F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoptap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1943 7 years ago

It's hard to figure Stern out at times. They go to all the trouble of designing, prototyping, sourcing parts, commissioning art and play testing a new game and then cripple it with half arsed code. Surely they realise that shit code hurts sales ?

#1945 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Well it has taken a long time for the market to change and Stern to admit that home buyers/collectors are now becoming the market share. There are some collectors that never play them and then you have others that play them and enjoy local league play with friends. When the home buyer market wakes up and quits buying games from Stern because of poor code, lack of updates or no fixes for bugs in the code only then do I see Stern addressing code as a priority. It has not stopped them from selling pins in the past. With each new title announced people keep lining up to buy.
We can't even get Stern to fix Metallica call out for coffin multiball.....you only have to lock 3 balls but the call out says "Smash 4 balls for multiball". It's sad they don't fix that. Stern tries to make you think they take pride in what they do......I have always believed if you can't do something right then don't do it at all. Good companies do everything they can to prevent defects in their products. Stern doesn't....and for the money we pay for TOYS we should demand and expect more as consumers.
Though there are new manufactures Stern still has the market share. Until someone else releases 3-5 titles a year with better quality/value and begins to gain market share only then do I see Stern addressing quality. Good things will come from competition among manufacturers.

Well said. That's why I only buy games that are established. I wouldn't want to be spending thousands on a game that is never going to have complete code.

3 weeks later
#2033 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Transformers and Avengers took acts of God to finish. Kiss will be the same. It's sad and why I will never buy another Lonnie game.

Transformers is finished ? It was improved but I wouldn't call it finished.

#2043 7 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Did they ever add dots to the Wizard mode?
BTW, I'd trade a nicely modded IM for a Kiss LE.

I've haven't got near wizard mode yet so don't know.

It's playable and a decent game but there is so much that needs polishing. There is practically no Status Screen. Surely Stern has a set Status Screen sub-routine that they can drop in each game and then tweak it as necessary ?

#2045 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Rock City is the end Wizard Mode. It's pretty much still a framework, so I'd count it as not done. KISS Army and Rock City multiball modes both really should have their own music, too.

We have crossed wires my good man. I was referring to Transformers not being finished. My fault as it is a thread about Kiss code.

1 week later
#2074 7 years ago

I like the artwork and layout of Kiss and would consider getting one but I would be bored shitless in very short order with the code as it is.

1 month later
#2180 7 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Turned this turkey on for the first time in a few months and played it. Still awful. Do these sell at all? I have a premium. Will I get raped if I decide to sell? This will be an expensive lesson. NEVER pre-order. Wait for it to be out and play it first. I also want to play the actual game I'm buying. Ive played other KISS machines and they all play better than mine.

In what way do they play better than yours ?

1 month later
#2352 7 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I'd say Pinside pissing and moaning is destroying this games reputation, not the code. Of course the code needs more polish but it still a blast to play with the current code.

Same thing with Transformers. I have one and the usual reaction is "It's not very good is it ?" Until they play it. It's amazing how many edge back over to it for 'just one more game'.

4 months later
#3101 6 years ago

I quite like Lonnie's games. Are the modes similar to Transformers ? I REALLY like Transformers by the way.

#3105 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yep, some of them are similar.
Transformers is a fun game .. the best part about it is the sounds. I put a 10" sub in my one and it shakes the house.
DEVVVVESTATORRRRRRRRRRR!!!
rd

I love Transformers. Such an underrated game. You're right, the sound is awesome.

#3106 6 years ago

Not many KISS over here in the UK. I presume the bulk of the games were sold in the US, Germany and Oz.

4 months later
#3551 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Lack of utmost respect?

A total lack of utmost disrespect.

6 months later
#3855 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The flame still burns for "God Gave Rock and Roll to You".
Hopefully Rock City Multiball Wizard Mode gets a LOT of work. For an end of game wizard mode, it's really sad. Heaven's on Fire is WAY better and way easier to get to.

Does Kiss have an equivalent to Aerosmith’s Elevator multiball ?
All shots are lit, you hit one of the shots then the elevator and that shot then is done. You have to do this for every shot to complete it.
I like that multiball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoptap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code?tu=stoptap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.