F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scot0308.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2852 6 years ago

Ok, let's get to the bottom of this.

Quoted from HighProtein:

My Intel is a code update coming in...
2 Weeks!

How accurate is your Intel?

Quoted from cscmtp:

I've been told its most likely not going to happen by someone that would know. I have no reason to doubt this person, but hope they are wrong. If true, it really really stinks for all you kiss owners.

How accurate is your intel?

3 weeks later
#2908 6 years ago

Lots of discussion on this thread over the last few days. I'm excited to hear more after the new code is released. This game should be and will be in the top 50 by the end of the summer.

1 week later
#2975 6 years ago

Going camping this holiday weekend. Excited to play updated code when I get back!!!

#3003 6 years ago

Well, in all fairness. Minneapolis pin said in the next couple weeks. That was about a week ago. Based on Stern's code release page they tend not to release code for different games on the same day. There are many instances where code was released for different games the following day, but I agree that releasing code the day before a long weekend is not a good idea. I am still optomistic that it is comming sometime next week.

2 weeks later
#3118 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Time to do mine to. If anyone has tips on how to tear down that area please share.....

Very carefully. Lots of pictures and zip lock bags. Plan to spend a several hours on it. I would consider putting on a playfield protector if you are going to tear it apart. They are great!

2 weeks later
#3165 6 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Well, after just over a year of trouble-free LE ownership, my Demon Lock has stopped working. It registers the lock but just spits the ball out of the head and then goes into ball search on Demon multiball.
Strangely, the first symptom seemed be the arrival of SDTMs, which never happened before.
Anyway, this can only be good news for the rest of you - as knowing my luck, the new code is bound to drop now!

If you're replacing one opto I would just go ahead and replace both. They break all the time on this game. The optos only register the shot not the lock. Sounds like the switch under the VUK isnt registering everytime it goes in there. I would check this first because you can remove it from under the playfield very easily. I had this problem. The sleave was caught so the popup mechanism was a little bit raised, therefore the ball wasnt always hitting the switch. Could also be the pin on the metal popup has come out just enough to get caught on the playfield and isnt fully going down. Fixing the switch is waaaayyyy easier than replacing the optos.

#3168 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I dunno if that's generally true. I have a KISS LE at home and maintain a KISS Premium on location and neither has had a single failed opto since release.

I am suggesting this because when I replaced mine I had to take apart most of the plastics on the right side. It took a couple of hours to take apart and put back together. A replacement is cheap. Might as well order two (shipping costs almost as much as the part) and replace both while its torn apart. If you go through this thread you will find at least twenty people that had the same problem. My time is valuable. With nine pins I need to pick and choose wisely what pin project to tackle next. Might as well mitigate risk is all Im suggesting.

11 months later
#3882 5 years ago

Most on this thread complain about why there haven't been any updates recently. I owned the pro for about a year and thought the game was great. The shots are more satisfying than ACDC (I have a pro), and the rules are more like a 90's williams/ballys title. Why does every game need to be incredibly deep? The shots and theme are what make this game really fun. Rules are good too. If you don't like the simplicity sell it and use the money to buy a game that has a deeper rule set. I suspect the same people that complain about the simplicity will complain about the complexity of a more deep game. Impossible to satisfy most these days.

This game is worth more than the majority of pros so sell it and but a deeper game for less and stop f**ing complaining!

#3889 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

What is wrong with hoping a great game could be made even better with the final update?

I agree, but I also think expectations need to be reasonable. I think Stern should fix reported "bugs", but I don't believe at this point it's reasonable to expect additional functionality. This game is already really fun imo.

I'm a software developer and I can confirm that coding is very expensive. I also have a degree in economics and I understand that as a business it is not feasible to invest more into a product than expected return. Keep in mind any enhancements they make to the game will introduce additional faults, ehich will cost more money to fix. Where will this money come from?

Kiss is already an awesome game. There isn't much they can do without a significant investment to improve the game. I won't hesitate to buy the game back at some point even if code stays the same.

If you like maiden better sell your kiss and buy one.

#3890 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

What is wrong with hoping a great game could be made even better with the final update?
Rules are good but the game would benefit from more polish - more call outs, tidying up the DMD images etc.
And then look at Maiden and see how many Champion awards and compare to KISS.......
Don't you want the game to be made better???!

Quoted from Scot0308:

I agree, but I also think expectations need to be reasonable. I think Stern should fix reported "bugs", but I don't believe at this point it's reasonable to expect additional functionality. This game is already really fun imo.
I'm a software developer and I can confirm that coding is very expensive. I also have a degree in economics and I understand that as a business it is not feasible to invest more into a product than expected return. Keep in mind any enhancements they make to the game will introduce additional faults, ehich will cost more money to fix. Where will this money come from?
Kiss is already an awesome game. There isn't much they can do without a significant investment to improve the game. I won't hesitate to buy the game back at some point even if code stays the same.
If you like maiden better sell your kiss and buy one.

#3896 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

If you are a software developer and have a degree in economics, you'll understand that software "updates" are at the core of almost any product. Phone apps, car apps, TV apps, audio apps, operating systems, firmware, etc. are *constantly* being updated over the Internet. In many instances, automatically. Companies consider this a cost of doing business and improving their product.
If a company like JJP can "find the money" to update software, Stern certainly can! Not about economics or even business model...this is about *motivation*. Unfortunately, Stern's company culture regarding updates is wildly dependent on the lead programmers *motivation* to push for updates. It's been well documented over the years that Lymon Sheets goes the extra mile (even if it means working "after hours") while some other programmers don't. It's just a crap shoot, which is why this is frustrating yet very predictable!
snaroff

Let me get this straight. You think all stern developers should work extra hours to make every game perfect even if the game is no longer in production and results in the company losing money? How would you feel if your boss came up to you and said we need you to work ten extra hours per week indefinetly with no additional pay to make something minutely better? Your business model would put Stern out of business within a couple years.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wentzville, MO
17,225 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scot0308.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code?tu=scot0308 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.