Topic Stats

• 4,231 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by HoneyBadger
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 283 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
Z8QWR8.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ahdelarge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 3 years ago

Many collectors would still prefer to own the original Bally game, as it is more collectible right now overall, but only time will tell if this holds true in the long run.

I have always wanted to own a Bally KISS for my collection. When Stern KISS was released, I thought this would be a good substitute. Full KISS songs like AC/DC and Metallica and more fun than the original Bally. Currently, I haven't seen KISS as a must own game. The playfield is very static and the code isn't complete. I think the art looks so good, but the game just doesn't scream "buy me". In comparison, I finally played Game of Thrones Pro and loved it. Maybe a code update could sway me on this one....

2 months later
#874 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What's the point of teasing it for this long?
Haven't KISS owners suffered enough with the code as it is?

Yeah, scratching my head at why they're teasing a software update. New game release, sure....but a software update that is long overdue????

1 week later
#1084 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Hopefully the code lives up to the hype; I just picked up one because I have faith in Lonnie and The team that they will make this game great; plus I love pros and Borg always does a kick ass pro hence the fantastic four

image_(resized).jpeg

Wow, that is a fantastic four!!!

3 months later
#1749 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

It's a real shame KISS has been left behind ? I sold my pro and the new owner has since moved it on. To me a great theme but poor code spoiled it for me. Fingers crossed a new and great update isn't to far away.

It's a freaking awesome theme. When I think of pinball, I immediately think of the Bally version. Bally KISS was probably my ultimate holy grail pin. I ticked off all my other "grail pins", but the Bally version always seemed out of reach. Then I started collecting Stern games and it went off my radar. When Stern released a KISS pinball, I thought this would be the title I had to have....but it seemed kind of lacking. I would still love to own Stern's KISS, but each time I play it, I keep feeling a little underwhelmed. Most notably at the moment: I didn't know what the cities do (they do nothing?) and compared to AC/DC and Metallica, I thought the KISS song choice was limited. I'm not a KISS fan, so I just seemed to be picking Rock & Roll All Night, Detroit Rock City and Shout It Out Loud mostly. Hoping that the next code update puts the cherry on top of the cake. It's a beautiful looking machine, but I think the Walking Dead is calling me before I put KISS in my line up.

1 month later
#1824 3 years ago

Maybe they'll release new KISS code when they start making KISS with the new color display? Too soon?

#1829 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

5 Multiballs:
Demon, Lovegun, KISS Army, Heaven's on Fire (mini-wizard), and Rock City (Wizard - unfinished)
You have 2 more multiballs to achieve!

I've said it before, but that's exactly what I miss when I play KISS. I don't feel like I'm in the world under the glass. I'm not playing for some higher goal other than lighting stuff on a grid. I have either played the game to complete the grid or at least get a multiball going to feel like I've achieved something.

5 months later
#2609 2 years ago

COLORDMD coming this year for KISS?

1 month later
#2730 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

The fact that American Pinball got a Houdini up and running with hardware AND software in FOUR MONTHS that performs better than Batman '66 says it all about priorities at Stern.

The biggest issue any company that isn't Stern has right now is production. What production facilities do American Pinball have? We've seen prototype games from countless startups and snake oil salesmen, but they all seem to run out of money or completely fall over when it comes time to get games to customers.

Quoted from Methos:

Exactly.
You know how we are going to have to get this done? Get a complaint to the band that their pinball game isn't finished. Will it work? Who knows, but I don't see what else is going to get it done.

The band don't care. They have their money. This has been brought up before.

#2733 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

You missed the point. If a couple guys can get a new machine both HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE running well enough to flip and be fun to play in FOUR MONTHS with much more complicated toys. There's NO excuse for a non-flappable BM'66 at the 30th party, and literally shipping months later with literal alpha code. Zero. Valid. Reasons.

American Pinball started talking about their Houdini game in September 2016, then the machine revealed at the end of that month. Longer than 4 months development. My point is that they are a startup and I'm not going to compare them with Stern until they start producing games and getting them into the hands of customers. Magic Girl barely worked.

Batman 66 looked fairly complete to me. They had multiple physical games and Lyman didn't want people playing it.

#2752 2 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

I hope your not meaning polish ? Eg a soft rag and a can of Mr Sheen spray ? Surely an update doesnt mean a clean of a pinball playfield ?
Might go grab a Fourex and relax.. I can feel a fourex comin on big time !

I'm Australian and even I don't know what the hell you're on about....Shapeshifter on the other hand. Made perfect sense.

#2781 2 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Thats because your on that idiotic aussie arcade forum ..full of backyarders who know jack s
Go Queenslanders ..we love our fourex !

I think I'm on every pinball forum known to man. Lol.

*chugs a VB*

#2786 2 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Amusing.. A Queenslander by the name of Greg Doolan wrote the Vb advert in the 1980s.. Greg always joked that he was wearing a Fourex shirt in the studio whilst recording that advert and they all downed Fourex in the studio when finished recording that jingle

Lol. Will take your word for it, John. May even buy a carton on your expert recommendation.

1 month later
#2866 2 years ago

KISS Pro vs Ghostbusters Pro anyone? I've had Ghostbusters since release and looking at moving it on ready for Star Wars....I still want a KISS Pro down the track.

1 month later
#3125 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Dude, we get it.

Lol. The joke that never gets old.

I'm still holding out for a cheap KISS Pro regardless of whether new code drops or not.

2 months later
#3476 2 years ago

Are we any closer to a ColorDMD for this game?

#3478 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

It would be nice but I'm not sure if KISS is a popular enough title for them to bother with.

But it's KISS! I just took a look at their page and they have ColorDMDs for all the rock pins. Need to finish it off with KISS.....and I need go find a cheap KISS Pro....

#3488 2 years ago

Is there a KISS owners club thread on Pinside or something similar where people have posted pictures of their KISS machines and mods?

Thanks!
Adam.

#3493 2 years ago

You are also da man! Favorited both threads.

Hopefully I can find a KISS Pro for the right price for Santa to bring down the chimney

1 month later
#3570 2 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Stay tuned !

Hooray! You're back.

Still enjoying your game?

7 months later
#3865 1 year ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I've found the City Modes! They're in Houdini. New York, London, Paris, Sydney, and Chicago jail escape modes. Basically, they are hurry-ups in Houdini. Something this simple could have been super easy to add. How sad.

Exactly. I still think it's stupid to choose a city if it's not going to change the way the game is played. Sure, I can just plunge regardless of the city, but I'd like it to do at least something if I change the city. It doesn't have to re-invent the entire game, just offer something.

1 month later
#3938 1 year ago

Just picked up a KISS Pro today. Looking forward to the new code update.

#3942 1 year ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Stern has come a long way with more frequent code updates and recent hires, really impressed with what direction they are going with code. I'm really optimistic they are going to get this final update on Kiss to make this game feel complete!

I'm excited to see what will be in this "final" update.

#3947 1 year ago
Quoted from Stones:

Will iit be before or after Deadpool comes out?

Autumn (northern hemisphere) begins on Saturday September 22nd. The clock is ticking!

2 weeks later
#3956 1 year ago

I bought low play secondhand game and since I've started playing it, my playfield is getting covered in black ball track marks from the spinning disk. Was there a solution to this? I had to give the playfield a quick polish the other day to remove the marks and now they're starting to come back again.

Thanks!
Adam.

#3959 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Black rubber or white? It's likely not all coming from the disc.

Definitely black ball tracks...so it could be another source?

#3963 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

That's what I'm asking. What color is the rubber on the machines for slings, etc? Black is factory, and that's a common source of mess on the PF. Change to white from marco specialties or clear from Titan.

Machine is stock black rubber. I've had several new in box Stern machines and have never had any marks on the playfield like this. New it was an issue with KISS out of the gate in 2015, so just assumed it's the spinning disk in Gene.

Bring on the Stern of the Union for August and fingers crossed our KISS update will arrive soon.

1 month later
#4010 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

New AS code out.
Huge update
Way more hopeful KISS update is going to be good

This is exciting! What does everyone expect from new KISS code after seeing Aerosmith code? Will we get skill shots?

Aerosmith:
Added a Super Skill Shot, i.e. at ball start hold the left flipper in while
lightly plunging to light 1 of 3 Super Skill shots.

1 month later
#4044 1 year ago

Aerosmith code last month.....new KISS code this month???

1 month later
#4112 1 year ago

Yay! John's back. How ya been, John? Must be about time for your yearly overseas trip to the Stern factory. How's Agro going these days?

#4116 1 year ago

I was expecting the code to drop on Thanksgiving. Sigh...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ahdelarge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside