F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider personx99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 8 years ago

The update is coming........Patience......Remember MET.....

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

XM code actually got worse before it got better.

I experienced the XM issues....all of them. I had heard a rumor there was some newer programmers on that so they were probably learning...Completely understood. Pinball coding can't be easy because of the "realtime" nature of it.

But when XM "got good".....it ROCKED! Software Dept. at Stern is definitely getting it together, despite what the H8rs are screaming....Most of those folks probably never wrote any code...

1 week later
#108 8 years ago

It will be interesting to see what they do with the cities and perhaps song completions....It's a fun game as-is, but I think it has potential to be so much more....WWE on the other hand.....the ring kinda hurts it's potential, but I think some more code would help...a little. I hate to see dud pins.....especially for those that bought them NIB. Mustang got slammed, which kept me from picking up a premium...I like the games, but I don't want to take a $2K loss on it.

3 weeks later
#319 8 years ago

Every week there is no code update just means that is one more week of development of killer code......ohhhhh baby....is gonna be good.

LOL...I had to post something just to balance the negative posts.

#335 8 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Really? the Demo man claw doesn't hang up or shoot STDM. No comparison.

My Gene head doesn't drain, SDTM.....Though I heard some have...sounds liked an oopsie, but I thought they fixed it with a ball save time specifically for the Gene head??

#339 8 years ago

It will come, when it is ready, and not a moment before. In the meantime, I can work on integrating my neopixel mod into my pro. The pro is a bit too "cool white" for me, especially sitting between MET and Luci.

#393 8 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

How soon we forget how the mystery award on metallica was 500k everytime for a year. Stern seems to eventually come thru.

LOL...On the occasion when I get a 500K mystery award on my MET, I still laugh and say, "500K! It's not a mystery".

They really came through on MET...Still one of my favorites along with XM.

#398 8 years ago

No spoilers please....I want the surprise.....code updates are like x-mas for adults.

2 weeks later
#608 8 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Oh yeah, I wasn't saying that those items were new/unique, just that they were added elements that were missing from a pin like ST. ST is about as basic a layout with as few features/toys as I can think of in the modern Stern era.
The features are not necessarily original on TWD, but how they're laid out on the playfield make for a unique gaming experience (if that makes sense).

I currently own KISS, ST, and have had TWD. Your points are not invalid, but could be considered "opinionated". I like them all and it would be unreasonable to say one is better than the other. These pins have some unique characteristics which likely cause some players to prefer them over the others. For example:

(1) TWD is a difficult game. It had an amazing ruleset REALLY geared for competative play. This game is great in a tournament

(2) ST is a fun players, with longer ball times and some tough goals to reach without making some dangerous shots/choices, specifically during multiballs.

(3) KISS has super-tight shots and some great flow. Final code will "potentially" make this as good or better than Metallica. John Borg design fans will be pleased with this game.

No need to "poo poo" other pins. Praise the pins you like and find "something" reasonable to say about the pins you do not. Yes....even WWE has something good, though I haven't played the recent code so I have no idea.

#647 8 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I'm a big fan of KISS, so much so that it's my only pin in my current line-up. The code needs polish for sure, but I think the shots are fun and the art/sound is fantastic.
With that said, I don't think the game has great flow. Now, that might be more a testament to my playing than anything else. The middle ramp is a layup for sure, but that right ramp is TOUGH, and a full orbit from the right through the pops on the left is a rare occurrence in my house. I think the game is fast and fun, but flow doesn't immediately come to mind.

I'm going to 'guess' here, but isn't 'flow' the ball returning directly to the flipper after completing a shot with the ability to make different shot(s) from there and repeat it several times? If this "is" true, then I would say KISShas it....but it isn't easy..Some of those shots are tough, which makes achieving "flow" exciting. Star child/demon shot is the exception, but it does add some variety to the shots.

KISS, like TWD frustrates me quite a bit, but I keep going back for more, so I am enjoying it.

FYI, for those who opted for a PRO, consider changing the cool white GI bulbs to warm white and perhaps some reds under the outlane guides. It darkens the PF, but makes the red and yellows pop out a bit more. Basically, it makes it look more like the Pre/LE.

1 week later
#1112 8 years ago

Let's change it up a bit from the lamenting....again, and talk about what we hope to see in the update.....

-I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with the Cities.
-More callouts would be nice.
-Skill shot?
-I have not made it to the wizard modes yet so I'm not sure what will change there

Any thoughts? Hopes? Dreams? Wishes for the upcoming code update.

#1415 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Pretty soon all the KISS owners will be banned from the Stern Facebook page.

Not me.... I clearly remember my parents telling me back in the 70's "If you have nothing positive to post on FB, STFU".
I try and keep 'online drama' to a minimum....unless I am joking around and then it is not malicious and purely for laughs.

New code is coming.....I can feel it....or is it lumbago...

#1440 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How long does it take to program bugs out of the code?
Note: My ability to code consists of hitting the download button.

I don't write pinball code, but I do write video recording/conferencing code. What is usually required/recommended with bug fixes is that you have to fun through ALL of the test procedures in order to verify the bug fixes did not destabilize/break anything else.
Bug fixes usually take less time than new code development, but still require time to get it working with confidence....

Played some KISS last night.....Simple, fast, fun.

#1514 8 years ago

draining thread....too far off topic....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.75
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider personx99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code?tu=personx99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.