F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#112 8 years ago

I'm waiting for the next code drop to see if this is a game I want to purchase. I like a lot of things about it but I'm not taking a risk on the code not being good enough when it's finished. Not saying stern won't get my money, but they won't for KISS in it's current state.

#118 8 years ago

Based on on the last several years the issues seem to based on the programming team. For whatever reason they just seem to have fewer updates with more time in between them. I think Mustang code wise turned out pretty good so hopefully they get it right. The game looks great and shots pretty good so it would be a shame if it comes up short code wise.

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

In your opinion
this week, Stern will publish the code kiss, wwe code, or nothing?

They are more likely to announce the next game this week than a code update. Both games are in the works though so hopefully all of the owners get a big update soon.

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

It is very obvious that some of you have ZERO manufacturing/management experience.
My bad, I guess should have explained better.
I should have better pointed out that since the production lines are down/producing very little, MANAGEMENT could/should shift their focus to push the programmers to get these code updates out. Since they can't push games out the door, how about pushing some code?
So yes, production and programming are all part of the manufacturing process.
Are you really making the stance that because the production lines are down, the higher ups at STERN are not able to shift the focus to getting code out because production and programming have nothing to do with each other? So no one can go into programming and say, guys, our production lines are at real low levels right now, we need to see codes for our games that are already produced get released. What can we do, where are we at , what do we need, what can we release NOW? How can we speed up the process?
That's like saying a restaurant manager cannot tell the waitstaff we are low on the chicken special so push the beef because cows and chickens have nothing to do with each other.

None of this makes any sense. Stern has a coding department that does nothing else but design code. Stern is obviously trying to get code out faster and fix some of the older games that had issues so they are focusing on code. If they pumped out the code with a bunch of bugs people would be pissed that they rushed it out. It's not like you can move other people off the line that you say is down (which it's not) and have them code games. Management could walk in and say work longer hours or set deadlines but that might bring us right back to code being released with a bunch of bugs. First thought is to hirer more coders but then you are assuming larger teams can work cohesively and with the same vision which is something programmers don't have a great history of being able to do.

What makes you say that the lines are down? Lots of GOT premiums and Mets just rolled off.

#201 8 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Your 100% correct, has ZERO bearing on ABILITY. The ability to figure out the programming issues has always been there. How about focusing on that said ABILITY?
Does it make more sense to anyone if I put it in this scenario?
Gary Stern orders his management team into into his office and says "Guys, our line production is down(quantity, not shut down) due to supplier issues that are out of our control. Since some of you(his management team) have some extra time, I would like us to concentrate on figuring out what we need to get our programming department the ability to get game code more complete and out faster."
It happens every day in business and manufacturing. If you are slower on one end, you figure how to get more productive on the other!
That my friends is COMMON SENSE.
Here is my original quote:
"You would think that since STERN can't really build anything at the moment, programming would be the top priority." That pretty much sums up the above scenario.
No way am I implying Stern works on common sense!

I hope they get the next code release out soon as it is way over due on WWE and KISS and if I was an owner I would be frustrated also. But I don't think Gary or any management is think we are having production delays and parts issues so lets focus on code. They are thinking we are losing a fortune due to production delays and parts issues that need all of our focus.

#247 8 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Anyway, after all the BS has settled. Someone I DO know as reliable reached out me and relayed to me that the KISS code IS a priority and that Stern wants this out ASAP.
So I guess soon is the best we get for an answer.

Stay tuned

4 weeks later
#412 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Me too, not sure where he is getting his pricing. May want to switch distributors....

I have someone I really trust that I buy from an GB was quoted $400 more then KISS and $300 more then GOT. Maybe you are the one not getting the best deal...... I also know from friends that called around everywhere getting GB quotes that I got a really good price on it. For me there has been a price increase on the last 2 titles.

Hope the KISS code comes soon and that it's awesome. This game looks too good to have crap code.

#414 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

LOL, how am I not getting the best deal if I am getting quoted the same price I did for kiss (which is $400 less)?

Maybe you are overpaying for Kiss. Or maybe you are getting a lot better deal then I am

The prices I listed were only for LE models. Pro's and premiums seem to only have changes $200

#422 8 years ago

I have a good relationship with my distro and have purchased several games from them over the last several years so I may be getting a loyal customer discount. Happy to talk prices in private but I don't think it's fair to them to post it all over the web when I am likely getting a slightly better price then someone that has never used them before due to my repeat business.

I might be trading for an LE soon so I'm looking forward to seeing what the new code brings. Like I said, looks to awesome to have empty code.

1 week later
#501 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Looking at Kiss and when I played it at Texas Pinball festival one Kiss pin had Flipper Fidelity Speakers and sub and the sound was AMAZING! It sounded so much better than my ACDC which has FF speakers also. Is this just the spike system? What is the game changer for sound on Kiss?
Thanks and I am rooting for code also!

Yep, spike system has vastly improved sound compared to SAM games. My GOT sounds a ton better then my other games. I have FF in my AC/DC and GOT with stock speakers blows it away.

1 week later
#873 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What's the point of teasing it for this long?
Haven't KISS owners suffered enough with the code as it is?

What difference does a couple of days make. I'd rather wait a little longer and it be good then have something rushed. The code has been a little slow on KISS but not really all that different from most other releases. Owning a pinball machine is hardly suffering.....

#956 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So do u guys that own both Kiss and Met think this game has the potential to be as good as Metallica once decent code drops?
I've got a feeling this update will be a game changer. I love the look and feel of the game and would definately consider one if the codes up to scratch.

Depends on what you like. I like that KISS has a couple of wide easy shots and then a few really tight shots. On Met I find all of the shots other then the far left one about the same. I also think KISS has slightly better flow then MET but both are good. I prefer the game play right now on Met but I like the way KISS shoots better. If the code is great I think it can be as good as Met but so many people already wrote it off it will never show that in the rankings.

#1034 8 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

[Personal attack removed by moderator] after the smoking they got over code in this months gameroom magazine. They are losing out on new pin orders and don't even realize it and then tease people about it. It's a recipe for disaster.

To be fair none of us know what Lonnie's responsibilities are with stern or what he is working on, allowed to do, etc. If you want to blame someone blame stern management as they are in charge of what happens code wise. I just recently bought a KISS because I like the way it shoots and I know a huge update is about to happen, so in my case at least, they are not losing sales. The communication from stern let me know that it is close so it was the nudge I needed to pull the trigger on a game I have been interested in since release. I will also say that the current code is not as bad a people have made it out to be. It needs a big update and the update is late but the game is fun to play in it's current state.

#1194 8 years ago

Awesome, looks like today is going to be the day.

#1438 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Any day could be the day

Hope it's today. It seemed like Paul wanted to come down and see us several days ago

#1619 7 years ago

Anyone else having a few small issues with the gene head after the update? Mine goes into a ball search after the second ball is locked and will not find the ball unless I power cycle the game. Never had any issues before the update.

11 months later
#2714 7 years ago

I enjoyed my KISS for a little bit but I'm happy that the now 4th owner is the one waiting for the code.

So stay tuned 4th hand buyers!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.