F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#128 8 years ago

I never trust someone who doesn't know the difference between your and you're...it's so simple!

As far as Stern code, I've come to terms with their system. It was really easy to blast them for taking a year or more on most titles, cause, after all...Uncle Willy almost NEVER released unfinished games.

But then you think about it...even an early code Stern is usually as deep as any of those Williams games. Even something like KISS as it is now. So I'll cut them some slack...games like Metallica and Walking Dead are just average releases until the code gets updated. They are working real miracles with the code and it takes time.

1 month later
#801 8 years ago

So 16 pages of whining and as usual, new code is coming - like always. Shocker.

These threads should just go in the basement.

#804 8 years ago

I'm totally sick of KISS, just like I was of Walking Dead, so I'm looking forward to this update to reinvigorate the game like it did for Walking Dead.

#824 8 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Im not that familiar with TWD. Was the code update that different?
Im a big WD fan and the machine seemed to be a zombie machine. Seemed like there are no characters from the show.

Huge depth was added, along with refinements. It made a big, big difference.

The TV show licensing stuff? Nah not really, as far as specific characters. But there was more stuff like Terminus added.

10 months later
#2425 7 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

That game is a disaster. Even the most vocal proponent on Pinside of BM66 get a 15k turd with missing screws, a broken lazy susan, and non-working flippers. KISS's code is 10x more developed then BM66 from what I am seeing.
Could you imagine taking delivery of a brand new Chevy Cruz (a couple thousand more than BM66 SLE with discounts) and having to connect the exhaust, find a place for missing fasteners and troubleshoot why it won't start?

Can you imagine driving a pinball machine to the grocery store?

No. That is why the cargument needs to die a quick death.

1 month later
#2709 7 years ago

It's time for you guys to start selling off or trading your KISS machines.

I'd trade a WWE for one!

#2715 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

They need to wake up and realize there is true competition coming and going to take some of the market share. We have choices now. .

Not true. There is no proper alternative to Stern at this time - no other company puts out multiple titles a year. They seem to still own the "Actual pinball company churning out games on the reg at sane prices" market all to themselves.

#2721 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

What part of "Competition coming" did you guys forget to read. If Stern does not step it up someone is gonna figure it out and take a huge share of Stern's market.
It takes more than a fresh coat of paint to win Thunder Road and that's is all Stern is doing with each new release.
It only took them how long to get rid of the DMD display.....just one example. I am not here to bash Stern....I just want a code update as do many others for several titles and we can't get that.
Competition is good and that should drive Stern to improve what they do.

A bunch of hopeful conjecture does not mean "competition is coming." What part of "Stern is the only actual pinball company churning out games on the reg at sane prices" did you forget to read?

You are suggesting that Stern needs to change it's business and software development practices or they are doomed to lose market share, yet there is zero actual evidence of that being true.

#2724 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Levi, you are obviously trying to troll this pretty hard. The market has grown. New companies are starting. Some have failed and others are succeeding. Spooky is growing. Anyone that fails to see this is asleep at the wheel. Not saying Spooky is taking down Stern but with each company selling games people have choices and that is cutting into Stern's market share. Simple economics. If someone gets it right they can earn ALOT of business. Stern is in a position to stay number one or lose market share slowly and erode their business over time. That's all I am saying. Enough on that.
Since #where's the code is not helping today it's time to # a beer....or two...and play some pin.

Not trolling. I think Stern is doing a fine job and nobody else has come anywhere close to accomplishing what they are doing. This always gets lost in the complaints about code. As far as KISS, that game is far more "complete" than any of you want to admit. They should just get rid of the city choices and call it a day.

#2769 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

try selling a kiss right now. a kiss le wouldnt fetch more than a wwe le.
everyone knows code is weak. l

Bullshit. I'd LOVE to buy a KISS LE - right now - for $5,000. I'd love to buy a pro for $4,000.

For all the pissing and moaning ain't nobody selling a KISS cheap.

Snap out of it bro. And while you are at it, send me a PM. I'll be happy to buy your KISS cheap. I'll send you a check and you can drop it off at Rock Fantasy for me.

#2795 7 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

4500 Pro on FB in CA.

So basically what the original owner paid for it brand new.

There was a time when people expected to lose $500-1000 for opening the box on a NIB game. Obviously KISS is holding its value and the "Kiss Kode Sucks Selloff" is just a figment of the pinmagination.

#2798 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Knowing a HUO kiss is likely to have rarely been played and has had any NIB issues dialed in helps...The promise of a 'major code update' also plays a role I think.
You seem to take all of this very personally...
Whats gives?

LOL

unlike the other 200 people in this thread who don't "take it seriously" (you'd think not turning cities into modes is somehow going to kill sick orphans).

I take this as seriously as I take everything else here. Again, isn't discussion the point of this place?

I think KISS is a fine game and it's complete and I don't understand the endless complaints. And I'd love to buy one, at the allegedly "cheap panic selloff price" i keep hearing about. So somebody hook a latent kisstard up!

LICK IT UP, LICK IT UP...it's only right now!

#2803 7 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

My biggest wish is that Stern would just come out and tell us what their intentions are with the code. If its done- so be it.

It's like when the rollercoaster breaks down but they refuse to give you an estimate on how long it's gonna take to fix it. I mean what would they have to gain by locking themselves into anything?

#2809 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The roller coaster though is typically down for maybe a few hours, not 6 months to 1 year. KISS owners have been waiting a year for a code update. That is ridiculous. This is pinball code we are talking about, not code for a secret government project. Stern can and should openly provide an update to owners.

Again, not sure how that benefits them. This is a business not a morality play.

Say they are done, and people will bitch. Say an update is coming, they'll bitch even more if the deadline isn't met.

Say nothing? I'm sorry, but it's true, that's probably your path of least resistance when it comes to bitching. It's just the smart play.

4 months later
#3346 6 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Honestly, Stern has kinda ruined pinball for me going forward.

Ladies and gentlemen...I give you...Pinside.

3 months later
#3655 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wonder how close we are to color dmd on this game?
Or will nothing happen until the final update?

Color ain't gonna do this game any favors with the terrible "real" animations. Really time-consuming to that as well. Probably many other games in line first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.95
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.