Topic Stats

• 4,231 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 days ago by HoneyBadger
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 283 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
Z8QWR8.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 3 years ago

AWOL.

mia.jpg

2 months later
#1543 3 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Glad to see new code dropped, after reading through I still see nothing about the cities, am I missing it.

Thats in 9 months time

5 months later
#2003 2 years ago
Quoted from Sborel:

I was also told they r trying to get ac/dc license again, and license for MET is good for 2 more years.

That does not surprise me. They could sell a ton more AC/DC.

Their lack of code updates is getting poor. I also thought KISS update would be released at Expo.

1 month later
#2154 2 years ago

Seems like this for KISS.

Logo_AWOL (resized).jpg

2 months later
#2481 2 years ago

I just don't get why Stern don't at least allude to a code update? Perhaps they don't want people to buy the game anymore.....

#2508 2 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Dude, if you think the game "sucks and is boring as hell" no code update will change that. Sell it and move on. I think it's a pretty solid title. Needs a few bugs taken care of, of course, but nothing is really missing and they surely aren't going to completely reinvent the game with the final update.

Does the game have high scores for each song on the leader boards like AC/DC? I think it doesn't....

This REALLY needs to be added

#2510 2 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I hope you're right. Business wise I don't see it making sense since the title is a total flop. The stern train keeps a rollin.

Well, depends if Stern are thinking long term.

People will stop buying new games if they have doubts that code will be completed, even more so with KISS due to hints/promises that it is indeed coming.

#2515 2 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

One more point is I don't think they actually promised an update. They were careful about what they said "Stay Tuned" isn't a promise of an update and neither is - "We're working on it - I know that's something the community wants".
I hope I'm wrong, but if they were going to have a polish update it would've been released by now.

Crazy really.

With all the QC issues you would think they would focus on code updates as it would make collectors way happier. Even a simple message that there will be updates on this game and others in 2017!

#2516 2 years ago

Maybe they have a cunning plan as game not yet archived.

Great code update equals a ton more games being sold and produced. This is not rocket science.....

I am on the fence buying this game - I want to but kind of depends on another update.

http://www.sternpinball.com/games

#2520 2 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I don't think this is true. Most people buy games based on theme. I think they keep updating code as long as the game is selling. Once it stops it gets abandoned, hence where we are with Kiss. Sales drive code which might drive more sales. They don't invest in writing kick ass code on a turd theme and hope it sells.

I don't think KISS is a turd theme - it is actually as much fun to play as AC/DC and MET but obviously has code deficiencies.

If the code was awesome, it would sell!

If AC/DC code had been pants, it would not have sold anything like the amount. Ditto MET.

And I only bought TWD because of that awesome code update so code updates do sell games.

#2535 2 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

No - Kiss code is pretty solid. It could use some polish but I think it's a fun game and earning decently. I wouldn't call it half baked. I don't think a code improvement would sell that many more since it's just not a popular theme.

There are new buyers lining up to fill your spot. Stern has demonstrated they just don't care. Quality is on the decline, price and sales on the incline.
Finally, It doesn't take 10 months to update the code. They're just not working on it because it's a dead title.

This all might be true.

But an awesome update WOULD sell more games as pinheads are a fickle bunch.

And NOT doing an update will impact on future sales of other titles.

They may be making hay while the sun shines but you need to be prepared for rainy days

3 weeks later
#2693 2 years ago

Yeah, hope he gets fired up to do some different things.......

ropp (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#2717 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not true. There is no proper alternative to Stern at this time - no other company puts out multiple titles a year. They seem to still own the "Actual pinball company churning out games on the reg at sane prices" market all to themselves.

True.

And I think they are selling a ton of Aerosmith pro right now as the game has gone down a storm.

#2750 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Except its far from complete (feel free to peruse the kiss code suggestion thread) and they said there was going to be a big update.

It was also said AC/DC was going to get a final update.

Also that TWD is getting one more update.

Obviously these games are great but that final polish, especially as it has been hinted, just give more confidence in Stern going forward.

KISS will probably get a final update but don't think it's going to be a big one anymore.

1 month later
#2999 2 years ago

It may all happen next week with the SW announcement....... unless they both happen today!

#3035 2 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Sorry to get everyone's hopes up. I want new KISS code too. Big announcement coming the first week of June, so I'm wondering if the new code is taking a backseat to this other thing.

You couldn't possibly mean the SW announcement that is due next week?

#3065 2 years ago

I might be getting a KISS despite this update just never ever seeming to come! And I realize it might never come....

Code is decent but it is buggy, needs polish and anything else would be excellent.

I don't get Stern.

It costs anything up to a million bucks to develop a game and yet they then don't finish the code which must be one of the least expensive parts of the process.

If KISS code had had the 'love' that AC/DC code got ( no Lyman of course ), Stern might have sold another 1000 - 2000.

Recent Stern factory tour showed KISS LE being made. Finish the code and then watch more orders coming in

#3067 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

KISS has not been on the line in a looong time. Those guys were testing code on LEs. That should tell you how poorly KISS sold. You can still find NIB LEs. Stern really has nothing to gain by updating KISS. Barring a miracle it won't be on the line again. I think they're just tired of everyone bitching about the code. If you want a well coded KISS just buy an AS.

Really?

You saying that if they finished the code and it was good, that people wouldn't then buy KISS?

They remake VE's and it is no shock that the 2 announced have finished codes that are excellent.

#3069 2 years ago

Code is everything!

Stern re-made ACDC - Lyman code.

They re-made Spiderman - Lyman code.

They will re-make Tron - Lyman code.

None of these games would be re-made if code was poor or even just average.

#3073 2 years ago

Not at all. I was referring to your comment about KISS LEs being made. No matter what they do with the code KISS will probably not be on the line anytime soon if ever again. It wasn't a good seller for Stern. It's code reputation sure isn't helping it. These machines are leaving pinheads homes and slowly finding their way into hardcore KISS fans collections. I'd love to see it get one more final update. But if it doesn't I'm more than happy with it. I enjoy the hell out of it and very happy I bought one.

Any final update will help the perception that this game currently has.

I actually think the game is as fun as Aerosmith and to me it shoots slightly better as the right ramp seems a tad easier...... still hard to hit though!

#3077 2 years ago

Finally joined the KISS club Pro. Would have liked an LE but Pro will be fine.

Going to add TITAN yellow rubbers - hope they look good.

Have to say on this title the decal quality is worst I have had on a Stern. Brittle and bubbles all over.

Game looks great though and is a real feel good player.

So Stern, time to drop the update next week

#3080 2 years ago

Yup, it would be great Stern pr to drop this update the same week as the SW reveal.

It would send a very positive message to all past buyers and future buyers.

May the force be with KISS

#3083 2 years ago

One of the biggest issues with this so called update is all the hints that it is happening - from Gomez etc.

It will be really poor strategic thinking from Stern if they just don't bother putting this update out.

It won't be forgotten by the community and will cost them sales.

That said, I am still hopeful of an update!

#3088 2 years ago

Was hoping it might be today!

Anyway putting TITAN yellow rubbers on my game and I really like them

IMG_1493 (resized).JPG

#3096 2 years ago

This would be a GREAT week to release the code as it would send a message to all of us who are considering whether to buy SW.

#3098 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Post a full pic of the yellow when you are done....looks cool with the yellow

Some more pics as just finished.

Just need a TITAN code update now

IMG_1516 (resized).JPG

IMG_1517 (resized).JPG

IMG_1520 (resized).JPG

#3100 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Didn't you say this same thing when Batman 66 was released? Or was that another guy?
They don't seem to be listening.

Another guy but any week would be a good week really

#3102 2 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I quite like Lonnie's games. Are the modes similar to Transformers ? I REALLY like Transformers by the way.

Haven't play TF that much but for me KISS is just way more fun. It's like being at a concert and having the actual band members doing call outs really adds to the authenticity.

The code is decent but unfinished.

If Stern does release a decent update no reason why they wouldn't sell a ton more.

And the ramps are mainly nice wireforms as opposed to SW plastic.

#3107 2 years ago

While waiting for the code update.....

Added Mezmods yellow protectors to go with the yellow rubbers.

Anyone hooked up a color LCD on KISS yet to see what it looks like? Thinking yellow/gold would look good.

IMG_1523 (resized).JPG

#3113 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Time to do mine to. If anyone has tips on how to tear down that area please share.....

It wasn't too bad - main thing is to take photos all along the way as I for one, never remember where to put things back!

#3114 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I posted this video for Randy at ColorDMD when he was first testing Sigma on SPIKE. This is yellow. The camera doesn't pick up the color well, but honestly, the red looks just as good (or bad). I'm hoping when code is finished, someone will colorize for ColorDMD like SM and IM.
» YouTube video

That looks good

Presume you used Mezelmod so that it can fit?

#3116 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

For power? I don't remember. I swapped temporarily with my MET just to show Randy, and then I swapped back. I can't remember how it plugs into SPIKE for power.

I have bought one of these and will transfer a LCD from another game in next few weeks.

Think I may try HIRES in purple and see how it looks.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/kiss-pinball-mods/products/12v-power-tap-spike-system?variant=4888158468

#3119 2 years ago

This week for update?!

I wish they would just get this final update out and done.

The code is pretty good so just polish /bug fix and finish and then maybe someone can start the color dmd process

#3122 2 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Stay tuned !

So I have to do this?

6358415491833829931597478717_Stay-Tuned-257x300 (resized).png

#3127 2 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I posted up in another thread, But Stern has told me from very high up that another code release is coming out this year for Kiss. But that it will be later in the year.
JJ

That is good news and although still a way off, will help restore faith in the Stern coding department.

If the update is decent, they should sell a good few more.

#3131 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

The update will only be a bug fix! They have no intention of adding or updating game rules! The update promise is to help distributors sell out of the crap loads of inventory they own. Sorry, but true!

Well, Stern are in danger of making hay while the sun shines but come hard times, people are going to remember this kind of stuff, and then they will be in a drought and it will be too late....

#3132 2 years ago

The update will only be a bug fix! They have no intention of adding or updating game rules! The update promise is to help distributors sell out of the crap loads of inventory they own. Sorry, but true!

Thinking about this, if Stern had any integrity why can't they officially say 'Kiss code is being worked on and there will be an update in 2017'.

Is it really that difficult to do?

#3137 2 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Well they have said its being worked on? And if they say 2017 but dont manage to before end of year, people go even more frantic?

Stern haven't officially said anything. It's still just rumors.

#3138 2 years ago

Anyone have any idea what is going on as got an issue.....

Start Lick it Up.

2 shots lit. If one of them is Gene's head, ball can keep going in but it doesn't register. Ball is just fired out of the mouth as usual.

But it does register the demon locks?

I can see a switch under the p/f but not understanding why it registers a lock but not song shots?

Anyone?

Thanks

#3141 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Thinking about this a little more. The vertical up kick switch is probably working because that should be checking the "lock" position of the ball before firing it up with the coil. The optical is probably the one used to satisfy the shot. Tee up the situation with Lick It Up and slide something in to the demon entrance to block the light and see if the optical is getting tripped. Then check the connections going to the optical sensor.

That makes sense - thanks.

I didn't even know there is an optical sensor near the entrance.

Will have a look later and hopefully don't need to take the head area apart as it looks complicated!

#3153 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I believe it was last November where Jody stated they are working on a big code update for KISS in the John's Arcade tour. Just ridiculous.

Well, the fact it has been documented and promised means if they don't get it out, it will be quoted going forward forever!

#3158 2 years ago
Quoted from RayGun:

I have stated in the KISS ratings forum and to pinhead friends essentially the same thing - that coding cities may be more difficult/involved than the brass would "care" to implement. That said, there has got to be some "tag-on" code that would do SOMETHING, however basic, fun, interesting, and unique involving each of the cities. That is the only thing that will satisfy players and reinvigorrate interest and sales. And if there is no simple code they can come up w/ involving cities; then do they not need to just bite the bullet and do however much rewriting is nec.? Even if that means facing up to another resultant bug fix or two. Bcs/ there is no way anyone can argue the game feels complete when the cities do absolutely zilch. The code issue sure hasnt done Stern and the customers who bought it any favors. The ONLY WAY to play it smart at this point is to knock our socks off w/ how good and involved new code can be - and soon. I really think they would be glad if they did bcs/ the pin could absolutely own instead of being a somewhat let down. Dont lock me in a room w/ a half dressed 10 for over a yr if youre not gonna give me the key to the belt

Even something simple could be cool - somewhere in each song, there could be 10 seconds to hit a shot twice to collect a city.

Cities collected make super jackpots bigger and bigger.

So many ways to incorporate them in a fun way.

#3162 2 years ago

Lets hope one of these days .......

C8p0Ge_UQAAD80u (resized).jpg

#3178 2 years ago

These new cliffy ball trough protectors are essential for Stern games these days. Just fitted to my KISS.

I already had damage underneath but at least it won't get worse now.

IMG_1594 (resized).JPG

#3182 2 years ago

Well, they have just put the topper on FB so maybe, just maybe a nice update is coming.....

Press Enter to post.
Lou Torelli
Lou Torelli This should of been incorporated in the back glass like the original KISS Bally, and it would've been even better. IMO putting KISS over KISS looks odd.
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 1 · 13 hrs
Stern Pinball
Stern Pinball You can never have too much KISS.
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 4 · 12 hrs
View more replies
Stephen Keeler
Stephen Keeler Hoping to find out where the cities take us ?
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 4 · 11 hrs
View 2 more replies
Stern Pinball
Stern Pinball Cities theme your game. You will here Gene or Paul say the city name during your game.
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 1 · 9 hrs
Leon Moncla I can only imagine the amount of comments if this had said KISS Code instead of KISS interactive topper.
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 6 hr
James Davey Star wars game play videos please!!
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 10 hrs
Stern Pinball
Stern Pinball Stay Tuned!
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 9 hrs
Damien Clement Got it on my Kiss LE N088 and looks very great
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 2 · 12 hrs
Harry G Dounis My favorite Stern!!! Please keep up the support for this kickass table!!!
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 6 hrs
Anthony Delgado lol, woulda sold a ton of these if you updated the code.
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 9 hrs
Stephen Keeler Yeah it's sad such a great licence
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 1 · 9 hrs
Daniel Thuresson Got one of these and can't say that I regret it
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 1 · 10 hrs
Bruce Kretlow Love my Kiss topper!

#3184 2 years ago

Exactly.

Seems like DI is selling very well, despite luke warm theme so Stern need to focus and do what they do best.

When they fully code games they can be awesome.

They can't afford to be blase.

#3187 2 years ago

Quite a few comments on Stern FB page all mentioning the promised update.

They haven't been deleted so maybe the update is coming...

2 weeks later
#3198 2 years ago

Hope we don't get to this stage....

71WRpbdsG1L._AC_UL320_SR220,320_ (resized).jpg

#3203 2 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

I believe so. I've heard from some distributors that Kiss is being worked on now and being tested. I can't name them, but it's going to happen.

That will be awesome if true and will really help Stern's reputation going forward.

#3205 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I hope you guys aren't being fed a line...because I had a distributor tell me they were NOT going to update this pin again, that Stern had moved on. I hope they were wrong and you guys are right about an update coming!

The thing is that if they abandon it after all the hints that there was going to be an update, it will cost them sales going forward for sure.

Yes, people would have been disappointed a year ago if they had said KISS was done but to have been kept on a hook for so long just doesn't make sense.

And even if not fully committed , how long would it have taken to do a bug fix etc and get something done?

Anyway it looks like I better stay tuned for the next 60 days

#3221 2 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

According to Cointaker at Pintastic they said Stern is done with code on KISS and it's final at least from what he's heard.

Well, I am a buyer of Stern games - recently KISS and ASLE.

But, if they abandon KISS without any update at all, I won't buy anymore Stern games.

More on principle than anything else.

Yeah, I am but a tiny cog in the wheel but in a niche market, companies should be trying to ensure customer loyalty.

And yes KISS is a good game now BUT Stern did promise/hint an update was coming. That is the issue.

#3246 2 years ago

I know it is getting old but Stern really need to step on the code side of things, especially as all sorts of QC issues appearing. Latest being ghosting inserts on SW - really thought we were done with that.

Anyway, they are making it easier for me as will wait for KISS and AS updates.

If they don't happen, will still enjoy the games but it will be back to B/W games again for me!

#3249 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I missed yesterday, so yesterday was 161, and today is 160 days and counting!

Do we all pick a number between 1 and 160 to see who is closest?

#3254 2 years ago

Will guess when there are 86 days to go! Thursday 19th Oct.

#3262 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

It's especially galling since B'66 is nowhere close to done with whole sections of the game (you can completely see everything in 15 minutes) missing, and Gomez saying there would be updates every two weeks when he was in salesman mode at launch. That lasted 2 months, and it was never 2 weeks, but was more like 3 weeks, then 4 weeks, then almost 5 weeks, and now 9 weeks. Looking at the timeline, it's pretty clear Lyman was taken off B'66 code "full time" in February, despite Stern comments to the contrary.

Rumor is he is working on Elvira 3 and BM66.

Just wish Stern would have some communication around updating code. I don't mind waiting as long as I know it's coming. It's all the, will there, won't there , that is just nuts really, given how easy it is to communicate on their FB page.

#3267 2 years ago

Ok Stern, if anyone ever checks in on these threads, now would be a good time for some code communication Everyone has been pretty patient really.

But, having just seen the Total Nuclear Annihilation package, the time has come that people are going to go elsewhere as it looks pretty damn awesome!

Now is not the time for complacency....

#3282 2 years ago

If Stern don't come through with the long promised update, I would probably sell and take the money and buy a 90's game.

#3308 2 years ago

Awesome project! Very curious to see how it turns out.

Race is on - which code gets finished first?

#3315 2 years ago

A daily bump. This thread ain't going away ..... unless....

#3335 2 years ago

Wouldn't want to stand too close to Gene

#3355 2 years ago

How many days?

Anyway I have made the decision that I will wait until end of 2017 for rumored update.

If no update, I will pass on Iron Maiden which I would really like but as Einstein said, ' the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results'!

On principle I can't support Stern anymore although ironically I may instead go back to their very early 1980's titles instead.

I believe the code is done so I hear

#3360 2 years ago

Are you saying you heard the code is done as it stands now? Or the new alleged update is done?

No, I meant code is done on their 80's games

#3393 2 years ago

Well, it is a big step in the right direction as it makes the game more fun to play.

Not the 'big' update though.

Stern's FB page interesting.

Is this promised huge update? I hope we will get another huge update including cities.
Thx for Bug fixes but we looking forward for this promised several times Huge Update!
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 4 hrs
Stern Pinball
Stern Pinball We promised a "huge" update?
Improvements continue...

Stern saying improvements continue. So, another update to come????

#3394 2 years ago

Also if cities are never going to do anything, at least turn them into maybe a match feature.

Would make sense on location. Choose a city, then end of game see if your city matches for a free game. At least they then have a purpose.

Not ideal but better than zilch!

2 weeks later
#3447 1 year ago

As we know, Stern may still be improving the code.

Can we have some Champion's awards on this game please?

Heaven's on Fire Champion etc?

At the moment it just has Combo champ as does AS. I don't mind that AS started with the KISS code as it's base but can both games get Champion awards?

Makes a huge difference to games in the home and surely it can't be that complex or time consuming to code?

#3450 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Since Lonnie programmed both of these, what is his track record for programming Champion Awards into his games?

Not sure but they would improve both games massively and it must be easy to do for a decent programmer?

Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

I am pretty happy with the code....What it's lacking is callouts and animations! The callouts are repetitive, but I have heard there are lots of great callouts that are not being used, even swearing. Paul and Gene did all that custom voice work, seems a shame to waste any of it...Also, it's been reported that there are many animations that are done but not being used. It's all there, just needs to be implemented. I'm still hoping.

Agree code is good.

But more call outs/animations adds the polish that Stern hopefully will decide in this era of increased competition, is worth them doing. Good for current sales and future sales.

If they don't finish current games, then who will have faith on the say Guardians or Iron Maiden?

#3451 1 year ago

Just been playing KISS and it is a way better game than it's reputation. A real feel good pin.

If only Stern would throw in a few Champion awards, a few more call outs and animations, it would make the game awesome!

I don't care about the cities - you can pretend you are in LA whatever but they aren't stopping game moving to another level.

#3456 1 year ago

I just went back to see what Stern said on their FB page regarding KISS 1.30 update.

They said ' Improvements continue... '

In my mind it does seem to hint that there will be one final update

#3458 1 year ago
Quoted from VegasMike:

Easiest suggestion for the cities - have a high score for each tour city. The player can choose which score to try and beat, a la NBA Fastbreak.

Great idea.

Instead of song Champion awards - City Champion awards.

Game is then finished and coding wise, pretty simple

#3462 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

But the city awards would be pointless without some unique thing per city like a boost or perk. Then it would mean something and there'd be a reason for the score tracking.

See what you mean. Just song Champion awards then

#3464 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

At this point I'd be happy with cleaning up all the bugs and not 15-20% of them like the last update (and I agree Stern was probably sitting on for the better part of a year). Counting the two unverified ones that were in 1.28 and are probably in 1.30, there are still 15 documented bugs, and some of them are pretty major.
But if they were doing a little more, City perks and score tracking for them would be cool.

At the very least give us a HOF Champion award - just so satisfying trying to beat past scores.

It's a real shame Stern dropped the ball on KISS code updates, as it's one of THE most feel good, fun games to play. As it is I enjoy it more than AC/DC and Metallica.

#3466 1 year ago

Been playing KISS a lot and in a way the code seems more balanced than AS.

KISS is a real fun game but it's frustrating knowing there are so many call outs etc not yet added to the game.

It sounded like Stern are still working on the game..... why can't they just come out and tell us??!

Comparing AS and KISS. Finding it pretty hard to say which game I prefer. Guess it's a tie at the moment

1 week later
#3479 1 year ago

Probably waiting for the final code update to drop as Stern did hint they were still working on it......

Color DMD would be awesome for sure.

#3495 1 year ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

You are also da man! Favorited both threads.
Hopefully I can find a KISS Pro for the right price for Santa to bring down the chimney

It is a real fun game - one of my favorites.

Just wish Stern would do the final bug fix and add a few Champion awards.....

1 week later
#3513 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

And since mods are being mentioned here I will also give big props for the Love Gun MB light mod......it really adds to the start of LG MB. A must mod for the Prem/LE.
So how long before we should start asking for the next code update??? A bug fix at the very least. Way too many bugs to Be left as is.

Hoping for the last update before Xmas for sure. Bug fix, some Champion awards, maybe some other extras....

Stern is under pressure like never before so they need to come good regarding code updates.

I enjoy playing Sterns more than their competitor's games but losing patience with them. Their lack of communication, will they or won't they finish a game, and QC issues are really going to hurt them in 2018.

They have always been savvy though so I am still hoping for an update as it's in their best interest going forward.

#3520 1 year ago

Final update before Expo??

#3525 1 year ago

Brilliant! Confirmed on FB.

Finally some good code confirmation

STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS - OCTOBER 2017
Welcome to the inaugural Stern of the Union Address! This will be a monthly update on the status of all things Stern Pinball, touching on many different topics. Without further ado my fellow pinheads:
Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; as usual we will release them as soon as possible. Here’s a sneak peek at two games that will have updates coming very soon, as well as status on a few other titles:
- Star Wars with its newest asteroid video mode and intense lightsaber duel!
- Batman ’66 with the new major villain cliffhangers!
- Ghostbusters: As soon as Star Wars is complete, we will be focusing on a final update for Ghostbusters.
- Aerosmith: Aerosmith will also be getting a little more polish.
- KISS: We will be revisiting KISS code very soon to create a final update.

1 week later
#3539 1 year ago

Well.

JJP has truly raised the bar while we wait for our final update.

Hopefully Stern are going to make more effort coding as just look at the code base in POTC.

105 modes

858719992a5c8a21cf387b8c2f3e0abdf6bc2924.png (resized).jpg

#3542 1 year ago

At least KISS was mentioned in the Stern talk yesterday.

Agree with the cities and it could be something pretty minor .

Champion awards are the main thing I am hoping for.

1 week later
#3552 1 year ago

The last few weeks have been really interesting.

Stern's talk at Expo seemed full of complacency.

At the same time the amount of people who have bought DI as opposed to a new Stern seems to be growing by the day.

Feels like the tide is turning.

Shame really.

I prefer the gameplay on the newer Sterns to anything else but if games aren't coded to full potential or are just flat out not finished, I just can't support Stern any longer.

In such a competitive marketplace code becomes more important than ever.

The final update on KISS will show me if Stern are making changes behind the scenes. I hope they are.

#3571 1 year ago

The guys at Stern have been playing KISS.

Decent scores!

How does 10x Rock City sound? Awesome

Hopefully they are play testing final update. Hope it's a beauty!

22780713_10155889518039244_8977298218264895248_n (resized).jpg

22728806_10155889518044244_4824780612509526836_n (resized).jpg

#3578 1 year ago

Good video, explains a fair bit and quite funny!

#3580 1 year ago

I see the new BM66 code update has a ton of new Champion awards

I really hope they put them into KISS for the final update.

Makes such a difference to games to have these.

#3583 1 year ago

Loving the look of GOTG so far but going to wait for final KISS update before deciding.

Otherwise......

insanity (resized).jpg

#3599 1 year ago
Quoted from nasco62:

Just sold mine the game has so many design flaws(the stuck balls in the genes head) sterns are just getting worse for me, how they let these leave the factory no pride anymore.....

Never had a ball stuck in the head thankfully. My game has been bullet proof apart from the rubbish decals.

Wondering if the final update will come before Xmas?

#3612 1 year ago

So, another mention of the final update on the monthly newsletter.

Can't say I am overly hopeful of anything significant.

A few Champion awards would be great though.

#3616 1 year ago
Quoted from Edster:

With the latest code getting to Kiss Army Multiball and Heaven's on Fire (Mine is Hard Luck Woman) are very doable. Once you finish that there is no where else to go. The hope is that they utilize the Cities as currently they don't do anything. Maybe that will make is a challenge after you get to the last 2 multiballs.
The game is so much fun to play. I have a Pro. Wish I got an LE but the Pro is lots of fun to play. First thing is change the songs up.

There is 10X Rock City which is THE place to get to according to Elwin and Sharpe!

1 week later
#3637 1 year ago

Still hoping for a great final update as this game has tons of personality, something missing from so many games. More funny call outs would be awesome plus Champion awards etc.

Can't help think Stern could have/still can maybe sell a ton more of these if they just polish the code.

I played DILE today that was next to a KISS pro.

Guess which I preferred?

KISS of course

#3648 1 year ago

If the final update does not include Champion awards, could they be done via pinball browser?

Friend had a massive Kiss Army score with a mega Super Jackpot. It would really add to the game if these were Champion awards.

#3650 1 year ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Pinball browser just allows you to replace game assets like music and video. Won't allow you to add or change code. You would have to recode the machine to add that.

Oh well.

Well, I just really hope that Stern get these into this game as it is becoming one of my most favorite Sterns ever

#3651 1 year ago

Wonder how close we are to color dmd on this game?

Or will nothing happen until the final update?

#3656 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Color ain't gonna do this game any favors with the terrible "real" animations. Really time-consuming to that as well. Probably many other games in line first.

Just got to hope someone takes on the project as a labor of love then

#3657 1 year ago

Back to code......

Got a great super jackpot in Kiss Army MB - zero call out.

Can we have extra/new call outs in the final update please?

#3663 1 year ago

KISS is just such a blast to play and the multipliers can help blow up the game. The rules are really nicely balanced.

This game really deserves a real juicy final update as it's one of the best but it does need polish, champion awards, more call outs.

As for cities, I would have been fine if every city had a cool call out so they felt more integrated.

My faith will be restored big time if this update is sweet

#3684 1 year ago

Hoping today's Stern of the Union has some KISS news

#3686 1 year ago

Well, near future..... can't be far away now!

Status of Code:

We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; as usual we will release them as soon as possible. Here are some of the latest updates and status of things in the works and as always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to bug.report@sternpinball.com:

Guardians of the Galaxy – We have several updates coming before the holidays, with 1.0 slated for January. We’re still working hard on balancing and polishing sound assets; it’s an ongoing process and clearly we are aware of some of the issues. We have every intention to make the audio package and game experience spectacular.
Star Wars – The team is hard at work and we’re still looking at releasing 1.0 code in early December. In case you missed it from last month the updates will include bug fixes, score balancing and additional speech. Some of the content will be:
Escape from Hoth, Escape from Tatooine, Battle Above Endor will get polish and rule enhancements with some cool added effects
Depending on which character you select, the heroes will receive additional perks with Leia’s bonus increasing all scoring in the 4th missions, Han increasing the timer to last longer during the Escape from Boba Fett mode and Luke’s bonus adding a higher scoring opportunity in the Light Saber Duel mode.
Batman ’66 – The dedicated programming team is still working on another release around the New Year. This will include additional minor villain modes into the mix.
Ghostbusters – With Star Wars coming to completion soon, we will be focusing on a final update for Ghostbusters.
Aerosmith – Aerosmith will be getting a little more polish.
KISS – KISS code will have a final update in the near future as well.
Just because a game isn’t listed on here doesn’t mean there can’t be surprises from time to time either! (i.e. The Walking Dead v1.60)

#3694 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

I do not think they are getting actors at all. I read this much differently.
Kiss will be a long time off.
I heard GOT was getting fixes awhile ago.
Star Wars sounds okay. Nothing game changing.
BM66 is so good now. I cannot wait for this update. It is the game changer on this title for sure
Aerosmith needs an update for sure.

I can't believe KISS is a long time off as Stern wouldn't say 'in the near future' as they are more accountable with their monthly address etc.

#3705 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Whoa whoa whoa Tex! There's a Bon Jovi pin? What? Face. Palm.

Has Iron Maiden been delayed again then?

#3712 1 year ago

KISS has so much personality - love the boom, boom, boom callout

Kiss Army MB seems to need a fair few call outs added. Please

This game is just so much fun to play!

#3714 1 year ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Theory on upcoming KISS code. On the "This Flippin Podcast" on Dec 1, they interviewed Zach Sharpe... currently rated 1 in the IFPA rankings and director of marketing at Stern. Zach was asked which games he plays in the Stern arcade at lunch time. He answered that the only game he is currently playing is KISS.
So my thoughts....
1. He loves KISS a lot
2. He is testing KISS code
Later in the interview he went on to talk about his favorite Stern games and he didn't list KISS as a favorite. So I'm inclined to think he's testing KISS code.

That makes sense.

He competes with Elwin and they go for 10x Rock City - the ultimate buzz in pinball

If Stern makes the final update a great one, they should sell a lot more games as so many people have written this game off due to code delays.

For me, this game is as fun as MET and AC/DC and a nice final update could elevate it above MET and AC/DC

#3716 1 year ago

Finished HOF and got a nice big SJ - but no call out?

Still time to get one in there

1 week later
#3725 1 year ago

Even at the moment I play KISS more than any other game in the house.

I hope this last update shows that Stern care about updates.

I really want to add Iron Maiden next to KISS but code is the number 1 issue so lets see what the future brings!

#3728 1 year ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

KISS code update...yeah right...LMAO

Dude - it's 100% coming

How good, who knows.....

See below as this was Stern's latest monthly address.

Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; as usual we will release them as soon as possible. Here are some of the latest updates and status of things in the works and as always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to bug.report@sternpinball.com:
Guardians of the Galaxy – We have several updates coming before the holidays, with 1.0 slated for January. We’re still working hard on balancing and polishing sound assets; it’s an ongoing process and clearly we are aware of some of the issues. We have every intention to make the audio package and game experience spectacular.
Star Wars – The team is hard at work and we’re still looking at releasing 1.0 code in early December. In case you missed it from last month the updates will include bug fixes, score balancing and additional speech. Some of the content will be:
Escape from Hoth, Escape from Tatooine, Battle Above Endor will get polish and rule enhancements with some cool added effects
Depending on which character you select, the heroes will receive additional perks with Leia’s bonus increasing all scoring in the 4th missions, Han increasing the timer to last longer during the Escape from Boba Fett mode and Luke’s bonus adding a higher scoring opportunity in the Light Saber Duel mode.
Batman ’66 – The dedicated programming team is still working on another release around the New Year. This will include additional minor villain modes into the mix.
Ghostbusters – With Star Wars coming to completion soon, we will be focusing on a final update for Ghostbusters.
Aerosmith – Aerosmith will be getting a little more polish.
KISS – KISS code will have a final update in the near future as well.
Just because a game isn’t listed on here doesn’t mean there can’t be surprises from time to time either! (i.e. The Walking Dead v1.60)

#3735 1 year ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

On February, 14/17 (10 months and 9 days ago) I bought my KISS L.E. ... and just 7 minutes ago ...
I finally got my 1st “Heaven’s On Fire” and ohh yes! It was amazing! It was so damn good! Not just the song, but the combination of lights, how my art blades looked it was simply amazing! Took me more than I was expecting but never is too late ! But, I have a question please, The Spaceman wasn’t collected at all? I thought that I needed the 4 to get the wizard and achieve the song? What was done instead?
Thank you Fellas
Regards

6 instruments to get Spaceman to flash, ready for Kiss Army.
12 instruments for Rock City.
5 for extra ball.

The start of HOF is fantastic for sure.

Doesn't look like final update in 2017 so hope this extra wait is worth it!

#3737 1 year ago

Merry Kissmas to all those waiting for the final update

1 week later
#3739 1 year ago

So, it might be close or it might not!

Hey Stern Pinball Fans! Jared here with a little news from HQ!
As you have now hopefully become accustomed, Zach has been sharing the “Stern Of The Union” (SOTU) on the first Tuesday of each month. Due to the holidays today’s release has been postponed until next week on January 9th.
There are some exciting code updates “imminent” so make sure you stay tuned here to Stern Pinball FB for that information when it’s ready!...

#3741 1 year ago

So, Tuesday, another Stern Union Address.

Hoping we get more than 'KISS is having a final update'.

Throw us a bone

'Cities are being worked on'

Well, after this long wait, we can dream...

#3742 1 year ago

And while we are waiting, there has got to be some Champion awards in the update

Kiss Army can be huge scoring so really need to see best score saved.

Same for Rock City but haven't got there yet

The use of multipliers in this game is epic!

#3744 1 year ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

The multipliers are awesome in this game. Change the settings to give a playfield multiplier after every song completion and the game is a total blast to play. It makes going for song completions the most important thing to do. The only reason i don't leave those settings on mine is that i host tournament and i like to have setting close to factory so that no players are surprised.

Funnily enough was thinking about doing this but going to wait it out and see what changes there are in the final update.

Only just getting hang of trying to have p/f multiplier, then have a 2x times at demon head, a 2x center ramp. And then during KA hit flashing green, then center for a combo into mouth. I think that is 6x plus p/f multiplier so could be 60x with colossal.

I have read of people ( top players! ) getting 800m super jackpots!

Never got close to doing this but it's these kind of rules that ensures this game does not get old.

#3747 1 year ago

"Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; as usual we will release them as soon as possible. Here are some of the latest updates and status of things in the works. As always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to bug.report@sternpinball.com:
Guardians of the Galaxy – We had several updates this holiday season including the addition of two new songs! We are still on track for more code updates this month with additional balancing and polishing of the overall game experience.
Star Wars – We are working on bug fixes, polish and minor tweaks in the near future.
Batman ’66 – Look for another new update this month!
Ghostbusters – Ghostbusters is still in line for a final update.
Aerosmith – Aerosmith is still in line for an additional update and polish.
KISS –KISS is still in line for a final update.
Just because a game isn’t listed on here doesn’t mean there can’t be surprises from time to time either!"

Oh boy, come on guys, give us something, anything? How long are we looking at?

Hopefully the update will be even better than expected......

#3750 1 year ago

Ok, while we wait, what are people's thoughts on the cities?

Currently there are 8 songs and 15 cities.

Can't see any mention of cities on the playfield or rules card. Additionally no call outs direct player to choose a city or indeed, why they should choose a city.

Right now, it just doesn't make sense at all. Stern have said the player can choose a city - if that is the case then add call outs or something.

Right now my suggestion is just eliminate them from the game and instead focus on other areas that could benefit from final update -

1. Champion Awards
2. Bug fixes
3. More call outs
4. Clean up, add animations
5. Finish Rock City
6. New song for Kiss Army MB?

Anything else that people are hoping for?

#3753 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

There are call outs for whatever city you choose, you will hear it after you complete a song and hit the scoop to pick another.

Are there really 15 call outs for every city?

So, maybe just a 'choose a city you want to play' call out at the beginning of the game is needed?

#3754 1 year ago

Just played a game and got a Tokyo call out

Ok, so never noticed but for sure KEEP cities

Still think some kind of introduction/call out at beginning is needed as it's only taken me 600 games to kind of see the purpose of the cities!

#3756 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Yeah, but a world tour mode would be nice....complete all the songs and another mode or multiball or some award. Sounds like it would be easy to give you credit for a city when you complete a song. Then have it choose a new city when you choose the next song. Something simple so you know the cities are used for something
Still need the call out “YOU WANTED THE BEST. YOU GOT THE BEST.....” when you hit the start button. That is a no brainer that should be on this game.

Agree with the call out

For a World Tour Mode, maybe reduce cities from 15 to 8 to match the 8 songs?

Could then have something different like a 2 ball multiball with a countdown Mega Cities Jackpot?

At this stage a full World Tour just ain't gonna happen!

#3758 1 year ago

Nice ideas and I guess we can hope.

The more they add, the more likely I will be to press the buy button for an Iron Maiden!

#3760 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Choosing the city changes the callouts by adding the city name to some of them.

Not all of them?

Will try all the cities in next few days.

#3763 1 year ago
Quoted from konjurer:

BTW, there is a separate thread for KISS code ideas. Stern has already stated that the cities were never meant for anything other than just a call out. Very, very unlikely we're going to get new code around the cities.
I would hope that they have another song licensed in their back pocket and we get a final wizard mode for completing all of the modes.

I was pretty shocked that every city does have a call out - never realized this. I think is all that is required then is a call out that ensures player chooses a city to 'play' at. The city call outs are excellent and have listed below just for fun.

Apart from Champion awards, any new call outs in final update would be awesome ( as would extra song ).

Los Angeles - Lets rock this
Houston - Are you ready?
New Orleans - Are you ready to rock?
Atlanta - Tonight's the night
Orlando - Are you ready?
Tokyo - Oh yeah
London - Can you feel it?
New York - Are you ready to rock?
San Francisco - Oh yeah
Mexico - Lets rock this
Detroit - It's gonna be a hot night
Chicago - Lets rock this
Pittsburgh - Whose gonna party?
Seattle - Can you feel it?
Portland - Let me hear you say yeah?

#3764 1 year ago

Oh, Rock City is the final wizard mode for completing the 4 inserts so not sure what you mean by adding another for completing all the modes?

Maybe you mean something added for finishing the 8 songs?

2 weeks later
#3779 1 year ago

So, we are end of Jan.

Will the final update be before Easter?

Will it be this year?!

Another Stern Union next week - would be good to get more info

#3785 1 year ago

Now put nearly 900 games on and I think for the final update, making one song default for multiplier is the way forward for mortal players

I can score nearly half a billion but never yet had 5x p/f multiplier going, let alone 10.

I know you can adjust it in the settings but I think it would make it more fun for everyone except maybe top 50 players in the world and they can switch to 2 songs again?

4 weeks later
#3793 1 year ago

Another Stern of the Union address tomorrow.

Too much to hope for a bit more news regarding the final update?

Actually tell us something they are adding/fixing?

Adding Champion awards?

KA call outs?

This game is so much better than the general consensus and hopefully the final update will convince others to give it a try.

#3798 1 year ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

All you’re going to get is that KISS is still in line for a final update. It’s not Stern’s style to divulge any type of detailed information.

Well, they are slowly changing in response to stronger competition but yeah, you are probably right!

#3801 1 year ago

We have an answer to the thread title.

Summer 2018.

1 week later
#3808 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

KISS isn't singled out. It's grouped with a bunch of other titles that they EXPECT to have updates starting in mid-summer. That's nowhere near a sure thing in Sternland, and I'm sure that wording was chosen on purpose. If we get KISS code by the end of the year, I'll be happy.

If we have to wait that long it better be worth the wait

Wonder if the color dmd guys are already working on the game or do they have to wait until after this final update?

It will be like having a new game when the planets align and both these things happen

2 weeks later
#3813 1 year ago

Kiss Army REALLY needs some call outs etc as well!

And have you seen how many Champion awards Maiden has already?

Come on guys give KISS some love as well

#3820 1 year ago

Think I am more optimistic than ever that Stern will provide a decent final KISS update.

They are responding to the competition in a positive way.

And with Keith, Zach, and Tim being at Stern, the chances of real polish are now way higher than ever before.

Kind of expecting Champion awards now

1 week later
#3833 1 year ago

Stern have upped their game with the Maiden roll out.

Lets hope they continue to surprise with a really nice final update for KISS.

#3836 1 year ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Kiss is done. Iron Maiden is now the new focus. I've moved on a year ago and glad I did.

Not done!

It's just a question of what will be added/polished.

With all these new programmers at Stern, I am hoping for a ton of polish, some new call outs, champion awards, bug fixes and a few surprises

#3839 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

Who cares it's KISS

It's a players game so you have no need to worry about the game

#3844 1 year ago

Good news that Stern have knocked it out of the park with Maiden as success breeds success.

GOTG was very meh, but the latest code has turned the game around completely so a friend tells me.

The new coders are having a positive impact already

Seems like Stern have upped their game as a statement of intent.

So, I really do think we may get a pretty good update on KISS - fingers crossed

1 week later
#3845 1 year ago

No new news on the SOTU update.

Maiden code shaping up to maybe end up being Stern's best to date.

The amount of Champion awards is just awesome.

Just hope the 'right' people get put on KISS for it's final polish

#3849 1 year ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Give it a rest...your constant posts over the past year saying it's coming...it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when...is getting old. It's NOT coming and if by some miracle it does come in the distant future, shame on Stern for making us wait so long! I stopped drinking the Stern Kool-Aid a long time ago and moved on. All of the hyperbole needs to move on too...

What are you talking about????

Stern have said it is coming. What part of that don't you understand? Stern have said mid-Summer approx.

As for drinking Kool-Aid - not at all!

I just want and hope that the final update will be worth waiting for.

You need to get your facts right before going on the attack!

My constant posts are for the sole purpose of bumping this thread so that this final update doesn't get forgotten. Sheesh.

#3852 1 year ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

They are left for dead. If anything, they have moved on to the great money grab. If they do anything further on Kiss it will be a very minor bug fix.

If that is all we get after all this time, it will be a real kick in the teeth.

There are signs that Stern are changing with all their new hires and that is why I am optimistic but I am also a realist. I guess we will see.

#3859 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Hotter than Hell mode is like that, but in reverse. Hit a drop target, hit a lit shot, repeat. But it's not a multiball mode. I don't think any of the multiball modes are like that (Demon, Lovegun, KISS Army, Heaven's On Fire, or Rock City). But I was only to Rock City a couple times and I barely remember it because it seemed so blah and unfinished.
Elevator MB is the best thing about Aerosmith, but wasn't enough. It's just too much like KISS with a color screen and flash animations.

Haven't got to RC yet but heard it is pretty unfinished.

KISS is just a feel good pin, but just hope it gets finished off nicely.

If KISS had got the Maiden love, it would be off the charts good!

3 weeks later
#3862 1 year ago

Been listening to Keith Elwin's interview on H2H.

So refreshing to hear how he will immediately change scoring on a mode if it is being under utilised by players.

I thought of KISS and how say Black Diamond will never be picked by players as it's probably the hardest to complete.

If KISS had got the attention to detail of Maiden, then maybe Black Diamond would be loaded with points to encourage more risk/reward when choosing what songs to start with.

Pretty much all tournament players start with Deuce or Lick it Up.

Would be great if this is addressed in the final update - he says hopefully

#3873 1 year ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I do think there’s an update coming some time, the big question is what’s it going to contain.

Stern have said multiple times that there is a KISS update this Summer.

They do seem to have been focusing more on code this year so hopefully it will be a sweet update.

1 week later
#3883 1 year ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

Most on this thread complain about why there haven't been any updates recently. I owned the pro for about a year and thought the game was great. The shots are more satisfying than ACDC (I have a pro), and the rules are more like a 90's williams/ballys title. Why does every game need to be incredibly deep? The shots and theme are what make this game really fun. Rules are good too. If you don't like the simplicity sell it and use the money to buy a game that has a deeper rule set. I suspect the same people that complain about the simplicity will complain about the complexity of a more deep game. Impossible to satisfy most these days.
This game is worth more than the majority of pros so sell it and but a deeper game for less and stop fucking complaining!

What is wrong with hoping a great game could be made even better with the final update?

Rules are good but the game would benefit from more polish - more call outs, tidying up the DMD images etc.

And then look at Maiden and see how many Champion awards and compare to KISS.......

Don't you want the game to be made better???!

#3885 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

KISS is a simple, great shooting game. Would appreciate an update, but I'd be really surprised if it makes a noticeable difference in gameplay.
AS is also a simple game, great shooting game.
Nothing epic about the rulesets, but the games are still fun. If you want an epic ruleset that makes your brain hurt, pickup a Star Wars!
snaroff

Agree - it's one of my all time favorites now.

Polish and some Champion awards would be enough for me - and the bug fixes of course.

#3891 1 year ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

I agree, but I also think expectations need to be reasonable. I think Stern should fix reported "bugs", but I don't believe at this point it's reasonable to expect additional functionality. This game is already really fun imo.
I'm a software developer and I can confirm that coding is very expensive. I also have a degree in economics and I understand that as a business it is not feasible to invest more into a product than expected return. Keep in mind any enhancements they make to the game will introduce additional faults, ehich will cost more money to fix. Where will this money come from?
Kiss is already an awesome game. There isn't much they can do without a significant investment to improve the game. I won't hesitate to buy the game back at some point even if code stays the same.
If you like maiden better sell your kiss and buy one.

Why not have both?

Programming Champion awards is not complex and won't introduce more bugs. Same with tidying up animations, adding call outs to Kiss Army MB etc.

And Stern do need to support their products as otherwise they lose their customer base.

#3898 1 year ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

Let me get this straight. You think all stern developers should work extra hours to make every game perfect even if the game is no longer in production and results in the company losing money? How would you feel if your boss came up to you and said we need you to work ten extra hours per week indefinetly with no additional pay to make something minutely better? Your business model would put Stern out of business within a couple years.

Yes, if a game is unfinished.

Otherwise Stern would slowly lose their customer base. Business 101.

#3902 1 year ago

Yup - great mod and you can make it more factory by doing this.

IMG_3317 (resized).jpg
#3911 1 year ago
Quoted from konjurer:

The scoop shot is easy from the left flipper and requires no luck. Is there a cliffy getting in the way?
It’s also hittable from the right flipper. I do it all the time... usually by accident.

I had a cliffy, then tried a mantis protector. The shot is so much harder with protectors.

So, on this game, gotta go with no protection apart from a bit of mylar as it's too frustrating otherwise.

#3923 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Hate to break it to you fellow Kiss suckers, but there aint no update coming. They dont give a shit about a game you can still buy an LE NIB.

They have been promising an update for months so no way is it not going to happen.

The question should be, 'will the update be any good'? Would be super disappointing if just a few bug fixes....

#3930 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Hoping maybe some day an update can make this game worth playing.

So, you have been to Rock City?

And guessing with the 10x bonus so you can totally blow the game up.....

And no, I haven't!

1 week later
#3936 1 year ago

It's getting closer and hopefully after waiting so long, the update will be sweet.

'Aerosmith updates are deep in development and still slated for a mid-Summer release. KISS will follow Aerosmith’s updates, followed by Ghostbusters.'

AS and KISS have same base code so hopefully if AS has new Champion awards, then KISS should get them as well.

2 weeks later
#3948 1 year ago

Got to think AS update will be before next Stern Union letter. That's beginning of August.

And then KISS maybe September?

#3951 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

If we are lucky enough to get AS/KISS updates, the pins "depth" is highly unlikely to change at all.
snaroff

KISS is plenty deep enough.

More breadth would be nice, song balancing, more call outs, champion awards, bug fixes, clean up animations etc.

2 weeks later
#3955 1 year ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Hey fellas, any chance one of you could provide an idiot’s guide to doing this? I have zero Mylar experience but am very tempted to remove the Cliffy from there.
Do you actually have Mylar inside the hole? Or just up to the edges?
How big an area do you cover?
PS: This game still frickin’ rocks! Criminally underrated. Suspect it’s about to get even better.

I removed cliffy and mantis - game is hard enough without being harder.

I just added some mylar circles that I had spare from covering magnets. Main wear is the sides.

I have kind of accepted it will wear.

#3966 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

I had clear titans on it and only had some minor black marking from the disc. You're probably seeing a combination of the disc and the black rubber on the PF.

I have clear TITANS - I get little black rubber bits on my balls.... lol.

Does anyone make a clear silicon replacement for the spinning disc as that would be the way to go.

2 weeks later
#3981 1 year ago

May as well ask while I wait for a friend to come back and look at my game......

I upgraded to an LE a few months ago but not been able to play the game as the switch at the back of the right ramp ( gate ) that starts multiball ( Lovegun ) doesn't work.

It was intermittent but now doesn't work at all. New switch is the same.

Friend says it 'may' be a node board problem. Gulp.

Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks!

#3983 12 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Remove the connector from Node board 11, switch block CN3. Put the game in switch test mode and use a wire jumper to connect pins 8 and 10 on switch block CN3. When you connect those two, does the display register the switch as being triggered?
Yes? The problem is between the CN3 connector and the switch on the Playfield (broken wire, short, etc).
No? The problem is likely on Node Board 11
Check that and report back.

Thanks for this info - hopefully my friend can do this in the next few weeks.

If it is the node board, it is frustrating that it appears not to be available to buy anywhere....

Part number 520-5322-00

No schematics for node boards, different node boards on different games, hard to repair and seemingly hard to buy!

#3985 12 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

If it's the node board, it may be repairable. Just need to work through to what that actual problem is. It may be a bad wire.

Fingers crossed!

The fact that it was intermittent at one point might add to bad wire theory.

#3987 12 months ago
Quoted from konjurer:

According to people in another thread, Stern will replace a node board for free even though it's out of warranty and even though you are not be the original owner. I think that is horse shit but if dozens of people stated it, it must be true.

Well, if my issue is node board I will call them and report back here with the result!

1 week later
#3996 11 months ago
Quoted from Pickle:

If color DMD released Kiss a code update would for sure happen.....
I get that Stern is a business and they make money by selling games....but for the price They charge we expect bug fixes and some minor tweaks to at least make it complete for any new game.
Get it done or be real and tell us it is not happening. Enough stringing us along with this Stern of the Union garbage.

I think the color dmd will come after this update we have been waiting for.

That is my hope anyway.

Color dmd are running out of titles so if they can do GOT, then hopefully someone can work their magic on KISS.

#4006 11 months ago

September update up:
http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-september-2018
Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; we will release them upon update completion. Here are some of the latest updates and the status of things in the works. As always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to bug.report@sternpinball.com:
Batman ’66 – We hope you enjoyed the most recent release (0.94.0) and there is still plenty in store. We are hard at work on the next upcoming update.
Aerosmith – The upcoming Aerosmith release is now in final testing and will be released this month. KISS updates will follow this Aerosmith update followed by a Ghostbusters update.
Just because a game isn’t listed on here doesn’t mean there can’t be surprises from time to time.
If you would like to join our mailing list for all code updates for any of our games, please send an e-mail to Code.Updates@sternpinball.com to sign up.
Accessories:
The Star Wars topper has been sent and submitted for final approval getting us one step closer to our formal announcement once it’s available. Iron Maiden accessories are all approved and should be available soon for purchase. Deadpool accessories are all approved with the exception of the final topper, but those items will be available for purchase soon. In the meantime, check out the following items currently available for purchase on the Stern Store:
Official Stern Iron Maiden Pro Translite
Official Stern Iron Maiden Premium Translite
Stern Pinball Player Anti-Fatigue Mat
All Stern Pinball accessories are available to purchase from your local retailer – http://www.sternpinball.com/find-a-retailer

So, am I reading too much into this?

It says KISS updates will follow - so, more than one update?!

#4009 11 months ago

New AS code out.

Huge update

Way more hopeful KISS update is going to be good

1 week later
#4018 11 months ago

I have a frustrating fault.

Get the Demon alert message a lot and the coil just starts firing.

If I jiggle these opto wires, it stops. I thought it was the 3rd one but it might be the second one or both....

I am not sure what is going on?

Does an opto need replacing?

Could be a bad connection in the molex connector part?

Thanks

IMG_4083 (resized).jpgIMG_4091 (resized).jpg
#4020 11 months ago

I don't know, but those things are the worst. Basically stern can't create a proper physical ball lock these days. I'd give them a call. They think I have an issue with opto 2 for my demon head. Bought another but haven't put it in yet.
These optos are "occasionally flaky". Unlike a physical switch, they "occasionally" malfunction when they start to go. PITA.

What is your game doing?

I bought some optos as spares as seems like we are going to need them.... receiver and emitter.

#4023 11 months ago

It's weird. I think it's the 2nd opto in the head. First lock is good. Second then works, but causes a long pause. Finally kicks another ball in shooter lane but takes a long time.

Think I have had this.

And sometimes second ball is thrown back into play.

#4024 11 months ago

Think I need to replace opto 2.

Might need to remove Gene head.

Tried a while back and it had me defeated.

Anyone know how to remove it? I tried unscrewing various things under playfield but it just seemed impossible.

#4026 11 months ago
Quoted from Stones:

I thought someone posted how to....I could be wrong....I will do some research....see what I can find

I did a search, looked in manual, no luck.

I tried before and failed.

Thanks

#4028 11 months ago

Continuing with the optos on Gene head.

There are 3 in this pic - and they are in order, 1, 2 and 3.

On the other side the 3 optos, the order is 2, 1 and 3.

Are they meant to be same both side? Could it been put together wrong at factory?

Could this cause lock 2 to malfunction?

Thanks

IMG_4083 (resized).jpg
#4031 11 months ago

Has the Demon lock ever worked properly since you've had it? Have you tried cleaning the optos? Thanks for the clarification.

Second owner but lock 2 always been hit and miss.

How do you clean optos? Soft cloth?

#4036 10 months ago
Quoted from mummite:

I had this same issue with lock2 My wires to that opto were very tight and pulled. I loosened them a bit to give the wires more slack and now do not have the lock2 firing over and over. It is something to do with the wires to that opto. Please update the group as to what you find works for you.

I think my problem is solved now.

Needed a new opto receiver for lock 2.

#4037 10 months ago

Aerosmith v 1.06.0 was released last month, if you didn’t get a chance to check out the big update! KISS updates are currently in development with Ghostbusters still in line after the KISS release.

So KISS is being worked on right now and hopefully this update will be worth waiting for.

I paid attention to KISS Army MB yesterday and it really does feel unfinished so hoping that gets polish.

Wonder if there will be some song balancing?

Doesn't everybody start Deuce, then Lick it Up?

Would be great if they balanced the songs in a way so that Black Diamond gets chosen occasionally!

Should be a nice early Xmas present

Remember they have Keith, Zach, Tim and Lyman to play test so no excuses

#4039 10 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

If you think KISS Army multiball is unfinished, wait until you get to the final VERY DISAPPOINTING Rock City Multiball.
I select Black Diamond every game using the song select bug so I'm hearing BD, but playing Deuce.

Well, they should definitely finish Rock City as it was never really finished.

They did a big update for AS so hopefully KISS will get the same love

1 week later
#4051 10 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

The easiest way to get the cities into the game with the least amount of trouble is to assign a "groupie" or "STD" to each city that modifies the game a little (longer ball save, timed multiplier, spot starchild letters, mystery perk/bummer, etc). Hopefully they considered that.

Sort of like the paths in SW?

Very simple but yes, this would be a great idea.

Maybe reduce the number of cities to around 8.

Even simpler each city gives a note or two for each song.

Every city then has a purpose, without massively altering the game.

#4055 10 months ago

Does anyone know if it normal for this board to make a kind of background interference sound?

When game on and left on, it just makes a similar sound to speaker interference?

Unplugged all the connectors and re-seated - no difference.

Or is this just another thing to accept with Spike boards?

Thanks

IMG_4258 (resized).jpg
#4058 10 months ago