As we are patiently waiting for new code to drop, what do you guys find missing from the KISS code? Can you walk up and breeze through the modes and into the wizard modes every time? I find the 1.28 rules to be challenging and fun. My question is what rules would you suggest that Stern add? How would you interweave the cities into the rules?
I would make the cities into timed, mini-modes and require completion in a linear sequence. This linear approach would simulate KISS going on a world wide tour - start the tour in LA and end in Tokyo! Maybe collect the KISS guys and their instruments to start the tour. Then add a God of Thunder wizard mode for completing the tour.
I summarized the existing rules so that everyone has a minimalist picture of what's there already.
8 Songs Modes
- completing 2 songs awards a 2x, 3x, 5x, or 10x PF multipliers
2 Multiball modes
- Demon and Love Gun Multiball
3 Wizard Modes
- Heaven's on Fire Wizard Mode, KISS Army Wizard Mode & Rock City Wizard Mode
Pop Bumper Awards
- Left orbit lights pop bumper inserts and awards progressively larger bumper awards as indicated by different colors. I believe this is a NEW and unique rule system to KISS.
- Fill the grid twice to enable Heaven's on Fire wizard mode
Front Row Kickback
- Ball Save for the left outlane by spelling K-I-S-S
Inlane Target Combos
- Quick complete of K-I-S-S and A-R-M-Y targets
- Followed by progressive hurry-up combo shots
Backstage Pass Semi-Random Mystery Award
- Add-A-Ball, Super Ramps, Super Spinners, Super Targets, Super Pops, Deuce Scoring, Fast Scoring, Bonus X, Double Scoring, and Hold Bonus
Single Shot Multipliers
- Completing a song causes the next shot to be 2x for the rest of the ball
- Song 2x/3x/5x/10x
- Demon 2x/3x
- Double scoring 2x
Shot and Playfield Multipliers can combine for up to 60x scoring (I think you could actually go higher then 60x but I'm not even gotten close yet.)
- 4 instruments gives extra ball, 6 enables KISS Army wizard mode, 12 enables Rock City wizard mode
Collecting KISS Character Design inserts
- each character requires a unique method to collect as flashing to enable KISS Army and then solid to enable Rock City
- Starchild: Collect 6 instruments, then 12 instruments
- Spaceman: Start Love Gun Multiball, the collect the Super Jackpot
- Demon: Start Demon Multiball, then collect the Double Super Jackpot
- Catman: Light all four bumpers red, then light all four bumpers to green then to purple