F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2665 7 years ago

There are also a couple mini challenges with certain backstage pass awards (fast scoring and deuce mode come to mind).

Quoted from konjurer:

I agree that the wizard modes could be better!!! I also want to see cities do something more. I especially want the bugs fixed.
But... it is hardly "shoot here because points."
* 4 mini objectives: Starchild Multiball, Demon Multiball, Catman (collecting bumper inserts), and Spaceman (collecting instruments)
* 1 major objective in the Bonus Grid matrix
* 8 modes that are distinctly different from one another
* 3 wizard modes
* 5 multiplier rules that stack (combo, song shot, song playfield, demon playfield, backstage)
* Huge scores on a single shot (up to 60x)
* Progressive pop bumper values (which I believe may be unique to KISS with the RGB LEDs???)
* Settings that provide significant variations to the rules that you can explore
Plenty for the intermediate player to do. Just needs some polish.

3 weeks later
#2820 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I've yet to hear a city specific call out.
I don't remember it being listed on the update readme file.

I usually hear the city callouts during or after selecting a new song.

2 weeks later
#2853 7 years ago

Glass half full - Out of all currently available new machines, KISS does not have the title of oldest code. That would be Whoa Nellie with the last update back in July 2015! Strangely I can't find a "Where's the WN code?"

Quoted from HighProtein:

My Intel is a code update coming in...
2 Weeks!

Perhaps we should start a new thread "Come here to troll KISS owners!" and keep this thread for the tired, poor and huddled masses that it affects? (And my apologies to HighProtein if this was a real update )

3 weeks later
#2873 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Is it THAT close? Correct me if I am wrong but modes on AS go for 30 seconds unless you extend time.
Then you can hit the scoop to change song/mode
In KISS it doesnt end until you hit enough shots
So you can be stuck in a mode forever - and unlike ST, which makes more shots available if you are taking too long....KISS will keep that same shot lit.
So if you are in a mode where ONLY the shot through the bumpers is lit, or ONLY the right ramp is lit.....if you cannot make the shots you are stuck.
That small difference makes a HUGE difference in the games code. How it plays. How fun it is.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Mostly true.

There is a way to change songs before they are finished. I am still not sure if it a bug or a feature, but sometimes when you start a new ball you can change the song with the flipper before you shoot. It isn't entirely consistent, but it seems like this only is allowed after some level of progress has been made. I can confirm that the progress made isn't lost if you come back to that song later. My son likes to do this and drives me nuts. It ends up a dad lecture of "finish what you start boy" Now that I think about it, I am pretty sure that was Stern's intent.

When you get stuck on a shot, you can change focus to the grid and/or Love Gun/Demon MB. The nice thing is you can still progress on the song with MB. Also knowing which songs are more likely to get you stuck on a harder shot becomes part of the game strategy decision tree for choosing your songs.

#2882 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

So what settings do you guys have it set at (or recommend) for a home environment, for the average/casual player with no tournament play in their future...IE: To maximize the fun factor but not make it too east...
Asking for a friend....

These are the small tweaks I have made to my game;

1) Changed the ball save timer for the demon eject from 2->4 seconds to combat the occasional STDM behavior. Although, I think I have a permanent fix for that so might change this back to stock
2) Changed from auto to 4 instruments for extra ball. I don't think the auto setting works at all.
3) Set the lit instruments to stay lit after lost ball. It seems this should be default setting as all other band member progression carries over (star field targets, demon locks, catman lit inserts...)

You could also move the outlane posts to drop the number of screamer side drains from those damn bumpers!

#2891 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What's your permanent fix?

I have designed a plastic guide more or less that fits in the mouth. It forces the ball to come out in a very predictable way and so far after maybe a hundred plays it hits the at the pivot of the left flipper 100% of the time. I am planning on posting in the mods thread once I make a few tweaks for a slightly better fitment.

Quoted from Sparky:

I don't have instruments carry over, but I do have all instruments lit on the first ramp shot. If I don't get them all on one ball, I have to hit a ramp shot again to light again.
I think you also said you changed playfield multipliers to one song. This has made the biggest difference in how fun this game is for me.

No, that suggestion wasn't from me. I like the multipliers at every 2 songs. Would inflate the score too much for my liking. I like the challenge of setting up multiballs and other bonuses in prep for finishing every other song.

#2897 6 years ago

I found that with the power turned down and the head loosened and twisted as far to either extremes did help. It probably reduced it to 25% sdtm compared to maybe 40% as it played out of the box. It still bothered me enough to design a 100% solution.

1 week later
#2926 6 years ago

Good timing if true. I can update the code and redo my song list before dropping it off at NWPAS.

2 weeks later
#3081 6 years ago

Will be dropping my KISS at NWPAS in 3 days. Would be nice to showcase updated code!

1 week later
#3148 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

That makes sense - thanks.
I didn't even know there is an optical sensor near the entrance.
Will have a look later and hopefully don't need to take the head area apart as it looks complicated!

I had the same issue, it turned out to be a broken wire on the optical sensor.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/9#post-3637981

1 month later
#3426 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pro or Prem/LE? I've never seen this on a Pro/LE.

I have seen this on my pro maybe 3-5 times out of 3800 plays. It's a pain to fix as it takes a magnet stick to clear it out. I thought I had read somewhere else on pinside that Stern has a fix for this. It wouldn't hurt to give Chas a call and ask him.

#3428 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah! I'll make a note on the bug list that this is for the Pro. Not an issue on the Prem/LE that I've ever seen.

It is a mechanical problem. I don't see how software can help.

3 months later
#3642 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I hear this a lot and yet on my KISS Pro it is easy to backhand from the right flipper. I cradle the ball and as soon as the ball starts rolling I flip it up the right ramp. It has just enough gas to get up the ramp. I'm an average player at best and I can hit that right ramp shot 80% of the time.
First thing I do after selecting Deuce is to nail the center ramp 4 times to lit the pop bumper caps and go for the right orbit on the 5th shot. Occasionally, I can complete the Catman insert in 5 consecutive shots. Then I go for the right ramp to start the instrument collection.

What is your incline set at? I can't imagine getting enough power on a backhand to get it up the ramp, but I am setup fairly steep.

11 months later
#4074 5 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

“Thanksgiving” & “substantial”. Finallly..... let’s cross our fingers that the finished game rocks.

Would also like to know where you are quoting from.

1 month later
#4132 5 years ago

Oh my! Lots to digest, but a quick scan i see deuce bug gone, something added with cities, rock city changes? Man o man.

#4137 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Holy fak, 1 gig download!

It includes a nodeboard firmware update as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code?tu=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.