Topic Stats

• 4,231 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 days ago by HoneyBadger
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 283 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
Z8QWR8.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#426 3 years ago

I'm convinced that the code will always be coming out "tomorrow."

#473 3 years ago

I really hope Lonnie Ropp doesn't do the code on Star Wars.

#484 3 years ago

Tomorrow, tomorrow, the code is coming tomorrow, it's only a day away.....repeat this daily.

#493 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Kiss code is dropping this Friday.. Just in time for the weekend... Yeah!!!

No offense to you, but I'll believe it when I see it.

#557 3 years ago

Tomorrow never comes.

#561 3 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Voices in my head say it's coming tomorrow!!

#568 3 years ago

Dwight is doing ghostbusters...it'll never be on the same crap level that KISS is currently on and what Star Trek was on.

#571 3 years ago

I have one question for Lonnie:

#579 3 years ago

So which will arrive first: ghostbusters LE to my house or KISS code update?

My distributor said May or June for ghostbusters.

#593 3 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Or my Ghostbusters LE in NJ before yours and the Kiss LE code

I'm in NJ too.

#601 3 years ago

They are talking May for the new code??? Give me a break.

Do we know who is coding the game? Is it still Lonnie?

I say the next game Lonnie codes, everyone should boycott.

#620 3 years ago

Please be tonight.

#627 3 years ago

Heavens on fire....YES!!!!!

#657 3 years ago

If no code today, then I'm putting my machine up for sale. My patience has completely run out.

#661 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Make sure whoever you sell it to fully understands that Stern's final code takes 2-3 years.
Do you still have the box?

No more box, but I'll have a ghostbusters box in like 6 weeks.

Star Trek had broken code, but at least there were updates along the way. KISS code...nothing but crickets.

#667 3 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Oh no you need to adjust the date on your machine , its a one day only bonus!

Seriously?

#669 3 years ago

Would've been nice if this was hinted. With GOT, they hinted to a special "mode" based on the time of day.

#671 3 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

No need, this was hinted World-Wide, you must have missed it..

Probably...I was under the knife and on a lot of pain meds right after the game was released.

#677 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

People just have to learn to accept things they themselves can't change.
There are probably a dozen people in the world who can write the code for Stern games.
If it were quick or easy, everybody would be doing it.
If it were even kinda sorta doable, hundreds of people would be doing it.

Lots of people aren't denying this.

But when one looks at KISS, they can't help but ask "what the f--- is going on?"

It's not like this game is WWE, that barely sold. KISS has sold well. Where has the support been? I think a lot of KISS owners are like me, they just want an update to the code. Everyone knows it takes at least 2 years to finish the code. I'm sure the distributors are dying for an update as well. I can't imagine them currently selling many KISS machines with the state of the code. Game was announced May 2015 and the code is still severely broken.

#682 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's the #2 earning game right now, so it's not like operators are crying for an emergency code fix.
Right this very moment, players and operators are play-testing the new code candidate(s).
It's not like Adobe where you get an instant patch update delivered to your computer when they issued flawed code (sometimes a day latter). An op has to go out, pull the game, update the code, restore all the settings, scoring, messages, pricing......if the code is flawed or has an exploit, then the op has to go back out and do it all over again.
It's not a homeowner with a single game, it's ops who have dozens of games to update - the code has to be tested and right!

I understand completely. Yesterday, Stern teased the code. Why tease it? Get that code out there.

#687 3 years ago

Glad they have all of this free time to do the hello kitty. KISS code would've brought on a lot more goodwill.

#690 3 years ago

We aren't asking for final code. We are asking for an update.

#698 3 years ago

Who was the marketing genius behind the idea of teasing the KISS code only to not release the KISS code???

Someone actually gets paid to think of an idea like this?

#703 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I am quietly waiting and have not said anything, but that picture tease was FUCKING OUT OF ORDER!

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000

#711 3 years ago

I just saw their Facebook page.

They can't be serious.

I don't remember the last time code was ever teased. They had the video with Bones on Star Trek for his speech pack. They had the picture of WWE code being worked on. But I don't remember any tease for a code release.

Broken code is all that you know,
Using up the days as you go,
I'm waking up to no code,
The codes all around aren't the codes I used to see,
Broken code still stinks in the sun,
And codes that are broken can often be one again,
No code alone,
And code really matters to me,
Take a look around.

You're out of touch,
I'm out of time,
But I'm out of my head with no new code around.

#750 3 years ago

Please be today.

#758 3 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Well Stern is legendary for having shit marketing.

Someone should be held accountable at Stern for teasing KISS code. Marketing 101: Don't troll your customers.

#760 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i really cant understand why they would have done this except that maybe the code was gonna be released friday and then something happened to delay the release. still pretty bad.

Code is instant. The tease should've hit like 10pm. Then the next day at 8pm, code is released.

Code was teased Thursday...it's now Monday and I'd be shocked if we see it today.

#768 3 years ago

Too bad Weird Al didn't own KISS...

#773 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Ha. Looking at TFLE also besides Kiss. That is a pretty fun game for me. Those are my top 2 right now. Fun game right?

I have Transformers LE. It's never leaving my collection. I love the machine.

#807 3 years ago

3 teases for KISS code...this better be a great update.

#812 3 years ago

When I mean great, I mean the code should be great.

Remember, the Titanic was the biggest ship when it left port...didn't mean it was a very good ship.

#814 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You owners have earned it...that's for damn sure.

We don't deserve the trolling Stern is doing for this code update.

Stop with the teases and just release the code.

#819 3 years ago

Not gonna happen today.

#822 3 years ago

Am I the only who thinks they will find a "bug" and then delay the code release until December?

#836 3 years ago

Still no code...Stern is screwing up so badly that it's comical. Worst part is, their marketing department doesn't even realize it.

#842 3 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I'm actually fine with how they've handled it. Judging by the code being V1.2, we should expect a substantial update. These things take time, and like Vid has always said, people should expect such things with new Stern titles.

They wouldn't tease it unless it was done...everyday they wait, that is 1 more day KISS owners must wait.

#846 3 years ago

Tomorrow...the answer is always tomorrow when it comes to the KISS code.

#863 3 years ago

Looks like no code again today.

I honestly don't think we will have it this week. 3 teases and still nothing...first tease was 6 days ago. They don't even tease this long for a release of a game.

Spider-Man VE was a 7 hour tease. GOT was a 1 day tease, then 4 day wait to see pics of the machine.

#871 3 years ago

What's the point of teasing it for this long?

Haven't KISS owners suffered enough with the code as it is?

#878 3 years ago

Will Stern surprise us today?

I think they won't.

#889 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I'm wondering if you will be singing the same song if GB codes takes more than a year to receive an update. Everyone has a breaking point.

Won't take a year. Dwight is on it. It would be an insult to the GOT launch code to compare it to the KISS launch code.

#893 3 years ago

On their Facebook page, they said that over the next few days and over the weekend, they will be play testing the new code and to hopefully release it next week.

Absolutely no reason for the teases over the past week.

#897 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

they are "play testing" it now? what a joke!! musta been correct they found a flaw and trying to get it worked out asap!!

You heard it here first. We all know who is doing the code. Watch them find one bug after another. They'll have to go back to the drawing board. In 6 months, we will finally get an update.

#898 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

At least they finally have a time frame.

Time frame + coding = disaster

#904 3 years ago
Quoted from surfsled:

KISSSSSS!! tommorow!

?????

They said hopefully next week. Key word being hopefully.

#914 3 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

Every time I think about putting money down on GB, I read this thread and my money is safe.

Dwight is doing ghostbusters. Notice how no one is complaining about the GOT code?

#919 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't get overly excited yet...don't let Stern trick you into thinking this is the norm

I have a hard time believing that Stern will instruct Dwight and Lyman to not be good at their jobs.

Like Meatloaf said, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

#927 3 years ago

They said hopefully this week.

Means we will see it in 6 months.

#929 3 years ago

Guess it won't be today.

In the words of Stone Cold, "if you want to see this code released, then give me a hell yea!"

#935 3 years ago

Jared down voted my comment that it will be here in 6 months.

We are now up to 4 teases...this is unheard of for a code update.

I really hope Lonnie redeems himself. After the Star Trek and KISS fiasco with the code, I have no intentions of ever buying another machine he codes again. Hopefully he can change my mind with this update.

#937 3 years ago
Quoted from fish1975tx:

Tomorrow the code will come out, tomorrow, tomorrow, it's only a day awayyyy...

Repeat Tuesday at 10pm...

#942 3 years ago

With a tease like that, it should be today.

#951 3 years ago

KISS has a good layout.

With good programming, it can have a great light show.

Sound is awesome.

Art is top notch.

Just needs Dwight or Lyman.

#954 3 years ago

KISS sales probably slowed a bit.

Why else all the teasing for a code update?

#957 3 years ago

IMO, it's time for Stern to put up or shut up. As of right now, 4 teases and no code.

#978 3 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

No code today.
This becomes ridiculous (10 days of messages, announcements, photos,,)

First tease was March 31st.

#1001 3 years ago

We are now up to tease #5.

#1006 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Number 6.
6 teases for something people spent 5-10k on a year ago and have been patiently waiting for a year to get out of Beta code.
Where did this guy learn to market products. The toilet store?

Stern's marketing team just doesn't get it.

If I were CEO and witnessed this, the whole marketing team would be fired.

Secondly, any new machine going forward that is coded by Lonnie is on my do not buy list. He got me with Star Trek and KISS. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

#1031 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Today could be the day; hopefully the code update is epic

It won't be. That would be too easy.

It's to the point where I feel like I'm being mocked for buying a Lonnie coded game.

#1035 3 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

[Personal attack removed by moderator] after the smoking they got over code in this months gameroom magazine. They are losing out on new pin orders and don't even realize it and then tease people about it. It's a recipe for disaster.

Can you elaborate on the article? Was the focus on Lonnie, Dwight and Lyman? Was it just one of them?

#1038 3 years ago
Quoted from Tigger64:

I agree and would add: are they giving them enough time to program, code and design games?
I get the impression they just don't have enough people to do this many games a year. It looks like they are having trouble working on the next game(s) and still have time to go back and finish the previous ones.

Doesn't seem like Lyman and Dwight are having problems getting their codes updated.

#1045 3 years ago

Why use a non makeup pic...the whole machine is based on them being in makeup.

Looks like the code is not happening today.

#1051 3 years ago

I'm not worried about Ghostbusters code...Dwight is on it.

#1056 3 years ago

Ever go to a restaurant, put your order in, 4 hours later you're still sitting there waiting for your food order...during those 4 hours, other patrons have come and gone, but you're still sitting there waiting?

Just replace food with code.

#1059 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I've never seen that happen.
-
I did once go to a restaurant where the power failed before the main course. The waiter brought us a bill - for our salads!
Seemed super petty.

Happened to me when I went to England back in 2000.

On my way to their museum with the Prime Meridian Line (Can't remember museum name). On way there, I stopped at a pub for Fish & Chips. Waiter kept coming over to tell me that my food will be right out. Took them 2 hours before I saw my food. I lost count of how many people walked in and left.

#1063 3 years ago

Stern is going to need to make some changes.

I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one boycotting future games that have Lonnie on code.

#1071 3 years ago

I swear, I think there is an internal bet at Stern to see how mad they can make their customers.

This game needed a code update back in December/January to add a few things and fix a couple bugs. We are now in April and Stern decided that it would be a good idea to tease the code release for 2 weeks.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'd much rather Stern not said anything. All this teasing over the last 2 weeks has just caused my blood to boil.

#1074 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

In contract to your approach, I do feel more and more like we're being set up for a big let down. Like we're going to get a regular 2 month update with a new song added in and that's... it.

This has Episode 1 written all over it.
The Phantom Code

#1082 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I'd WAY prefer this over absolute silence for 9 months. I say kudos to them.
It's coming, it's coming soon (less than a month).
It's pinball code man.
Cmon. Perspective.

The way they did WWE and Star Trek is the way to go. They let everyone know it was being worked on. Not 6 teases in a 2 week period.

#1089 3 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

My lawn guy came over and mowed 1/4 of my lawn and told me he'd be back in 3 months, his lawn service is "Stern Landscaping LLC". But hey, I have a sweet looking limited edition lawn, so it's all good.

This post had me cracking up!!!!

Brilliant!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#1090 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

It is. But out of those four 3 have great code, and one doesn't. Can we guess which is the machine coded by Ropp. [Inflammatory remark removed by moderator]. I'm pissed with this guy if it's not noticeable. Mainly for taking one of the best Richie flowing games ever (st) and ballsing it up. But he's done it again. Ffs stern sort this twit out.

