Topic Stats

• 4,231 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by HoneyBadger
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 283 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
Z8QWR8.gif

There are 4231 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 85.
#3301 2 years ago

kiss-code-stern-pinball (resized).png

#3302 2 years ago
Quoted from jabdoa:

I can give this a try soon.
Jan

BTW, Jan is one of the awesome brains and muscle behind MPF. He is has been providing me with massive assistance, bug fixes and enhancements to MPF for Spike and support the KISS re-write.

Tim

#3303 2 years ago

I created a new topic in the Homebrew section called KISS Remastered so as not to obscure the call to Stern for new KISS code. If you are interested in this project, that's the place to go. Let's go make this happen.

#3304 2 years ago

152 days!!!

#3305 2 years ago

If they don't release the code, will any of you be willing to sell for a very low price

#3306 2 years ago
Quoted from earthvsmattGR:

If they don't release the code, will any of you be willing to sell for a very low price

No, but I'll sell you the love child of Gene Simmons and Bessie the cow.

IMG_5653 (resized).JPG

#3307 2 years ago

Code will not matter. My game is pretty unplayable because of the awful gene head. Ball wont register, gets stuck, etc. I very very rarely play but usually the same ends in the device malfunction. Basically a big paperweight. Looks cool turned on with the topper though.

#3308 2 years ago

Awesome project! Very curious to see how it turns out.

Race is on - which code gets finished first?

#3309 2 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Code will not matter. My game is pretty unplayable because of the awful gene head. Ball wont register, gets stuck, etc. I very very rarely play but usually the same ends in the device malfunction. Basically a big paperweight. Looks cool turned on with the topper though.

It still doesnt work? I have been curious to play yours to see what these problems are like.

#3310 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

It still doesnt work? I have been curious to play yours to see what these problems are like.

It's not rocket science. You probably have one or more switches/optos out. Testing one by one can narrow it down. Probably an hour or two to get it up again.

#3311 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I am all down for some home brew updates...but it needs to include the Prem/Le and especially it it's reversible.
One way to get around any license issue is to simply include in the "Kit" is a copy of the Kiss CD and pick a DVD or 2 that contains the video clips you want to use. If you include the actual licensed copies that must be purchased with the kit then there is no issue loading those into your personal game in this scenario.....now if you provide support or instructions for modifying/editing clips and people have their own source material to insert then that's on the end user.
Now I truly think that only a handful of people would really want to go this far on modding the game....so I think privately between a few people each buying the stuff for the mod would be fine if it stayed private and not "for sale" and you could do pretty much what you want. That's probably the best way to go.
I am very interested and full of suggestions on things that could be added or should have been in the game to begin with.

I would need someone with a Premium to assist in the coding effort or someone could loan me a KISS LE

Yeah, I really like your kit idea. Great suggestions.

#3312 2 years ago

Honestly, Stern is the new Circuit City, RadioShack, and Blockbuster, they are creating their own demise. Kiss code has gotta be cheaper and easier than fixing their piss poor quality, so Stern, do it already!

#3313 2 years ago

151 days !!

#3314 2 years ago

That is dedication.

#3315 2 years ago

A daily bump. This thread ain't going away ..... unless....

#3316 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

That is dedication.

Stern said there WILL be a KISS code update sometime in 2017. I am just counting down to remind them(not really, just to bump) of the time constraint they have given themselves.

#3317 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Stern said there WILL be a KISS code update sometime in 2017.

Stern also said there WILL be code updates every two weeks for BM66 I hope there is an update but I'm not counting on it. In the meantime I'm enjoying my pin.

#3318 2 years ago

Oh, and I can't wait for the 'Where's the SW code' thread, if it isn't already out there.

#3319 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Stern said there WILL be a KISS code update sometime in 2017. I am just counting down to remind them(not really, just to bump) of the time constraint they have given themselves.

I'm all for the countdown.

KISS should've been a huge seller... think it still can be...just fix the code.

#3320 2 years ago

Kiss is sold. Sorry guys.. Good luck with the code. I've moved on to better things. Just couldn't wait any longer.

#3321 2 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Kiss is sold. Sorry guys.. Good luck with the code. I've moved on to better things. Just couldn't wait any longer.

Sorry to hear this but this code wait has been ridiculous. Maybe one day you can grab another if the code ever gets finished.

#3322 2 years ago

Honestly, Stern has kinda ruined pinball for me going forward. I kept Metallica pro, Tron LE and Star Trek Premium. The remaining Stern machines are gone. I loved the Kiss LE I had but honestly, it left bad taste in my mouth when I realized I had the game for 2 years and the game is
incomplete. Very shameful for a company to be able to get away with this kind of unsatisfaction level. Anyway, good luck to all the kiss
army fans! I did keep my trusty 1978 Bally Kiss with completed code though!

#3323 2 years ago

Well I am pretty much getting a NEW KISS LE, but lack of code is still frustrating, beginning the process of removing mods and shipping her off.

Quoted from skywalker:

Any pics to prove this statement please.

Churchill play field

Ghosting inserts and cracking clear in the shooter lane and out hole. This game also sat inside my house for two weeks before being played and a play field protector was installed, untouched by pinballs. the cracked clear happened in less than 200 plays. I went on deployment and after a year of the game not being played I inspected my KISS LE to find more than a few inserts ghosting just from sitting untouched. Sorry for the poor quality of video I also forgot to show the drum insert and super ramps insert ghosting which is under a ramp. Imagine 5 years from now what the game will look like. I hope Stern can figure this issue out because I like their machines, I am just not going to buy something IMHO that should not do what they are claiming now to be normal.

