F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capguntrooper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1107 8 years ago

You know your doing it right when you show people on Sterns Facebook page how to fix their machines and you get banned.

#1111 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

GOT orbit fix or was it something else?

saucer eject fix for KISS

#1335 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Why? This is the second week they did this and are using the same excuse. The marketing at Stern is silly. The person in charge of marketing, needs to go back and study actual marketing. Stern needs to hire someone with an actual marketing degree.
When you actually rate Stern on Facebook they cannot delete your rating. Everyone should rate them and rate them based on how they really feel.

you can not rate them if you have been banned though

#1403 8 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I just bought a NIB Pro and am holding off on unboxing it until the new code drops.

You might be out of warranty when that happens, by the time you fix all your warranty issues like decals falling off, cracked ramps, blown node boards and a few more other issues you wil be ready for the update. Heck a pin side member on here had to send his entire machine back, just sayin. At least by the time I get back from deployment they will most likely have worked out the bugs of the next code release lol

#1408 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Are you saying the parts cost is out of warranty? I've never had a problem getting support from stern after the warranty period.

Depends on who you are. They count down the days when my warranties run out lol.

#1416 8 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Not me.... I clearly remember my parents telling me back in the 70's "If you have nothing positive to post on FB, STFU".
I try and keep 'online drama' to a minimum....unless I am joking around and then it is not malicious and purely for laughs.
New code is coming.....I can feel it....or is it lumbago...

So asking when the new code is coming and if they are going to fix the left orbit issue on GOT is negative? That's what got me banned. You must be the most happiest person on the planet, I sure could use some of that koolaid you are drinking right now considering where I am at.

#1622 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

That really stinks that some machines have this issue and some don't. I haven't seen any black marks on balls or playfield, except for streaking at the bottom of the in-lanes.
Could it be when it was made? I received mine in October last year. Maybe machines produced earlier are susceptible to this?

Remove spinning disc and apply duct tape or a round sticker. I used to make them but am deployed now so you are left for a diy

#1624 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Will the clear discs from tron fit KISS too?

I honestly can remember. It would be way to get circumference measurement by removing disc from under play field by removing the four screws and then compare and go from there

#1635 7 years ago

Hmmmmm Was the code deliberately delayed until the majority of people's warranties were up in order to not have to replace a bunch of faulty node boards? We're there previous code updates but the problem was they were blowing node boards? Seems all I have is time to think about these conspiracies since I can't play my machines

3 months later
#1806 7 years ago

I am actually glad I got mine NIB, sure I paid NIB price, but at the same time I did a HELL OF A LOT of warranty work on it. That being said, if you get a cheap LE or PREM with low plays, who is to say that those parts are not on their way out the door. I perused through my thread and looked at all my scanned warranty work and it easily totaled up to over 2.5 K. Those Stern parts are hella expensive to replace, specially node boards and the spike board. All in all I am gonna keep her around for quite some time and by the time I get back from deployment it will be like a new pin for me all over again.

3 weeks later
#1858 7 years ago

They are too busy collecting their 15K on SLE's and laughing at peoples videos begging to be considered to pay them money. WOW its boiled down to begging a pin company to take 15K from them

1 week later
#1887 7 years ago

Kiss could have been one of Sterns top sellers if they hadn't abandoned the code.

#1891 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

On their facebook page, Stern themselves said another update is coming. That was only about 3 weeks ago.

Yeah but thats what they said about the last update more than a few months before. If they would have kept small updates frequent and adding game features, Kiss would have not lost value, but with the feel of abandonment people dumped them. I also liked the look of the LE more than the pro so decided to go that way as well, and a PREM is worth the light show IMO.

#1915 7 years ago

Its true, I asked a local here in the STAN if the code was dropping soon and he said, I quote, "YES MISTER, YES MISTER. WE ARE FRIENDS."
BOOM! There ya have it folks.

1 week later
#1951 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

With their release cadence and the kind of code people expect in new games (see woz and hobbit for gold standard), Stern are obviously very aware of how short staffed they are, and how in need of new experienced coders they are.
However, everything I've seen and heard suggests that while they are looking to hire, they're not aiming at senior, experienced or highly talented individuals ... they're looking to economise, like with everything else, and train up complete rookies on a low pay grade. All that means is that their more senior guys just have to do more hand holding and become less productive.
If JJP #3 is the kind of hit that it could be, they could really steal Stern's lunch money .... hopefully that will be enough of a kick up the arse to make them improve matters across the board. So many of their recent games, even ones that are good now, have been in a dire state at release, left for ages, and / or not finished. Metallica, maybe Mustang and arguably TWD are the only titles they've really finished in recent years.

