Topic Stats

• 4,231 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by HoneyBadger
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 283 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
Z8QWR8.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#771 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Doesn't make sense to tease the release and then hold it for longer than a week

They teased the Avengers code update for like A YEAR ....

rd

#775 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I have Transformers LE. It's never leaving my collection. I love the machine.

TFLE is a very cool game. I put a 10" sub in mine and the sound is just awesome. Possible coolest sound in a pin ever. DEEVVESSATTORRRRRRRR!!!

rd

#848 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Tomorrow...the answer is always tomorrow when it comes to the KISS code.

Tomorrow
Tomorrow
The code drops tomorrow
It's only ... A day ... Awaaaayyyyyy

image_(resized).jpeg

#865 3 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

They should release it and let their customers do the testing

And listen to all the bitching?

Doubtful.

rd

1 week later
#1065 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I thought KISS didnt partake?

Gene has never done booze or drugs.

Paul used to, and still drinks socially.

Peter and Ace are infamous for their 1970s-80s excesses. But both are on the wagon now.

rd

#1245 3 years ago

Cue thread silence for 2 hours while everyone scurries off to download and install the new code ...

rd

#1318 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Kiss code had been neglected more than any other machine in recent memory

Ummmm .. Avengers?

Quoted from Cobray:

The launch code was a joke

Ummmm .. XMen?

You KISS guys have had it sweet compared to us owners of the above two machines did.

rd

#1420 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I really hope Lonnie Ropp doesn't do the code on Star Wars.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I have one question for Lonnie

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Do we know who is coding the game? Is it still Lonnie?
I say the next game Lonnie codes, everyone should boycott.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I really hope Lonnie redeems himself. After the Star Trek and KISS fiasco with the code, I have no intentions of ever buying another machine he codes again

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Secondly, any new machine going forward that is coded by Lonnie is on my do not buy list

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It's to the point where I feel like I'm being mocked for buying a Lonnie coded game.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one boycotting future games that have Lonnie on code

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

With all of these ideas being thrown around, they should remove Lonnie from the project and put you guys on it.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I wasn't around for that X-Men debacle...can you fill me in on what exactly happened?
If I had to guess, Lonnie released broken code...what a shocker

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm not buying another Lonnie game (unless it's Star Wars).

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm done with any game Lonnie is lead code.
Some of the employees are so lucky I'm not in charge. The whole marketing team and Lonnie would be fired over t

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What has 2 thumbs and hates Lonnie & Stern's marketing department?
THIS GUY!

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Does anyone think Stern realizes they now have created a situation where people will not purchase a game strictly based on who the programmer is

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I wish Stern would hire me as a consultant...I just want to ask Lonnie the following..."what would you say you do around here?

Wow man. Enough with the personal attacks.

Talk about coming off as a spoiled baby.

Lonnie Ropp is an employee. He does what his bosses tell him to do. He's not sitting in his office plotting to piss off some self entitled Pinside jerks.

According to IPDB, Ropp has programmed 89 pinball titles. Whats your pinball legacy?

rd

#1426 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

rd, usually you are pretty spot on. But in this case, the lead programmer deserves the flack, not the guy that spent the money to buy the product.

Tend to disagree, as the guy is doing what he is told to do.

Rather than repeatedly personally insulting the guy, the poster would be better served picking up the phone and calling Dave Peterson, the guy who owns the company, and ask him about it. He's the guy calling the shots and paying the bills.

rd

#1463 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

and does not help fight against cancer and other illnesses

Derek's on the good stuff if he thinks dope fights cancer.

rd

#1486 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It definitely doesn't fight cancer, but it does alleviate the side effects of chemotherapy

And there we go.
http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam/hp/cannabis-pdq#link/_73_toc

Quoted from TomGWI:

I'm all for someone in pain taking it for health reasons but for recreational use not so much.
I don't care if anyone does use it in the their homes either, I just don't want it around me.

100%, on both counts.

Now, back to the code moaning.

rd

#1490 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Some very interesting things coming down the pipe with this plant

It makes good clothing.

rd

#1493 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Disagree Dave, go back to 2014 and you'll see an even longer "Where is the X-Men code" thread." Though, people piled on that programmer quite a bit as well so you might have a point.

Oh yeah, Waison got it full on. It was his first pin too.

But that one ended up pretty good in the end.

rd

7 months later
#2104 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Too bad Jersey Jack doesn't own Stern.

Unfortunately I don't think Jersey Jack owns all of Jersey Jack. So I can't see that happening anytime soon.

Back to KISS ... what do people propose the cities are used for?

My hunch is that the cities would just change the callouts ... "hello Cleveland!" etc, to personalise the gameplay. I don't think there would be like 5 levels to each mode ... ie you have to play Deuce once in each city to complete it. That'd be silly. Maybe you could be "city champion" or something ... ie complete the most songs in Cleveland or something.

I have a hunch that the game is pretty much "as planned" at this point. But what do I know ... I'm just guessing same as everyone else.

rd

1 month later
#2299 2 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Not defending Aerosmith or Kiss, but that comparison can be done with the same results in almost any pinball with a fan layout.

Exactly. Put it on any Ritchie game like No Fear ... exactly the same.

rd

2 weeks later
#2353 2 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Same thing with Transformers. I have one and the usual reaction is "It's not very good is it ?" Until they play it. It's amazing how many edge back over to it for 'just one more game'.

Exactly. Kiss and TF are cool games.

People come to my place and play them and always say "hey that's a cool game"

People believe everything they read on the internet. The recent election is good proof of this. You guys banging on about kiss code is for sure wrecking the games value.

GOT has way more buggy code than KISS. KISS may need a little polish but at least the side lane ball saves work properly ... unlike GOT.

rd

#2355 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

And once a game gets thrashed for so long the value will most likely never rise again ,like x men le

Yep, exactly. XMen, avengers, transformers, kiss ... Screwed forever.

XMen is a stunning game now. It's code was shithouse initially but it's a sweet game now.

If you read the KISS rule sheet on TILT (as I just did) KISS is pretty much complete. Solid game. Remove the Cities from the start of the game and finish what is there and she's done.

I asked before (maybe in this thread) what people wanted the Cities to do. Didn't get one answer. As I said at the time, I suspect that the cities were only going to change the call outs (hello Pittsburgh!) so people could "personalise" the gameplay a little.

rd

2 weeks later
#2494 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I am a huge KISS fan, but the game sucks as it is. Let's be honest. It's boring as hell.

Disagree. I have a pro, I set it up mean, it's a challenge to play it and set a high score.

Quoted from Pickle:

So...while we are waiting for Kiss code to drop I thought I would ask folks to share their rarest or coolest Kiss collectible

I don't have many collectables (aside from 100 pinball machines I don't have many possessions at all TBH..) ... but I have a mint "as new" program from the huge 1980 KISS concert at Western Springs in Auckland, NZ that I got from a guy who was there.

rd

#2504 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Custom made Ibanez Iceman guitar.

Cool! My brother used to have a genuine Gene Simmons Punisher bass when we played in the NZ KISS tribute band.

I was the Vinnie Vincent character so I just used my reverse headstock Jackson 88.

rd

1 month later
#2794 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Let's be real. The current code is not bad. It just needs a few big fixes and lets integrate the cities with a US tour/ world tour mode. Real simple

I haven't seen it reported anywhere ... which is surprising ... but at the Stern TPF seminar, GG was asked about the KISS code update.

He said it was coming (or words to that effect) and then went out of his way to bring up the Cities and how the forums thought they were unfinished code.

He stressed that the Cities were only ever supposed to be "personalisation" for a player (ie change the call outs WELCOME CHICAGO! Etc) and were never going to do anything but that. Which is what I said months ago.

Just another case of the internet grabbing an idea and running with it, I guess. Which has ultimately damaged the reputation of an otherwise solid enough game, and hit each of you in the pocket of you want to sell the game.

rd

#2808 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

"As is" Kiss is a good game, with some setting tweaks i think its a great game, with a code update it could be a masterpiece

Herein lies the problem.

Everyone who buys an NIB these days expects it to be a "masterpiece"

You're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you go into buying a game with that mindset.

There have been 1000s of pinball titles made. How many are "masterpieces"?

A handful at best. If there are any. Games are what they are.

rd

#2814 2 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

A way cooler mode to add would be a "Band Member Change" mode, or a "Substance Abuse" mode, or even a "What the hell can we put our name on, and market" mode

I suggested this way back at the start, surprising it didn't get more traction.

- Black Ace in Phantom of the Park mode: when Ace leaves the set to get more drugs, get the black dude to substitute in the movie, nobody will notice

- Where's Criss at? mode

- Ace and Peter dress up as Nazis mode

- The "revenge era was the best KISS era" mode ... defend yourself from beatings from the old dudes who think Ace and Peter are gods gift

I could go on for days ....

rd

#2821 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Ride with VV and Paul as they get into a fistfight back stage

- watch Gene and Paul fume stage side as VV does a 30 minute long solo break in front of his friends and family on the Creatures tour ...

rd

#2825 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

"....in front of his friends and family who he happened to have tag along on Gene and Paul's dime."

Exactly.

Next minute he has a deep freeze full of dead cats.

Strange indeed ....

rd

1 month later
#2864 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

No a fan of Lonnie code, but you're overstating by quite a bit. KISS code is overall better and more complete than Aerosmith currently, and everyone is fawning over that. Both games are essentially shoot the colored/flashing arrow, with little story at all. The Aero LCD has them hyp-mo-tized

So true.

The KISS code isn't too bad at all.

I do like some aspects of the AS code ... ie when you finish a mode, you automatically get "Super something" rather than a random award from the scoop.

In saying that, a final polish and clean up is needed, just to finish KISS off.

rd

#2867 2 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

KISS Pro vs Ghostbusters Pro anyone? I've had Ghostbusters since release and looking at moving it on ready for Star Wars....I still want a KISS Pro down the track.

Hmmmmm ... 50/50 there I would say.

Would come down to personal theme preference I'd think.

Lots of people like GB but it's a flawed game. Same modes all the time (WHO BOUGHT THE DOOOOOGGGGGG?) SDTM from out of the pops, crazy scoring in some modes, not to mention the "all or nothing" skill shots.

KISS is a lot more meat and potatoes.

Play some KISS and see if you like it ...

rd

#2876 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Is it THAT close? Correct me if I am wrong but modes on AS go for 30 seconds unless you extend time.
Then you can hit the scoop to change song/mode

That's correct ... and a lot of people are moaning that they don't have enough time to finish the AS songs before the timer ends. In the AS thread lots of guys say they have increased the song timers.

Stern can't win lol. Someone's gonna moan either way.

rd

#2878 2 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Right on point, I hope this bug thread is looked at and addressed, very informative and with a little polish on the code this game will become a classic and will sell many more units!

I don't know about a "classic" ... but it can certainly become a "solid title" and they can sell some more units, for sure.

rd

#2900 2 years ago

SDTM = straight down the middle.

STDM = straight the down middle.

rd

#2945 2 years ago

On the latest Chris Jericho podcast (Talk is Jericho) he talks to Paul Stanley about the 25th anniversary of the Revenge album.

Interestingly, they say the only KISS item in Paul's house is a Stern KISS pinball. Because it matches the decor.

Very good listen if you are a KISS fan. Especially when Jericho brings up Vinnie Vincent and Paul just doesn't want to go there at all lol!

rd

1 week later
#3062 2 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Code...this is why I am embarassed when people play my KISS...has nothing to do with code. Wish they would fix the mechanical problems first. my first game in weeks ball 2.

Sorry to tell you, but they ain't coming round to your place to fix it.

Likely you need to adjust the switch/VUK mech which is accessible underneath the playfield.

It looks like the switch knows the ball is there, so look at the VUK coil, make sure the wires are ok, the plug connections are tight, etc. Then you can run the coil test and check it out.

rd

1 week later
#3104 2 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I quite like Lonnie's games. Are the modes similar to Transformers ? I REALLY like Transformers by the way.

Yep, some of them are similar.

Transformers is a fun game .. the best part about it is the sounds. I put a 10" sub in my one and it shakes the house.

DEVVVVESTATORRRRRRRRRRR!!!

rd

1 week later
#3149 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I had the same issue, it turned out to be a broken wire on the optical sensor.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/9#post-3637981

I also had trouble with the opto in Genes head, firstly there was bent wire by the opto which was broken inside, which made the opto intermittent ... cut it back and resoldered that ... then a few weeks later it played up again. Tracked it to a faulty molex connector where the optos plug in. Tweaked that and it's been fine since.

I also had an issue with the VUK switch ... took it out, reset the switch location and away she went again.

rd

1 week later
#3161 2 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Stop posting unfounded rumours

We could post "stay tuned" every couple of days ....

rd

#3164 2 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Well, after just over a year of trouble-free LE ownership, my Demon Lock has stopped working. It registers the lock but just spits the ball out of the head and then goes into ball search on Demon multiball.
Strangely, the first symptom seemed be the arrival of SDTMs, which never happened before.
Anyway, this can only be good news for the rest of you - as knowing my luck, the new code is bound to drop now!

Check the opto switches as mentioned in a previous post, then check the little mechanical switch at the VUK.

rd

#3167 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I dunno if that's generally true. I have a KISS LE at home and maintain a KISS Premium on location and neither has had a single failed opto since release.

I've never had a failed Stern opto.

Usually just bad connections.

rd

1 week later
#3197 2 years ago

Detroit ... Lopp city!

I was just playing the game and this tune popped into my head. I will never be able to unhear it now ..

rd

1 week later
#3216 2 years ago

It'd be a bummer if it is finished with ... however I slammed out 10 games in a row yesterday and I still enjoy the game as it is.

I have mine set up competition tough, and it is a challenging game. Probably why they have had it in A bank at PAPA this year. From memory, they'd taken out the side posts altogether on that game. It was very tough.

rd

#3218 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

If and that's a big IF someone could add code and LCD to Kiss that would be awesome.....Should have had an LCD to begin with.

I could be a smart ass and say if you want a KISS with LCD, buy an Aerosmith.

rd

2 weeks later
#3332 2 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Code will not matter. My game is pretty unplayable because of the awful gene head. Ball wont register, gets stuck, etc. I very very rarely play but usually the same ends in the device malfunction. Basically a big paperweight. Looks cool turned on with the topper though.

Fix it!

If you can't fix it, get the company who sold it to you to come fix it for you.

It'll be either the Opto or the VUK switch, or the plugs. Simple enough once you know where to look. Good luck with it!

rd

#3343 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don't know how bad the code is

In reality, it's not bad at all.

rd

1 week later
#3446 2 years ago

Not only do I like KISS, it's 7 year old Carters favourite game too.

rd

IMG_6755 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#3519 2 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Ace sold the rights to the Spaceman character to Gene and Paul so I wonder if he received any of the money

You just answered your own question.

are

#3534 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Not only do I like KISS, it's 7 year old Carters favourite game too.
rd

Some might remember this photo from a while back ... 7 year old Carter always went out and played KISS whenever he came around.

IMG_7100 (resized).JPG

Now, he's turned into this huge KISS fan! Totally unprompted by me ... he's just totally into it. He found my Second Coming DVD and is watching it hard out, and he wants to dress as Gene for Halloween, ("I need Demon boots!") ... what a classic.

So it goes to show that themed pinball machines are doing their job, and attracting new fans for the theme! Gene will be happy!

Check out his drawing he gave me yesterday .....

rd

IMG_7099 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#3594 1 year ago
Quoted from joekiss:

The topper is by far the best part of the machine. Playing it is the worst. Took the Gene head apart and it still doesnt work. All switches test out. It hasnt worked right since I took the machine out of the box. I have the premium. Im stuck with it as a KISS fan.

There’s nothing in that head that can’t be fixed. If you can’t do it, get your distributor to come fix it!!

Life is too short to have a broken game. Make it so!

rd

#3595 1 year ago

I thought you KISS guys might like this:

Today’s Paul Stanley experience.

Today we went for a big walk around Hollywood and Melrose, as we like to do. You see so much more of a city just walking everywhere. We went to The Grove shopping centre to see the new Thor movie, and I saw a sign at Barnes and Noble that said Paul Stanley was going to sign the new KISS book at 7pm. So I go to check it out ... I’m not the stalker fanboy type at all, but what the hell, we haven’t got anything better to do ... so I buy the huge book (not bad deal for $55 too, I honestly thought it’d be $100+ knowing KISS...) and get my wristband for the signing. The guy said they were expecting 250 people there, so I lined up just after 6pm behind about 50 others. They made an announcement that Paul didn’t like hand shakes, only fist bumps, and only the KISS books were allowed to be signed, nothing else. And no posing for photos, only ones from the queue.

Just after 7, Paul and Lynn Goldsmith (the photographer) came out of a side room and started signing. My guess is there were about 100-120 people there.
Of course, there was some photo posing going on, despite the organiser guy trying to hurry things along. Paul was chatty to most people, in the 30 seconds they were allowed to stand there.

Finally my turn came up ... got my book, walked up to Paul and hit him with a fistpump and said “hi Paul, all the way from New Zealand ...”
“New Zeeeeeland! We haven’t been there for a while ... we’ll be coming back down there soon”
“Oh yeah, that’s cool. I’ve seen you quite a few times in Australia as well”
“Aaaasome! We’ll be back down there soon and I’ll be looking out for you!”
“Aaaaahh ok. Cool. Thanks Paul! Thanks Lynn!” *fistpumps*
And that was it. Lol

My rock star moment of the day.

Then we went to Canters (the famous deli where GnR hung out with Mark Canter) and had a Pastrami Reuben. Bloody good it was too.

rd

7538D512-2E35-489C-BDA5-00980A297163 (resized).jpeg

2547256E-6687-441A-86FA-4D9159BA96E7 (resized).jpeg

30688C58-E72B-4B2F-878D-6E6AC6285BAD (resized).jpeg

68586895-5821-4529-81FD-C2F74C92212D (resized).jpeg

48C82200-9A64-4448-BBFA-34A77D2B1FC2 (resized).jpeg

#3596 1 year ago

Oh yeah ... remember young Carter who I mentioned has become this Crazy KISS fan since he played my pinball?

Here he is on Halloween! Lol!

rd

59F5A376-2C5F-42EC-A164-A263C15F07B9 (resized).jpeg

#3607 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I have met Ace twice. And probably the hardest one to meet is Peter Criss. I got to meet him once.

Ive met Gene before, in Australia. This would have been around 2002 ish I guess, on the reunion tour where Singer replaced Criss.

Good story that one .. we went to a show in Melbourne and they were handing out flyers after the show for a “KISS after party ... the band might show up!” at a nightclub.

So we say, what the hell, let’s head along. It’s in a nice club in the Crown casino. We are there for a while, and then Gene walks in. He comes right up to us and talks a little. He has a very effeminate handshake! Then he goes upstairs to the VIP mezzanine area. All the band arrived seperately over the next hour, but they all went straight upstairs. We could see them all up there with about 30 VIPs.

We didn’t have access to the upstairs area, but I was joking to the bouncer that he should let us up there. He was laughing, “no way” etc etc. After about half an hour, he turned away for a second and I whipped up the stairs behind him. He looked up at the mezzanine and I waved down at him ... he shook his fist at me but he knew he was beaten and he let me stay up there. Sweet!

I went to go to the bathroom and walk head on into Ace! He was staggering out the door with a minder holding him up, he was so drunk. “Hi Ace!” “Bleeerrghhh!!” he replied. Lol!

Singer was sitting in a booth with some people, he didn’t look super happy to be there so I left him to it. Doc McGee, Thayer, they were all there. I just hung out and drunk the free drinks.

Fun times! So many stories ... I forget I’ve done half of this shit.

rd

2 weeks later
#3643 1 year ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Total shame that Geno's infamous Fox News meeting wasn't recorded.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-bans-kiss-frontman-gene-simmons-for-life

That’s pretty funny ...

rd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 11.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside