Topic Stats

• 4,231 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by HoneyBadger
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 283 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
Z8QWR8.gif

There are 4231 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 85.
#301 3 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

its so close....i can feel it, right around the corner. A huge update...do you feel it ?

we were told December. jan. feb. I guess march maybe? glad I am getting my walking dead le back after getting repaired. kiss le not getting played at all....

#302 3 years ago

dupe
no code for us in feb !

#303 3 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

its so close....i can feel it, right around the corner. A huge update...do you feel it ?

Nope lol

#304 3 years ago

The mega Kiss code update sounds very similar to:

pasted_image_(resized).png

#305 3 years ago

just got the topper used the 10% off code. Just amazing. Blows the game out of the water. By far the best feature. Maybe stern should spend a little more time developing products (and as I say that I bought a machine). My "new" honeymoon with the game is over and I am 100% unimpressed. Just awful layout. If youre a fan try to stomach the gameplay just for the interactive topper. Just amazing.

#306 3 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

The only thing I feel is pain where Stern decided not to even bother using lube...

#307 3 years ago

I did not realize people bought pinball machines for their toppers. I learned something new again today.

I wish Stern the best, but they are continuing to lose trust in customers and operators.

#308 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I did not realize people bought pinball machines for their toppers. I learned something new again today.
I wish Stern the best, but they are continuing to lose trust in customers and operators.

With their toppers being $500 (GOT) for a plastic housing with LED lights and a coil that makes wings go up and down or $400 for just a bunch of LED's in frame (Kiss), it just goes to show how rabid pinball buyers are for stuff.. and Stern knows it. Makes sense that if they can get people excited about overpriced toppers, they'll want the machine to go with it.

#309 3 years ago

I am glad my livelihood doesn't rely on stern code updates. feel bad for the operators.

#310 3 years ago

Think whatever you want. I didn't buy the game for the topper. That's a really silly statement and a very odd way to interpret what I was saying.

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

With their toppers being $500 (GOT) for a plastic housing with LED lights and a coil that makes wings go up and down or $400 for just a bunch of LED's in frame (Kiss), it just goes to show how rabid pinball buyers are for stuff.. and Stern knows it. Makes sense that if they can get people excited about overpriced toppers, they'll want the machine to go with it.

Another odd post. The topper came out long after I purchased the machine. Chek your facts please.

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Think whatever you want. I didn't buy the game for the topper. That's a really silly statement and a very odd way to interpret what I was saying.

enjoy your pin and modding it. good for you. that's the fun part is making it exclusive to your tastes.

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

enjoy your pin and modding it. good for you. that's the fun part is making it exclusive to your tastes.

I don't really consider that a mod more of an accessory. Am I incorrect?

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

ok, accessory. not trolling you just saying enjoy accessorizing or modding your pin to your tastes.

#315 3 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

accessory- a thing that can be added to something else in order to make it more useful, versatile, or attractive.

modify- make partial or minor changes to (something), typically so as to improve it or to make it less extreme.

#316 3 years ago

so a code update is an accessory ^^^^^^

stern please make more "accessories"!!!

#317 3 years ago

Blowing my mind. Code update a mod? Ill buy that. Maybe it will disable the Gene head and the game will play better. The topper didn't affect the gameplay at all-its still awful.

#318 3 years ago

The Santa pic must be for 2016

#319 3 years ago

Every week there is no code update just means that is one more week of development of killer code......ohhhhh baby....is gonna be good.

LOL...I had to post something just to balance the negative posts.

#320 3 years ago

I've been pretty critical of the current KISS code and lack of updates. But as the weeks go by I'm finding myself a little more patient and just enjoying the game for what it currently is. I know an update is coming and I'm sure it will be significant. I guess I'm either a sucker or just learning patience with my age.

#321 3 years ago

Could you tell me what is missing in the actual code? What is missing and what should be fixed?

#322 3 years ago

For starters the cities and several inserts have no tie into the game. Many owners are still having issues with the Gene head.

#323 3 years ago

Don't think code will fix the Gene head? Maybe a service bulletin or a recall? I still say I have never seen a worse feature in any pinball than the Gene head.

#324 3 years ago

Are you still having problems with yours? I tweaked my settings and it's worked perfect ever since. Yours must be defective. Have you asked Stern for a replacement mechanism?

#325 3 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I still say I have never seen a worse feature in any pinball than the Gene head.

Go take a look at your Demo Man claw when you have a chance.

#326 3 years ago
Quoted from Squall:

Could you tell me what is missing in the actual code? What is missing and what should be fixed?

Are you being genuine or not? Can't tell.

#327 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Go take a look at your Demo Man claw when you have a chance.

Really? the Demo man claw doesn't hang up or shoot STDM. No comparison.

#328 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Are you still having problems with yours? I tweaked my settings and it's worked perfect ever since. Yours must be defective. Have you asked Stern for a replacement mechanism?

Yes still a game killer. I did the adjustments its not 100% STDM but its enough. Still gets hung up. Ive taken it completely apart and done every adjustment. Stern sent a replacement part that did nothing. they go on and on about how much people love the feature.

I know of 2 in the wild. Gene head is factory setting and STDM every time.

#329 3 years ago

Played Kiss at New York New York in Vegas. I actually liked the game but the code looked pretty shallow. I am not a great player so it was fine for on location but I am pulling for you guys to get a big update because it seemed like it would get a bit boring in a HUO environment. I love the look of the pin but it obviously needs the code to be able to last.

#330 3 years ago

Yeah at factory settings Gene shoots bullets SDTM. I have my machine pitched slightly back also. I'm sure that helps. I'd lower your lockup power big time. Even if they just fall out of his mouth it's better than the alternative. Really hope you get yours working properly. I know how frustrating it can be.