Quoted from Barakawins1:

Very well said. If this next pinball is what I think it is, I believe we will all start making moves to Jersey Jack.

Heck they have yet to finish Wheel of fortune. So sad. I am straight up making the JJP move myself and am glad I didn't get in on a GB with all that drama. I can not imagine the blunt trauma that will surround BM66.

#1957 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I cancelled my GB LE...I may buy one if they finish KISS code and get the PF issues straightened out.
Whats JJP's next title?

Not sure, There is supposed to be a reveal at expo though, looking forward to it!

#1967 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Just curious if you guys have idea on how to improve the kiss code.
I'm thinking to implement the cities it'd be cool to do something similar to Dr Who where each song has a "shot booster" on the playfield and ends up advancing a feature quicker or something liek that. Say Hotter than hell starts you with two demon locks or maybe another song has love gun lit from the beginning.
Another feature I think would be cool is a super jackpot shot where you loop the middle ramp over and over and the make some noise meter keeps going up and the crowd keeps getting louder and once you make so many shots ~10 then the love gun flasher starts pulsing on the right ramp and you have to nail that shot and as it come down the right return lane one of the kiss targets flashes, nail that then the GI turns to red and the demon head starts flashing like crazy and then you shoot Gene's mouth and the whole game goes nuts and you get a SUPER JACKPOT.
I think that would be bad ass. A sequence of shots like that really makes you feel good.
Anyone else have any ideas.

I think the first person who has the capability and means to redo/improve code will either 1. Make a shit ton of money or 2. Be sued by Stern for some infringement/copy-write violation, which is sad and only furthers peoples frustrations toward Stern. In any case, TAKE MY MONEY!...........Crap........I hope Stern does not read this and attempt to capitalize on selling code improvements, wouldn't put it past them at this point.

3 months later
#2336 7 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Just noticed that on Stern's Facebook page, Bowen Kerins stated "Kiss code is already in terrific condition" to someone complaining to Stern about KISS code.
Look, I wanna see a KISS update badly but I gotta agree... KISS code is pretty good today. It could be EPIC with another layer of depth.

Yeah its pretty good with features that do nothing cities that do nothing and missing call outs, forget tweaks and better scoring, I would just like a game coded that do not have blatant aspects of the game missing.

3 weeks later
#2455 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I doubt Ritchie would say they are working on a fix and lie about it. I think they tried and couldn't come up with a permanent fix so took the road they did.

I love ya Chuck, but ya couldn't be more wrong. Stern could have fixed it and I submitted two designs to them for the arm and the shield bracket and they chose to ignore me because it was more cost effective to rewrite code than to manufacture new arms. The only reason I did not mass produce the arms was because it was WAAAAAAAAY to expensive unless mass produced. I would also never expect people to spend hundreds of dollars on a arm I redesigned. Not to mention when techs at Stern are referencing me and my work on kissues for fixes instead of fixing it on their own, they lose a lot of credibility. It has been one issue pin after another since TWD, they just gave up after fixing the issues on that one.

#2456 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I doubt Ritchie would say they are working on a fix and lie about it. I think they tried and couldn't come up with a permanent fix so took the road they did.

I love ya Chuck, but ya couldn't be more wrong. Stern could have fixed it and I submitted two designs to them for the arm and the shield bracket and they chose to ignore me because it was more cost effective to rewrite code than to manufacture new arms. The only reason I did not mass produce the arms was because it was WAAAAAAAAY to expensive unless mass produced. I would also never expect people to spend hundreds of dollars on a arm I redesigned. Not to mention when techs at Stern are referencing me and my work on kissues for fixes instead of fixing it on their own, they lose a lot of credibility. It has been one issue pin after another since TWD, they just gave up after fixing the issues on that one.

#2457 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

#2464 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think those issues are overblown. I have a KISS LE at home and help maintain a KISS Premium on route (where it earns very well) and neither have had those issues, except the Gene head eject, which only required a power adjustment on the kickout (note that they're labeled backwards on the settings menu, BTW).

So did they implement my Star Child saucer eject fix or does it still dribble out?

#2468 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Every single kiss dribbles out. Why is that an issue?

It was never meant to dribble out. The angle of the saucer eject launches ball into the plastic, causing the dribble out affect. The game design was supposed to launch it out into star child area. Early owners of LE's complained about this and when I cam up with the fix, techs at Stern were telling other owners to implement my fix. Watch my video to see what the Star Child area was originally designed to do with the Saucer eject.

I also played the KISS machine at Stern release party and it was never dribbling out like it does with nearly every other machine they sold. This fix will only take you four minutes and two spacers to set your game up to how it was originally designed to operate.

#2524 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Here's a challenge for y'all. Post on Stern's facebook and get an answer of Yes or No on the code update and don't accept stay tuned. That will settle it once and for all.

That would be one of the shortest challenges you make and your reward would be that you can join the STERN BANNED CLUB.

1 week later
#2603 7 years ago

or these

IMG_1033 (resized).JPGIMG_1033 (resized).JPG

IMG_1632 (resized).JPGIMG_1632 (resized).JPG

IMG_1031 (resized).JPGIMG_1031 (resized).JPG

IMG_1094 (resized).JPGIMG_1094 (resized).JPG

IMG_1643 (resized).JPGIMG_1643 (resized).JPG

IMG_1020 (resized).JPGIMG_1020 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#2676 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Why do you yanks keep saying the word polish??

thats why

nail meme 6 (resized).jpgnail meme 6 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#2731 7 years ago

I hear a lot of back and forth about how long it takes to write code and I would just say this. When they released the KISS topper the code was written in the span of 72 hours because owners started to get them and the code was not complete for it to operate. So to add a few call outs and a few bug fixes should not take nearly a year.

#2785 7 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Yup. JJ is solid. Game Exchange currently is advertising NIB KISS LEs for $6995.
https://gameexchange.biz/collections/pinball-machines?page=2

JJ is the best hands down. Great service and very patient with questions and inquiries with a fast turn around to have questions answered!

2 weeks later
#2859 7 years ago

Well while we are all waiting on the kiss code you can install the Star chile plastic protector

Star Chile plastic Protector Mod now available.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-child-flame-protector-mod-for-kiss-lepremium#post-3720683

3 weeks later
#2909 6 years ago

LE and mine is left flipper overtime after minor adjustment

#2911 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How did you adjust yours?

Take hood off loosen screws holding lock mech and rotated right and tightened screws back.

#2913 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The 4 in the back? I tried that. Made zero difference on my machine.

Try this then:
1. remove hood
2. remove screws holding top of ball lock mech (12 If I remember correct)
3. pull out the black plastic the balls rest on
4. add some cushioned tape or 1/16-1/8 thin strip of double sided tape to left side so as to angle the way ball ejects from mouth
5. Make adjustments as needed for proper ejections (see pic for double sided tape reference)

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 07.57.03 (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-05-15 at 07.57.03 (resized).png

#2916 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Can you post a better pic?
Thanks

I have no pic of it installed, the pic is showing you a thickness of double sided tape, it will help raise one side of plastic as to launch balls at an angle

1 week later
#2965 6 years ago

PLUG AND PLAY BABY! Have one on my Kiss LE as well

IMG_3429 (resized).JPGIMG_3429 (resized).JPG

#2973 6 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Thats a cool mod- did you do it yourself or is someone selling a kit?

I make em myself. Only sold a few prototypes as you can just use a USB extender and now I just sell the headphone jack port only button.

#3045 6 years ago

6084314bf18212715fdcc3c5c43e40e8 (resized).jpg6084314bf18212715fdcc3c5c43e40e8 (resized).jpg

#3053 6 years ago

Vireland and Trekkie1978,

You guys both need to make like Elsa and Anna and LET IT GO! Every time I see this feed on fire I think HOLLY SHIT the new code has dropped and everyone is raving about it! BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Its you two going back and forth about code depth and BM66........I promise you nobody here cares. You guys are great, really, but if you are going to seriously fight over that, make it worth everyones time and Thunder dome this kitty fight, at the very least pull out a kiddie pool filled with jello or KY and wrestle this out.

73788554 (resized).jpg73788554 (resized).jpg

#3055 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Just trying to do my best to correct people on the internet.
Are we talking like the ky jelly fight in Old School....if so I'm in.

YUUUUUUUUUUP

4 weeks later
#3170 6 years ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

I am suggesting this because when I replaced mine I had to take apart most of the plastics on the right side. It took a couple of hours to take apart and put back together. A replacement is cheap. Might as well order two (shipping costs almost as much as the part) and replace both while its torn apart. If you go through this thread you will find at least twenty people that had the same problem. My time is valuable. With nine pins I need to pick and choose wisely what pin project to tackle next. Might as well mitigate risk is all Im suggesting.

Well if you want to mitigate risk and save yourself make sure you protect that star child plastic from cracking, Taking apart that thing was more than a few hours.

1 week later
3 weeks later
#3271 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Wow....from all the hype of BM66 you would think they would be working quickly to get code complete but it's the same old Stern. Updates will come but it seems to take 2-3 years to get close to completion on code after release.

It is because they are too busy inserting statements like this into all their new pinball manuals.
"Stern Pinball machines are assembled in Elk Grove Village, Illinois, USA. Stern Pinball has inspected each game element to ensure it meets our quality standards.Each pinball machine has unique characteristics that make it a one-of-a-kind American made product. Each will have variations in appearance resulting from differences in the machine’s particular wood parts, individual printed art and mechanical assemblies. No playfield is perfectly flat and varies depending on the season. Game play will result in playfield dimpling as the harder steel ball contacts the wood and coating; over time multiple dimples will blend to make them less noticeable. Normal..........ghosting (small cloudy areas around insert edges) are often seen in pinball machines, due to a combination of plastic mold stress, pushing of inserts into purposely undersized holes, and heating and breaking of inserts’ plastic “skin” when the play field is sanded."
Right on the first page of the manual It is now "NORMAL" for ghosting....... I do not see how anyone can defend Stern at this point. With that said, any mention of code update from them will be taken with a grain of salt. For anyone else who wants to believe Santa Clause is real, you go right on ahead, there aint no shame in believing a white lie that doesn't hurt anyone.

Added over 7 years ago: Thread of new disclaimer if anyone wants to read. I am sure a new clause about code will soon be in there.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-new-policy-ghosting-is-normalor-is-it

#3285 6 years ago

Anybody here have a ghosting KISS LE? Just curious

#3323 6 years ago

Well I am pretty much getting a NEW KISS LE, but lack of code is still frustrating, beginning the process of removing mods and shipping her off.

Quoted from skywalker:

Any pics to prove this statement please.

Churchill play field

Ghosting inserts and cracking clear in the shooter lane and out hole. This game also sat inside my house for two weeks before being played and a play field protector was installed, untouched by pinballs. the cracked clear happened in less than 200 plays. I went on deployment and after a year of the game not being played I inspected my KISS LE to find more than a few inserts ghosting just from sitting untouched. Sorry for the poor quality of video I also forgot to show the drum insert and super ramps insert ghosting which is under a ramp. Imagine 5 years from now what the game will look like. I hope Stern can figure this issue out because I like their machines, I am just not going to buy something IMHO that should not do what they are claiming now to be normal.

#3325 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

You sold your LE or is stern replacing the playfield?

Stern is replacing the play field, so kudos for them. I mean canon 200 plays and it sits for a year and BAM lookin like a ghostbusters! Maybe they will send a USB with new play field loaded with new code!

#3328 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Wow! I had no idea your bullet proofed LE was having issues. Glad you're getting another. I'm sure that wasn't an easy task. I'm afraid to check mine now.

very easy actually, only took me 10 minutes to get it out and in box. Only two cabels to unplug, took me a couple hours to remove mods..lol. Bullet proof protection does not protect you against cancer I am afraid.

#3331 6 years ago

No I meant it couldn't have been an easy task for you to convince Stern to swap your playfield.

Ah gotcha, NO, it wasn't. I did leave my star child metal protector on, maybe they can steal my idea and incorporate it in future builds

1 month later
#3494 6 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

You are also da man! Favorited both threads.
Hopefully I can find a KISS Pro for the right price for Santa to bring down the chimney

Don't forget this is well, a must have mod

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-lighted-target-back-glass-mod-for-propremle

#3499 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

...5 days ago, now I have the mods in my hands and both are absolutely nice fellas, Thanks again Ed.
Unfortunately this weekend I had some isues with my KISS Pin, Demon Lock but never returned the balls at all accompanied with a buzzing new sound, I downloaded the 1.30.0 code and same thing, I try again to download it and still the same, any recommendations please?
Regards
Paulo JC

Check the main Ethernet cable from spike to playfield, had same issue and that was what fixed me mine, ya might need to replace it

#3500 6 years ago

Stern was hacked see link for details and how to safe guard your computer and identity.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-hacked-do-not-open-invoice-emails-from-stern#post-3975943

#3502 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

The Laseriffic mods recommended 100% fellas, the Axe bass and Paul Stanley’s guitar simply amazing!
My pin still broken unfortunately, my Brother will help me checking the nodes this Thursday.
Regards

Better get that Star Child plastic protector before it breaks too

#3506 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I don’t know about that one to be honest Capguntrooper? ...it is from Mezel, Pingraffics, Laser?

NOPE. From me, I made them see link below, and for target backgass mod too
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-child-flame-protector-mod-for-kiss-lepremium

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-lighted-target-back-glass-mod-for-propremle

3 weeks later
#3564 6 years ago

No kissues, besides the factory ones

1 month later
#3677 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I don't have it but it looks cool (albeit pricey). But capguntrooper 's Starchild plastic protector is a MUST. That drop target can cause the ball the crack the plastic easily.

And don’t forget the lighted back glass drop target mod that makes it like the original pin check out the vid

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/56599

1 week later
#3718 6 years ago
Quoted from RayGun:

Does anyone have the KISS Starchild plastic protector mod for sale?

uh, ME

3 weeks later
#3740 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, it might be close or it might not!
Hey Stern Pinball Fans! Jared here with a little news from HQ!
As you have now hopefully become accustomed, Zach has been sharing the “Stern Of The Union” (SOTU) on the first Tuesday of each month. Due to the holidays today’s release has been postponed until next week on January 9th.
There are some exciting code updates “imminent” so make sure you stay tuned here to Stern Pinball FB for that information when it’s ready!...

Hard to "stay tuned" when your banned from asking questions about code.

#3746 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Fellas, a true story:
About 3 months ago Capguntrooper suggested me the Starchild protector, Thundergod posted some nice pics with the Mod and flames, but in that moment I thought that eventually, probably, perhaps or maybe I will think about it someday because that could be something that could not happen, right? huh.....WRONG!!!
The past week I saw precisely what Capgun mentioned and I was lucky enough to see how the plastic was bending and fortunately the ball fell and the plastic didn’t broke, trust me, that was like in slow motion, everything turned red around me and I just heared my son voice with distortion saying:-“ D-a-a-a-a-d... l-o-o-o-o-k... ohh shhhiii......t!”
So, knowing that Stern didn’t calculated this at all! I just honestly want to say that I recommend 100% this Mod fellas, besides that protects your game it looks very very nice, Capgun shipped right away and in a few days was delivered to Canada.
Regards

Thanks a bunch for the kind words! Changing out that plastic once it cracks is a HUUUUUUUGE pain, glad you got it protected before any damage was done.

#3771 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

The mezel amp is very nice for sure

its kinda cool, but I enjoy the KISS mini LED

IMG_1541 (resized).JPGIMG_1541 (resized).JPG

IMG_1633 (resized).JPGIMG_1633 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#3784 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Shit, should prolly order one.....

You won't regret it

#3788 6 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

$160 for a new plastic set, I tried to just buy the one plastic but the only way to replace it is to buy the whole set. Prevention is the only way to go. Every premium/ LE needs Capguntroopers mod. It's not a matter of if it will break, it's a matter of when.
Pending on where the break in the plastic is, this mod does cover that area nicely if Stern is out of plastic sets.

My first break I just cut the broken plastic pieces off, first ball that was launched in the glass scared the crap out of me thinking I shattered it, luckily no damage. The second one that broke I just finished my protector and installed it, but once it cracks it spreads slowly after each play. Third time replacing and I have had no issues and or cracks and protector is perfect.

WARNING! To all LE/PREM owners if that plastic completely breaks off and there is no plastic above drop target you essentially have a ticking time bomb for shattered glass. By all means do not take my word for it, if your plastic is gone place a ball on top of drop target go into test mode for it and activate drop target and watch that sucker fly through the air straight up. Now imagine that ball launch with the glass on!

2 weeks later
#3790 6 years ago

Last batch done, got 50 left and I think that will be it for these puppies. Get protected while you still can!

#3792 6 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Another thumbs up for capguntrooper’s star child protector! Installed it last week and now I can play with peace of mind and not worry every time I reach love gun multiball.

Not only lookin good, but protected too!

3 months later
#3875 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

This is a great point... hold your money and only buy NIB games that have code completed to a level that you consider to be appropriate. Buying incomplete NIB games does nothing to motivate Stern... but they’ll get the message quick if folks decide to hold!

Gonna hold on to my money until they remove the legal clause in their manuals stating ghosting play fields on NIB games is normal. I will only buy HUO at this point, no other pinball companies have that policy and I will only buy from a manufacturer that stand behind their product.

#3878 5 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

I've been impressed with how Stern has been more visible, consistent and vocal on code updates, I have no doubt Kiss will get an update this summer as promised! Can't wait!

Looking forward to it. Soon as that new code drops and people start playing those KISS LE/PREMs, I foresee a lot more broken star child plastics.....better get protected folks.

#3880 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I played one on location this weekend in Denver that was broke.

Its not a question of IF, but WHEN!

2 weeks later
#3900 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I am thinking about picking up a KISS Premium... I had a KISS Pro when they first came out, but got rid of it 8 months later due to non-existent code support at the time. I'm kind of hoping the 'summer update' is a decent one, but do we even know who is doing it?
What really needs to be fixed or what is currently missing from the game? Do the large inserts do anything or not?
Rob

Make sure you get protected when you buy your LE/PREM and don't let this happen to your machine.

a14158c7ace02179558624cb67755182792f11e4 (resized).jpga14158c7ace02179558624cb67755182792f11e4 (resized).jpg
#3908 5 years ago

Try it with super bands on.........pffffffffft!

1 month later
#3957 5 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I bought low play secondhand game and since I've started playing it, my playfield is getting covered in black ball track marks from the spinning disk. Was there a solution to this? I had to give the playfield a quick polish the other day to remove the marks and now they're starting to come back again.
Thanks!
Adam.

Spinning disc decal worked, It will however change the way the ball exits (not as quick exit) pros to that no rubber marks and a better chance at avoiding straight down middle. Cons.........slower exit

#3967 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I have clear TITANS - I get little black rubber bits on my balls.... lol.

That’s what she said.......or he said, whatever floats your balls.

#3973 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And the last update was a lame one they had sat on for almost a year that fixed almost nothing.

Heck, I fixed more than they did. Get your protector for your LE/PREM before its too late folks.

1 week later
#3988 5 years ago

About a dozen protectors left make sure you get protected when you buy your LE/PREM and don't let this happen to your machine.

3fa394d19c3de3cf0121a80e5de39a77403ab459 (resized).jpg3fa394d19c3de3cf0121a80e5de39a77403ab459 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#4033 5 years ago

Yes or a Q-tip moistened with rubbing alcohol doesn't hurt.

Negative ghost rider! Rubbing alcohol on plastics will only make it worse over time. Those sensor lenses are plastic

1 week later
#4041 5 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

There's an interesting word for this topic!

You mean KISSUES

4 weeks later
#4078 5 years ago

This should be my last batch for a while, don't let this happen to your PREM/LE. Half off protector when you get the back glass lighted Target MOD. See below for descriptions.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-child-flame-protector-mod-for-kiss-le-premium

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/65219

a14158c7ace02179558624cb67755182792f11e4 (resized).jpga14158c7ace02179558624cb67755182792f11e4 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#4160 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

For those that have not got the Lovegun/Starchild area plastic protector get it. I never had an issue before the whole time I have had this game.....load new code and after 3-4 games the ball got machine gunned by the drop several times into the plastic. I know there was something added to the code to help with this issue but just know it can still happen....get the protector....lucky for me I quit procrastinating and installed one a couple months ago.
@capguntrooper for anyone needing it.

^^^^^^^WHAT HE SAID!^^^^^ and don't let this happen to you!

7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
#4182 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I couldn’t justify the $400 for the topper.... total cash grab...$250 tops.
But it is cool.

My thoughts exactly! At least go with the interactive back glass mod so it plays like the 78 pin

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/56599

1 month later
#4210 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Paul needs the Art Blades in his L.E. lol
[quoted image]

Some one should let them know to install my protector. Heck I will do it for free if they fly me out!

3 weeks later
#4216 5 years ago

You gotta plug your machine into the band for optimal sound and playability. Guaranteed to boost scores on newest code and protector installed for LE/PREM models.

50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capguntrooper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code?tu=capguntrooper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.