F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 85.
#4001 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Personally think if the code is not done why release a game.
They don’t give a shit....put a cool theme on a box of flashing lights and the sheeple will buy it. Plain and simple.

Gary said that about Star Wars at one of the shows, and release by release, he's being proven right.

#4002 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Personally think if the code is not done why release a game.

Because you guys will keep buying them.

You guys even pre-order games that you have never played.

#4003 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Because you guys will keep buying them.
You guys even pre-order games that you have never played.

youpeople (resized).jpgyoupeople (resized).jpg
#4004 5 years ago

And Vid made my point...people are lining up to throw money at the next game..some serious FOMO in the pin community.

Look at The Munsters thread....people are drooling over some mock photos. There’s also at least 2-3 threads guessing what the next release is gonna be.

Stern has NO incentive to invest a lot in code for any game. They will hit their target production # on these titles and move on.

If they do the super LE on the Beatles I can’t wait to see the shit show of how Stern selects those buyers.....that should be entertaining.

#4005 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

If they do the super LE on the Beatles I can’t wait to see the shit show of how Stern selects those buyers.....that should be entertaining.

About a boy-band that broke up over a half-century ago???

Pinsiders are going to go crazy when they hear that Yoko insisted she had to do all of John's callouts....

#4006 5 years ago

September update up:
http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-september-2018
Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; we will release them upon update completion. Here are some of the latest updates and the status of things in the works. As always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to [email protected]:
Batman ’66 – We hope you enjoyed the most recent release (0.94.0) and there is still plenty in store. We are hard at work on the next upcoming update.
Aerosmith – The upcoming Aerosmith release is now in final testing and will be released this month. KISS updates will follow this Aerosmith update followed by a Ghostbusters update.
Just because a game isn’t listed on here doesn’t mean there can’t be surprises from time to time.
If you would like to join our mailing list for all code updates for any of our games, please send an e-mail to [email protected] to sign up.
Accessories:
The Star Wars topper has been sent and submitted for final approval getting us one step closer to our formal announcement once it’s available. Iron Maiden accessories are all approved and should be available soon for purchase. Deadpool accessories are all approved with the exception of the final topper, but those items will be available for purchase soon. In the meantime, check out the following items currently available for purchase on the Stern Store:
Official Stern Iron Maiden Pro Translite
Official Stern Iron Maiden Premium Translite
Stern Pinball Player Anti-Fatigue Mat
All Stern Pinball accessories are available to purchase from your local retailer – http://www.sternpinball.com/find-a-retailer

So, am I reading too much into this?

It says KISS updates will follow - so, more than one update?!

#4007 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Pinsiders are going to go crazy when they hear that Yoko insisted she had to do all of John's callouts....

Hahahaha

#4008 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, am I reading too much into this?
It says KISS updates will follow - so, more than one update?!

I wouldn’t get too caught up on what’s probably a grammar error. There is always a chance for an unplanned future update, but unless this becomes a vault release (unlikely) I wouldn’t hold my breath. I think the quality of the KISS update is going to depend a lot on what the Aerosmith update contains. If Aerosmith gets a nice update then there’s hope for KISS, if not then don’t expect much. Either way I still enjoy playing the pin and plan to keep it for right now.

#4009 5 years ago

New AS code out.

Huge update

Way more hopeful KISS update is going to be good

#4010 5 years ago

New AS code out.
Huge update
Way more hopeful KISS update is going to be good

This is exciting! What does everyone expect from new KISS code after seeing Aerosmith code? Will we get skill shots?

Aerosmith:
Added a Super Skill Shot, i.e. at ball start hold the left flipper in while
lightly plunging to light 1 of 3 Super Skill shots.

#4011 5 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

This is exciting! What does everyone expect from new KISS code after seeing Aerosmith code? Will we get skill shots?

Aerosmith:
Added a Super Skill Shot, i.e. at ball start hold the left flipper in while
lightly plunging to light 1 of 3 Super Skill shots.

Would really like to see some skill shots on kiss. This would be a great addition.

#4012 5 years ago

Well done Stern! If Kiss gets that kind of update AS just got, we'll be rocking all night and partying everyday Babee!!!!!! So hopeful Kiss is going to get a final polish update that's been promised!

#4013 5 years ago

When the new code drops it better include this call out:

YOU WANTED THE BEST, YOU GOT THE BEST. THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD....KISS!!!

Kiss has a lot to offer as is but it could really pop with a few tweaks

Make the cities into a US/world tour mode. Now cities have a purpose. Complete the song change the city and the song. Simple.

Add the classic sounds from the Bally version....perhaps as an option like the spinner and when you get the colossal bonus. You made the game a throwback to the original so add a few simple things to tie it in together.

That right ramp is tough....need to be able to light and collect instruments during multiball. Currently you cannot which totally sucks. Also if you have lit 4 instruments you have to collect all 4 before you can light the next one....it should always light an unlit instrument any time you make the right ramp. But I agree you should have to collect at least one of each for an extra ball which it currently is coded for.

I get the issue with songs royalties but how can you not have God of Thunder in there for crying out loud...not likely to happen.

Time for everyone to start refreshing Stern things we would like to see added or fixed!!!

#4014 5 years ago

Wanna see more animations.....color dmd would be that much better....

#4015 5 years ago

I second that...clean up those animations for sure!!! Some of the current ones will be a mess for Color DMD to complete. Needs to be addressed. There is so much footage Kiss could approve to be used.

#4016 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I second that...clean up those animations for sure!!! Some of the current ones will be a mess for Color DMD to complete. Needs to be addressed. There is so much footage Kiss could approve to be used.

Here here. Clown Gene from the match sequence is the DMD equivalent of the XMen "beast" voice.

#4017 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Here here. Clown Gene from the match sequence is the DMD equivalent of the XMen "beast" voice.

Widely known as "Shitty Beast".

1 week later
#4018 5 years ago

I have a frustrating fault.

Get the Demon alert message a lot and the coil just starts firing.

If I jiggle these opto wires, it stops. I thought it was the 3rd one but it might be the second one or both....

I am not sure what is going on?

Does an opto need replacing?

Could be a bad connection in the molex connector part?

Thanks

IMG_4083 (resized).jpgIMG_4083 (resized).jpgIMG_4091 (resized).jpgIMG_4091 (resized).jpg
#4019 5 years ago

I have a frustrating fault.
If I jiggle these opto wires, it stops. I thought it was the 3rd one but it might be the second one or both....
I am not sure what is going on?
Does an opto need replacing?
Could be a bad connection in the molex connector part?
Thanks[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't know, but those things are the worst. Basically stern can't create a proper physical ball lock these days. I'd give them a call. They think I have an issue with opto 2 for my demon head. Bought another but haven't put it in yet.

These optos are "occasionally flaky". Unlike a physical switch, they "occasionally" malfunction when they start to go. PITA.

#4020 5 years ago

I don't know, but those things are the worst. Basically stern can't create a proper physical ball lock these days. I'd give them a call. They think I have an issue with opto 2 for my demon head. Bought another but haven't put it in yet.
These optos are "occasionally flaky". Unlike a physical switch, they "occasionally" malfunction when they start to go. PITA.

What is your game doing?

I bought some optos as spares as seems like we are going to need them.... receiver and emitter.

#4021 5 years ago

What is your game doing?
I bought some optos as spares as seems like we are going to need them.... receiver and emitter.

It's weird. I think it's the 2nd opto in the head. First lock is good. Second then works, but causes a long pause. Finally kicks another ball in shooter lane but takes a long time.

#4022 5 years ago

I had a crazy issue today that went away after a while. I installed a volume control in the tournament button slot and had it all working nice. Put the glass back on, balls in, started the game, volume worked fine. Started a game, played fine for 1 ball, second ball pops out, flippers dont stay up and lights dim when I push them. Played like this a whole game. Shut it down, back on, same thing. Opened door, checked all connectors, powered back on, fine. Left it on for an hour, came back, still fine. Very odd.

#4023 5 years ago

It's weird. I think it's the 2nd opto in the head. First lock is good. Second then works, but causes a long pause. Finally kicks another ball in shooter lane but takes a long time.

Think I have had this.

And sometimes second ball is thrown back into play.

#4024 5 years ago

Think I need to replace opto 2.

Might need to remove Gene head.

Tried a while back and it had me defeated.

Anyone know how to remove it? I tried unscrewing various things under playfield but it just seemed impossible.

#4025 5 years ago

Think I need to replace opto 2.
Might need to remove Gene head.
Tried a while back and it had me defeated.
Anyone know how to remove it? I tried unscrewing various things under playfield but it just seemed impossible.

I thought someone posted how to....I could be wrong....I will do some research....see what I can find

#4026 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I thought someone posted how to....I could be wrong....I will do some research....see what I can find

I did a search, looked in manual, no luck.

I tried before and failed.

Thanks

#4027 5 years ago

I did a search, looked in manual, no luck.
I tried before and failed.
Thanks

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/kiss/le/KissLEweb.pdf

Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 2.42.15 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-09-22 at 2.42.15 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-09-22 at 2.42.25 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-09-22 at 2.42.25 PM (resized).png
#4028 5 years ago

Continuing with the optos on Gene head.

There are 3 in this pic - and they are in order, 1, 2 and 3.

On the other side the 3 optos, the order is 2, 1 and 3.

Are they meant to be same both side? Could it been put together wrong at factory?

Could this cause lock 2 to malfunction?

Thanks

IMG_4083 (resized).jpgIMG_4083 (resized).jpg
#4029 5 years ago

Continuing with the optos on Gene head.
There are 3 in this pic - and they are in order, 1, 2 and 3.
On the other side the 3 optos, the order is 2, 1 and 3.
Are they meant to be same both side? Could it been put together wrong at factory?
Could this cause lock 2 to malfunction?
Thanks[quoted image]

Not sure, but I can't see how they wouldn't. Only 1 way to find out.

#4030 5 years ago

Has the Demon lock ever worked properly since you've had it? Have you tried cleaning the optos? Thanks for the clarification.

#4031 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Has the Demon lock ever worked properly since you've had it? Have you tried cleaning the optos? Thanks for the clarification.

Second owner but lock 2 always been hit and miss.

How do you clean optos? Soft cloth?

#4032 5 years ago

Second owner but lock 2 always been hit and miss.
How do you clean optos? Soft cloth?

Yes or a Q-tip moistened with water.

#4033 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Yes or a Q-tip moistened with rubbing alcohol doesn't hurt.

Negative ghost rider! Rubbing alcohol on plastics will only make it worse over time. Those sensor lenses are plastic

#4034 5 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Negative ghost rider! Rubbing alcohol on plastics will only make it worse over time. Those sensor lenses are plastic

Yes you're right what was I thinking? Post corrected. Thanks Cap!

#4035 5 years ago

If I jiggle these opto wires, it stops.

I had this same issue with lock2 My wires to that opto were very tight and pulled. I loosened them a bit to give the wires more slack and now do not have the lock2 firing over and over. It is something to do with the wires to that opto. Please update the group as to what you find works for you.

#4036 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

I had this same issue with lock2 My wires to that opto were very tight and pulled. I loosened them a bit to give the wires more slack and now do not have the lock2 firing over and over. It is something to do with the wires to that opto. Please update the group as to what you find works for you.

I think my problem is solved now.

Needed a new opto receiver for lock 2.

#4037 5 years ago

Aerosmith v 1.06.0 was released last month, if you didn’t get a chance to check out the big update! KISS updates are currently in development with Ghostbusters still in line after the KISS release.

So KISS is being worked on right now and hopefully this update will be worth waiting for.

I paid attention to KISS Army MB yesterday and it really does feel unfinished so hoping that gets polish.

Wonder if there will be some song balancing?

Doesn't everybody start Deuce, then Lick it Up?

Would be great if they balanced the songs in a way so that Black Diamond gets chosen occasionally!

Should be a nice early Xmas present

Remember they have Keith, Zach, Tim and Lyman to play test so no excuses

#4038 5 years ago

Aerosmith v 1.06.0 was released last month, if you didn’t get a chance to check out the big update! KISS updates are currently in development with Ghostbusters still in line after the KISS release.
So KISS is being worked on right now and hopefully this update will be worth waiting for.
I paid attention to KISS Army MB yesterday and it really does feel unfinished so hoping that gets polish.
Wonder if there will be some song balancing?
Doesn't everybody start Deuce, then Lick it Up?
Would be great if they balanced the songs in a way so that Black Diamond gets chosen occasionally!
Should be a nice early Xmas present
Remember they have Keith, Zach, Tim and Lyman to play test so no excuses

If you think KISS Army multiball is unfinished, wait until you get to the final VERY DISAPPOINTING Rock City Multiball.

I select Black Diamond every game using the song select bug so I'm hearing BD, but playing Deuce.

#4039 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you think KISS Army multiball is unfinished, wait until you get to the final VERY DISAPPOINTING Rock City Multiball.
I select Black Diamond every game using the song select bug so I'm hearing BD, but playing Deuce.

Well, they should definitely finish Rock City as it was never really finished.

They did a big update for AS so hopefully KISS will get the same love

#4040 5 years ago

There's an interesting word for this topic!

#4041 5 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

There's an interesting word for this topic!

You mean KISSUES

#4042 5 years ago

Well, they should definitely finish Rock City as it was never really finished.
They did a big update for AS so hopefully KISS will get the same love

I hope so to, after seeing how much time and effort that was put into AS I'm confident Kiss is going to get that polish we've been patiently waiting for. Such a great game!

1 week later
#4044 5 years ago

Aerosmith code last month.....new KISS code this month???

#4045 5 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Aerosmith code last month.....new KISS code this month???

Now we know they’re finally working on it, the longer they take the better as far as I’m concerned!

#4046 5 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Now we know they’re finally working on it, the longer they take the better as far as I’m concerned!

Agreed! I’d like some new features, enhancements to the wizard modes, and something that incorporates the cities more, not just a few bug fixes. As long as I know it’s being worked on I’m okay waiting for something substantial.

#4047 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Agreed! I’d like some new features, enhancements to the wizard modes, and something that incorporates the cities more, not just a few bug fixes. As long as I know it’s being worked on I’m okay waiting for something substantial.

The easiest way to get the cities into the game with the least amount of trouble is to assign a "groupie" or "STD" to each city that modifies the game a little (longer ball save, timed multiplier, spot starchild letters, mystery perk/bummer, etc). Hopefully they considered that.

#4048 5 years ago

Vireland you was right about KISS Army MB, I had my first the past week and honestly I was expecting a different song... how come it is with “Rock & Roll All Night"? If Stern cannot add more songs because of that Copyright thing at least this song should be exclusive just for that MB in my opinion, in that way we have to "Rock Harder" to listen to all the songs

#4049 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The easiest way to get the cities into the game with the least amount of trouble is to assign a "groupie" or "STD" to each city that modifies the game a little (longer ball save, timed multiplier, spot starchild letters, mystery perk/bummer, etc). Hopefully they considered that.

I guess the best way to get an STD is through Gene's mouth?

#4050 5 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I guess the best way to get an STD is through Gene's mouth?

You pick up the STDs or groupies in each city, but if you get a bad STD Gene's mouth just keeps dribbling balls and will not lock.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/81?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.