Topic Stats

• 4,231 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by HoneyBadger
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 283 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
Z8QWR8.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank527.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Will the new Kiss code remove the gigantic Gene Simmons head toy? If so, I might buy the game.

Seriously man? I'm sick of this whiny baby crap. Freaking Stern just updated Avengers, WWE, and Star Trek within the last 10 months! STOP posting this crap. And quit bashing Stern. Do you want to go back to the days when we had one manufacturer and the hobby was nearly dead? Sorry guys but I'm totally sick of threads and posts like this. Go get a better job and buy a few more games. Stop blaming Stern for your pinball dysfunction.

And I'm tired of waiting for code. WWE is broke. Last update was weak and did not fix issues.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'm not attacking frustrated buyers. I attacked the person that said Stern has abandoned KISS. That's just a flat out lie. Opinions are one thing but you can't make up your own facts. The only game I can think of that Stern has probably abandoned is Wheel of Fortune. There is ZERO evidence that Stern has abandoned KISS. AND, if you feel like Stern is abandoning games then don't buy Stern pinball machines.
Also, check out this thread from 4 years ago.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-i-may-never-buy-nib-stern-again
And how many games has Stern sold since 2012? The threads discussing "don't buy games until prices come down" and "Stern sucks because they never update code" must be falling on deaf ears because all I see are other threads anticipating Stern's next game and how great GOT and TWD are. Meanwhile, Stern continues to sell plenty of games.
THIS is how you discuss how much better said game would be with better code:

Who cares? Why come on here and open the thread? I'm frustrated with Stern. You are frustrated with us being frustrated with Stern? I do not get it. Your answer is to not open or ignore the thread. Us frustrated buyers do not have that option.

#73 3 years ago

New GOT code. GOT is incredible. The code is fantastic and its an early in age.

Kiss, meanwhile.......... code suckus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 week later
#168 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Should be the biggest code update imaginable when it comes out they have been working on it for a half a year now and the game is no where near done

Haha. We know Lonnie polished Avengers. We have no idea how long anyone has been working on KISS. All we get is an update is coming. May will be 9 months since anything substantial.

#179 3 years ago

Kiss code is coming

2 weeks later
#318 3 years ago

The Santa pic must be for 2016

1 week later
#386 3 years ago

It's being worked on

1 week later
#479 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein

Expecting kiss code this week? Is that insane?

1 week later
#602 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

They are talking May for the new code??? Give me a break.
Do we know who is coding the game? Is it still Lonnie?
I say the next game Lonnie codes, everyone should boycott.

What year?

#603 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What year? 2017?

#604 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What year? 2018?

#728 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Once the mammoth code drops I doubt many will complain

Why not break it up into some updates to keep us playing. Its been 4 months since my game has been turned on!!!

#901 3 years ago

So not this week. This sucks as I'm sure we were all hoping for tomorrow. The wait on this one is agonizing. Way too long between updates.

#1078 3 years ago

No code

#1179 3 years ago

Kiss code is coming.... Lonnie needs time to create this masterpiece. 9 months in the making., maybe 10. Remember, the awesome Transformers code update? We can only hope for something good.

#1201 3 years ago

I hope it's soon

#1210 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Crazy to me it has taken this long to get adequate code support for a pin that sold so well upon initial release.

Because it's Lonnie.

#1228 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm not buying another Lonnie game (unless it's Star Wars).
Between the Star Trek and KISS codes...I'm completely done with him.

Yep. I 100 % agree. Lonnie needs to be on a team. Code from just Lonnie has been bad.

#1241 3 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Unbelievable, this is too much.
Still no code.
But an ad.
sacred stern

It's hilarious. This is such a joke on an epic scale. I think they release today.

#1248 3 years ago

It's not out yet

#1259 3 years ago

Soon. Definitely tonight. It's going up now

#1272 3 years ago

Unreal. They actually posted that.

#1332 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

I'm happy they're delaying it a bit more to get the bugs out. 1st Class move updating the owners... Thank you for that Stern.
I'm totally psyched and would rather wait for completed awesome code to come than to have bugs.. I think this will be a huge reworked code. Patiently waiting!

