F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edenecho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1351 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

When you actually rate Stern on Facebook they cannot delete your rating. Everyone should rate them and rate them based on how they really feel.

With an almost new game of thrones in my home and a twd prem coming next week, i am very happy with stern. I understand they have really screwed upwith code suppport for many games, BUT ... instead of people bitching that they will never buy a stern again; with got and gb they seem to have started a new trend with a good launch code. Doing this with all new games coming onward means less manpower for updating games before got. Thats just a natural consequence of prioritizing good launch code on new games. So no reason to not buy future games from stern if they continue the trend. A little unfortunate with the overteasing for the kiss code update, but being a programmer myself i know how unexpected bugs may appear in the strangest places. When stern is now doing a big update, why should they not delay the code a short while to fix the bugs? People will complain anyways.

#1356 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

One or two games isn't a trend. Even the one you just bought (TWD) wasn't good until updates.
GOT was the exception. The launch code was good.

I know twd was lacking for a long time, thats not the point. Two of the newest stern games has good launch code, at least gb looks like it is quite solid, we will see on launch. I believe it is a new trend. Unless the sole problem is lonnie, that he is too slow when programming so he never gets it to as far as dwight does within deadline?

#1442 7 years ago

This is the major challenge with bugs and bugfixing

bugs_(resized).jpgbugs_(resized).jpg

So do you owners want code with known bugs, quickly paced bugfix with many more bugs, or a fully tested version?

3 months later
#1769 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

.. incomplete features (cities)...

Is it confirmed by Lonnie that this always has been the plan, to have cities implemented in the code?
And that it is not just to get a "tour" feeling, and also with callouts attached to them.

3 months later
#2128 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

No, that's actually just a few pinsiders that can't handle moderate challenge.

Haha exactly what i thought, not all those things equals flaws, it just equals a goddamn challenge ☺ i even read somewhere that someone made custom flippers for the game that are longer than normal to minimize the gap.. COME ON?! :p maybe buy something easier instead then ☺ but yeah yeah, its their game, they can do what they want etc etc..

1 month later
#2337 7 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Just noticed that on Stern's Facebook page, Bowen Kerins stated "Kiss code is already in terrific condition" to someone complaining to Stern about KISS code.

I am totally sure Bowen is trolling!

#2356 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

GOT has way more buggy code than KISS. KISS may need a little polish but at least the side lane ball saves work properly ... unlike GOT.
rd

Really? I have a hard time believing that. And most critical is the stupid SDTM from Genes mouth, thats almost game breaking.
I played KISS on a location in Oslo last week, and yes, while they have "fixed" the sdtm by adding the ball saver...its a joke! as long as the ball goes 100 % straight into the trough it works, but if the balls delay 0.25 second because it hits the apron wall before going into the trough..No ball save! Jesus christ, It really pissed me off

It seems so lazy to not play test it enough and just adjust the angle of Genes mouth slightly to one side.

That aside, there is always something with the game that makes me play some rounds when I see it at tournaments or locations, I dont fancy Kiss music but it grooves with the pinball.

#2401 7 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Oh my freaking word! First of all, a NIB KISS game just needs to be adjusted like every other freaking Stern NIB game. My KISS Pro NEVER does a SDTM (well maybe 0.05% of the time). Second, ALL pins have an element of sending a ball SDTM. GB is WAY worse that KISS with the drains, airballs and such and people just overlook those facts on GB. Third, the ball save time is adjustable!

Good to know, and also that this is a non-issue after setting it up Just a pity that the operators dont care enough about to set it up, playtest and adjust enough before placing on location.
That said, I still think its lazy not play testing it enough at Stern and maybe just adjusting the kickout angle with a small margin.

Anyways, a fun game to play from time to time

1 week later
#2436 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Where's the 1,000x like button?

Agree! It has become a consesus that the cities were supposed to be ahuge part of the game from start and therefore is a lacking feature.
But maybe as mentioned it was just for callouts.. After all, its Lonnie and it feels like he doesnt have the same grand visions for coding as dwight and lyman.

#2461 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Oh come on! Have you ever played AC/DC? The game has friggin rules for what targets you hit based on if the song was played on a certain tour they did. And we're supposed to believe that on Kiss, selecting a city is just so we can hear a call out?
Stern has abandoned the code on Kiss and we all know it, speculating that the cities are fine they way they are is just ridiculous.

But that was lyman. Kiss is lonnie. Different styles.

#2548 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You know Kiss is unfinished from the second you start! "Choose a City" ....does nothing.

Except...it does. it changes the callouts doesnt it?

4 months later
#3133 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Thinking about this, if Stern had any integrity why can't they officially say 'Kiss code is being worked on and there will be an update in 2017'.
Is it really that difficult to do?

Well they have said its being worked on? And if they say 2017 but dont manage to before end of year, people go even more frantic?

1 month later
#3391 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Jesus - what a letdown.

Stern cant really win any way can they... everyone complains about an update. Then they get an update which if i recall being mentioned at a time, was primarily bug fixes.

So new code comes... and people are still unhappy the cycle repeats.

#3395 6 years ago

What about if Stern just removed cities, in an update? Would people then be able to be at peace with them not doing anything(since they are not there),or would it be a outburst/meltdown?

#3398 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

For the last time, the cities are mainly for the call outs. If they decide to do more with it, I would be happy but that is what its there for.

Yes, and as someone mentioned on facebook, its the same with NBA Fastbreak, now whining that the team selection does not offer more? =)

#3442 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Well Jody should shut his mouth. He said on the John's arcade stream that there's a "Big update" coming. This isn't a big update this is an afternoon fixing a few bugs. It's horseshit.

Cant disagree on that. But when its a fact he says much bs, then at least people should know they cant trust him

1 month later
#3514 6 years ago

UHMM...is it a droptarget at the entrance to the starchild area??

2 months later
#3707 6 years ago

Has Iron Maiden been delayed again then?

It seems to be rumored that this was trudeaus project and supposed to come very soon, but since he is....occupied... with trial, gotg was pushed ahead instead. Which also would explain the crap initial code.

2 years later
#4237 4 years ago

3. There is an adjustment but Demon MB should carry over like LG MB.

Carry over?

#4242 4 years ago

At the moment you have to complete Demon MB in a single ball to go from flashing light to fully lit ( one of the 4 requirements for Rock City ).
In the adjustments you can save progress of Demon MB ( carry over ) - makes it a bit easier to reach RC.
Never done that as getting 12 instruments, and finishing Demon and LG in one game is insanely hard!

Aha! Thanks for explaining

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edenecho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code?tu=edenecho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.