Topic Stats

• 4,231 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by HoneyBadger
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 283 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
Z8QWR8.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 3 years ago

Well for all the people that kept telling I was only bashing Stern.. I just bought a TWD Pro NIB. Stern can have and will have my money if they complete games. As it stands I will always refuse to purchase a game that is not fully coded. If everyone can resist the temptation of buying when the game is first release it would help everyone in the long run.

with that said....

gene-angry_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#110 3 years ago

wwe-endless-cycles_(resized).jpg

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

But people already bought the games, why would they put more money into an already sold product if they don't have to... :/

Not to burn bridges. Which is what stern is doing now with the collector market. Once a competitor is big enough to rival Stern they will really see the price of their arrogance. Ask Comcast and the other big tv providers in the states what they think about Netflix. These guys took advantage of their consumer base for years then Netflix came along and changed everything

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

...the long term answer would be because people like me will eventually get fed up with Stern's crap and quit buying NIB pins...

Or you will buy elsewhere.

#161 3 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

If they want to boost their sales, they should finish their codes instead of selling their crap at high prices

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Nobody is forcing you to buy anything. Keep calm and play on

I agree with both statements.

If you buy NIB on a new release you better be ready to endure the mood swings of code updates. Unless you are a newbie and you didn't know what you were getting yourself into. Does it make it right....No. Should Stern try to improve...yes is it the way it is for now....YES

#183 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

That's like saying a restaurant manager cannot tell the waitstaff we are low on the chicken special so push the beef because cows and chickens have nothing to do with each other.

This makes no sense. If you make this argument you are saying

"Guys we are out of Stern code (chicken)...so to speed things up we should replace it with JJP code (beef)." Stern as their code and there is nothing that can replace that code on a whim.

Quoted from vdojaq:

I should have better pointed out that since the production lines are down/producing very little, MANAGEMENT could/should shift their focus to push the programmers to get these code updates out. Since they can't push games out the door, how about pushing some code?'

Who would you suggest that Management shift focus to push programmers?

Line workers cannot code. While I'm sure the opposite could be somewhat true, if the line was behind that coders could pick up tools and help out. Picking up a screwdriver and screw on some things is pretty easy but to ask a line worker to create a function that loops through the scoring and changes X value with Y value IF only ABC statements are true and that D variable is active is a different beast altogether.

While I do believe Stern should hire more staff to code their games this problem will keep happening until people stop buying games as soon as they are released and demand that code be 80% + done when the game comes out. Short of that the Stern building machine will keep chugging along like it always has.

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

What makes you say that the lines are down? Lots of GOT premiums and Mets just rolled off.

Production line has had some issues but no one can say what for sure. I've been waiting for my TWD Pro NIB for the past 3 weeks and will only get an update about expected arrival this week.

#283 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRave:

One month since the original post. No update on code or insight on possible release of it. I wish they could set a timeline and just tell me it's 3 months out. That would be fine with me.

They tried to do that with Transformers and it backfired because they missed the deadline by months. If there is one thing we know about Stern is 1) They make games before they can code them 2) They can't keep a deadline (codewise) to save their lives. 3) Don't buy NIB until code is done to your liking

#290 3 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I really wouldn't care if it took one year to update KISS if we were to get small updates throughout that year than one BiG update a year later. I think others would agree.
On a positive note with all the recent updates for other games it would make me think that KISS has got to be next, what else really needs a big update that is in production?

To really round things off
ST needs a final final polish
KISS needs alot of love
WWE will need a final polish
GOT is doing really well

All in all I think Stern is really doing an effort to catch up on older titles while addressing code issues on GOT. If they keep going like this 2016 will be a great year for games and code. Tipping my hat off to them.

1 month later
#888 3 years ago
Quoted from mrmark0673:

I mean, I get being a bit frustrated, but we bought games with incomplete code. We knew exactly what we signed on for.
Personally, I'm enjoying KISS currently and I'm super excited that version 1.2 is on the horizon. I'm also in on a GBLE, and I don't expect that to ship with final code either. At the same time, I know that I'm putting down a healthy chunk of money on a product that doesn't even have a gameplay video out, let alone final and proven code. Couldn't be happier with my decision regardless, it's a transparent transaction and I know what I'm getting into.
Being very slightly disappointed is reasonable, but complaining essentially every single day is sort of bananaland.

I'm wondering if you will be singing the same song if GB codes takes more than a year to receive an update. Everyone has a breaking point.

#1093 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Dare ya to post that on the Stern Fb page lol .. go on you want too

Stern's already been served
https://www.facebook.com/wheresthecode

#1603 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Just an FYI the new KISS code v1.28 was coded by Lyman.
Also there is to be another update as well for KISS in the near future.

They said the same thing for Star Trek after the last release. Still waiting on that one too.

8 months later
6 months later
#3301 2 years ago

kiss-code-stern-pinball (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Machine - For Sale
Steele, ND
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside