Topic Stats

• 4,231 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by HoneyBadger
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 283 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
Z8QWR8.gif

There are 4231 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 85.
#351 3 years ago

they have to focus on whats coming down the line. they will get to this when they have the time. money already spent. why bother right?

#352 3 years ago

A few people are testing the new code right now....everyone can just relax.

#353 3 years ago

Been 8 months since any update of substance. I dont think it's unreasonable to be getting impatient at this point. No one said I wouldn't buy Stern again. What was said is it prevented me from impulse buying GB NIB.

Hope they sell well I love pinball but certain things are important to me on such an expensive toy code is high on the list. Plenty will be available on secondary market likely cheaper than NIB after code is complete so I'm good waiting.

#354 3 years ago

I will never pre-order again. Maybe if it was a Schwarzenegger Commando but otherwise...

#355 3 years ago

They should just start charging for the code updates as Mods... I'm surprised they haven't thought of that...
Maybe at least then it would give them incentive to get the code done!

#356 3 years ago

Meanwhile, GB has a price increase and no color dmd /lcd.

#357 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

In defense of the owner's out there, has Stern made this fact known? If not, I think they have every right to vent about it.

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I'm not in on GB so not following the threads. What models increased in price and by how much?

#359 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

In defense of the owner's out there, has Stern made this fact known? If not, I think they have every right to vent about it.

Stern won't until it is ready for release. If memory serves there are at least 1 or 2 machines where the code got a final update that never was released.

#360 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

In defense of the owner's out there, has Stern made this fact known?

Yes, they said a few months ago that "a really big update" was coming for KISS.

#361 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I think they have every right to vent about it.

Sure, everyone can vent all they want if it makes them feel better.

But it won't make the code get written or playtested any faster.

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Sure, everyone can vent all they want if it makes them feel better.
But it won't make the code get written or playtested any faster.

I think it does and has helped in the past. As always to each their own..

#363 3 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

wrong. same pricing as kiss and got.

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yes, they said a few months ago that "a really big update" was coming for KISS.

And that's cool - I have no horse in this race. I just know how frustrating it can be. Good that Stern is indeed working on it!

#365 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You can only know that if your a Stern employee ... are you? If not dont just put down statements guessing.. anyone can say what you said ...

#366 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I think it does and has helped in the past.

Code has to be coded, then bug tested, and finally play-tested to try and find every exploit.

After each bug and exploit is reported, the code has to be re-written and recompiled. The new code has to be tested to see if it **broke** anything, or created any new exploits or caused scoring to become unbalanced.

No amount of Pinside bitching will cause any of the above to happen any faster.

But if it makes someone feel better to bitch...then have at it.

#367 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

You can only know that if your a Stern employee ... are you? If not dont just put down statements guessing.. anyone can say what you said ...

One of the new code candidates is actually at a few locations, so lots of non employees are playing it right now.

#368 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

There are a lot of non-stern employee beta testers out there.

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Code has to be coded, then bug tested, and finally play-tested to try and find every exploit.
After each bug and exploit is reported, the code has to be re-written and recompiled. The new code has to be tested to see if it **broke** anything, or created any new exploits or caused scoring to become unbalanced.
No amount of Pinside bitching will cause any of the above to happen any faster.
But if it makes someone feel better to bitch...then have at it.

The point is when does the process of providing another update begin. Everyone knows it takes time & is a process. What we are asking for is for that process to start sooner on new releases.

I think it does make a difference and won't stop expressing that view. Not sure why you think it's your job to quiet buyers complaints on code. It's valid and is asking for support from the maker of the pin.

#370 3 years ago

If it's out there being play-tested, I'm surprised it hasn't gotten back to this site with any substantiality.
Since that seems to be the case, I'm assuming there's some sort of NDA signed by the play-testers.

#371 3 years ago

Basically code updates equate to after sales service.

#372 3 years ago

Not sure why you think it's your job to quiet buyers complaints on code.

It's not my job to quiet anybody, I said ' let them bitch if they need to'.

It's my job to pass along that the code is indeed being tested right now - a message of happy news.....

#373 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I'm assuming there's some sort of NDA signed by the play-testers.

Yes

#374 3 years ago

What we are asking for is for that process to start sooner on new releases.

I like to think of the code on TZ.

The old code was boring, and I could never really get into the game.

It took 7 years to actually be rewritten to the code you and I love.

This new code introduced a bunch of bugs that were not in the original released code, but it does make the game enjoyable to play.

-

Now, any current Stern game has code much deeper than those old B/W titles.

And we KNOW it will take 2-3 years for final code to be released. There are 10000s of posts reminding us that the game WON'T be finished for 2-3 years.

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

And we KNOW it will take 2-3 years for final code to be released. There are 10000s of posts reminding us that the game WON'T be finished for 2-3 years.

Doesn't mean it should be that way or couldn't change.

#376 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I would rather the game ship incomplete and then use the buyers of the games to be beta testers to get the game really great over the next few years. If the game shipped complete and was lame, that would suck. If you don't let a lot of opinions fly in from various day one buyers of the game and use that information to make the game great, you're taking a huge risk that the code will be unpopular. I think the way they do it is very smart and they are improving with every game that comes out. They read all the comments and take EVERYTHING into consideration. I appreciate that.

#377 3 years ago

Ahhh...brings back memories of the "Where is the Wheel of Fortune code?" threads.

#378 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They read all the comments and take EVERYTHING into consideration. I appreciate that.

Yet some people say no matter what is said here and 'in the wild' wont change Sterns actions...

I agree with you and I dont mind the code being incomplete. BUT I would love to see them have a bit more rigor and transparency around the process and schedule.

#379 3 years ago

Yet some people say no matter what is said here and 'in the wild' wont change Sterns actions...

Might seem that way to those people, but in my experience, that isn't the case.

#380 3 years ago

We'd all love to have it faster, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

If we want code 5x deeper than the old B/W games, it is currently the price we pay.

I'd rather have my game 2 years earlier, playing and enjoying it with incomplete code, than to wait 2 years for delivery with final code; but that's just me.

#381 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I like to think of the code on TZ.
The old code was boring, and I could never really get into the game.
It took 7 years to actually be rewritten to the code you and I love.
This new code introduced a bunch of bugs that were not in the original released code, but it does make the game enjoyable to play.
-
Now, any current Stern game has code much deeper than those old B/W titles.

I don't care about the past now is a different age. New age toys new expectations. I guess I've just learned a lesson. I change the lineup frequently and don't always keep a pin for the year it sometimes take to get solid code. Stern has made some of my favorite pins and I'm thankful for them keeping pinball alive during the tough times. I'm a fan and think they have talented people working at Stern. Lesson was that I need to be okay with it taking this long or just not buy NIB. I was trying to point out that it was one of the only things that prevented me from buying GB instantly. It's hard using the restraint and I got pissy about it. I shouldn't of my apologies.

I agree that the new code is deeper and I think a big reason for that was Stern listening to their buyers/fan base. I hope the team hits it out of the park and makes the wait worth it. That happened with XM where the last major code update was so awesome it made me forget the wait.

#382 3 years ago

I don't care about the past now is a different age.

https://vine.co/v/eLz7dtTEXnP

#383 3 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

They should just start charging for the code updates as Mods... I'm surprised they haven't thought of that...
Maybe at least then it would give them incentive to get the code done!

Don't give Stern any ideas...we already pay way more now, than we did a few years ago for NIB pins with virtually nothing added to them to justify the steep increase in prices...

#384 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

We'd all love to have it faster, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
If we want code 5x deeper than the old B/W games, it is currently the price we pay.
I'd rather have my game 2 years earlier, playing and enjoying it with incomplete code, than to wait 2 years for delivery with final code; but that's just me.

And BW pins had 5x the depth of EM pins yet shipped with, generally, almost fully complete code.

But I agree, I'm not holding my breath for trump to change. And frankly? If stern were just a bit more transparent around code timing I think almost everyone would be good with their current process.

#385 3 years ago

Where is the KISS code?

#386 3 years ago

It's being worked on

#387 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It's being worked on

Any idea who is polishing/redoing it? I haven't heard from Lyman recently ...

and we know what happens when Borg and Lyman team up ... *cough* Metallica *cough* TWD

#388 3 years ago

KISS hits the road tomorrow. GB on order. Hopefully it ships with decent code and we're not just doing this all over again.

#389 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRave:

KISS hits the road tomorrow. GB on order. Hopefully it ships with decent code and we're not just doing this all over again.

This is what I get a kick out of, the code complainers. WHERES THE CODE? WHERES THE CODE?.......................... I have GB on preorder

#390 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

This is what I get a kick out of, the code complainers. WHERES THE CODE? WHERES THE CODE?.......................... I have GB on preorder

Ya then they will bitch about that,same as kiss.

#391 3 years ago

How soon we forget how the mystery award on metallica was 500k everytime for a year. Stern seems to eventually come thru.

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Glad you get a kick out of it. The options are hold onto this and hope code isn't another 3 months away. Or buy something new that people will be excited about. Even though GB won't ship with finished code, maybe just maybe it is more polished than KISS. Either way it is something new that people will be pumped on. And yeah, if code update on GB is drastically needed and takes 9 months (and counting) to come to fruition, I probably will complain. I think it's BS and don't mind sharing it. I'm obviously not the only one. To add to the decision is the fact that I am not a KISS fan in general. The theme does little for me and the music is just OK IMO. GB is the first theme in a while that I can get excited about. Probably the first Stern theme for me since ACDC.

Anyways, KISS is finding a new home at another Pinball co-op where it can be enjoyed as is while it's new to them, and hopefully becomes a great game when the code does arrive.

#393 3 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

How soon we forget how the mystery award on metallica was 500k everytime for a year. Stern seems to eventually come thru.

LOL...On the occasion when I get a 500K mystery award on my MET, I still laugh and say, "500K! It's not a mystery".

They really came through on MET...Still one of my favorites along with XM.

#394 3 years ago

I'm hoping this code update is epic. I was playing AC/DC Prem last night and the sound is so shitty on it compared to Kiss. It just feels dated now. Luckily the rules on it kick ass and it's still a great game.

#395 3 years ago

I think the next KISS update is going to be a great one. Being optimistic I know but I have a feeling that us KISS owners will be very happily surprised with the next update. Hoping the team has a kick ass update in store for us!

#396 3 years ago

It's a big update with a few surprises thrown in for good measure.

#397 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Care to share anything? Many people are stating that it is a big update but where is this coming from and when can we expect it to be released?

Thanks

#398 3 years ago

No spoilers please....I want the surprise.....code updates are like x-mas for adults.

#399 3 years ago

Everyone who is testing is under NDA, and it's possible that there are several versions out there under test.

#400 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Extra songs

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Davie, FL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
There are 4231 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside