F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Stern here's a ridiculously crazy idea...if you can't release updated code for every machine in production within a 4 month time frame...HIRE MORE PEOPLE TO WRITE CODE. It's not rocket science...the lead programmer should pretty much know what he wants to accomplish with the overall code, who should be able to disseminate that information to a team of programmers. If that team is overwhelmed with any particular project...HIRE MORE PEOPLE TO WRITE CODE!

But people already bought the games, why would they put more money into an already sold product if they don't have to... :/

2 months later
#1421 7 years ago

I saw an interesting tidbit from an MGC video recently posted. Dwight Sullivan says "The KISS code's coming out soon...it is awesome...we've been waiting on the KISS license"

5 months later
#1864 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

It is a shame they don't have more frequent code updates. It is not good for business at all.

What's sad is that at this point, it doesn't seem to be hurting their business at all. Until people stop buying games before the code is complete, Stern will not change one bit on the code front.

#1873 7 years ago

Casual players will never notice the incomplete code. Collectors and anybody who has it in their house and plays repeatedly are the most affected.

2 weeks later
#1975 7 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I think the first person who has the capability and means to redo/improve code will either 1. Make a shit ton of money or 2. Be sued by Stern for some infringement/copy-write violation, which is sad and only furthers peoples frustrations toward Stern. In any case, TAKE MY MONEY!...........Crap........I hope Stern does not read this and attempt to capitalize on selling code improvements, wouldn't put it past them at this point.

If code changes are provided via a "delta" file that can be applied against the official Stern code, then there should be no legal issue. You are not providing or distributing copyrighted Stern code. You are just distributing changes to the code which do not contain original code. This is similar to how the WPC competition ROMs are released as an xdelta file that you apply to the Williams ROMs. This way Rick can't complain about it. Well he could complain, but he would have no legal basis for any action to be taken.

#1976 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I expect a disgruntled employee will eventually leak the development tools and compiler they use ... until then we can only hope.
Since it's bound to happen eventually, it would be nice if they'd release an SDK to pre-empt that, then the community could fix their shit for them. It'd probably be the best investment they ever made.

One can only hope, but Stern will NEVER release an SDK. It would be a support nightmare for them since they would have to verify what software the game is using, is it causing the issues, etc. Just won't happen :/

2 months later
#2254 7 years ago

Yes that's been posted numerous times. Until it's released, who cares?

1 month later
#2411 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

so what do we think...Nothing says valentine's day like a 'KISS'????

February 2019 changelog:
-Fixed a glitch that caused an insert to not light if you did these 3 crazy things in a row
-Fixed a typo relating to wire color codes in the diagnostic menu

1 week later
#2450 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That's fine if you think that, but until I hear something from stern that they originally intended to do something rule-based with the cities, I have no reason to believe that was their intention.

I don't care what Stern's intentions are. Does the GOT orbit "fix" suck any less because it wasn't their original intent? It is what it is, and it sucks.

2 weeks later
#2586 7 years ago

Jody is a marketing guy. Take anything he says with a grain of salt.

2 weeks later
#2661 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It's really hard not to pile on Lonnie when you look at how he left Star Trek and what's currently going on with KISS.

I am sure Lonnie himself did not "give up" on Star Trek, rather than his boss stopped allowing him time to work on it rather than new projects. Don't blame the code monkeys, blame management.

3 weeks later
#2738 7 years ago

On Stern's FB yesterday they made a post about the new Aerosmith code, and per usual someone asks when KISS is going to get the update. Stern's comment was "Not today."

Real classy Stern.

2 weeks later
#2848 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Thanks a lot Lonnie.

Don't blame Lonnie, blame Gary and Gomez.

#2850 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

My Intel is a code update coming in...
2 Weeks!

Don't even bother. Nobody will believe anything until it is officially released. KISS customers have been getting burned so long now.

1 month later
#2986 6 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Just watched the movie Why Him on the plane yesterday which is filled with KISS so I can't wait for some new code pinball action

Have you ever seen Role Models?

#3010 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Nah, Stern changes plans very last minute all the time. Things get pulled late or moved up suddenly. So many times I've been assured by someone who would know that something is going to happen and then it doesn't, but it doesn't mean that it wasn't the actual plan. Stern just shifted gears on them.

Like when Aerosmith was supposed to be the new Spike LCD launch game and "someone" thought BM66 would be a better decision very late in the game?

4 weeks later
#3152 6 years ago

I believe it was last November where Jody stated they are working on a big code update for KISS in the John's Arcade tour. Just ridiculous.

3 weeks later
#3220 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

If this is true what a joke. Being told in Stern released videos that code is being worked on and then nothing. WTF!? I'm really starting to think with the way Stern is running their business that something big is going to happen sooner than later. Increased prices, stripped down playfields, QC issues and half baked code. They're on a massive cash grab securing all these licensed titles and pumping them out faster than cheeseburgers. Their customer relations are a joke. I'm really starting to think that Gary is looking to bail in a few short years and sell. Their actions are clearly of a company not looking ahead. This is just my opinion though and I could be wrong.

They should sell to SEGA

1 week later
#3265 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Don't tease like this!

I think he even confirmed it at some point? It's happening.

1 month later
#3485 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Thst's not how ColorDMD makes its decisions. The displays they sell are the same for all titles. When a customer orders, the display is loaded with the proper software, and a royalty goes to the developer, which in most cases is a tech-saavy collector who wanted that title done. Doesn't matter to ColorDMD how popular it will be (Gilligan's Island is the latest release). ColorDMD is making money on the displays. When collectors are programming, there's no development cost to ColorDMD (except the royalty).

I thought all ColorDMDs shipped with the sigma ROM and the customer had to install the color ROM themselves?

4 months later
#3780 6 years ago

Guys I have a preview from the next SOTU update:
* KISS –KISS is still in line for a final update.

6 months later
#3993 5 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Ah, that would explain it, licence limitations. Ah well, must give Pinball Browser a go once final code's in place.

You mean today?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 12.75
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code?tu=snakesnsparklers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.