F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rob_G.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 8 years ago

I sold mine back in October and don't regret it. Looking back, it was a good decision to dump it in favor of GoT Pro.

Rob

1 month later
#458 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Even when the code comes out, due to the layout, this game will never be a top game in my humble opinion

I concur.

Rob

#462 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Yes and they still managed to go under, different era.

They didn't go under, rather they saw much bigger profits in slot machines and wanted the manufacturing space for that instead of pinball machines. At least that is my understanding.

Rob

2 weeks later
#643 8 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Please tell me someone other than Lonnie took over....

I don't have a pony in this race any more, but I'm very curious if Lonnie has been working on the update or someone else?

Rob

#686 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Met released April 2013
Met - V1.5 - March 6, 2014 - Added Crank it up modes
Kiss released May 2015
Looks like you're still on track

Previous history is still no excuse. Pinball has grown since then and so have expectations of the customer base.

Rob

1 week later
#1023 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So do u guys that own both Kiss and Met think this game has the potential to be as good as Metallica once decent code drops?
I've got a feeling this update will be a game changer. I love the look and feel of the game and would definately consider one if the codes up to scratch.

The toys on MET will always be better than KISS.

Rob

1 week later
#1608 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Nope - the new code is fantastic. Adds so much depth to the strategy. Have you been to grid multi-ball yet? The Gi effects are amazing! I don't know how it can be less fun, the code just added additional rules for more scoring and didn't take anything away. Have you played it?

I played the new code today and I think it's a turn in the right direction, but there's still A LOT left to be done. At least the grid is now something you pay attention to, unlike before where it was meaningless. Another song is good, but the game could still use a one or two more, especially "I was made for loving you".

Rob

#1614 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

That's exactly what it sounded like glad it was a pretty easy diagnosis n fix. Hope now you can play some KISS. Such a fun layout.

My pro stayed clean, but my friends new-ish premium seems to be puking black gunk from the disc all over the game. I could see big black spots on the pinballs.

Rob

2 months later
#1700 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

The game was bad when I bought it, bad when I sold it, and continues to be bad, unless, of course, you don't mind glaring omissions like the cities doing nothing and the CHEESEBALL call-outs by (I think) Gene Simmons (you kept your end of the bargain.....)

I think there's just certain things with the design of the shots that no amount of code is ever going to fix. Shooting the Gene head is no fun when it's not lit for a lock or jackpot. Shooting between the bumpers is satisfying, but not a shot you want to keep trying to make even if the hurry up is lit. Shooting the starchild area is lackluster when the ball dribbles back out after hitting 1 target. And the ramp shots just don't give any flow to the game.

I had a KISS and sold it. I hope everyone gets another update or two and will be happy with the games. Last november I bailed on mine because it was pretty obvious that code support for the game was not a priority and that LR was yet again not going to finish a game he started.

Rob

2 weeks later
#1720 7 years ago
Quoted from fliperz:

Talk about a blatant smack in the face as you scroll through cities and they do nothing. UUUUUUUGH Is it me or does Kiss seem like the most incomplete game out there?

There's no guarantee the cities will ever do anything....

Rob

1 week later
#1746 7 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

I love the sound effect when you hit a super ramp!

I hated that sound effect the most in the game.

Rob

2 weeks later
#1774 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Glad i bought the pro model doesnt seem to have that issue as much

I had 2 balls get stuck in the head on my KISS pro and I had to remove the VUK assembly to get the balls out.

I thought maybe one day if the code got better that I would own it again, but at this pace that will never happen.

Rob

#1797 7 years ago

Poor code support = poor sales for this title (shame on you Stern!). Plus it wasn't Borg's best design either. The art is fantastic though!

Rob

#1801 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

They completed Avengers after 3 years. I'm sure they are still working on Kiss code support.

Oh I don't doubt there won't be another update, but the first year code support was certainly less than stellar.

Rob

#1804 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

All of that together means there's another update or three coming.

One if everyone is lucky. There's absolutely no guarantee of anything ever from Stern - no matter how buggy ,shitty or incomplete the code is.

Rob

5 months later
#2399 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I can't comment on AC/DC because I haven't bothered to play it (don't care for the band), but it has always looked to be at least a 7. Some cool ideas going on and fun integration with the cannon. I saw Bowen play it and the songs seem well integrated.

Some of the song rules in ACDC absolutely suck. BIB is the worst of them all. Even Bowen calls it 'crud' in his rulesheet.

Rob

1 month later
#2591 7 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I don't know what you guys are expecting code wise but I played a pro recently and enjoyed it! Sit back and relax because from what I could see the game was pretty much close to being complete anyway. If theres an update it'll be polish. I think everyone is thinking a game is complete when it has code like Metallica, TWD, or ACDC. If you're hoping for that every time out I think you're going to be let down more often that not... Enjoy the code now and if there's an update there's an update if not the game is fun as it stands.

Complete? Do the big inserts do anything yet? We all know cities are not coded.

KISS has some of the shitiest dots in any recent Stern game. Compared to the likes of TWD and MET, KISS is downright atrocious.

Rob

1 week later
#2634 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Get the cliffy for the scoop.

Unless cliffy updated this protector, I would not recommend it. It makes the scoop shot far more difficult to make.

Rob

#2667 7 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

That's what I kind of thought too.. Maybe those people should buy a Metallica and swap out the songs for KISS songs... Oh and those MetallicA songs do squat too...

MET should have maybe had an option to choose a new song when you complete a CIU mode.

Rob

1 week later
#2700 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Man - look at this circle jerk going on over here. I give it one year until they are in the same boat as the Kiss owners. This is why we don't get timely updates. "Ohhh it's different this time" PSSSSHHHH... yeah right!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-big-review-surprise-of-year

I don't think so. AS seems far more complete than KISS was at launch.

Rob

2 months later
#3015 6 years ago

This reminds me of the following:

code release for halloween
code release for thanksgiving
code release for christmas

.. when KISS first came out and of course none of that happened. There a few specific people that keep claiming to have inside information and know when code is going to be released. Don't believe the hype, it seems to be mostly BS.

Rob

#3026 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The only reason KISS prices are where they are is because people thought it was abandoned

Realistically it was abandoned for a while, just like many Stern games are. The game obviously wasn't finished and everyone had to wait almost a year(?) for code to add missing features. That really killed interest and sales.

Quoted from PinMonk:

some are hung up on the cities not doing anything besides callouts

People are told that it was never meant to be more than callouts. Do you really think Stern would admit anything else? They might as well say the cannon inserts on ACDC were never meant to do more than light up. Designs change and what was maybe intended at one point is no longer in the plans.

Quoted from PinMonk:

We'll see where Aerosmith values are in 2 years (and if there's any extended code support)

AS will be probably the same in 2 years as it is now. I don't think anyone expects different and if they do, they are setting themselves up for disappointment. But, at least the code in AS is in far better shape than what KISS was when it first shipped. It doesn't have inserts that (still) don't do anything.

I sold my KISS pro long ago, before the last update that incorporated the playfield multipliers and colossal bonus inserts.

Rob

#3034 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't really disagree with anything you said. But to say that AS is deeper than KISS code is ridiculous. That was my point. It's just not.

I never said AS was deeper. I said it was in a better state (polished) than KISS was at release.

Rob

#3037 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, no. I'm just saying that my original reply was to someone who said AS is deeper than KISS, which it is most definitely not.

The song rules themselves could be considered more 'developed' since the super modes are now built into the songs, rather than random awards from a scoop shot. I really like how that ties game features together a bit more and maybe(?) has a bigger impact on the scoring. Although I haven't played AS yet so I'm just going by what I read and see in videos.

But, this is a thread for where the floop is the KISS code... Is spaceman still the hardest member to qualify?

Rob

#3040 6 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

I believe that this statement is true, they got so much production and call outs from Paul and Gene it makes sense. I think with the growing precepcion of code being incomplete without the integration of the cities that this next code drop will address this! I hope it does!

I know when I had my KISS pro I emailed Stern and asked what the cities were supposed to (or going to) do. I never got a reply. Their lack of forthright communication with owners is what causes some of these problems. Cities is really kind of a non-feature so I understand why people thought there might be more to it. Games are routinely released with incomplete code so why would anyone think cities just wasn't implemented yet?

Rob

2 months later
#3348 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I honestly don't think the code is bad.
But there are some dead ends, bugs, fixes, and display graphics that really need to be addressed. As a NIB buyer, it is beyond ridiculous that I have had to wait well over 2 years for this to happen.

This is the problem with Stern. The games are built to their satisfaction level, not the customers. I was an early KISS adopter too, but sold mine after 8 months when GoT was released. My friend has a premium and feels like he can't even sell it (without huge loss) unless there's another update to renew interest in the game.

Rob

#3350 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I think the days of selling a Stern for a profit are all but over. Who is going to pay a premium for ghosting, cabinet splits, and incomplete code?

It's a good thing my happiness isn't driven by profit, but rather having fun. I'm prepared to lose money having fun (quoted from Boob).

Rob

#3436 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sure it can. They can ball search, then when it doesn't clear after two rounds, up the strength of the VUK in software to max, which will give it enough power to kick up 2 balls at a time. Unless the balls are physically jammed, it will clear it.

On my pro, I once had 2 balls physically jam in there. I had to remove the VUK to get them out. It's a hardware design flaw.

Rob

3 weeks later
#3467 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

But more call outs/animations adds the polish

Animations seems to be one of those things that rarely get added/cleaned up after a game ships. Considering how long KISS has been out, I give it a 0% chance of anything being done with the dots.

Rob

4 weeks later
#3515 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

That's definitely Ace on that backglass and not Tommy. Signature looks awesome!

Yetthe digitized videos in the game it is definitely Tommy. I think they realized they needed Ace in the art or they backlash would have been huge.

Rob

2 months later
#3671 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Color ain't gonna do this game any favors with the terrible "real" animations. Really time-consuming to that as well. Probably many other games in line first.

Was KISS one of the first games their new animator did? He got better with later games like GB, but didn't anyone notice the GB logo is backwards on the ecto 1 animations? That's one thing Stern rarely ever seems to do is go back and fix/update the dots on a game. KISS has some of the worst dots of any recent Stern DMD game.

Rob

3 months later
#3804 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Has anyone had this happen you know when you turn your game on and it shows the last game scores played on it well my kiss keeps showing a score of a game I played a few weeks ago every time it won't show the latest game score that I have played my dad keeps saying it's because I updated to the latest code recently which I don't think that is the problem.

I'm going to hazard a guess that something on the sd card is corrupted - or bad.

Rob

3 months later
#3899 5 years ago

I am thinking about picking up a KISS Premium... I had a KISS Pro when they first came out, but got rid of it 8 months later due to non-existent code support at the time. I'm kind of hoping the 'summer update' is a decent one, but do we even know who is doing it?

What really needs to be fixed or what is currently missing from the game? Do the large inserts do anything or not?

Rob

#3905 5 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Make sure you get protected when you buy your LE/PREM and don't let this happen to your machine.

I really wanted to give KISS another go, but after playing a premium with the latest code I had to pass. It's an ok game, but nothing special to me. I don't find the shots especially fun and the scoop rejects are frustrating.

Rob

#3913 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For KISS, the conclusion I came to as well. That shot is just designed way too tight.

The original cliffy made the shot even worse, but the newer cliffy looks better with the beveled edges.

Rob

2 months later
#3995 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I get that Stern is a business and they make money by selling games....but for the price They charge we expect bug fixes and some minor tweaks to at least make it complete for any new game.

That's why you have to vote with your wallet more than ever these days. It's getting better though and I hope the KISS update is a good one.

Rob

#3998 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're talking about the incomplete code thing, it's not really getting better. Iron Maiden was a bright spot, but Deadpool is back to shipping with woefully basic and incomplete software - 0.81. Stern has not learned. The crazy thing is this very-incomplete software at launch is pretty new, only the last 4 years or so (Batman '66 being the worst one), but it's not really improving. People are starting to accept it, which is bad.

It's getting better in the fact that Stern has made 1.0 the plateau for a feature complete game. And the last 3 titles have held true to that by reaching that milestone within a respectable time frame. DP has only been out a few weeks and nobody expected it to be 1.0 out of the gate. But given time it will hit that milestone just like the rest of them. You may or may not like the final game, or may not like waiting, so buy what you do like.

Plus it's been said that George Gomez wanted to get everything up to date, hence promised KISS, AS and GB updates. Yeah it's taken longer, but hopefully progress is revealed soon.

Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 29.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rob_G.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code?tu=Rob_G and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.