#331 3 years ago

"SDTM" KISS Head Correction:

No one needs to reduce coil power, switch coils, or lower lock out time.

Here is an old tech trick:

If you use a small ramp protector inside Gene's mouth, you can redirect the pinball to the left or right however you wish.

Pick the side, and make small bends as necessary.

You can even use a piece of aluminum sheet metal, if you do not have one. Cut it with tin snips, use bent pliers to shape, and file the edges. Mount by flat screw or profesional epoxy.

This requires little modification.
It prevents SDTM.
It will not be seen, if done with aesthetics in mind and a bit of care.

#332 3 years ago

You never Noid who might have their hands on the code...

Brad

noid.jpg

#333 3 years ago

"SDTM" KISS Head Correction:
No one needs to reduce coil power, switch coils, or lower lock out time.
Here is an old tech trick:
If you use a small ramp protector inside Gene's mouth, you can redirect the pinball to the left or right however you wish.
Pick the side, and make small bends as necessary.
You can even use a piece of aluminum sheet metal, if you do not have one. Cut it with tin snips, use bent pliers to shape, and file the edges. Mount by flat screw or profesional epoxy.
This requires little modification.
It prevents SDTM.
It will not be seen, if done with aesthetics in mind and a bit of care.

Wish i didnt have to do anything. Maybe some quality control...

#334 3 years ago

I've been genuinely enjoying our new KISS Pro. I've made some modifications for my daughters because they are young, but love the game. I adjusted the game settings to add a ball save time after the Lock. It reminded me of the raptor pit on JP. If the ball goes SDTM, you get it back. I then took the instruments down to 4 to collect Ace. Makes the game more enjoyable and collecting the "blinking" members something to shoot for. I think I like the game more for it's nostalgia... It's a juke/pin, so the code doesn't need to be awesome.

Having said all that. Here's some easy fixes...

1) There are certain switches that do not make a sound during game play.
2) Obviously something can be done with the cities. Maybe not so many, if it makes choosing/collecting them too complicated.
3) Needs some meaningful shot or series to collect 2x and 3x, instead of random award.
4) Hopefully a different song during "KISS Army" multiball or "Rock City". If you can get to those wizard levels, it's a more than a little anti-climactic to hear a same song that could be chosen during regular game play.

#335 3 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Really? the Demo man claw doesn't hang up or shoot STDM. No comparison.

My Gene head doesn't drain, SDTM.....Though I heard some have...sounds liked an oopsie, but I thought they fixed it with a ball save time specifically for the Gene head??

#336 3 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

My Gene head doesn't drain, SDTM.....Though I heard some have...sounds liked an oopsie, but I thought they fixed it with a ball save time specifically for the Gene head??

Guys don't go down this road with joekiss. It's not worth it.

#337 3 years ago

Where is the KISS code? ....lol ....hmmmmmm

#338 3 years ago

we will see if they release this tomorrow. my father used to say "when the eagle shits"

#339 3 years ago

It will come, when it is ready, and not a moment before. In the meantime, I can work on integrating my neopixel mod into my pro. The pro is a bit too "cool white" for me, especially sitting between MET and Luci.

#340 3 years ago

Is today supposed to be the day? Fingers crossed!

#341 3 years ago

Hate to be a downer on the day that GB is announced but must say I'm pretty disappointed that it has taken so long for a substantial update on KISS. I was thinking of going in on GB but given my experience with KISS I think I'll wait until the GB code is solid & fun. I guess it's a good thing for me that Stern has eliminated my impulse buying by taking so long with the code support.

#342 3 years ago

I think it's all relative. I waited 2 years to be able to earn an extra ball on Tron Pro.

Plus, the rumour is its not a code update, but a code rework. I think it will be a lot different than the rule set is now.

#343 3 years ago

I would never pre-order after the KISS pin. Maybe GB will have a STDM slimmer feature and a right ramp that is almost impossible to hit.

#344 3 years ago

They have built GOT, SMVE, and Ghostbusters....but can't update Kiss?

#345 3 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

They have built GOT, SMVE, and Ghostbusters....but can't update Kiss?

LOL, that wouldn't make them any more money.

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I think it's all relative. I waited 2 years to be able to earn an extra ball on Tron Pro.
Plus, the rumour is its not a code update, but a code rework. I think it will be a lot different than the rule set is now.

Sure hope the rumor is right love the pin (art, sound, layout) the current code not so much.

#347 3 years ago

Just an update on the code progress would be nice. Don't know why Stern insists on keeping this stuff a secret. New releases I understand.

#348 3 years ago

Just an update on the code progress would be nice. Don't know why Stern insists on keeping this stuff a secret. New releases I understand.

I agree. Stern is trying to be more open with the market and the collectors, and this would be a great way to do so. Just a weekly duty of the new Stern community manager - updates on the production line and code developments. Nothing fancy, but a quick post on their Facebook page would do wonders.

#349 3 years ago

I'm thinking positive thoughts on an update. It's going to happen.

#350 3 years ago

Because people just keep throwing their money at them. The pinball hunger is insatiable - check out the GB thread!

Pinhead flowchart
Step 1 - Game Announced
Step 2 - Does game have flippers?
Step 3 - Does game make some sounds?
Step 4 - Does the game have some basic rules?
Step 5 - Do some of the inserts light up and work?
Step 6 - Send Distributor 7k dollars.
Step 7 - Complain about code not being complete
Step 8 - I'll never buy a Stern again!
Step 9 - Goto Step 1

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
4,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Tucson, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Steele, ND
Machine - For Sale
Cottonwood, AZ
There are 4231 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside