Topic Stats

• 4,247 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 284 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200215_141215 (resized).jpg
IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

There are 4247 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 85.
#401 4 years ago

not rolling out new code for TPF would be really dumb, but unfortunately that's what i expect. Lonnie better turn out some great shit when its done.....

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

wrong. same pricing as kiss and got.

This is incorrect.

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

This is incorrect.

Seems to be the same for me.....

#404 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's not my job to quiet anybody, I said ' let them bitch if they need to'.
It's my job to pass along that the code is indeed being tested right now - a message of happy news.....

Any idea, at all, around timing?

#405 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's a big update with a few surprises thrown in for good measure.

This is good to hear. Hope it's a Grand Slam.

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Maybe a St Patrick's day update? Just guessing....

#407 4 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Seems to be the same for me.....

Me too, not sure where he is getting his pricing. May want to switch distributors....

#408 4 years ago

Only 2 people at Stern could even guess.

Everyone else can only report bugs and exploits

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Maybe a St Patrick's day update? Just guessing....

Makes sense, KISS being such an Irish band......

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Makes sense, KISS being such an Irish band......

Nope. Just speculating based on past holiday updates being released is all.....

#411 4 years ago

code....the KISS of death.

#412 4 years ago

Me too, not sure where he is getting his pricing. May want to switch distributors....

I have someone I really trust that I buy from an GB was quoted $400 more then KISS and $300 more then GOT. Maybe you are the one not getting the best deal...... I also know from friends that called around everywhere getting GB quotes that I got a really good price on it. For me there has been a price increase on the last 2 titles.

Hope the KISS code comes soon and that it's awesome. This game looks too good to have crap code.

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I have someone I really trust that I buy from an GB was quoted $400 more then KISS and $300 more then GOT. Maybe you are the one not getting the best deal...... I also know from friends that called around everywhere getting GB quotes that I got a really good price on it. For me there has been a price increase on the last 2 titles.
Hope the KISS code comes soon and that it's awesome. This game looks too good to have crap code.

LOL, how am I not getting the best deal if I am getting quoted the same price I did for kiss (which is $400 less)?

#414 4 years ago

LOL, how am I not getting the best deal if I am getting quoted the same price I did for kiss (which is $400 less)?

Maybe you are overpaying for Kiss. Or maybe you are getting a lot better deal then I am

The prices I listed were only for LE models. Pro's and premiums seem to only have changes $200

#415 4 years ago

Maybe you guys could PM and then call each other.

One of you is going to save $400.....

#416 4 years ago

I saw 11 new posts and thought a new kiss code was here!

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

why it is a discussion forum and we would like to know pricing????

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

LOL, after seeing gameplay, im holding out to see how the premium plays. Got caught up in the hype of the theme, game is kinda meh for me so far.

#419 4 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

why it is a discussion forum and we would like to know pricing????

I got threatened with a lawsuit for posting a certain vendor's price on Pinside.

Lately, you almost have to do everything by PM

#420 4 years ago

LOL, after seeing gameplay, im holding out to see how the premium plays. Got caught up in the hype of the theme, game is kinda meh for me so far.

It's a great layout.

The newest code candidate fleshes out it's potential.

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I got threatened with a lawsuit for posting a certain vendor's price on Pinside.
Lately, you almost have to do everything by PM

I would love to know what vendor so i can put them on my naughty list........but seriously, fuckin kiss code.

#422 4 years ago

I have a good relationship with my distro and have purchased several games from them over the last several years so I may be getting a loyal customer discount. Happy to talk prices in private but I don't think it's fair to them to post it all over the web when I am likely getting a slightly better price then someone that has never used them before due to my repeat business.

I might be trading for an LE soon so I'm looking forward to seeing what the new code brings. Like I said, looks to awesome to have empty code.

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I like to think of the code on TZ.

The old code was boring, and I could never really get into the game.

It took 7 years to actually be rewritten to the code you and I love.

What are you talking about? Even prototype TZ code had all the game's elements and was fully playable. Nothing significantly changed thru updates - some small features were added (super robot ramp) and lots of polish, but it was still the same game. Nothing like Stern where the rules can change dramatically during game development. I played proto code in TZ for months before getting it upgraded and it was fine. The attract mode "painting the playfield" top to bottom was mesmerizing

#424 4 years ago

The original TZ code sucked (but it's OK that you liked it) and would not let me take a dump without draining.

Ted Estes "crapper hold" was the best single innovation in pinball since the flipper.

Quoted from metallik:

Nothing like Stern where the rules can change dramatically during game development.

Again, I'd rather be playing the Beta code for 2 years, than to wait 2 years for the game to be released with final code. I'm a big boy, I've bought Sterns before, I know it will be YEARS before final code is released.

It's not like a BMW where they never get the ipod code fully working before you sell the car....

Quoted from metallik:

The attract mode "painting the playfield" top to bottom was mesmerizing

Yes

#425 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's a great layout.
The newest code candidate fleshes out it's potential.

Talkin bout GB, our Kiss LE isnt going any where. My boss loves Kiss too much and I love pinball too much to let him get rid of it. Cant wait for new code.

#426 4 years ago

I'm convinced that the code will always be coming out "tomorrow."

#427 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The original TZ code sucked (but it's OK that you liked it) and would not let me take a dump without draining.

Ted Estes "crapper hold" was the best single innovation in pinball since the flipper.

Besides the hold flipper feature being missing, exactly what about the original code sucked? It's the same game.. same rules, same sounds, same animations. I believe you're engaging in hyperbole here

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

It's the same game.. same rules, same sounds, same animations.

That's why Ted Estes spent thousands of hours of his life on the re-write; same game, same rules.

#429 4 years ago

Where is the KISS code? by TheRave (2 months ago)

#430 4 years ago

Rave and I dumped the game Monday. Open spot at The Sanctum now for Ghostbusters arrival. We couldn't give a s*** where the code is now

#431 4 years ago

Oh boy,now you will be asking were the ghost busters code is in a couple months.

#432 4 years ago

If it takes 9 months...then yes I will.

#433 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRave:

If it takes 9 months...then yes I will.

2+ years for the final code is my prediction.

#434 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'd say if you have that mindset, you will rarely if ever be disappointed in the Stern code process.

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Rave and I dumped the game Monday. Open spot at The Sanctum now for Ghostbusters arrival. We couldn't give a s*** where the code is now

How did KISS do on location??

#436 4 years ago

"where's the beef?" came out when Ghostbusters came out. 'where's the code?'
I want some crazy stuff for Pittsburgh rules on the game.

#437 4 years ago

Hey Gary, Where the hell is the code to my pinball machine??!!??

1900017_10153997507034244_4834461127264383327_n_(resized).jpg

#438 4 years ago

Why does Gary wear those goofy ass glasses? Usually old guys like him stick to jean shorts and black tube socks with dress shirts. Come on, Gary!!

#439 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Brrr... frosty!

#440 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

he can't hear you, he's buying $16 beers with your money at a Kiss concert.

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

LOL. Did you sign something that said you would not disclose the price?

#442 4 years ago

Kiss LE is a major disappointment. I sold that machine along time ago. Even when the code comes out, due to the layout, this game will never be a top game in my humble opinion. The star child area reminds me of Stern Indiana Jones - total waste of space and has almost zero value for ball flow and strategy. I hope I'm wrong but I feel this will compete with WWE in being one of their biggest misses. Mustang LE or Boss is better than this machine. I'm a huge supporter of Stern and I don't understand the whole code thing but I let go my LE specifically because of the layout. The giant Gene head and the star child area turns this machine into a big gimmick. Not trying to offend anyone, I really wish it turned out better. Just an opinion and you all know what those are worth. Still love Stern though.

#443 4 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

True but why leave a gap that could take weeks to fill with another game. Im an operator as well and would leave a game on site until i replaced it that day and not leave a gap. Empty spot equals no money. Best to leave Kiss there until you can fill the spot

#444 4 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Oh boy,now you will be asking were the ghost busters code is in a couple months.

Exactly, Why would Stern change a thing if people are lining up to throw money at them?

#445 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'd say if you have that mindset, you will rarely if ever be disappointed in the Stern code process.

Agreed, I just put a deposit on my first NIB. Met, and the code is complete. If someone wants a brand new title and expects complete code than they are just fools. It has never been that way for reasons.

#446 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It has never been that way for reasons.

BW shipped pretty much complete. What are sterns reasons for changing that?

#447 4 years ago

Way way way deeper code is a start.

#448 4 years ago

I'm not sure I agree, they all still had issues. And where is Williams pinball division now?

#449 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Final code is a whole other story! I'm talking 9 months for just an update!

#450 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

True but why leave a gap that could take weeks to fill with another game. Im an operator as well and would leave a game on site until i replaced it that day and not leave a gap. Empty spot equals no money. Best to leave Kiss there until you can fill the spot

We don't charge coin drop so it's a different story. We are set up primarily as a dedicated league and tournament spot. Not to say that we don't get a ton of casual/non-competitive players. To be honest we were getting more plays on Funhouse than we were on KISS before it left. We had it since the release and it just grew stale on people. Hence the start of this thread.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Frankfort, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Sale Pending!
Dallas, TX
$ 279.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 4247 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside