the spot on delivering their product in a timely manner as well. Get real.

Come on Stern lets get a Christmas Metallica update!!! I'm feeling it, good vibes, good karma.

#831 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Come on Stern lets get a Christmas Metallica update!!! I'm feeling it, good vibes, good karma.

Oh and I'm vibing for my X-men update as well!

#832 10 years ago

All I want for Christmas is a Metallica update

#833 10 years ago

We should do a pool.

I say, Monday, Dec. 23rd, 2013 at 5pm CST.

Anyone wanna donate prizes?

#834 10 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

All I want for Christmas is a Metallica update

Just don't post that on sterns FB page or they will delete the hell out of it, lol.

JJP has many of the same problems with hitting delivery dates and releasing very early/weak code to start.
I am not naive enough to not see that. I actually had a WOZ preorder once upon a time and canceled because it was obvious that they were never going to hit the stated ship date at the time. The difference to me is that they are willing to have a dialogue with their audience that isn't hush hush in Facebook messages or coming from 'sources' in the company. I actually think that one half of Stern is doing a complete disservice to their in house talent. Guys like Ritchie Borg and Lyman deserve more than that.

Anyway, I'll be the optimist and say that the code is dropping today. Why not, right?

#835 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There won't be another JJP till 2015...and the one game they have out isn't finished either. Metallica will get a code update with all the missing features very soon. Hang in there. I know it's frustrating and Stern's "head in the sand" approach blows - but remember this is Lyman programming this game! He's been working on it very hard and wants it to be legit, fun and bug free before releasing.

Exactly.

Let's not cut off the nose to spite the face.

#836 10 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

We should do a pool.
I say, Monday, Dec. 23rd, 2013 at 5pm CST.
Anyone wanna donate prizes?

Well, if it is coming before xmas it will be at the very last possible moment. It may happen, who knows but if it doesn't then Feb/March.

#837 10 years ago

Metallica is my first pinball machine. I have to trust the old guard here when they say that updates will come. They seem to put a lot of trust in Lyman.

Lucky for me I have not played much pinball for 10 years so I continue to have fun with the code the way it is and improve my skills as a player. One day S&D ... one day!

Also it must be Christmas because yesterday the mystery hole gave me Light Extra Ball!

#838 10 years ago

Code is ready to ship, but the team is enjoying these threads wayyyyy to much to release. lol

#839 10 years ago

I would like an update as much as the next guy, but maybe because I went through the same thing with my only other NIB (S-M) six years ago, I'm handling this with a little more levity (Hitler video). Are most of the people screaming for an update first-time NIB owners, and this was unexpected, or are most of the people screaming for an update multiple NIB owners, and they're just sick of it? Just curious.

#840 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, if it is coming before xmas it will be at the very last possible moment. It may happen, who knows but if it doesn't then Feb/March.

Earlier.

#841 10 years ago

It's my first NIB, but I'm trying to remain positive.

Just remember what SM and BDK were like for a few YEARS before becoming the great games they are now.

#842 10 years ago

It's my third NIB. Just sick of it.

#843 10 years ago

First nib with out complete code - last nib with out complete code.

#844 10 years ago

Earlier than what? Christmas? What year?

Frayed knot.jpgFrayed knot.jpg

#845 10 years ago

Went through SM and actually more offended by WOF experience. Especially after Keith shed some light on why it was incomplete. Met and ACDC were the first NIB since and, well can't say I'm surprised that it is an issue again. What I can do it what others have suggested. Stop buying NIB until at least a year after release and still proceed with caution. The mustang pin will be interesting to watch and Iron Maiden/Pearl Jam would be tough; but I am committed to stick to my stance.

Ps. What comes first 1000th post or a code update?

Alan

#846 10 years ago

Not saying Iron Maiden/ Pearl Jam are in the works, just an example..

#847 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I would like an update as much as the next guy, but maybe because I went through the same thing with my only other NIB (S-M) six years ago, I'm handling this with a little more levity (Hitler video). Are most of the people screaming for an update first-time NIB owners, and this was unexpected, or are most of the people screaming for an update multiple NIB owners, and they're just sick of it? Just curious.

Just sick of it: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-derek-where-is-our-metallica-code-update

#848 10 years ago

What holiday event are we going to latch onto and say "There will be code before _______" once X-Mas is over? Easter is aways away.... Valentines isn't impactful enough... Man it could come true - Expo 2014?

#849 10 years ago

They did a few updates on v-day tron ac dc and another game I think. The step child at that point was x-men

#850 10 years ago

We should do another pool to see how quickly this thread dies when the new code drops. Also, how many new threads will announce the new code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 149.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.