Why? This is the second week they did this and are using the same excuse. The marketing at Stern is silly. The person in charge of marketing, needs to go back and study actual marketing. Stern needs to hire someone with an actual marketing degree.

When you actually rate Stern on Facebook they cannot delete your rating. Everyone should rate them and rate them based on how they really feel.

#1337 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

serious question > has Lonnie EVER written a fun game codewise.

Lonnie by himself, not so much. As part of a team, fantastic code has been produced.

#1348 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Even if 3 other code updates are ready, they won't be released until the KISS update comes out.

Well I just bought Ace's new album. Free Autorip with Amazon purchase.

#1360 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

It has been very de rigeur urban legend on pinside now to say TWD sucked early on and only became good with the last code updates. And I'd say it's because many members use it as an excuse to justify why they hated the game at first but now really like it (man, was there a lot of hate for a while, especially from some vocal members here over and over). It is wrong.
In reality, I and many others found TWD to be reasonably coded early on; it was fun and interesting to play. Especially after the first update, which became available a few months after release and was quite significant. Many people could already see how good TWD was. Lyman is great and his coding doesn't just become awesome with the last code updates. The major complaints and TWD hate one finds on pinside back then on the pin was not about poor coding, it was about the cheap drains. Coding got better and better with more updates too, and is now one of the best out there imo. But early code was still good. In fact there are some really cool DMD animations from early code that were dropped in later releases.
IMO, the true reason people here posted lots of TWD hate early on is because they played location machines and they had cheap drains. Other people did not have these issues. Over time it was determined here that TWD is notably sensitive to setup, and without care taken TWD becomes much more of a STDMs/outlane drainer from many areas including magnets, slings, pops ramp rejects, etc. In home use this sensitivity is not very significant; on location it can be very significant.
The reported TWD history is typical human nature and confirmation/selection bias. And unfortunately, I doubt this TWD urban legend history will change.
But back to kiss. I hope the code and game play is good and kiss owners are happy when the update comes, even though it wasn't lyman/dwight programming.

TWD is on record as having poor code because AMC did not allow actors voices, which rumor has it made Lyman have to scrap code. Lonnie has always disappointed and it takes a fire under his ass to make changes. Lyman is slow and produces masterpieces.

Stern would be best surved by putting Lonnie and Lyman together.

#1475 3 years ago

MJ may be the only thing that makes current KISS code playable anymore.

#1560 3 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Just played the new code...I guess I'll be the first to say I was expecting more after the long wait...but at least it's something!

Update is okay. Looking forward to the next one

2 months later
#1711 3 years ago

It's fun, but the code updates are too far apart. It's clear that kiss is not a priority.

Plus the lack of songs to select is meager.

1 month later
#1751 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Where's the kiss code? One year since release!

It's coming hahaha

2 months later
#2030 2 years ago

Lonnie is on the code, it will be years.

#2032 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Here's the sad thing...what games is Lonnie working on? Is it just KISS?

Transformers and Avengers took acts of God to finish. Kiss will be the same. It's sad and why I will never buy another Lonnie game.

#2037 2 years ago

No way Lyman is on code as BM66 is all him. Kiss is getting left behind

#2049 2 years ago

It's sad and why I'm not buying Lonnie games

2 months later
#2439 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

honestly, 100%. I find that critical yet constructive people that point out issues but also provide potential solutions are the people I specifically reach out to and ask for feedback and try to make improvements. Accountable people like to be held accountable I have found. Dealing with a few non-PC jerks tends to be worth it for those with thich enough skin and a genuine passion for what they do.
Aside from that I have proven my value to other programers and you may not realize it but a few of my rulesets, adjustments, and polish suggestions have already made it into other games. Amazingly, some of my suggestions have been in recent releases and there is one person that converses with me in the real world on a somewhat regular basis and likes my ideas.
Worth note that I do not think my critisisms are exagerated one bit. They are both honest and direct, but not exagerated one iota.
Outside of all my so called dislike for many things Stern, I also give credit where credit is due. TWD is one of my favorite games of the recent past and I think with polish kiss has the ability to get close to that level also (and GB). Top is all off with the fact that a bunch of people that dislike me even thumbed up my suggestion. Sounds like it is a decent idea if I was the programmer and had the ability to polish my game... Last thing if I were Lonnie, I know I would want my name to start being tossed around in the same sentences as Lyman and Dwight. Good code takes effort and I personally would want to keep up with my collegues.

This is such BS. It's completely biased and skews all ratings. Dialed in with early code gets a 10? I absolutely hate some games and they get a 5 or better. What a crock. To me, you've lost all and any credibility with your deliberate sacking of Stern.

1 week later
#2575 2 years ago

Well they will release Aerosmith and then code kiss, Aerosmith update will take two years. Typical Lonnie games and cycle.

3 weeks later
#2670 2 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Why do you yanks keep saying the word polish??

Polish as they need to make it better.

3 weeks later
#2754 2 years ago

It's not coming soon, but it is on the list.

I think Lonnie is on Aerosmith and then maybe he finishes off Kiss.

Stern said it will happen. It's just not going to happen soon.

#2758 2 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Talking bs or do you know that as fact ?

Fact.

#2763 2 years ago

Hope not. This Borg metal band quadrupole needs Dwight. We had Lonnie twice, Lyman once, now we need Dwight to change it up.

#2773 2 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

4500 Pro on FB in CA.

I think most of us got Kiss for $4800 new. So $4500 is not much of a drop.

1 month later
#2993 2 years ago

No kiss code

#3057 2 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Should this thread be closed now?
The Kiss code sounds like it's very complete and in really good shape. The only thing lacking was the misunderstanding that the cities would be some complex add-on like GoT houses. But since that's cleared up now, is there anything left to be done??

Code is still coming g. Gomez confirmed they will add something.

3 weeks later
#3155 2 years ago

New code will have some additional stuff added. Cities will do something, but I'm not sure I would be too excited about it as I feel KISS has been a letdown in the code department.

#3160 2 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Stop posting unfounded rumours

I talked to Gomez about it and he said they are probably going to code something for the cities. It is a free speech site and we can post what we want. It's not unfounded.

3 weeks later
#3239 2 years ago

Will we get code before the end of summer?

4 months later
#3693 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

GotG - ver 1.00 3 months after release. Stern apparently is now getting original actors as they have promised "spectacular."
Star Wars - ver 1.00 6 months after release
Batman '66 - next release pushed from Christmas into "around New Year" but it won't be close to 1.00. No mention of 1.00 more than 12 months after release, the longest wait for 1.00 base software in Stern history.

I do not think they are getting actors at all. I read this much differently.

Kiss will be a long time off.

I heard GOT was getting fixes awhile ago.

Star Wars sounds okay. Nothing game changing.

BM66 is so good now. I cannot wait for this update. It is the game changer on this title for sure

Aerosmith needs an update for sure.

#3696 1 year ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

For Stern “in the near future” probably means the first half of 2018. I wouldn’t look for it before March. I would much rather they take their time since they’re calling this the final update, than to rush something out that’s just a couple of bug fixes.

I would think they sort out GOTG first which puts us into January, then the bugs fixes for Aerosmith and then Kiss. It's all Lonnie so I'm guessing Dwight is coding Deadpool and a VE is coming. Then this team on Iron Maiden and Lyman on Elvira.

I wish Borg and Dwight would do a game together! **

#3711 1 year ago
Quoted from Wakky:

How do you know that ? From what i know its happening and especially since there is hype that these guys are nominated for the Rock and Roll hall of fame at present.
Wont say too much more but if anyone wants to start a topic ill add more info in.
After all this topic is about Kiss ....

Mark my words Bon Jovi will not sell well.

6 months later
#3894 1 year ago
Quoted from busa32927:

i feel that the new coders will tackle this. GotG is 1.o Maiden is 1.0 ST just had a code update. Not much left that code use an update. GB, KISS and maybe GoT.

Serenity needs one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 399.95
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank527.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside