Topic Stats

• 4,231 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by HoneyBadger
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 283 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
Z8QWR8.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joekiss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#209 3 years ago

Gonna take a lot more than a new code for this one. I bought it as a KISS fan otherwise would be long gone. Too many design flaws on this one for me. Not a real fun game.

#226 3 years ago

Its a gorgeous game and looks great next to my 78 Bally in my KISS room. Playing wise? Pretty much a dud. The STDM Gene head. I have adjusted it and its not 100% every time like it was about 50%. Just an awful feature. Mine has automatic drain lane slingshots. In similar fashion to TWD it has the shoot the ball hit the bumpers then STDM feature. The scoop is just almost unmakeable. Just bounces off of it. I can kind of get it to roll in. people come over play a game or two then usually move onto something else.

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Couldn't disagree with you more. The design & flow is absolutely killer. SDTM is an easily fixed. Only downside for me at this point is the code.

How do I fix it? Can you make the right ramp easier to hit?

#258 3 years ago

I wish they would just keep the same code and do an engineering update that includes getting rid of the AWFUL gene head. Then a new code or whatever.

1 week later
#305 3 years ago

just got the topper used the 10% off code. Just amazing. Blows the game out of the water. By far the best feature. Maybe stern should spend a little more time developing products (and as I say that I bought a machine). My "new" honeymoon with the game is over and I am 100% unimpressed. Just awful layout. If youre a fan try to stomach the gameplay just for the interactive topper. Just amazing.

#310 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I did not realize people bought pinball machines for their toppers. I learned something new again today.
I wish Stern the best, but they are continuing to lose trust in customers and operators.

Think whatever you want. I didn't buy the game for the topper. That's a really silly statement and a very odd way to interpret what I was saying.

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

With their toppers being $500 (GOT) for a plastic housing with LED lights and a coil that makes wings go up and down or $400 for just a bunch of LED's in frame (Kiss), it just goes to show how rabid pinball buyers are for stuff.. and Stern knows it. Makes sense that if they can get people excited about overpriced toppers, they'll want the machine to go with it.

Another odd post. The topper came out long after I purchased the machine. Chek your facts please.

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

enjoy your pin and modding it. good for you. that's the fun part is making it exclusive to your tastes.

I don't really consider that a mod more of an accessory. Am I incorrect?

#317 3 years ago

Blowing my mind. Code update a mod? Ill buy that. Maybe it will disable the Gene head and the game will play better. The topper didn't affect the gameplay at all-its still awful.

#323 3 years ago

Don't think code will fix the Gene head? Maybe a service bulletin or a recall? I still say I have never seen a worse feature in any pinball than the Gene head.

#327 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Go take a look at your Demo Man claw when you have a chance.

Really? the Demo man claw doesn't hang up or shoot STDM. No comparison.

#328 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Are you still having problems with yours? I tweaked my settings and it's worked perfect ever since. Yours must be defective. Have you asked Stern for a replacement mechanism?

Yes still a game killer. I did the adjustments its not 100% STDM but its enough. Still gets hung up. Ive taken it completely apart and done every adjustment. Stern sent a replacement part that did nothing. they go on and on about how much people love the feature.

I know of 2 in the wild. Gene head is factory setting and STDM every time.

#333 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

"SDTM" KISS Head Correction:
No one needs to reduce coil power, switch coils, or lower lock out time.
Here is an old tech trick:
If you use a small ramp protector inside Gene's mouth, you can redirect the pinball to the left or right however you wish.
Pick the side, and make small bends as necessary.
You can even use a piece of aluminum sheet metal, if you do not have one. Cut it with tin snips, use bent pliers to shape, and file the edges. Mount by flat screw or profesional epoxy.
This requires little modification.
It prevents SDTM.
It will not be seen, if done with aesthetics in mind and a bit of care.

Wish i didnt have to do anything. Maybe some quality control...

1 week later
#343 3 years ago

I would never pre-order after the KISS pin. Maybe GB will have a STDM slimmer feature and a right ramp that is almost impossible to hit.

#354 3 years ago

I will never pre-order again. Maybe if it was a Schwarzenegger Commando but otherwise...

1 week later
#435 3 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Rave and I dumped the game Monday. Open spot at The Sanctum now for Ghostbusters arrival. We couldn't give a s*** where the code is now

How did KISS do on location??

2 weeks later
#799 3 years ago

Will the new code be in a Walking Dead cab?? Im assuming that's not a recent pic...

#802 3 years ago

Ive never whined about the code once. Just intrigued with the teasing.

#805 3 years ago

Im not that familiar with TWD. Was the code update that different?

Im a big WD fan and the machine seemed to be a zombie machine. Seemed like there are no characters from the show.

#855 3 years ago

Has anybody legitimately gotten to Rock City??I cant imagine getting the second starchild award. I actually had it lit once . My machine is just awful at multiball award though. Ive gotten the second demon award a couple of times though. Certain shots are just too tough and making them on multiball is out of the question. As always not to mention when you hit gene its automatically STDM.

#955 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

KISS sales probably slowed a bit.
Why else all the teasing for a code update?

Interesting.

#972 3 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Man I hope the new code is good. I got Kiss on a whim cause I really think the art and layout are really cool, but man the band sucks so bad. Their music is so terrible. With better code I figure I can just replace the music with something decent and have some cool rules in a awesome looking machine. *fingers crossed*

By playing the stock pin you are listening to recently re-recorded watered-down soulless versions of great songs. Listen to the full Detroit Rock City from Destroyer and tell me its not a great song.

#975 3 years ago

Did you listen to it off of Destroyer??

#980 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. But to be fair, I don't think any band can be judged fairly until you've seen them live. I would love to see KISS live in their prime, but I just don't see how I would like their live show any more than those other bands I mentioned.

Im in a phase that I want to see anyone I like no matter how good they are anymore and am usually surprised.Last year saw Hall and Oates Weird Al Styx and Van halen (with DLR) and would go see any one of them again. Got my eye on more this year. KISS put on a great live show and actually look great but Pauls voice isn't quite up to par. Give them a chance.

And you do realize that Bob Ezrin produced destroyer as well as many Floyd Lps?? Floyd music just bores me. At a bar having a good time good music then a Floyd song comes on...everything slows down. just a bit depressing.

LZ??? Amazing. If youre a guitarist you really realize how great Jimmy Page is. You will try to learn a song and it is in some odd tuning you've never heard of before...

#1042 3 years ago

I wonder if the next tease has a pic of Gene. They seem to be focusing on the non-makeup era and Gene had some really rough looks. Really hope they use a 92 Revenge Era pic and not an 87-88 Crazy Nights era pic.

#1049 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I wouldn't mind them adding Crazy Crazy Nights to the track listing, though.

Like times 1000.

#1202 3 years ago

Ahhh... was hoping for a Gene pic. Maybe the next teaser...

They did a Paul image. We need a Gene image.

#1346 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Ace's new album is great BTW.
Paul Stanly, John 5 and Slash are on it
Ace does a driving Willie Dixon "Bring it on Home" (much better than Zep's cover version).
Rock and Roll Hell is seriously heavy duty.
The only weak track is Wild Thing with Lita Ford, but if you like Lita Ford, it will probably be your favorite on the disc.
amazon.com link ยป

OriginsFeature1_(resized).jpg

Hope to buy it today.

5 months later
#1938 3 years ago

If my KISS machine played anything like the one in that video I would love it. The ball goes in the scoop? The slings don't shoot it right down the drains? the Ace bumper doesn't shoot right down the right drain? The gene doesn't get clogged and have to search for the ball almost every time? maybe I should have bought a pro...

2 months later
#2179 2 years ago

Turned this turkey on for the first time in a few months and played it. Still awful. Do these sell at all? I have a premium. Will I get raped if I decide to sell? This will be an expensive lesson. NEVER pre-order. Wait for it to be out and play it first. I also want to play the actual game I'm buying. Ive played other KISS machines and they all play better than mine.

4 months later
#2898 2 years ago

Why oh why did they design it to go STDM on factory settings every time?? Just awful. The first codes had no ball saves. Was just infuriating.

1 week later
#2987 2 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Just watched the movie Why Him on the plane yesterday which is filled with KISS so I can't wait for some new code pinball action

PLEASE watch this

#3059 2 years ago

Code...this is why I am embarassed when people play my KISS...has nothing to do with code. Wish they would fix the mechanical problems first. my first game in weeks ball 2.

20170529_152623 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#3307 2 years ago

Code will not matter. My game is pretty unplayable because of the awful gene head. Ball wont register, gets stuck, etc. I very very rarely play but usually the same ends in the device malfunction. Basically a big paperweight. Looks cool turned on with the topper though.

3 months later
#3587 1 year ago

The topper is by far the best part of the machine. Playing it is the worst. Took the Gene head apart and it still doesnt work. All switches test out. It hasnt worked right since I took the machine out of the box. I have the premium. Im stuck with it as a KISS fan.

#3590 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I'll trade you a perfectly working pro for it

I bet the Gene head works better than mine.

2 months later
#3774 1 year ago

Attempted to play today. Oh well. Stern!!!

20180118_122040 (resized).jpg

#3776 1 year ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Do you have the 1.30.0? Happened to me when it was the 1.28.0, did the update and never again.

i dont really care. I just turned it on and tried to play it for the first time in awhile. It plays so awful regardless I wouldnt even bother to update. I turn this one off and say Its broken when friends come over.

5 months later
#3906 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I really wanted to give KISS another go, but after playing a premium with the latest code I had to pass. It's an ok game, but nothing special to me. I don't find the shots especially fun and the scoop rejects are frustrating.
Rob

Hitting the scoop is 100% luck. Kind of have to get it to lightly roll in.

6 months later
#4211 9 months ago

Paul and gene get at least 1 of everything.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 263.55
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Bern, NC
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joekiss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside