Topic Stats

• 4,231 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by HoneyBadger
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 283 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
Z8QWR8.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Just a kind and simple reminder.
Code updates do not fix game mechanical design problems.
Temper your expectations.

Only issues I have with mine are code related. I still walk up to this beauty every time I play with a plan to do something better than I did last time. Do I love the code as is? No way. It needs fixing. But can I beat it now? Also no way. Anything mechanically wrong? Again, no way. This baby gonna rock when the code drops.

2 months later
#702 3 years ago

I am quietly waiting and have not said anything, but that picture tease was FUCKING OUT OF ORDER!

If I AM being reasonable, and I AM being patient, and I DO understand it takes a while, then DON'T rub my freaking nose in it.

#752 3 years ago

A prayer to Stern.

Our Father,
In Elk Grove Village,
Gary be thy name,
Thy code must come,
Is Lonnie done,
Or is Kiss doomed to pinball Heaven
Give us this day our outlane sounds,
And give us colossal bonus,
As we forgive drains that go straight down the middle,
And lead us not into random awards,
But deliver use for cities,
For next is the starchild, put power in the kickout,
For ever and ever
We wait

#788 3 years ago

Ok, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they can't possibly be so cruel/insensitive/stupid/blind as to post ANOTHER photo tease so soon after the first and not be following through soon. I'm switching to EXCITEMEMT mode!! Here it comes baby!! Lick it up!!!

#826 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Stop bullshitting and spreading rumours. How would you know that unless you work for stern and have broken your employment agreement

Wakky, you gotta get some new material.

#1072 3 years ago

In my usual glass-half-full approach to life, I'm running with the idea that there is no way they could hype it this much unless it is the biggest reworking in Stern code history. Lyman was brought on board, risk/reward will be taken to a place we haven't even imagined yet, and the change log will be five pages long. So, the danger is of course that it is not up to these heightened expectations and then I will have to throw my toys out of the cot. Why am I typing...

#1170 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So my question.....if code release is awesome, will this machine be viable for a keeper? I keep going on and off the fence to pursue an LE ( think the game " looks" killer, but haven't got to play one yet). Sort of thinking about a "f**k it, let's just have fun" machine, doesn't it fit the bill?

There's something about the layout that is keeping it super interesting to me regardless of the code. I fkin hate the music. But the art is great and the variety of the shot difficulty is awesome. If the code rocks then it could be a classic.

#1183 3 years ago

If the code drops today I'll be stunned.

#1185 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I'll be stunned if both of you are wrong.

Pretty sure I'm 100% right..I'll definitely be stunned.

#1323 3 years ago

I'm just happy they started using words instead of pictures. Language developed for a reason.

2 weeks later
#1634 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

I wait ages for new code then 6 games into new code game resets Spoke to distributor he's saying it's the SD card

Funny, mine did exactly the same thing. Turned out node 8 had blown coincidentally so wasn't the code update....or was it? Are your node boards functioning properly?

3 months later
#1790 3 years ago

I am playing KISS more than any other machine at the moment and absolutely loving it. The reason is I swapped out all the music. If you are uninspired by the code, then I strongly suggest putting some of your absolute favorite songs (any band) in there in place of all the stock tracks. This allows you to really enjoy the time you are in front of the machine, and has made me really explore all that the code offers at this point. Yes, it's MB over and over again, but progress through this machine is what pays off. Get the army hurry up to 16m a hit and man it starts to get fun. Layout and shots are still top class, and there are plenty of things to challenge you, even if the strategy is one big flatline.

1 week later
#1820 3 years ago

I find backhanding the scoop five times more successful than using the right flipper. A scoop shot for me is always a pass over to the left flipper first. Even with the Cliffy, the backhand is ok in terms of rejects. So, Cliffy installed = backhand only = no frustration with rejects.

#1838 3 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I have an oppurtunity to buy An LE. Within first two hundred #s
And 400 and after! I'm looking for an honest helpful answer here on what numbers souls I lean to for maybe less issues if any at all .

I don't think the numbers are necessarily reflective of build order.

1 month later
#1914 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Codes dropping soon...
Just heard

Quoted from Wakky:

You can only know that if your a Stern employee ... are you? If not dont just put down statements guessing.. anyone can say what you said ...

Good grief

1 week later
#1970 3 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I'm surprised with pinball browser being able to swap the music that someone isn't out there altering code. They probably know Stern would put out a C&D pretty quickly.

Pinball browser allows you to change the assets that are called by the code. The code itself is not actually tampered with. And being a binary, I'm pretty sure it can't be. Unfortunately. (Although I'm sure some nerd will yell, "yes, it can!!")

2 months later
#2209 2 years ago

I sat through the dark days of the Metallica wait, and KISS is nowhere near as bad as met was before its big update.

2 weeks later
#2274 2 years ago

I just found it. It's called Aerosmith.

#2305 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow. Just another form of cost cutting and way to increase profits. Same thing can be said about taking some sounds from KISS.

You've been around as long as you have and are impressed by this? Like RD said, put this on any fan layout. Good grief.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Haverhill, MA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside