F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider falconpunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#176 8 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Come on STERN ! Bring it on as the wait is ridiculous ! .... What happens if we all bombard their Facebook page ?

Jared would delete all our comments

#178 8 years ago

I think if the pin wasn't being worked on it might do something
But they apparently are, and also fixing WWE.....so whats it going to do? Make them work harder?

No point

1 month later
#606 8 years ago

swtmvsx_(resized).jpgswtmvsx_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#876 8 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Yeah, scratching my head at why they're teasing a software update. New game release, sure....but a software update that is long overdue????

It's so bad someone could make a Hitler reaction video about it

#941 8 years ago

"You wanted the best, you got the best!!"

So, Lyman fixed up Lonies coding mess?

#1004 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

We are now up to tease #5.

Number 6.
6 teases for something people spent 5-10k on a year ago and have been patiently waiting for a year to get out of Beta code.
Where did this guy learn to market products. The toilet store?

#1024 8 years ago
Quoted from shakethatmachine:

Solid rumor is that Lyman has been working on the update for many weeks. I can only hope this is true.

Wasn't there a similar solid rumour for WWE before code dropped?

#1115 8 years ago

In the ROM for the game there is audio for GENE counting down from 10. So hopefully that makes it in and there is an objective with a timer. Maybe some find of wizard/mini wizard that isn't just a normal multiball

1 month later
#1655 7 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

The color of the inserts change. I believe it's blue and then purple (could be reversed).

Seems like you cannot tell on the pro since those aren't RGB inserts

5 months later
#2082 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I may get slayed for this but I think it needs a complete re write. There is nothing to the rules now except 'shoot here because points and stuff'. There are so many fun things they could do with cities (think roadshow), backstage adventures (imagine?), instruments (oh no, the guitar broke, you have 20 seconds to collect a new one!), Band member kidnapped (complete kiss army to go hunt them down). Maybe those are all stupid but thats with 15 seconds worth of thinking about it. There needs to be much more than 'big points if you shoot this arrow and then that arrow!'
In other words, it doesn't need new ways to get more points. It needs an injection of fun and creativity. Add some Roadshow, FishTales, hell, even Metallica creativity and humor...Its a campy band that wears makeup for gods sake. Lets have some fun.

Star Trek code is decent, and they didn't need to re-write the entire software.
I bought KISS about 6 months after release thinking I was coming in at a good time and it would be complete soon. Sold the machine a couple of months later after the last code update. The way they teased the update for weeks got me so upset.
Its not a horrible game, it deserves so much more.

Quoted from Khabbi:

I attended Freeplay Florida last weekend and sat in on the Gary Stern presentation. I had to ask him about Kiss code. I mentioned that I have my Kiss machine next to my Metallica and AC/DC machines and that the code is glaringly sparse and in great need of some refinement and added features. The only thing Gary could say is that they "would have 1 more update for Kiss".
That's it. He seemed unapolgetic and seemed like he didn't care.
Meanwhile, the rumor was that there was a Batman LE at the show still in the box, but that the game is not ready for reveal because of code... And specifically, Lyman was working on code. So there ya go, the coder we need for Kiss is tied up coding new games, so the chances of getting Kiss done anytime soon seems unlikely.

Not sure what you expect, Gary its a salesman. He isn't going to devalue his product if its still in production. He was unapologetic about the ghosted inserts as well. Made jokes about how the only ghosted machine they saw in the Chicago area was an AFM.

2 months later
#2506 7 years ago

For those that think the code is pretty good....

Most modes in games have a timer or other ways to finish modes. With kiss, correct me if I'm wrong, but if you need to shoot through the pops to complete a mode, and cannot make the shot... You are stuck in jail. Cannot choose another song, cannot finish the mode another way... Cannot time it out.

I don't see this being an issue with great players but it puts a big gap of fun between the great players and above average players.

I never had problems with cities being missing (although it is a little annoying), but the 'mode jail' thing was super frustrating so I sold the machine. Know about 6 people that bought kiss NIB and 5 of them have sold it. That has never happened.

2 months later
#2869 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

So true.
The KISS code isn't too bad at all.
I do like some aspects of the AS code ... ie when you finish a mode, you automatically get "Super something" rather than a random award from the scoop.
In saying that, a final polish and clean up is needed, just to finish KISS off.
rd

Is it THAT close? Correct me if I am wrong but modes on AS go for 30 seconds unless you extend time.
Then you can hit the scoop to change song/mode

In KISS it doesnt end until you hit enough shots
So you can be stuck in a mode forever - and unlike ST, which makes more shots available if you are taking too long....KISS will keep that same shot lit.
So if you are in a mode where ONLY the shot through the bumpers is lit, or ONLY the right ramp is lit.....if you cannot make the shots you are stuck.
That small difference makes a HUGE difference in the games code. How it plays. How fun it is.
Correct me if I am wrong.

2 weeks later
#3001 6 years ago

Knock knock
Who is there?
Kiss release date.
Kiss release date who?
IT'S BEEN 752 DAYS SINCE KISS WAS RELEASED WTF!

1 week later
#3071 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Code is everything!
Stern re-made ACDC - Lyman code.
They re-made Spiderman - Lyman code.
They will re-make Tron - Lyman code.
None of these games would be re-made if code was poor or even just average.

Tron is Lonnie + lyman.

Hasn't lyman already worked in kiss?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 29.95
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 24.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider falconpunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code?tu=falconpunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.