F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Yep, that's why most distributors have a 60 to 90 day wait right now for Kiss pros. Lol.

Well it seems they have this wait for all games at the moment

1 week later
#230 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Couldn't disagree with you more. The design & flow is absolutely killer. SDTM is an easily fixed. Only downside for me at this point is the code.

It just came to me this weekend, but I don't like the kiss layout. I have never really been against the game until I sat back and thought, there just aren't a lot of "fun" or "rewarding" shots on the game.
Lower half of the PF is dominated by stand up banks which aren't exciting, and a rarely used scoop.
I don't like Lawlor shots so left loop isn't great, Ace shot is cool, but that area isn't that interesting. Middle ramp is nice, Gene's head is kind of lame and has it's own set of issues, right ramp is a little too far back and right loop is...well it's all just kind of "blah" to me.
Code doesn't bother me that much...but the layout just bores me. Of course that's juts me and it didn't dawn on me till now after playing it a bunch.

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

are you related to gary stern?
fact, i paid 7600 for stern kiss le with beta code
fact, 8 mos later and no code update
fact, get me my new code (in time) and I will be a happy returning customer.
fact, at this point I will never buy another nib stern.

That's just the way Stern works...this shouldn't be new to you as you own a Tron & MET, both taking over 1 year to complete code.

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

...but at the end of the day, right or wrong, I expect more from the company that I've given a great deal of my money to over the past few years.

I hear you....and at the end of the day I do not. Why? Because they keep doing it again and again, and people here seem to think it's going to magically change.

#262 8 years ago

And with all due respect...it will never change when people like yourself just accept it and don't demand more.

Correct, and also with all due respect, I lobby by not spending my monies on games that are horribly unfinished.
I bought MET after A YEAR when they finally implemented CIU. GOT is way ahead of the game, and worth the risk to me, and their most completed game I can remember.

What gets their goat more? Me not spending monies until it's done, or a bunch of people complaining (on Pinside no less) aboot the monies they already spent.

I hear you man, I would be pissed too, and might end up being with GOT, but to not expect it I'll never understand.

2 weeks later
#325 8 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I still say I have never seen a worse feature in any pinball than the Gene head.

Go take a look at your Demo Man claw when you have a chance.

#336 8 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

My Gene head doesn't drain, SDTM.....Though I heard some have...sounds liked an oopsie, but I thought they fixed it with a ball save time specifically for the Gene head??

Guys don't go down this road with joekiss. It's not worth it.

1 week later
#440 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Hey Gary, Where the hell is the code to my pinball machine??!!??

he can't hear you, he's buying $16 beers with your money at a Kiss concert.

#472 8 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

What time does Stern usually post code updates?

May:June pm

#511 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

No hardly anything is closed except government offices and schools

And many of those only half a day

Quoted from Wakky:

Thats not true everythings closed today being good Friday... except for the 7 /11 s and maccas

That's great wheveer you are in the future...but Stern is in 'Merica

#515 8 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Amazing working on good friday... mexican labour ?

At Stern...for sure.

Quoted from Jaybird815:

Nope I've never had a job where I've had good Friday off, even the trade unions are all working

I get half a day at least

#517 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Damn you Michigan boys got it good

Besides the deadly drinking water and unemployment rate we do have it pretty good. Man the things we gotta do to get good pinball prices!

#520 8 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Detroit? Isnt that where the biggest and badest Pawn shop is and everyone goes nuts and gets violent over pity things? Looks like a hell hole ...scary stuff ! eg Hardcore pawn shop American Jewellery and loan...

Well that is a TV show...so it's fake. Detroit is much much worse than that in places.

I live in Ann Arbor...which isn't really very Michiagan-ish other than speaking nasely and calling soft drinks "pop."

#559 8 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Today is code day!!!!! Please drop that code Stern!

Congrats!

#587 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Another case in point: Stern Star Trek. I don't know Star Trek, I don't care about Star Trek, but that game is a very well designed table. So much better in so many ways than TWD or KISS, if we are being honest.

Because it's proven table design and old hat really. Kiss/TWD are pretty unique from my thinking and that can have a lot to do with it. There are certain(t)ly things I don't like on both layouts though.

Quoted from BeaglePuss:

well walker bash toy, and bicycle girl ramp, and I think you have the total package.
Edit to add: Totally forgot about the crossbow and walker bombs!

All kind of old ideas/parts really. Guess they threw in some old with the new

#609 8 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Your points are not invalid, but could be considered "opinionated".
(3) KISS has super-tight shots and some great flow...

Everything is opinion...Kiss having great flow is for sure an opinion.

#613 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

An opinion that I share.
Great flow, simple code.

As we know the idea of flow itself is completely opinionated and diff'rent to everyone...which is why I don't like to use the term. But since it was brought up, I'll put my 2 cents in for no reason.
It has 2 ramps & the Lawlor shot left orbit is a tough one, but that could start some flow.
From left to right, targets, scoop, isolated pop bumper area, genes mouth, right orbit that leads to pops, targets.
Kiss is a game I enjoy playing.

Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I stand by the fact that ST has a "safe" layout. Not a bad one, but a safe one.

That is a fact.

#615 8 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I'm a big fan of KISS, ...
With that said, I don't think the game has great flow.

And that's not a bad thing at all.

#623 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Stern FB page has a sunrise and some kiss icons (shooter knobs actually)....Is this it?????!! Is it here????!!

Those are more overpriced mods you can buy whilst you wait for code

Quoted from smokedog:

A lot of code has dropped in the past on Fridays. Maybe tomorrow morning?

Sure could be....just don't go looking at the months worth of Thursday posts asking the same thing in this thread

#636 8 years ago

So everyone is positive new code is coming tomorrow and all the talk is songs and not code? Seems strange.

#651 8 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I'm going to 'guess' here, but isn't 'flow' the ball returning directly to the flipper after completing a shot with the ability to make different shot(s) from there and repeat it several times? If this "is" true...

Flow is a made up subjective idea that is unable to be defined. Your description, for example, is just about every DMD era machine made.

#663 8 years ago

Met released April 2013
Met - V1.5 - March 6, 2014 - Added Crank it up modes

Kiss released May 2015
Looks like you're still on track

#673 8 years ago

Doesn't mean it should.

If people stopped buying them maybe it would make a diff'rence...but guess what? Another moment of their childhood got made into a game and everyone is lining up for another ride.

#678 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

He defined it perfectly. And his description does not describe every DMD game. Some games are much smoother to return to the flippers then others and reject less shots etc.

I'm glad you agree with his guess of a subjective concept (although I know nothing is subjective to you, everything is cut & dry the way you agree with it. that's fine by me)

Doesn't mean stern couldn't start releasing pins with further baked code.

I dunno. Some companies strive towards continual improvement in all aspects of their business. Even if they know that they could probably grab a few more points on their margin by not doing so.

In virtually all industries that leads to opened doors for competitors.

Stern just released GOT with awesome basically complete code

Some companies do...most I would guess don't. Everyone here has this fairytale idea of what business is, because pinball mean so much to us. So we get love letters to Gary and heard how he put the industry on his back yada yada yada...
It's not a partnership, it isn't a club, it's an abusive relationship that Gary keeps beating you and you keep lining up to forgive him....and hand him $5,000+ a clip.

#685 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Exactly. I don't think Stern has any room to make fun of the Kiss code being so late, hanging their customers out there... and then making fun of the situation? Not sure I get this marketing strategy.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I understand completely. Yesterday, Stern teased the code. Why tease it? Get that code out there.

Quoted from finnflash:

Did they tease the code or just the addition of a song?

Doesn't matter if it was just a song, that's code also, they should have known everyone whoms been dying for code would think it was an update.

Dick move.

#688 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Previous history is still no excuse. Pinball has grown since then and so have expectations of the customer base.
Rob

Was it releasing 2 sub par titles since then that interested no one that raised everyone's expectations? Or one of those titles WWE taking forever to update?
How aboot TWD which took so long people were ready to burn it as kindling?
Finally getting around to giving Avengers a polish sausage after how long?

#696 8 years ago

Being a Stern Apologist is not the same thing as being able to see a certain pattern of events repeating again and again with people not being able to break free from it.

As I've said many times. Their marketing is, at best, tone deaf.

Is no code pops up this may be the worst one...basically trolling their own customers

#699 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Someone actually gets paid to think of an idea like this?

I thought yesterday it could be an April Fools joke...well I thought that in a funny way not real. I think they will release is @ 12:01amCST.

Jesus now I'm guessing on code like everyone else in here!

#733 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Pinball is already the lowest earning game compared to Keygames, Barbercut or Galaga Assault .....

I have seen the future and it is Crossy Road...1 button, 1 life, 1 dollar. And you could play it for free on your phone
Those galagas are pretty impressive looking

cr_(resized).jpgcr_(resized).jpg

#763 8 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

It seems that the code will not be released today

Shocking.

#806 8 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Im not that familiar with TWD. Was the code update that different?
Im a big WD fan and the machine seemed to be a zombie machine. Seemed like there are no characters from the show.

Yes...people were not too happy with TWD before the last code and it seemed to have saved it.

The code didn't do anything more with the show characters.

#810 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

3 teases for KISS code...this better be a great update.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I was told it is a MAJOR rework...

WTF else would it be after 18 months?

#813 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

When I mean great, I mean the code should be great.

You owners have earned it...that's for damn sure.

#816 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Exaggerate much?

Only when making a point or moving facts around to make something more humorous.

#823 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Am I the only who thinks they will find a "bug" and then delay the code release until December?

No I 11 months is still April so it should come out then. Shit, releasing code full of bugs never stopped them before.

#827 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Wakky, you gotta get some new material.

Well he's always calling out the exact same thing so it actually makes sense.

#832 8 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

So should I get premium or LE? Doesnt seem that much diff?

PRem & LE are never that diff...they look diff and LE costs a lot more so you can feel better aboot yourself.

#835 8 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I for one do not buy le because I need to feel better about myself,I buy one if I feel the art is better and I get to play it a few weeks or months earler

Well I wouldn't expect monies to be an issue in your neck of the woods.

#853 8 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

- This is noted in the last code readme. Are the big face inserts used for this? I thought they weren't implemented yet but haven't noticed.

Yeah they work

#857 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Don't be disappointed if the code isn't out this week.

Can they still post everyday like it is going to show up though?

#860 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Did they specifically say it was coming out tomorrow?

I'm referring to the posters on this thread, not Stern

#915 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Dwight is doing ghostbusters. Notice how no one is complaining about the GOT code?

Don't get overly excited yet...don't let Stern trick you into thinking this is the norm

#964 8 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I'm glad you're somewhat happy with the layout to spend thousands of dollars on a pin that you can't stand the theme to. To me it's just silly.

Classic POV on this sight so I'll give you the classic rebuttal; Tons of great games have dumb themes, the play is what matters. I had a MEtallica and couldn't think less of them if I tired, but it's a great damn game.

#967 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Any word on code they have posted several times that is coming

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sounds like the code update is coming today.

Quoted from cooked71:

So do u guys that own both Kiss and Met think this game has the potential to be as good as Metallica once decent code drops?

Not a chance in my eyes.

#984 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sounds like the code update is coming today.

With 5 upvotes no less...you guys have been put through the ringer and I feel for you...but at some point you have to accept you bring a little bit of this shit on yourselves

#986 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

KISS does have 30 gold records, most of any American rock band. Someone's obviously listening to them besides you and your friends.

#1 - Never make the argument in selling/popularity = good. As seen with any music in the last 20 years
#2 - quoting "gold/platinum etc.." records is very spotty and diff'rent places rate them diff'rently and it's impossible to get an actual number. For example, The RIAA figures have 8 more American artist with more Gold Records than Kiss...none of them are technically a "band," but if you want to get that specific Kiss only has 26
#3 - the versions in this game are the crap re-records...using pinball browser to at least put in the originals would be cool.
#4 - C'mon...KISS is horrible.

#988 8 years ago

Their 70s Rock stuff is fine by me as I only really listen to classic rock in the car...and that stuff is fun rock music. But basically anyone that started that early and went into the 80s turned into horrible cock rock...not their fault really.
I mean put Barracuda up against any of that 80s Heart garbage it's the same thing.

#992 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Like Lester Bangs said, the ultimate test for real rock music is if white chicks can strip to it.

No thanks on the Crue angle there.

#995 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There is no way you can listen to Live Wire and not want to see a white chick on a pole:
» YouTube video

I don't think you're getting my point, I can see pole dancing to any of their music, specifically songs aboot pole dancing girls, doesn't mean it's good rock music. Crue is a joke.

#997 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

hence never being at parties with people rocking KISS.

Hoe aboot some Iron maiden parties? I hear there are tons of them in South America.

#1057 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Ever go to a restaurant, put your order in, 4 hours later you're still sitting there waiting for your food order...during those 4 hours, other patrons have come and gone, but you're still sitting there waiting?
Just replace food with code.

That is of course a horrible analogy because you don't pay for your food first.

#1061 8 years ago

I thought KISS didnt partake?

I don't think they've ever claimed not to drink...just drugs...and even that isn't all of them. Obviously Ace had his issues.

#1123 8 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Looking at the potential of this game. It makes me wonder what kind of magic could be done with these games if you open sourced the code. There is so much talent out there and the game itself could be such a great palate to make something spectacular.

Please don't think this. Stern would love to do that, fire the programmers, and all you'd get for your 7K is a blank game waiting to be updated for free on pinside

#1131 8 years ago

You guys just learning the song Detroit Rock City?

#1133 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I wasn't around for that X-Men debacle...can you fill me in on what exactly happened?

I'm guessing that's the update that made every X-men character shot trigger a Wolverine audio clip?
Ouch.

#1136 8 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Basically, the game went from being incomplete to a totally different animal with new annoying features and half baked modes. I do think that the Wolverine audio clip was part of this.

Ahh this might be the first major update then? Man if people want incomplete code they should have seen that X-men on launch...wtf.

#1145 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Specific days? Months?
I'm saying May 3rd is the earliest we will see it.

May 10th, Mothers day is the next big holiday...so probably around them.

#1148 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I'll go with tomorrow because I'm optimistic.

I've got 9:25 AM Central Time, Friday, April 15th, 2016.

I love you guys...it's like the bad news bears around here.

#1152 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

lol... this must be a sign...
... a sign alright...

Wait...I can see a vision of a big weekend coming up...hold on...it's coming to me....

gary-code_(resized).jpggary-code_(resized).jpg

#1157 8 years ago

You do realize it's "the sky" and not "this guy"...right?

Read the whole thing again slowly

#1162 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Nope.
Ezrin somehow inserted "doing" into the song and it sounds like Paul got bit on the cock.
Listen to the above tracks, you can't miss how awkward it sounds.

Yeah def not the same vocal track

#1214 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

It's a shame that it seems like we need to pick and choose which pins we should buy based on software lead.

True, you could have only 1 or 2 and wait 4 years for each game

#1218 8 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Who in the hell sits during a KISS show?!?!?!

WEll imagine you get to the show and nothing happens for say...11 months....

#1230 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The backup qb did a great job when the Jets won Super Bowl III.

True...I mean once in 50 years is ok...right?

#1250 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wait...I can see a vision of a big weekend coming up...hold on...it's coming to me....

gary-code_(resized).jpg

BLOCKHEADS!

gary-code_(resized).jpggary-code_(resized).jpg

#1269 8 years ago

Remember....you guys are still under a year...there is still weeks left in April.

So see ya next Friday

#1279 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Your comment is spot on. I don't think Gary knows how pissed off everyone is because Jared deletes all the honest comments...like the one he just deleted where the guy said he spent 12k and won't buy another new Stern.

Stop it....Gary was having his grandkids delete the facebook posts long before Jared

#1395 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

And in a few more weeks, it will be exactly 1 year since KISS was announced...and we still are on pretty much launch code.

Which means you're still on schedule

#1481 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Ok back on topic... What was the topic again?

How horrible KISS is and um...all these Charlie Browns think an update is coming this week, or next week, or the last 6 months of weeks.

#1526 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The deeper the code, the deeper the nightmare of debugging.

For sure. I played a ton of CCC, and kept running into problems that no one else did. So many possible combinations of issues, when they happen, what else is happening when they are happening...etc.

#1546 8 years ago

I didn't see it in the list, but does the update change the completely horrible layout?

I kidddddd....you poor bastards have been waiting long enough...ENJOY!!!!

kc_(resized).jpgkc_(resized).jpg

#1559 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Another update is in the works too guys

Oh well thank goodness for that should be here shortly

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.