F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BudManPinFan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3017 6 years ago

So to all the KISS owners, is it that the current code is that bad, or is it more that they're just taking forever to release an update? I put about 7-8 games on a KISS pro on location last weekend and had a lot of fun. All in all I've played one about 20-30 times and I like it, I plan to get one eventually. I guess if I owned one I might discover a lack of code, but to the average player it's pretty good as is.

#3027 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

As a KISS owner, I see 2 games (KISS and Aerosmith) with great art packages, great layout that's very similar, great music, KISS has the better callouts, both shoot great, but one has good code and the other is meh code.

I put some time on an AS premium last week also and after all the glowing reviews I was a little disappointed by it. Granted I probably only have about eight games on one, but I thought it was just good, not great. Still preferred KISS.

3 weeks later
#3146 6 years ago

I just picked up a KISS LE last week and I'm loving it! I'm an average player so it will take me awhile to see all the code that's currently there. I guess I'm different from most of the people on here. I usually fire up a pin, put 3 or 4 games on it, then turn it off and don't play it again for a few days. For the people that want epic quest type of games, they have WOZ for that. And while I think it's cool that they make this type of game for the people who love that, I personally hate WOZ! Maybe eventually I'll get to the point where I see the limitations in the code, but until them I'm fat, dumb and happy playing my KISS!

1 week later
#3186 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Stern Pinball Cities theme your game. You will here Gene or Paul say the city name during your game.

But what if your city isn't one of the choices? It seems odd that this would be the only point of having cities with only a limited number available and most pins ending up in cities not in the list. Oh well, I'm enjoying mine for now and I'm not going to worry about a code update, if one comes we'll see what it contains.

2 weeks later
#3211 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

If you could load a new set of code (not from Stern) on your KISS would you do it? Let's say someone could and would recode KISS and add a new rule set with more modes, more songs, new visuals, etc. New code releases would be common until polished and complete. What if it meant replacing the DMD with an LCD and some new hardware to interface with spike system? So let's say the total cost would be somewhere between $300-$600. And be completely reversible to original KISS. Would you be interested?

Yes...assuming Stern doesn't come out with a good code update.

1 week later
#3255 6 years ago

Since I don't think it's going to be this year I'll guess -136...but I'm still playing mine and loving it!

#3269 6 years ago

IMG_5648 (resized).JPGIMG_5648 (resized).JPG

#3278 6 years ago

I'm curious, if there's no code update how many of you will keep your pin and how many will sell? Right now I plan on keeping my LE cause it's still fun to play and also cause it's a work of art!

#3286 6 years ago

Both my KISS LE and my Mustang LE play fields look great, no ghosting. My Metallica LED Pro, which was made last year, has some minor ghosting on a few inserts.

#3292 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I used to own a KISS Premium, but sold it last year. I'm a huge KISS fan (one of my 2 favorite bands along with Iron Maiden) and this table is what really got me into finally owning a pinball machine.
After owning it for about a year and getting more into pinball again, I realized 2 things (that pertain to me) - 1) Theme isn't everything and 2) There were better tables out there for a home environment, IMO. I'm not saying I didn't like KISS, because I did (and so did my friends - we had a blast with it), but after starting to play more pinball in the wild and going to conventions, there was just so much more out there. And I would be lying if I said the lack of code progress and lackluster DMD animations weren't a big factor in parting with the pin.
I ended up selling my KISS for a Metallica (then, in turn, sold that for a Walking Dead).
Also, does anyone have a Run-DMD? I own one and there seem to be A TON more animations for KISS on there than I ever saw in the game.

Any single pin is going to get boring after awhile, but both MET and TWD are better for a single game collection. You're right that theme isn't everything, I'm wondering how long it's going to take the Star Wars fanatics to figure that one out.

#3306 6 years ago
Quoted from earthvsmattGR:

If they don't release the code, will any of you be willing to sell for a very low price

No, but I'll sell you the love child of Gene Simmons and Bessie the cow.

IMG_5653 (resized).JPGIMG_5653 (resized).JPG

#3317 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Stern said there WILL be a KISS code update sometime in 2017.

Stern also said there WILL be code updates every two weeks for BM66 I hope there is an update but I'm not counting on it. In the meantime I'm enjoying my pin.

#3318 6 years ago

Oh, and I can't wait for the 'Where's the SW code' thread, if it isn't already out there.

#3338 6 years ago

Looks like Gene was pretty excited to see you

1 month later
#3516 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Yetthe digitized videos in the game it is definitely Tommy. I think they realized they needed Ace in the art or they backlash would have been huge.
Rob

Ace sold the rights to the Spaceman character to Gene and Paul so I wonder if he received any of the money Stern paid to license the pinball? That is definitely his likeness on the cabinet and backglass.

#3522 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

If Ace sold the rights, why would he get money for any use of Spaceman after that? Paul and Gene would get the money.

Yes but my question was did the rights for the Spaceman character also include the right to use Ace's likeness, or just the right for them to use the makeup? As it's been pointed out, you can clearly tell the difference between Ace Freely in the makeup and Tommy Thayer in the makeup.

#3524 6 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

I can’t believe we have a final update coming, on record!

Where did you hear this?

1 week later
#3538 6 years ago

I thought Paul Stanley was drawn with a pretty generous 'package', then I noticed what was hanging beneath the drum kit!

3 weeks later
#3588 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

I have the topper as well and totally dig it. I would never put a filter on it and once you start playing you won’t even notice it as you’re in the zone.

Tell the kid in the picture giving the devils horns he owes Gene Simmons some money!

2 weeks later
#3646 6 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

What is your incline set at? I can't imagine getting enough power on a backhand to get it up the ramp, but I am setup fairly steep.

It can be done. I find it easier to try and backhand the right ramp, it is a tight shot from the left flipper.

2 weeks later
#3695 6 years ago

I can't believe KISS is a long time off as Stern wouldn't say 'in the near future' as they are more accountable with their monthly address etc.

For Stern “in the near future” probably means the first half of 2018. I wouldn’t look for it before March. I would much rather they take their time since they’re calling this the final update, than to rush something out that’s just a couple of bug fixes.

2 months later
#3791 6 years ago

Another thumbs up for capguntrooper’s star child protector! Installed it last week and now I can play with peace of mind and not worry every time I reach love gun multiball.

651BC8E3-BCF8-49D5-804A-1805BA1BFBFF (resized).jpeg651BC8E3-BCF8-49D5-804A-1805BA1BFBFF (resized).jpeg

#3796 6 years ago

Another Stern of the Union address tomorrow.
Too much to hope for a bit more news regarding the final update?
Actually tell us something they are adding/fixing?
Adding Champion awards?
KA call outs?
This game is so much better than the general consensus and hopefully the final update will convince others to give it a try.

All you’re going to get is that KISS is still in line for a final update. It’s not Stern’s style to divulge any type of detailed information.

1 month later
#3826 6 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Everytime I see a new post here, I think new code may have dropped.
Color me sad each time...

Me too. I’m not expecting anything until June or July but I get my hopes up when I see new posts in this thread. I guess I just contributed to that problem, sorry!

#3828 6 years ago

I hope we end up getting more than what was on the Aerosmith update that just dropped.

1 month later
#3867 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Code coming soon. Stay tuned !

Where have I heard this before?

#3872 5 years ago

I do think there’s an update coming some time, the big question is what’s it going to contain.

3 months later
#4008 5 years ago

So, am I reading too much into this?
It says KISS updates will follow - so, more than one update?!

I wouldn’t get too caught up on what’s probably a grammar error. There is always a chance for an unplanned future update, but unless this becomes a vault release (unlikely) I wouldn’t hold my breath. I think the quality of the KISS update is going to depend a lot on what the Aerosmith update contains. If Aerosmith gets a nice update then there’s hope for KISS, if not then don’t expect much. Either way I still enjoy playing the pin and plan to keep it for right now.

1 month later
#4046 5 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Now we know they’re finally working on it, the longer they take the better as far as I’m concerned!

Agreed! I’d like some new features, enhancements to the wizard modes, and something that incorporates the cities more, not just a few bug fixes. As long as I know it’s being worked on I’m okay waiting for something substantial.

#4052 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The easiest way to get the cities into the game with the least amount of trouble is to assign a "groupie" or "STD" to each city that modifies the game a little (longer ball save, timed multiplier, spot starchild letters, mystery perk/bummer, etc). Hopefully they considered that.

Maybe they can add the song Rocket Ride for the groupies, although I’m sure that’s not one of the re-recorded ones.

1 week later
#4069 5 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

“Thanksgiving” & “substantial”. Finallly..... let’s cross our fingers that the finished game rocks.

Yeah, I’m curious where you heard those words mentioned?

#4072 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

What’s the over/under on days before this thread goes from “where is KISS code” to “this code sucks” thread afterits released?

The code doesn’t suck as it stands today, it’s just not up to the standards of their better coded games. If the code update ends up being lackluster I’ll be disappointed, but I’ll still enjoy playing it.

1 year later
#4239 4 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

I just want some COLOR DMD!

Yep, definite must buy as soon as it comes out!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.75
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BudManPinFan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code?tu=BudManPinFan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.