Edit your post before it gets moderated. Not that I don't agree with everything you wrote.

#1098 3 years ago
Quoted from RobOOZE:

10112_(resized).jpeg

I wish I could give you a million thumbs up!!! It had me cracking up.

#1101 3 years ago

Will today finally be the day?

#1106 3 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Can't wait for the Stern tease on facebook today... it's going to be so funny! I love it when they build my hopes up and leave me hanging with a big F/U!!

Would the response to the picture be considered another tease?

#1109 3 years ago

Look who's coding the game...hopefully means 6 months.

#1110 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

You know your doing it right when you show people on Sterns Facebook page how to fix their machines and you get banned.

GOT orbit fix or was it something else?

#1116 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

In the ROM for the game there is audio for GENE counting down from 10. So hopefully that makes it in and there is an objective with a timer. Maybe some find of wizard/mini wizard that isn't just a normal multiball

Maybe that countdown is for the code release. I thought I heard Gene say 10 two months ago. Still waiting on 9.

#1124 3 years ago

With all of these ideas being thrown around, they should remove Lonnie from the project and put you guys on it.

The ideas are all top notch.

#1129 3 years ago

The KISS machine picture asking for code got taken down on Stern's Facebook page.

And yet another day of no code.

#1132 3 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I have a bit of a feeling that beta testers on this code reported back an "X-men Christmas Eve Release" debacle and Lonnie (and probably Lyman) have been busting butt to get areas fixed for this release.
This is the most likely scenario in my mind.

I wasn't around for that X-Men debacle...can you fill me in on what exactly happened?

If I had to guess, Lonnie released broken code...what a shocker.

#1139 3 years ago

Stern is keeping this code launch closer to their chest. I'm telling you, everyone at Stern walked out of a meeting three weeks ago with the marketing team being told to start teasing the code and the programming team sharing code with very locked down beta sites.
The marketing team started posting Facebook pictures and people started getting excited.
THEN, the reports started coming in. Code is blah....game is unbalanced....annoying callouts....etc.
Now, the marketing team is bearing the brunt and the programming staff is working their butts off to get it right.
I have confidence in Stern. This scenario is what I think is happening.

If that is true, then someone (you know who) should at the very least give us an update on this thread.

#1141 3 years ago

This scenario is what I think is happening.

He didn't make it up. It was his opinion.

#1144 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I say we have some fun with the waiting, and bet on the over/under of the release.

Specific days? Months?

I'm saying May 3rd is the earliest we will see it.

#1156 3 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

TAX DAY CODE RELEASE!!!! I am going with 10am in the morning

Tax day is April 18 this year.

#1177 3 years ago

Anyone else think that Stern read the code ideas in this thread and are just thinking to themselves "Oh crap".

#1191 3 years ago

First tease was March 31...it is now April 15 and nothing.

Which begs the obvious question, when Stern says "soon", what timeframe are they using?

#1213 3 years ago

I think the real slap in the face has been the 7 teases over the last 15 days.

Absolutely no reason to get our hopes up, then squash them, only to get them up again...just to squash them again.

#1220 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

It's a shame that it seems like we need to pick and choose which pins we should buy based on software lead.

I'm not buying another Lonnie game (unless it's Star Wars).

Between the Star Trek and KISS codes...I'm completely done with him.

#1223 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. The sickness is real. What if the code sucks and takes forever to make it right?

It could be a whiteboard, that is codeless, with a picture of the millennium falcon on the side and I'll think it's the greatest machine of all time.

#1227 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I better not be wearing my KISS Dynasty tour shirt for nothing today...

Stern can't be stupid enough to not release the code today after that post on Facebook today.

#1229 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Yep. I 100 % agree. Lonnie needs to be on a team. Code from just Lonnie has been bad.

The backup qb did a great job when the Jets won Super Bowl III.

#1235 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Hopefully they toss it online right before they walk out the door for the weekend.

They better.

This is getting absurd.

#1262 3 years ago

Does anyone at Stern know what following phrase means: "the show is about to begin."?

#1265 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

This could be the longest April Fool's joke ever.

At this point, it's the only thing that makes sense.

What they are doing is just cruel.

#1267 3 years ago

When is the Hitler video coming out?

#1270 3 years ago

OMG!!!!!!!! Stop playing games and release the code. They found bugs and need the ORKIN man?!?!?!?!?!

This is what I have to say about that: <removed by user to help the mods> Stern!!!!!!

#1276 3 years ago
Quoted from dracula40:

Fuck Stern !!!!!

I want to up vote this post a million times.

#1278 3 years ago
Quoted from RobOOZE:

I just posted this comment on Stern's page.
I'm very unhappy with this whole situation with this game. I turned down two people this week that wanted to buy it, because I was hoping this code would change my mind. Also I'm ready to cancel my Ghostbusters pre-order. This is ridiculous.

Your comment is spot on. I don't think Gary knows how pissed off everyone is because Jared deletes all the honest comments...like the one he just deleted where the guy said he spent 12k and won't buy another new Stern.

#1289 3 years ago

Honest update? This is total crap.

I'm done with any game Lonnie is lead code.

Some of the employees are so lucky I'm not in charge. The whole marketing team and Lonnie would be fired over this.

All KISS owners have been waiting patiently for an update. This is utterly ridiculous.

There's a few choice words I would like I use, but the mods would have no choice but to delete them.

#1291 3 years ago

I'm ready to drive to Chicago and leave my KISS LE at Stern's front door.

What has 2 thumbs and hates Lonnie & Stern's marketing department?

THIS GUY!

#1292 3 years ago

If Stern is so against releasing code with bugs, how to they explain the current KISS code?

#1313 3 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Dude chill, as vid any many others have said it takes years to have complete code. If you dont like how stern is doing business quit buying. Your tune and song is quite old at this point we get your view. Lonnie is doing his best and i know he will finnish this pin. Obviously your still a pin noob or just dont get it.

At no point have I or others have asked for complete code by now. KISS is still on the "launch" code. Let's face it, they launched the machine while it was still in Beta. They have been constantly teasing this new code since March 31st. April 15th is almost over. There will be no code on the 16th or 17th. If I wanted broken promises, I would've bought the Hobbit. Code 1.05 is a joke, all it did was add the topper to the code. We are still on 1.04...That's 8 months without an update.

What's the point of putting out a Facebook post telling us to to take our seats because the show is about to begin? I've now lost count of all the teases.

#1314 3 years ago
Quoted from cards25:

How many more times are you going to say this? We get it, you're pissed about the code not being released. It's no secret that it takes approx 2 years for code to be complete. Did you think KISS would be any different?

Again, what is with the complete code crap that everyone keeps spewing.

KISS owners are looking for an update. There's not 1 game I can think of that had complete code on the 1st update.

#1315 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

What's Orkin man?

men-in-black-1997-01-g_(resized).jpg

#1321 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Guys, they are fixing the code. Would you rather have buggy crap and not be able to play the game?

Then why 2 weeks of nonstop teasing for a code that wasn't ready?

#1344 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Paul Stanly, John 5 and Slash are on it

j5_and_toronto_(resized).jpg

#1357 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

more accurately, they delete even posts with any feedback. In general if a comment is anything less than glowing it disappears in under 2 minutes.

Stern may stink at getting the KISS code out, but at least we know Jared is fast with the delete button.

Who says Stern can't do anything quickly?

#1363 3 years ago

What's tomorrow's tease gonna be?

I'm guessing a picture of Gene putting on his makeup with the caption saying "get ready."

With no code being released.

#1372 3 years ago

I just hope the next KISS related post from Stern is "Game code 1.2 is now live!"

No more teases. Just the release.

#1375 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Could be 1.21 with the bud fixes.

1.21? LOL

Time for a new guessing game. What will the actual code version be on release?

#1380 3 years ago

Bluetooth headphone?

IMO, that would be the way to go.

#1383 3 years ago

Am I the only one who thinks today won't be the day?

#1386 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

My guess, before the end of the month.

This month? Or like July?

#1391 3 years ago

I just got my Paul McCartney tickets...only thing to complete the day would be KISS code.

#1394 3 years ago

Day 19 since the first tease?

In the ghostbusters thread, some people are saying that LEs will be shipping in a couple weeks.

So what will I get first, KISS update or ghostbusters LE?

And in a few more weeks, it will be exactly 1 year since KISS was announced...and we still are on pretty much launch code.

#1396 3 years ago

Unknown-9_(resized).jpeg

Unknown-8_(resized).jpeg

#1397 3 years ago

Little surprising there was no tease/update yesterday.

I wonder what today will bring.

Does anyone think Stern realizes they now have created a situation where people will not purchase a game strictly based on who the programmer is.

#1404 3 years ago

You might be out of warranty when that happens, by the time you fix all your warranty issues like decals falling off, cracked ramps, blown node boards and a few more other issues you wil be ready for the update. Heck a pin side member on here had to send his entire machine back, just sayin. At least by the time I get back from deployment they will most likely have worked out the bugs of the next code release lol

The next code release? They can't even get this code released.

I wish Stern would hire me as a consultant...I just want to ask Lonnie the following..."what would you say you do around here?"

I know we are not allowed to bad mouth people on the forums, but all I can say is the pre-Dwight Star Trek code, the current KISS code and the inability to release the KISS update speaks volumes.

#1413 3 years ago

Pretty soon all the KISS owners will be banned from the Stern Facebook page.

#1417 3 years ago

So asking when the new code is coming and if they are going to fix the left orbit issue on GOT is negative? That's what got me banned. You must be the most happiest person on the planet, I sure could use some of that koolaid you are drinking right now considering where I am at.

Steve Ritchie interview on Facebook, he said they were working on an orbit fix. And on their Facebook, they said KISS was being worked.

How can someone get banned for repeating what Stern puts on their Facebook page?

#1424 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Wow man. Enough with the personal attacks.
Talk about coming off as a spoiled baby.
Lonnie Ropp is an employee. He does what his bosses tell him to do. He's not sitting in his office plotting to piss off some self entitled Pinside jerks.
According to IPDB, Ropp has programmed 89 pinball titles. Whats your pinball legacy?
rd

I own 3 of the titles he was lead on. Transformers came out fine. Star Trek LE NIB, that even Steve Ritchie in an interview said was broken (this was after several updates) and Dwight fixed the code. Now look at the KISS code fiasco.

I've purchased several expensive LEs...2 of them experienced broken code...those 2 have 1 thing in common...

Glad I'm not allowed to have an opinion on the matter.

#1436 3 years ago

How long does it take to program bugs out of the code?

Note: My ability to code consists of hitting the download button.

#1444 3 years ago

Arachnophobia-4_(resized).jpg

#1445 3 years ago

the-only-good-bug-detail_13040_(resized).jpg

do-your-part_(resized).jpg

#1451 3 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Its 4/20, someone somewhere must be happy....LOL.

?

Anyone want to fill me in on this?

#1461 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Try it. It may make you relax a bit about pinball code!

LOL

After I graduated college, I traveled through Europe for 2 months.

The typical conversation when I got back:

Person A - "go to Amsterdam?"
Me - "yes"
A - "smoke any pot?"
Me - "no"
A - "why not?"
Me - "I'm not a hippie"
A - "you really need to learn how to loosen up"

#1462 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yeah, somehow I think you would not fit in....

4202016OHjpg_(resized).jpg

+1,000,000,000,000

#1464 3 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

This thread is ridiculous.

If Stern would release the code, we would talk about that. Instead, we're talking about.....I don't what we're talking about.

4/20 for me is when my first quarter sales tax is due.

#1482 3 years ago

Here is my official prediction: Ghostbusters LE will be up and running in my house before the new KISS code drops.

#1496 3 years ago

While we are waiting for the code, what games has everyone been playing?

The past 2 weeks, I've put a ton of time in on Batman Forever and Spidey VE.

#1504 3 years ago

I find my best stress relief comes from the gym and pinball.

#1510 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

GPL? Hahahahahaha

It's so sad that I actually get the reference....

51LFI2AXD9L._SX425__(resized).jpg

#1513 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I blame my wife. She got me to watch that nonsense when we first started dating. I will never forgive her. haha

That nonsense took place where I spent a lot of my time from 17 - 22.

Point Pleasant and Seaside is where all the local arcades were located in the late 90's.

#1520 3 years ago

I can't figure out how they found bugs at the last minute. It was explained on here that certain people have been play testing the code for a while...before Stern started teasing the code.

#1602 3 years ago

Mine read 1.06 GB.

3 weeks later
#1654 3 years ago

Anyone having problem with the demon ball lock? On the previous code, mine worked great. Now, it struggles to get the 3rd ball up there. I increased the power to 64 and still did nothing. Granted, I could've had this problem from the start, but the lack of me playing it on the old code, could've mean it never reared its ugly head.

#1657 3 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

I've found that changing the setting to 64 is too strong. The ball goes up so hard that it hits the top and bounces right back down. I've got mine set somewhere in the middle near the default and it works great. Maybe you could start making incremental adjustments down from 64 until you hit a value that works. Of course if yours isn't kicking the ball up at all there must be something else wrong. Good luck!

It's kicking it up, just falls right back down. Balls 1 & 2 works great.

#1661 3 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Maybe it's hitting that second ball and bouncing back down? Have you tried adjusting the strength down in small increments? I know that is probably difficult to test.

Yep, got it to work. I lowered the strength from 32 down to 24. Works every time now. I hope in the next update, they rename the setting. What looks like the VUK, is actually the ball eject from the mouth. And what looks like the ball eject from the mouth, is actually the VUK.

As I was testing it, I could see the first locked ball move around when the 3rd one would shoot up on 32 power. At 24, that first ball barely moves. I just need to remind myself to adjust this with all future updates.

#1663 3 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Lowered what down ball eject? Mine was fine before the update.

The "ball eject" is actually the VUK. At setting 32, the 3rd ball would always bounce back. At 24, it doesn't.

#1665 3 years ago

I made an adjustment on the Demon VUK. I took the assembly off underneath (5 screws). On the bottom left screw, I put 2 washers. On the middle left screw I put 1 washer and the bottom right screw I put 1 washer. The washers go underneath the assembly. All I'm trying to do is target the ball to the rear of trough and away from the lip. Then I set the power to around 26-28. The balls stay up there every time now and makes it up every time.

2 weeks later
#1683 3 years ago

That's got to be tough to colorize the live action dots.

Update on my machine. To make room for Ghostbusters LE, I had to move the machine to a friend's house. Once I buy a bigger place, I will take it back. Hopefully by then, the code will be close to complete.

2 months later
#1782 3 years ago

I've been the biggest critic of the KISS code, but if it is 100% true that Lyman has taken the lead on coding this game, then my attitude is more or less is that whenever it comes out, it comes out.

Just look at the last Metallica update. No one saw that coming.

In Lyman and Dwight I trust.

#1808 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Did you guys see the post by JJ at Game Exchange??? He says he has 10 NIB LE's for sale and is offering them at $500 off the original price! The value of this game will continue to drop, code update or not. I am a huge Kiss fan since the age of 8 and I have yet to buy one..........Stern f'cked this one up big time! So sad

Stern really let the distributors down with this title. KISS, great art work, great sound, nice layout, but terrible code support, IMO, the code just killed the sales of this game.

Did anyone think that distributors would still have KISS LE in stock one year later? I thought the only ones that wouldn't sell were the overpriced ones from the KISS merchandise shop.

Due to Star Trek and KISS, going forward, I'm only buying games coded by Lyman or Dwight.

#1819 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Every time I play I tell myself I'm gonna take my scoop Cliffy off. I get way too many rejects. I've had to remove it 2x already to pound it out straight. The other day one of the side metal flaps that fits inside broke off and was laying inside the cabinet.

Do you have the newer design?

I had the original design for the scoop and it was impossible to make the shot. With the new design, it plays a lot better. That scoop should've been designed to be a hair wider.

#1823 2 years ago

Newer design? Every KISS Cliffy I've seen looks the same.

The newer design doesn't have a 90 drop on the edges. It has a 45 degree drop, which matches the playfield. The original design was extremely difficult to make with a backhand. With the newer design, I can consistently make the shot with a backhand.

I just ordered another KISS scoop protector (;et's face it, that shot takes a beating). When it comes in, I will post a picture of it.

#1827 2 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

a friend of mine went through the settings and found that there is a lot in the game that most dont reach because the factory settings are set very high. maybe dropping those setting to a more achievable level will make the game more fun for the time being.

The problem KISS has, is what is there in the game to do? As of now, it's playing for the 3 multi balls. Compare completing songs to Metallica and AC/DC.

Compare that with GOT, when completing houses gets you to Hand of the King, then completing more gets you to the Iron Throne. Star Trek, you play to get to the 5 year mission (other objectives along the way too).

I really hope Lyman gets the code right. It will do wonders for this machine.

#1840 2 years ago

JJ advertised $500 off on NIB KISS LE. You won't have to worry about sales tax either.

#1843 2 years ago

I remember when Star Trek LE could be bought in the 6's...then Dwight fixed the code.

1 month later
#1936 2 years ago

If they want to really steal the thunder at expo, nothing would be better than the batman reveal plus several code updates.

1 week later
#1983 2 years ago

I'm shocked there wasn't a code update for this at expo.

#1988 2 years ago
Quoted from Sborel:

i asked about KISS code at Stern tour, i was told Lonnie is going to work on it....

Did they tell you which decade?

#1990 2 years ago

So which will we see first, the next KISS update or the Aerosmith reveal in January?

1 week later
#2027 2 years ago

Imagine what it would be like if they didn't bring Dwight back...

#2031 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Lonnie is on the code, it will be years.

Here's the sad thing...what games is Lonnie working on? Is it just KISS?

#2036 2 years ago

Shouldn't they start teasing the code right about now for a 2019 release?

3 weeks later
#2132 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I don't think code translates into sales. People are pre-ordering games based on theme. Unfortunately, theme trumps everything. Just look at the initial negative reaction to Dialed In and the positive reaction to Ghostbusters. Ghostbusters is a game with a lot of flaws that will never be fixed by code. Every review and podcast laments about how terribly unfair the drains are, how the outlanes suck, the flipper gap sucks, the airballs suck, and most shots are brutal if you're off by a millimeter. I've played it a lot but I find it frustrating for a player of average ability. In my opinion, KISS is way more fun in its current form.
But that damn Ghostbusters "hand drawn art, would you just look at the hand drawn art. Oh my frickin Gawd. I think I'm going to pee myself! Best game ever! Best game ever!" I think a lot of Pinsiders must be bipolar.
I think the video is very clear. He said "big code update" for KISS. It confirms what I heard from a distributor in Chicago that visited the factory and spoke with Lyman. We ARE going to get a code drop. Who knows when... could be 2017 for all we know. Can we at least be a little thankful that Stern still has KISS on the radar?
Happy Thanksgiving

Just look at Star Trek with the code. Before the last update, LEs could be had for low 6's. After the update, it jumped to the 8's.

I know of 1 person who bought a NIB premium after playing my machine after the last update. I had to convince him to play my machine on the new code.

1 week later
#2145 2 years ago

The code is somewhere in the back of Lonnie's mind.

#2159 2 years ago

Wow has this been confirmed? If so, Aerosmith is f**kin doomed.

I will never touch an Aerosmith machine with Lonnie on code.

I hope Stern realizes that Lonnie will be the kiss of death to the next machine he codes.

#2162 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I think the Aerosmith theme will be the kiss of death

Aerosmith is one of the best selling bands of all time.

2 weeks later
#2250 2 years ago

I have a Batman LE arriving soon. I can live with .6 code for now, because it's Lyman.

What games is Lonnie currently working on?

Dwight had solid code on the releases of Game of Thrones and Ghostbusters.

1 week later
#2280 2 years ago

Aerosmith is KISS. Same sounds, looks like same rules. Layout is practically identical.

#2286 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Yep. Wasn't much design work done on the shots for Aerosmith, for sure. Took a KISS and essentially did a slightly more robust Shrek on it.

I can't get over that it has the exact same modes, with pretty much the exact same shots, with the exact same sounds.

Some like to say that Star Trek and Spider-Man are similar. I can't think of 1 shared sound or mode.

#2290 2 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I can't believe how similar it is. It's like they took out the star child area and put the jester lock in there and then added a mini playfield up the love gun ramp. It's crazy. It's like the same freak'n game.

Don't forget, the Gene head now shoots the ball at the jester box instead of straight down the middle.

#2308 2 years ago

Are there any other recent stern games that use the same sounds?

1 week later
#2321 2 years ago