#3324 2 years ago

You sold your LE or is stern replacing the playfield?

#3325 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

You sold your LE or is stern replacing the playfield?

Stern is replacing the play field, so kudos for them. I mean canon 200 plays and it sits for a year and BAM lookin like a ghostbusters! Maybe they will send a USB with new play field loaded with new code!

#3326 2 years ago

I seriously doubt code is coming anytime soon with Star Wars' release. But, I hope you guys luck out and the code is awesome!

#3327 2 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Stern is replacing the play field, so kudos for them. I mean canon 200 plays and it sits for a year and BAM lookin like a ghostbusters! Maybe they will send a USB with new play field loaded with new code!

Wow! I had no idea your bullet proofed LE was having issues. Glad you're getting another. I'm sure that wasn't an easy task. I'm afraid to check mine now.

#3328 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Wow! I had no idea your bullet proofed LE was having issues. Glad you're getting another. I'm sure that wasn't an easy task. I'm afraid to check mine now.

very easy actually, only took me 10 minutes to get it out and in box. Only two cabels to unplug, took me a couple hours to remove mods..lol. Bullet proof protection does not protect you against cancer I am afraid.

#3329 2 years ago

150 days!

#3330 2 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

very easy actually, only took me 10 minutes to get it out and in box. Only two cabels to unplug, took me a couple hours to remove mods..lol. Bullet proof protection does not protect you against cancer I am afraid.

No I meant it couldn't have been an easy task for you to convince Stern to swap your playfield.

#3331 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

No I meant it couldn't have been an easy task for you to convince Stern to swap your playfield.

Ah gotcha, NO, it wasn't. I did leave my star child metal protector on, maybe they can steal my idea and incorporate it in future builds

#3332 2 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Fix it!

If you can't fix it, get the company who sold it to you to come fix it for you.

It'll be either the Opto or the VUK switch, or the plugs. Simple enough once you know where to look. Good luck with it!

rd

#3333 2 years ago

Oh man 149 days!!!

#3334 2 years ago

Gene swears he has nothing to do with the delay.

25517 (resized).jpeg

#3335 2 years ago

Wouldn't want to stand too close to Gene

#3336 2 years ago

OMFG why did I just look at that?

#3337 2 years ago

IMG_0199 (resized).JPG

#3338 2 years ago

Looks like Gene was pretty excited to see you

#3339 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Gene swears he has nothing to do with the delay.

Don't ask, don't tell?

omg gene! (resized).jpg

#3340 2 years ago

148 days !!

#3341 2 years ago

Not long now!

#3342 2 years ago

I got to put a little time in on Kiss tonight and actually liked it a lot! I don't know how bad the code is so I'm not even going to comment on that but from what I seen, it's a really bad ass game.

#3343 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don't know how bad the code is

In reality, it's not bad at all.

rd

#3344 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I got to put a little time in on Kiss tonight and actually liked it a lot! I don't know how bad the code is so I'm not even going to comment on that but from what I seen, it's a really bad ass game.

The code is fine. Needs a little polish, that's all (and I hope it's still coming). People whining about how "bad" the code is are exaggerating.

#3345 2 years ago

I honestly don't think the code is bad.

But there are some dead ends, bugs, fixes, and display graphics that really need to be addressed. As a NIB buyer, it is beyond ridiculous that I have had to wait well over 2 years for this to happen.

I have voted with my wallet. I wanted an NIB G.B. as bad as I wanted KISS, but I held out. Sure looks like I made the right choice and I still do NOT own G.B. My next temptation will be Iron Maiden, but I am confident that I am more pissed with STERN than needing their game(s). KISS my A$$.

Oh, and 147 days !!

#3346 2 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Honestly, Stern has kinda ruined pinball for me going forward.

Ladies and gentlemen...I give you...Pinside.

#3347 2 years ago

2017 has been the worst year for Stern code support in my opinion. Stern has what 5-8 programmers on staff? Why is it that only a few updates have been released in 2017 that actually add content, not bug fix updates, to games?

Sterns programming staff is talented, no question there, but the delays with code updates are due to Stern management wanting to put out more titles per year then ever before. Sterns programmers are simply stretched too thin.

#3348 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I honestly don't think the code is bad.
But there are some dead ends, bugs, fixes, and display graphics that really need to be addressed. As a NIB buyer, it is beyond ridiculous that I have had to wait well over 2 years for this to happen.

This is the problem with Stern. The games are built to their satisfaction level, not the customers. I was an early KISS adopter too, but sold mine after 8 months when GoT was released. My friend has a premium and feels like he can't even sell it (without huge loss) unless there's another update to renew interest in the game.

Rob

#3349 2 years ago

I think the days of selling a Stern for a profit are all but over. Who is going to pay a premium for ghosting, cabinet splits, and incomplete code?

#3350 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I think the days of selling a Stern for a profit are all but over. Who is going to pay a premium for ghosting, cabinet splits, and incomplete code?

It's a good thing my happiness isn't driven by profit, but rather having fun. I'm prepared to lose money having fun (quoted from Boob).

Rob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
There are 4231 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside