Topic Stats

• 4,231 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by HoneyBadger
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 283 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
Z8QWR8.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fattdirk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago

Do a search. This is how Stern always treats their customers. It's really a catch 22 though because if you wait to buy a game till the code is mature it might never get updated due to poor sales, yet if you buy it early and sales weren't that high then the code doesn't get updated. So either way you're taking a risk. I guess it's better to have a bunch of poorly coded pinball than no pinball at all...

PSA:NO actual facts were used in the making of this comment. Everything you see is pure anecdotal pinside horseshit.

1 month later
#349 3 years ago

I'm thinking positive thoughts on an update. It's going to happen.

#350 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Just an update on the code progress would be nice. Don't know why Stern insists on keeping this stuff a secret. New releases I understand.

Because people just keep throwing their money at them. The pinball hunger is insatiable - check out the GB thread!

Pinhead flowchart
Step 1 - Game Announced
Step 2 - Does game have flippers?
Step 3 - Does game make some sounds?
Step 4 - Does the game have some basic rules?
Step 5 - Do some of the inserts light up and work?
Step 6 - Send Distributor 7k dollars.
Step 7 - Complain about code not being complete
Step 8 - I'll never buy a Stern again!
Step 9 - Goto Step 1

#391 3 years ago

How soon we forget how the mystery award on metallica was 500k everytime for a year. Stern seems to eventually come thru.

#394 3 years ago

I'm hoping this code update is epic. I was playing AC/DC Prem last night and the sound is so shitty on it compared to Kiss. It just feels dated now. Luckily the rules on it kick ass and it's still a great game.

#471 3 years ago

What time does Stern usually post code updates?

#500 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Looking at Kiss and when I played it at Texas Pinball festival one Kiss pin had Flipper Fidelity Speakers and sub and the sound was AMAZING! It sounded so much better than my ACDC which has FF speakers also. Is this just the spike system? What is the game changer for sound on Kiss?
Thanks and I am rooting for code also!

My kiss makes AC/DC prem sound like garbage. Night and day.

#530 3 years ago

Can't wait for the code to drop! I love just staring at the machine it's so fk'n gorgeous. Code is just going to make it over the top!!!

#560 3 years ago

Voices in my head say it's coming tomorrow!!

#575 3 years ago

I love the layout - lighting is sweet and the music rocks. A few more rules and she'll be good to go.

#757 3 years ago

Well Stern is legendary for having shit marketing.

#818 3 years ago

Wow V1.2!!

#852 3 years ago

- Added KISS face awards and backgrounds to KISS ARMY wizard mode.

This is noted in the last code readme. Are the big face inserts used for this? I thought they weren't implemented yet but haven't noticed. I'm going to try and check tonight if I can get to wizard mode.

#879 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Will Stern surprise us today?
I think they won't.

Nope - maybe next week.

#881 3 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

information or assumption?

Talking out of my ass.

#894 3 years ago

Over the next few days and over the weekend we will be play testing the newest KISS pinball code to hopefully be released next week. Cross your fingers it all tests well. It's coming! ‪#‎kisspinball‬ ‪#‎newcode‬

Just posted on Stern's FB.

#962 3 years ago

Man I hope the new code is good. I got Kiss on a whim cause I really think the art and layout are really cool, but man the band sucks so bad. Their music is so terrible. With better code I figure I can just replace the music with something decent and have some cool rules in a awesome looking machine. *fingers crossed*

#969 3 years ago

Couldn't respectfully disagree with you more. What does new code have to do with swapping the songs out if their music is so terrible? I've had mine swapped for months now. I'm glad you're somewhat happy with the layout to spend thousands of dollars on a pin that you can't stand the theme to. To me it's just silly. I'm sure there's plenty of other pins with much better layout and flow that you'd rather listen to. I listen to everything from Cash to Floyd, Maiden, Zepp and countless others. I love KISS' music. It is what it's supposed to be and nothing more. Statements like yours just irk the s**t out of me sometimes. Again, no disrespect and I hope when the code drops we all will be happier KISS owners.

I didn't say I didn't like the theme. I think the art is cool and the layout is sweet. I just think musically kiss is garbage. Love all the other artists you mentioned. I just don't find kiss music to be that great. To me -it's tolerable. Plus I like the whole concert theme of the game. I don't buy a pin strictly for the sound package. Luckily we have pinball browser and can customize it to our liking. Can't say the same about the layout or rules or art.

#1008 3 years ago

They're just hyping to the point of anger. It's going to really suck when the update is utter garbage. I have very low expectations at this point. Trolling your own customers isn't fk'n cool. Whatever happened to under promise over deliver. This is like the facebook dude has no fk'n clue what's going on. I didn't mind waiting but the trolling is really pissing me off.

#1012 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I think it is going to be big. Why else draw attention to it?
I don't remember thus with Avengers or WWE when nig was released.

But why keep hyping it?

#1064 3 years ago

Can't wait to see what photo they use on FB for tonight's troll session.

#1121 3 years ago

How about wicked lighting effects? This game has a ton of lights on it that seem under utilized. I could imagine when you get to kiss army the whole game goes dark and you hear a crowd chanting and then the flashers all go crazy followed by the red lights popping on as the balls are shot out for multib all or whatever.

Also Love Gun could have a much cooler start using the flasher mounted on the back box with them following the progression of the ball better. Maybe turn off the GI and then turn the spot light on Paul and have him give a call out about coming down there to see ya and then have the ball come across then when it gets dropped paul starts moving, but keep the lights focused on the back.

#1122 3 years ago

Looking at the potential of this game. It makes me wonder what kind of magic could be done with these games if you open sourced the code. There is so much talent out there and the game itself could be such a great palate to make something spectacular.

#1200 3 years ago

Don't forget to download v 1.05 in case the update fk's up your game so you can roll back.

#1215 3 years ago

I don't think today is the day.

#1224 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Now that would be ridiculous.

Nothing surprises me at this point.

#1231 3 years ago

Stern facebook guy reading this thread after posting each teaser.

laughingPC_(resized).JPG

#1303 3 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

By my count they've deleted 17 comments. Thats a lot of "unruly" customers.

How can you see that?

#1331 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

+ Additional LED affects added to topper
That's it?! Pinside explodes in anger.

Hilarious

#1359 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

My guess is wireless connectivity is my guess.

Is there even a wireless chip on the spike board? I don't see an antenna on mine.

#1365 3 years ago

Wonder if the orkin man got all the bugs?

#1381 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

This was introduced into GoT

image_(resized).jpeg

Doesn't this just control the audio jack on the board?

#1454 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

This is the major challenge with bugs and bugfixing
bugs_(resized).jpg
So do you owners want code with known bugs, quickly paced bugfix with many more bugs, or a fully tested version?

Time for hot fix 2!

#1459 3 years ago

This thread is ridiculous.

#1606 3 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Super underwhelmed to be honest. Game seems to be less fun for me with new code. Don't know why?
Anyone having issues with weak left flipper after update?

Nope - the new code is fantastic. Adds so much depth to the strategy. Have you been to grid multi-ball yet? The Gi effects are amazing! I don't know how it can be less fun, the code just added additional rules for more scoring and didn't take anything away. Have you played it?

#1609 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I played the new code today and I think it's a turn in the right direction, but there's still A LOT left to be done. At least the grid is now something you pay attention to, unlike before where it was meaningless. Another song is good, but the game could still use a one or two more, especially "I was made for loving you".
Rob

I agree completely - I don't think it's done yet, but I think it's going in the right direction with the added layer of strategy. The stress of keeping the ball alive after finishing a few songs for a big playfield multipiler is really fun. I love locking the balls during demon multi-ball for the multiplier. Can't wait to see how they integrate the cities.

#1617 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Anyone with a PRE/LE having issues with the love gun magnet not 'dropping off' the ball? Mine takes the ball, brings it to the drop spot and then brings it back to the right top of ramp without actually dropping it off...
Does it every time...Makes the game unplayable...
Ideas?

Change your balls out - Maybe they're magnetized?

2 months later
#1703 3 years ago

It cracks me up how polarized people are on this title. I think the game is fantastic. I agree it needs at least one more code update to be complete but I have a blast playing it now. It's a real shooters game with some tight shots and killer flow. I replaced my ST with the Kiss and couldn't be happier. My issue with ST was that in a home environment it was just too easy and repetitive. Kiss has you shooting that right ramp pretty frequently and it's tough as nails if you don't have it dialed in.

I'm pretty confident Lyman will come thru and make a code masterpiece where all the big points are centered around slamming that right ramp. Risk vs reward. All I think of is how everyone complained about TWD until the code was updated and now everyone raves about it. It just takes time to polish a machine and although Stern is slow, they don't seem to just abandon games very quickly.

#1712 3 years ago

Didn't Keefer get laid off when Stern was about to go belly up?

3 weeks later
#1723 3 years ago

The more I play this game the more I like it. I know everyone is getting restless for it to be finished but what keeps my patience in check is remember how Metallica used to award 500k as the mystery award everytime for like 2 years. Stern maybe slow, but I think they just take their time to do it right.

#1733 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

right now kiss pin is thought of as a turd.

Why? Game shoots great, has decent rules and gorgeous art. Just needs polish in the code. To me a turd is a game like avengers where the physical layout sucks.

#1735 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I agree. Also KISS is a great tournament game IMO.

I love jamming on the demon targets to double jackpots in demon multiball during ball save. Also like to complete two songs before multi ball so I have a couple of 4x multipliers going on shots.

#1737 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'm so scared to drain on this game that I always go for MB first and try to complete a song during MB. That would be awesome to be two songs deep before MB though. That or start super ramps after completing two songs.

Isn't super ramps a random award? I play rock and roll all night then shout it out loud as my two songs before multiball. Usually if I get thru those multi ball will be lit.

#1740 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. Just saying if I am in single ball and I have a couple songs done, and backstage is lit, I will dump the ball in there just in case I get ramps. Can be huge points.
Why do you pick those two songs? I've been deuce all day as it seems to be pretty valuable.

The shot pattern is easy for me to complete. Then I change to detroit rock city for multi ball since all shots are lit. At least thats the plan. Usually doesn't work out that way!

#1744 3 years ago

Yeah Deuce is pretty good. Why do you do hotter than hell? I like the song but the drops are hard for me to not end up draining and consistently light the shots. It seems to be a lucrative song though.

3 weeks later
#1767 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Heard a rumour Kiss code is coming in next few days...
Cant wait its going to be awesome!

Lol - surrrreeeeee... Free beer tomorrow!

#1787 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh dang! I wonder what the significance of that is? Very interesting!

To make use speculate furiously on pinside about some random gibberish

#1789 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Would be awesome if they gobbled up that license. Pretty killer theme for pinball IMO.

I agree.

#1799 3 years ago

The code will come. The game is fine as is so far. It will just get better. This game is xmen part 2.

#1811 3 years ago

Has anyone tried lowering the playfield multiplier to 1 song completion instead of 2? I saw Trent today and he recommended that setting and I really like it better. The only settings I have outside of factory are the grid completions for grid MB is set to 1 and the multiplier set to 1. The only issue with the multiplier setting change is that it carries over from ball to ball so lets say I complete a song on my first ball and have 2x playfield lit. When I drain the multiplier goes away, but when I finish the next song it gives me 3x. It would be great if there was a setting that would allow you to have each song completion give you a multiplier but it resets back to 0 when you drain. That would give you some pretty epic scores if you're on a heater.

I just feel like the multiplier should be more accessible to average players. I think the way it's programmed with the two shots to get a multiplier makes sense for more advanced players though because you can plan it out to light up your multi balls and then if you drain you can complete your song on your next ball, get 2x going and then start your multiball. It's just hard for me to complete 4 songs in a game much less the number it takes to get to colossal bonus lit.

I hope we get more code soon. It has been since April for the last update and I think we're due. Hopefully soon!

#1821 3 years ago

I've got a mantis and it is reject city. Seems like I can hit it fine when there's nothing lit there though.

2 weeks later
#1854 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

At least Stern confirmed on their FB page officially that a KISS code update is coming. There is hope!

I guess. Better than nothing.

#1865 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

What's sad is that at this point, it doesn't seem to be hurting their business at all. Until people stop buying games before the code is complete, Stern will not change one bit on the code front.

I think it does hurt their business. They seem to keep relying on new people coming into the market while alienating the old guard. It's going to be interesting. I just don't see the model as being sustainable. I'm always on the verge of buying a NIB Stern and then they do something that makes me put my money right back into my pocket every single time. I end up getting all my newer Stern games on the secondary market because I can never pull the trigger on so much risk for such a high cost.

Another thing that was allowing the prices to be driven higher was the healthy secondary market from buyers like me, but this Kiss fiasco has really got me wary and I'm sure others. The new games being perceived as maintaining their values I believe has allowed the initial sales price to be driven higher since at any time you know you can get 80% of your money back even on a quick sale. I don't see this as being the future as the company just abandons code over and over.

Stern needs to really commit to producing decent code so the games maintain a high value in the secondary market thus driving NIB sales.

#1867 3 years ago

Today is probably the day!

#1871 3 years ago

Hey dirk is your KISS in your personal lineup or on route? If its on route just curious how it's doing?

It's in my basement.

1 week later
#1924 3 years ago

I'm hoping there's a huge expo code drop to help Stern pump good will. I can't see it being any other way.

#1940 3 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

If my KISS machine played anything like the one in that video I would love it. The ball goes in the scoop? The slings don't shoot it right down the drains? the Ace bumper doesn't shoot right down the right drain? The gene doesn't get clogged and have to search for the ball almost every time? maybe I should have bought a pro...

Mine plays exactly like the video. I've had zero issues. I can see how it could be really frustrating if that's how the game played. What is the pitch of your game set at? Have you checked to make sure the opto at genes mouth isn't unplugged? Mine came loose once and wouldn't register shots.

#1966 3 years ago

Just curious if you guys have idea on how to improve the kiss code.

I'm thinking to implement the cities it'd be cool to do something similar to Dr Who where each song has a "shot booster" on the playfield and ends up advancing a feature quicker or something liek that. Say Hotter than hell starts you with two demon locks or maybe another song has love gun lit from the beginning.

Another feature I think would be cool is a super jackpot shot where you loop the middle ramp over and over and the make some noise meter keeps going up and the crowd keeps getting louder and once you make so many shots ~10 then the love gun flasher starts pulsing on the right ramp and you have to nail that shot and as it come down the right return lane one of the kiss targets flashes, nail that then the GI turns to red and the demon head starts flashing like crazy and then you shoot Gene's mouth and the whole game goes nuts and you get a SUPER JACKPOT.

I think that would be bad ass. A sequence of shots like that really makes you feel good.

Anyone else have any ideas.

#1969 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I think the first person who has the capability and means to redo/improve code will either 1. Make a shit ton of money or 2. Be sued by Stern for some infringement/copy-write violation, which is sad and only furthers peoples frustrations toward Stern. In any case, TAKE MY MONEY!...........Crap........I hope Stern does not read this and attempt to capitalize on selling code improvements, wouldn't put it past them at this point.

I'm surprised with pinball browser being able to swap the music that someone isn't out there altering code. They probably know Stern would put out a C&D pretty quickly.

#1972 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Pinball browser allows you to change the assets that are called by the code. The code itself is not actually tampered with. And being a binary, I'm pretty sure it can't be. Unfortunately. (Although I'm sure some nerd will yell, "yes, it can!!")

Makes sense. I'm just saying that someone figured that out so I'm sure someone could reverse engineer Stern's boardset and produce some alternative code. I feel like some people on this forum have great programming skills.

#1978 3 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Anyone hear an update on this at Expo?

Stern is committed to code!!

#1980 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Yeah price keeps going through the rough while quality and ability to get pins to us quickly have declined. With KISS they also showed us how much they care about the code support...

Stern has really played the politics game recently. Saying one thing and doing another. I just hope the kiss owners keep this thread alive so people thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these expensive NIB games remembers how they're going to be treated ultimately and once the new smell wears off they're still going to have a game with half assed code for a long time if not forever.

3 weeks later
#2048 2 years ago

Only 11 days till it's been 7 months since a code update!! Thanks Stern! You suck!

#2050 2 years ago

Should probably start a where's the Batman 66 code stern thread now.

#2065 2 years ago

I just can't believe Stern would invest so much in producing a game and just not finish the code. It's insane. It truly shows what a shit company they really are.

#2070 2 years ago

I think this must prove that players don't really care about the code and we're actually a small vocal minority. It seems like Stern has a solid business despite the unfinished code. I just like complete games personally with long term goals I can play towards. I just assumed most people were like that but maybe I'm wrong.

#2084 2 years ago

I play for fun not for points...

Well said - this is exactly how I feel. I could give a fk less about competitive play which is how the kiss machine is designed right now as I see it. I like going on an adventure when I play pinball.

#2099 2 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

you sound like a sook who cant get what he wants when he wants . No matter what code comes out people will always complain and ask for another update..
was better when we bought games as is like Williams etc there were no more expectations! People are spoilt these days and Stern has left themselves open now and will never please 100% of the crowd who buys these machines..
Just be grateful that they are still making great games and pinball still thrives in the 21st century ... end of rant

When you spend 7k on a game you do so with the expectation that Stern is going to come thru on the code. I actually don't mind the code not being polished when the game is released because it gives the community the opportunity to have some input on the finished product and also lets you have a fresh game every 6 mos or so. At least that is how it's supposed to work, but lately it's been BS where Stern just abandons the code effort and you are stuck with an incomplete game. I wish I knew what the core issues were. It's the complete and utter lack of communication that burns my ass. Especially after Jared creates a whole thread promoting Stern's committment to code which was just a total fk'n lie. I was playing the hobbit and WOZ at my buddies house the other day and they're miles ahead of my Kiss in terms of quality and code. Both games make my kiss look like a zizzle. Stern sucks. I really want them to keep producing games but not if this is the cost. I really hope people start voting with their dollars so Stern gets the idea that we've had enough.

#2120 2 years ago

This video is so confusing. You can see Metallica's everywhere. Ummmm... maybe that's because the code is great. I don't get how Stern doesn't see this or doesn't care. Seems like there's a pretty obvious correlation between having great code and selling a lot of games. It's like a catch 22, well we'll update the code if we sell x games, but we don't sell x games cause the code sucks. awww jeeeezz.

#2135 2 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

I hope they add a knock when you match or win a game. I miss that pop , Pavlov's dog reaction to putting up a good ball or game. I don't know of any recent title other than Kiss that doesn't knock with a match or replay.

You're right! It doesn't screech when you get a replay. I didn't realize that till just now. Wonder if there's a setting.

#2139 2 years ago

My KISS screeches. I turned it off in the settings.

For a replay? I feel like mine just does the atomic bomb and gene goes REPLAY. I'll have to play it tonight and see.

1 week later
#2140 2 years ago

Kiss code xmas?

#2166 2 years ago

#RopptheFlopp

#2168 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Out of curiosity what was the last genuinely good title code wise programmed by Lonnie?

Hard to say- Tron was the last one where he was lead.

1 week later
#2187 2 years ago

This game has been abandoned. Stern sells games on theme. Kiss apparently wasn't a popular theme. They've moved on to the next game. I think it's just time to accept it and move on.

#2230 2 years ago

Change log:

V 1.29

Fixed issue where ticket dispenser timing was causing tickets to jam

#2239 2 years ago

Played about 10 games of kiss last night. I must say that grid multiball is one of the coolest modes in pinball. The light show on the premium is unreal. That mode just rocks. Even if stern doesn't have a huge update I hope they fix some of the super annoying bugs like how ball save is flashing when the ball fires out if genes head in multiball but doesn't save the ball. Pisses me off everytime cause I forget.

Does anyone know if changing the songs between balls when it isn't complete is a bug? I can't figure out why sometimes I goes to song select and other times it doesnt.

#2243 2 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Doubt they change that. Other wise I'd just trap a ball on the right flipper then whenever a ball is going to drain out the Outlane just backhand Gene and the ball is coming back. Pretty sure that will remain a ball save only during single ball play.

That's fine just fix the ball save light to not blink during multiballs.

#2246 2 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

If you happened to catch the recent John's Arcade video of the Stern factory tour, Jody D. talks about a big KISS code update in the works. It's a long video and I can't recall when the topic comes up. It's fairly early on when the guys are all standing in front of the playable games on the factory floor. Listen when they are standing there talking about the KISS machine.
» YouTube video

He says it like - "yeah the community really wants that." I'm not sure I'd put much weight in that. He's just a salesman.

#2263 2 years ago

Who believe's it'll be before May? Otherwise less than a year since the last code drop.

#2279 2 years ago

#wherestheaerosmithcode?

#2289 2 years ago

I can't believe how similar it is. It's like they took out the star child area and put the jester lock in there and then added a mini playfield up the love gun ramp. It's crazy. It's like the same freak'n game.

#2295 2 years ago

Wonder if the upper playfield will share rules with the star child area?

I mean it's like they transposed star child and raised it up and replaced Gene with the jester lock thing.

#2310 2 years ago

The spinner sound on kiss is the camera sound from CSI.

2 weeks later
#2360 2 years ago

My Gene hardly ever shoots the ball SDTM. It works fine.

It's annoying that the ball saver light blinks during multiball even though it's not actually active. Gets me every time I'm on a heater.

You can adjust the ball save time on Gene in the settings if you keep missing the ball save due to it bouncing around before hitting the trough.

Codewise - it would be nice if they polished up the wizard modes a bit. Heavens on fire has such cool lighting effects and is a better wizard mode than rock city currently. I really think they need to add some more pizazz to it. Base rules are fine as they stand. Remind me of Star Trek but with less polish.

2 weeks later
#2501 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

If it wasn't KISS, I would have sold it by now. I am hoping for a TWD or MET like code update that makes it rock.

I'm going to be honest - I don't have much faith that an update is really coming. The title didn't sell well and I think Stern was trying to help the distributors liquidate their old stock by saying an update was coming. They have no business reason to update the game again. How it is today is how it will be forever. On 4/21 it will have been a year since the last update. I hope I'm wrong, but at this point I've lost faith. Lonnie just isn't working on it and probably doesn't intend to also.

#2509 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I disagree. SM and XM got updates long after they had gone into the Stern archive.

I hope you're right. Business wise I don't see it making sense since the title is a total flop. The stern train keeps a rollin.

#2513 2 years ago

You're kidding right? Abandoning a game with beta code burns home buyers badly. And home use buyers are a huge portion of their business today. I pulled my deposit on a GB LE and wont buy a BM66 because of this. I'm not alone on this. Sure they sell out. But how many MORE could they sell if they produced quality/finished code within 12 months of release? Imagine if they actually committed to that and delivered?

They don't care about your money. There are plenty more people to step up to buy the LE that you turned down in protest. They just keep selling out. (Except Kiss cause it was a flop)

#2514 2 years ago

One more point is I don't think they actually promised an update. They were careful about what they said "Stay Tuned" isn't a promise of an update and neither is - "We're working on it - I know that's something the community wants".

I hope I'm wrong, but if they were going to have a polish update it would've been released by now.

#2518 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Great code update equals a ton more games being sold and produced.

I don't think this is true. Most people buy games based on theme. I think they keep updating code as long as the game is selling. Once it stops it gets abandoned, hence where we are with Kiss. Sales drive code which might drive more sales. They don't invest in writing kick ass code on a turd theme and hope it sells.

#2522 2 years ago

The fact remains that more pins would be sold if they had a better code release process.

I disagree - the majority of pinheads I know barely scratch the surface on the rules of the game. Most people just suck at pinball. I'd honestly be curious to see how many people complaining about the Kiss code that have actually seen everything in the game. I know I haven't. I'm considering putting my premium on route because I think it'll earn well which is ultimately what Stern cares about.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I don't think KISS is a turd theme - it is actually as much fun to play as AC/DC and MET but obviously has code deficiencies.

Come on now - comparing the band Kiss to AC/DC or MET is like comparing Milli Vanilli to Michael Jackson.

#2523 2 years ago

Here's a challenge for y'all. Post on Stern's facebook and get an answer of Yes or No on the code update and don't accept stay tuned. That will settle it once and for all.

#2534 2 years ago

You are literally disagreeing that a pin with completely baked solid code wouldn't sell more units than a pin with half baked code?

No - Kiss code is pretty solid. It could use some polish but I think it's a fun game and earning decently. I wouldn't call it half baked. I don't think a code improvement would sell that many more since it's just not a popular theme.

Quoted from ejg10532626:

I will not even consider any new Stern game until they finish Kiss, and I know I am not alone.

There are new buyers lining up to fill your spot. Stern has demonstrated they just don't care. Quality is on the decline, price and sales on the incline.

Finally, It doesn't take 10 months to update the code. They're just not working on it because it's a dead title.

#2554 2 years ago

Stay tuned!

#2558 2 years ago

another day another BM66 code release...Crickets on KISS...Flood their FB page! I suggest being polite though...

They could care less. No update is coming.

#2565 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Stern has said it's coming multiple times. I believe we'll get at least one more.

They never said it's coming. They said stay tuned and that it was something the community was asking for. They never committed to it. If you have another source that says differently I'd like to see it because it would make me feel better about my game.

#2570 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Well, yes, I do. Jody says CLEARLY "the team's working on a big code update for KISS" on the John's Arcade tour:
» YouTube video
And it's not the ONLY time Stern or their representatives have explicitly said an update is coming. So, yeah, it's COMING. Calm down.

Working on it isn't a comittment. Obviously they are not working on it ad it's been 10 months.

#2579 2 years ago

Well I'm taking one for the team. Kiss has just left the building so I would expect code to be released this weekend as would be my standard luck. Enjoy it all! I hope it turns out amazing!

#2592 2 years ago

Ok I'm going to eat crow here - I rewatched the John's arcade Stern tour and he definitely said a big code update is coming for Kiss. I'm not sure how I remember it differently, but he definitely committed to it. I admit I was wrong. Luckily I still have access to a few copies of the game to test out the new code when it comes.

1 week later
#2644 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Anyone thinking of purchasing Aerosmith should read this thread first.

It's going to be the same old song and dance.

1 week later
#2697 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Are we on 11 months now since the last update?

Last update was on 4/21. 35 days till it's been a whole year. I'm sure the update must be coming soon. Stern wouldn't say an update was coming if it wasn't. If they did that would be a really stupid move.

#2698 2 years ago

Man - look at this circle jerk going on over here. I give it one year until they are in the same boat as the Kiss owners. This is why we don't get timely updates. "Ohhh it's different this time" PSSSSHHHH... yeah right!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-big-review-surprise-of-year

1 week later
#2742 2 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

It needs a bug or two fixed. I honestly feel that the screaming for every game to be completely overhauled every year keeps them from addressing the few bugs and moving on. The game is complete. The cities change the call outs. WTF do you all think is going to be added to the game at this point? Every code release for every other Stern title is now a reason to demand "where's the KISS code???". If you don't like the game now, it seems impossible that a final code update will make you do a 180, so why not sell your KISS machines if they are so terrible and move on?

If Stern kept their mouth shut and didn't say a code update was coming and just acknowledged it was done people wouldn't be screaming. I agree that not every game has to be super deep and Kiss is a great looking pin with fun rules at the moment. Jody said, on video mind you, that an update was coming. Even if you think the game is fine as is, just lying to the pinball community about a "big update" coming to a game people dropped 5k + for is just a shit bag move. I think people have every right to be pissed. If you don't want people to scream, don't make promises that you don't keep.

#2829 2 years ago

NEW ORRRLEANS We gunnna ROCK TONIGHT!!!

1 week later
#2840 2 years ago

Is it here YET?

1 month later
#2902 2 years ago

Mine virtually never goes sdtm. Weird.

Mine never did either. Some must just be wonky.

1 month later
#3142 2 years ago

I'm still hoping they release the update to kiss even though I no longer have the machine. I honestly miss it, the art was fantastic. A little code and it's going to be a masterpiece.

1 month later
#3372 2 years ago

Jesus - what a letdown.

#3434 2 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Stern cant really win any way can they... everyone complains about an update. Then they get an update which if i recall being mentioned at a time, was primarily bug fixes.

Well Jody should shut his mouth. He said on the John's arcade stream that there's a "Big update" coming. This isn't a big update this is an afternoon fixing a few bugs. It's horseshit.

3 months later
#3665 1 year ago

Kiss is such a fantastic game. I was just playing my old one at my buddies house and miss it a lot. Here's hoping for a final polish!!

#3667 1 year ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Been waiting a long time for new code...like 40 years...

How can you improve on perfection?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 263.55
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fattdirk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside