Topic Stats

• 4,231 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 days ago by HoneyBadger
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 283 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
Z8QWR8.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from fliperz:

This thread needs a poll asking about if everyone thinks Stern abandoned this game, bad enough about the whole saucer eject dribble out, but damn camon stern.

well the ball hits the plastic above it. youd think the would redesign it and send everyone a kit. just bad all around. no code updates, no service kits/bulletins to deal with issues. pretty lame and if you complain you get downvoted.

#45 3 years ago

very very bad work stern, passed on got le, passed on spiderman ve, passing on ghostbuster le (dont care how good it is) i am in on heighway aliens le with full throttle playfield swap. gonna look at getting smaug se when they start shipping. i know you really dont care. but just my 2 cents. 8 mos is very long wait for code on a new release. status quo is not acceptable.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Will the new Kiss code remove the gigantic Gene Simmons head toy? If so, I might buy the game.

Seriously man? I'm sick of this whiny baby crap. Freaking Stern just updated Avengers, WWE, and Star Trek within the last 10 months! STOP posting this crap. And quit bashing Stern. Do you want to go back to the days when we had one manufacturer and the hobby was nearly dead? Sorry guys but I'm totally sick of threads and posts like this. Go get a better job and buy a few more games. Stop blaming Stern for your pinball dysfunction.

yeah avengers after how many years? wwe how many months? why attack the frustrated buyers? these code delays are just awful customer service. bad enough you have to repair and tweak a nib game when you get it, but the delay in code is just not acceptable. the way stern is producing pins, they better start building pins with better code and updating the code much sooner.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

My last comment in the thread. I did not say I was frustrated with you guys being frustrated with Stern. I merely said that saying that Stern is abandoning KISS is a flat out lie and that there are ways to express your discontent. That's all.

i am not saying that stern is abandoning kiss but they need to do a better job adressing code updates. we all know that is a problem. a recent post is also concerning operators who are losing money because kiss isnt being played as often. i dont rely on pins for money but there are people whos lives are impacted when the games do not produce income. i am glad i am not in that predicament.
kiss owners know a code is coming but the delay is really ridiculous. i will admit that i have faith the new code will really be good btw.

#65 3 years ago

yeah the jokes on kiss owners

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from gamestencils:

Doesn't matter what stern does, someone is going to complain. They have been updating pins left and right the last few months, if anyone truly believes stern has abandoned kiss you probably are paying a little too much attention to the garbage written on the internet.
They can't work on every single game all at the same time, and their recent history shows that not only will there be an update there will be a big one. Just relax, play some pinball and enjoy the game. If the game's code is going to be a concern for you simply don't buy it next time until you feel it's not.
Everyone that buys a pinball machine knows the state it is in, you also do not get any promises whatsoever when or how frequently there will be updates. There of course will be updates, but if you have expectations of some kind of timeline that meets what YOU want, you should simply wait on the purchase.

8 months to update a pin is totally unacceptable and I refuse to buy anymore till this changes. I cant understand how anybody defends this type behavior!!

1 week later
#99 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Hey Stern hope you are reading this topic...... please announce something with the KISS pinball to save all us owners hanging for a long time

i really dont think they care.
they sold a bunch and still selling a ton of new games.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why do you think this? I know for a fact stern reads these threads and takes a lot of things into consideration. Some things just take time.

building highways and bridges takes time. don't make excuses for stern. they are making more pins and focusing on their new stuff and putting their sold pins on standbye. 8 months is totally unexceptable. if they read this....no got for me, no spidey ve, no ghostbusters. I wont buy another incomplete pin from them. it took tim skelly of cinematronics 3 months to create games with punch cards on an old computer station.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

I sympathize for you.
We, the owners wwe, it has been 14 months and still no complete code.
Not even a real update of the code.

really really bad customer service......

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

C'mon Stern, today is the day!
Tomorrow is the IFPA Provincial Championships. What a great way to show off new code, and have it tested by the best around.

show us some lovin', kiss code for valentines weekend!!

#152 3 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

What is pathetic:
is when publients new code for already complete Pinball
it is when they are advertising to sell new pinball machines and new accessories (valentine 10%)
It's sad

shove it up your ass stern. btw wouldnt buy a ghostbusters if i had 100 million to throw away thats how angry i am. i havent sold my kiss because i dont want to take the loss and after 8 months i guess ill stick it out. i was actually thinking of selling my centaur to make a spot for my walking dead that a friend of mine repaired for me. might just fold up the kiss and put it away till the code comes. with no timeline or any details on new code its probably the route ill take.

image_(resized).jpg

#155 3 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

On the one hand you tell Stern to shove it and then you give them a big old juicy plug above???

CMON MAN ITS NOT A PLUG ITS JUST HOW FRIGGIN STUPID TO OFFER 10 PERCENT ON THEIR SHIT THEY ARE SELLING FANBOYS

#202 3 years ago

I don't understand. there are probably 10s of thousands of I phone apps and thousands of programmers. yet stern cant write code on a pinball in under a year? I mean you have your pin expert/designer tell the code writers, we need this to happen when the metal ball hits this switch etc etc. I used to work for a licensed electrician, he would come to work place with a chalk and mark everything he needed done and we would go to town. he would go on to next job. when we would finish he would certify the job with his license. its called delegating.

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Creating fun is different than what an electrician does.

try playing your pin unplugged than

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There are a lot of horrible analogies in this thread.
Lets recap:
-Coding pinball has nothing to do with factory production
-Coding pinball is different than coding iPhone apps
-Coding pinball has literally nothing to do with how an electrician approaches their work.

are you related to gary stern?
fact, i paid 7600 for stern kiss le with beta code
fact, 8 mos later and no code update
fact, get me my new code (in time) and I will be a happy returning customer.
fact, at this point I will never buy another nib stern.

#285 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Fact: it has been this way for 10 titles prior to kiss.
Fact: it's been well documented and discussed that it was this way.
Fact: you chose to ignore all of that and buy right away anyway instead of waiting till code was solid.
Fact: no one honestly feels sorry for you.
I'm really not trying to be a dick. Just burnt out on beating this dead horse. Everyone does this again and again, they buy the next title thinking " it will be different this time around, it has to be different this time" then when it's not? Bitch, bitch, bitch. I'm not defending stern but also the definition of insanity is doing the samething over and over and expect different results.

fact: I am new to pins so forgive my ignorance......I was not aware that a 7500 pin took 2 years to complete. caveat emptor

1 week later
#301 3 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

its so close....i can feel it, right around the corner. A huge update...do you feel it ?

we were told December. jan. feb. I guess march maybe? glad I am getting my walking dead le back after getting repaired. kiss le not getting played at all....

#302 3 years ago

dupe
no code for us in feb !

#309 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I did not realize people bought pinball machines for their toppers. I learned something new again today.
I wish Stern the best, but they are continuing to lose trust in customers and operators.

I am glad my livelihood doesn't rely on stern code updates. feel bad for the operators.

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Think whatever you want. I didn't buy the game for the topper. That's a really silly statement and a very odd way to interpret what I was saying.

enjoy your pin and modding it. good for you. that's the fun part is making it exclusive to your tastes.

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I don't really consider that a mod more of an accessory. Am I incorrect?

ok, accessory. not trolling you just saying enjoy accessorizing or modding your pin to your tastes.

#316 3 years ago

so a code update is an accessory ^^^^^^

stern please make more "accessories"!!!

#338 3 years ago

we will see if they release this tomorrow. my father used to say "when the eagle shits"

#351 3 years ago

they have to focus on whats coming down the line. they will get to this when they have the time. money already spent. why bother right?

#416 3 years ago

I saw 11 new posts and thought a new kiss code was here!

#476 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Where is the KISS code ?
BUMP

its being worked on and s/b here "soon"

#488 3 years ago

How Long Does It Take to Build a Single-Family Home? The 2014 Survey of Construction (SOC) from the Census Bureau shows that the average completion time of a single-family house is around 7 months, which usually includes around 25 days from authorization to start and another 6 months to finish the construction.

how long does it take for stern to make a new pinball code? 9 months and counting!!!

1 week later
#600 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Good that you enjoy it. But the code is weak right now. Weak as hell. Like...beta weak. It doesn't even have outlane sounds or use the city features at all.

the pin isn't getting played by me. thank goodness for mettalica and my got pro. if the code drops in may, ghostbusters le's might be delivered before the new code.

#756 3 years ago

I am anticipating this kiss code to be released real soon. I worked on kiss this weekend. added a shaker motor, leds, Detroit rock city sign, ramp lighting in back, kiss decal on top of the flippers, cleaned and waxed, new pinball life shiny balls and played it about 10 times. this game can be really good with some new code.
kiss topper on order, I got the yellow cover for the topper from pinball life to go with it. it really is one great looking pin.

#759 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Someone should be held accountable at Stern for teasing KISS code. Marketing 101: Don't troll your customers.

i really cant understand why they would have done this except that maybe the code was gonna be released friday and then something happened to delay the release. still pretty bad.

#896 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

On their Facebook page, they said that over the next few days and over the weekend, they will be play testing the new code and to hopefully release it next week.
Absolutely no reason for the teases over the past week.

they are "play testing" it now? what a joke!! musta been correct they found a flaw and trying to get it worked out asap!!

#899 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

You heard it here first. We all know who is doing the code. Watch them find one bug after another. They'll have to go back to the drawing board. In 6 months, we will finally get an update.

football season by the time code comes out

#900 3 years ago

i was really getting bored with kiss. decided to put a shaker motor and some mods, pinblades, leds, sling protectors, Detroit rock city sign.
gotta shake it up.

image_(resized).jpg

#905 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

?????
They said hopefully next week. Key word being hopefully.

the check is in the mail and I wont.........

1 week later
#1173 3 years ago

if the kiss code isn't great, there is gonna be a sh#t storm!

#1412 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

You might be out of warranty when that happens, by the time you fix all your warranty issues like decals falling off, cracked ramps, blown node boards and a few more other issues you wil be ready for the update. Heck a pin side member on here had to send his entire machine back, just sayin. At least by the time I get back from deployment they will most likely have worked out the bugs of the next code release lol

thank you for your service, you have also helped me out with kiss issues and improvements. I cant believe stern banned you from their facebook site. I believe you are an asset for them and should applaud you!!

#1516 3 years ago

420 is weed, 4/21 still no kiss code.

#1566 3 years ago

new code? more like an updated old (beta) code. i expected a hell of alot more.

1 month later
#1689 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

I actually heard it was the 23rd of this month when chook lotto happens in the factory. They all sit on the floor spin a dice and decide when it will happen. The chooks get handed out at the end of the night when the date is decided before they head down to the pub to blow off the froth off a couple .. fair dinkum I reckon that what happens as this sheila at Stern told me so after playin possum with me the other night while we were watchin the crocs down near the billabong munch on some killer koala bears ...

bloke, stern is a bludger when it comes to code. you are such a dag.

#1692 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Well at least i dont look like the east side of a west bound camel

dont like my aussie slang?

#1694 3 years ago

this weekend I picked up a twilight zone. played the hell outa it. jeeze after loving the kiss pin and ok with new code, now it feels like a turd. I am pretty disappointed in the new code. holding off buying new sterns, gotta look at adams family, tom, older cool stuff that is new to me. the next code has to be a big update, or people gonna bail on this title.

1 month later
#1732 3 years ago

funny thing is the code update was the way the game should have shipped (at very least). i am in for the long haul as i love the artwork, the topper light show and actually like the music. the art and sound package is a 10 the actual gameplay/ current code is a 5. i still feel i was screwed by stern on this one and have gone a different route and got a tz pin to fill a spot (passed on spiderman ve, got le because of this). looking for tom, adams family, totan, cftbl on future purchases. i did get in on gb le but from what i hear the code on release is pretty decent. still waiting anxiously for new code. i think it was one of sterns best releases and for them not to get the code out on this one is a mistake on their part. i am hoping next code can be a big change and get the pin back on track. right now kiss pin is thought of as a turd. i have seen sales of this pin linger on threads at low prices. not good.

#1742 3 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Why? Game shoots great, has decent rules and gorgeous art. Just needs polish in the code. To me a turd is a game like avengers where the physical layout sucks.

most people that come over and play it for first time thinks its ok. they always say ohh its not as bad as people think. i personally think the gameplay is ok like you said the the ramps are smooth. needs to be fine tuned some more.

1 week later
#1753 3 years ago

relax kiss pinball is finished. no ghosting issues. call it a day or a year!

#1756 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

It's definitely not done. With a number of confirmed bugs and incomplete features (cities), it definitely needs at least a little more polish.

i agree and am hoping for major code.

1 week later
#1768 3 years ago

havent played it in a while.waiting for new code to drop.

#1794 2 years ago

when stern involved very true, any day now!

1 week later
#1825 2 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Maybe they'll release new KISS code when they start making KISS with the new color display? Too soon?

hope they throw us some code this labor day weekend. havent played my kiss in months

#1835 2 years ago

once they get your money, they can take their sweet time issuing code. that's the problem.

#1847 2 years ago

No code for Labor Day bump

2 weeks later
#1856 2 years ago

they are too busy with new pins to do anything with kiss right now. stern DGAF!

#1875 2 years ago

havent played mine in a month. needs code stat!
really really poor work stern!

#1903 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

interesting. Our lowest earning Stern of all the ones we have on route.

hes always out with the pompoms for stern. gary and he MUST be related.

#1906 2 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

I'm ready to trade mine. This is taking too long and the fun factor is starting to wear on me. Anyone have an ACDC to trade?

like trading a bar of silver for the same size bar of gold.

#1918 2 years ago

kiss code dropping soon? maybe. will it be good? maybe.

hope it drops soon and i hope the new code is really good.

1 week later
#1968 2 years ago

really really poor job by stern.
gonna be buying an alien pin with full throttle extra playfield and hopefully jjp #3. voting with my wallet. not gonna buy any new sterns till they start dropping code and making a page on their website with status of codes.
waiting for you stern i know you lurk here.

#1973 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Ya man! Why are you up so early thinking about codes?

making money to buy some pins.

1 month later
#2103 2 years ago

kiss code for thanksgiving........................2017 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2116 2 years ago

the check is in the mail and you know the rest.
my thinking was to have one spot in the arcade and rotate a new stern every 6 months . now i refuse to buy any new stern. my gb le, with all the defects really was the last straw. stern only worries about the new money. i find it disrespectful that the code was never done. the last update to me was no update at all. its the code that should have shipped with the pin in the first place. vote with your wallets. i have an alien le paid in full.
just got a tom. many great classic pins out there to chose from. i am gonna keep kiss in the meantime as it really is a great looking pin. hoping for the best and for stern to do the right thing.

IMG_9016 (resized).JPG

IMG_9015 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#2171 2 years ago

they are busy with new sales. kiss is on back burner. thats the way stern does business. hope for a update late 2017.

1 week later
#2216 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Kimspinball sell a lighting mod for the love gun ball trick,I believe it is around 40.00,helps a lot,I have lots of fun with my kiss and will hold for as long as it takes,nothing new here,I did it with lots of other stern games

they have a very nice back box light kit also. this is one of the nicest looking pins. gonna play it this weekend and give it some love!

#2220 2 years ago

I think many people holding on to kiss rather than let go for under 6k, I know I am. hoping for new code.

#2229 2 years ago

that would really be a good pr move to get this code out asap. a good code though.

#2248 2 years ago

what code are they working on? I mean a 15,000 batman sle shipped with .6 beta code. its a disgrace, like they just dgaf. you got to be kidding!!!??

#2271 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

It seems like they only care about coding new releases enough to get them playable.
Once they've got sales coming in for a title with unfinished code, it's on to the next game, put in minimal amount of code to make it function, get some new sales and forget about the rest.

batman 66 sle came with .6 beta code, a 15000.00 pin!!! tells you how much they really care. Gomez has promised a code release every 2 weeks until bm66 is done. i will believe it when i see it!

kiss will probably have one more update but i don't see it anytime soon.

#2282 2 years ago

more like aerokiss with .59 beta code.

#2285 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why would you think Aerosmith is running .59 beta code when it was done last summer?

a 15000 bm sle with beta, will have to wait and see, don't be surprised.

1 week later
#2322 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How many KISS owners plan on buying Aerosmith?

you mean aerokiss?

not me!
this pin 90 percent kiss rehash!

3 weeks later
#2438 2 years ago

i will never buy another stern till kiss is finished.
bought a very nice ss yesterday.
my last recent purchases:
ss
totan
tom
whirlwind
time machine
de st 25
twilight zone

enough already.

IMG_0060 (resized).JPG

IMG_0064 (resized).JPG

#2445 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Isn't TOTAN's code unfinished?

don't you have mods to sell and don't need to piss off your customers?

#2446 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Isn't TOTAN's code unfinished?

I don't know, seems very good to me compared to kiss, sparky.

1 week later
#2559 2 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

They could care less. No update is coming.

and no new business from me and many more kiss owners!

#2561 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

another day another BM66 code release...Crickets on KISS...Flood their FB page! I suggest being polite though...

i love how they brag about their code release .69 really. wowwwww
you pat yourselves on the back for releasing another beta code batch.
finish coding your damn pins already.

#2573 2 years ago

stern working on kiss code=i am working on an anti-gravity device.

2 weeks later
#2645 2 years ago

you see many ruffled feathers on the bm66 code thread. Gomez promised code would be updated every 2 weeks. this aint happening.
stern wont change till they see their sales drop. its all up to YOU! don't buy nib, if you are not happy with the code situation.

I am not confident another kiss code will be released. if it happens great, if not, I will just move forward.

#2677 2 years ago

it (the code) needs to he finished because thats what i paid for.
stop making excuses. please.
myself and many people i know arent buying another stern till this code gets finished. i really couldnt care less, played bm66 and its meh, played aerosmith and it better but no excitement for any of these. i am saving a ton of money might get a a vette instead.

#2691 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Stern can't keep up with demand. You need to recruit more friends into your boycott.

idgaf my money is safe.

2 weeks later
#2753 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not trolling. I think Stern is doing a fine job and nobody else has come anywhere close to accomplishing what they are doing. This always gets lost in the complaints about code. As far as KISS, that game is far more "complete" than any of you want to admit. They should just get rid of the city choices and call it a day.

try selling a kiss right now. a kiss le wouldnt fetch more than a wwe le.
everyone knows code is weak. like i have promised, no more new sterns for me until this code updated. i know stern doesnt care and really i dont either.
thats the best a big company like stern can do? i would tell gary and gomez to go fuck themselves if i ever saw them in person this has me so pissed.

#2776 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bullshit. I'd LOVE to buy a KISS LE - right now - for $5,000. I'd love to buy a pro for $4,000.
For all the pissing and moaning ain't nobody selling a KISS cheap.
Snap out of it bro. And while you are at it, send me a PM. I'll be happy to buy your KISS cheap. I'll send you a check and you can drop it off at Rock Fantasy for me.

see what I mean, I have sell it cheap and even deliver the turd to get rid of it!

#2792 2 years ago

the animations are not very good also. game itself looks awesome but still needs fine tuning.

to me kiss pinball is like the hottest chick I ever been with, but was lousy in bed.

you know what I mean?

1 month later
#2860 2 years ago

sold off my kiss le
i am done with stern, got myself a monster bash and alien le on order
wont be another stern nib purchase from me
id rather buy a dialed in and stare at that hideous artwork all day!

2 weeks later
#3004 2 years ago

stern can KISS my ass!

#3030 2 years ago

every single stern pin has a "where is the code thread" when are people going to learn? i won't buy new in box,
ill get an aerokiss in a couple years when code finished.

1 week later
#3094 2 years ago

stern gets rewarded every pin they make. how many of you kiss owners gonna buy a star wars? shame, shame, shame.

1 week later
#3129 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

That is good news and although still a way off, will help restore faith in the Stern coding department.
If the update is decent, they should sell a good few more.

restore faith? Screw them! they take your money and run, they leave you hanging and practically begging them for something that you paid for and should be getting. i sold my kiss le and bailed on any future stern nib. stern is dead to me, gb le ghosting and kiss was the last straw. i should start a star wars where is the code thread cause thats next, i can guarantee that. bm66 sle buyers that shelled out 15000 and what did they get? i would feel like i was prison ganged raped if i bought a bm sle!
stern doesnt care believe me. at least not until people stop buying and demand completed codes at release.

3 months later
#3529 1 year ago

losing many many sales now they have to do something right?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 21.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside