F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 85.
#3201 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So you're saying we'll have the last KISS update before the next Batman '66 update?

I believe so. I've heard from some distributors that Kiss is being worked on now and being tested. I can't name them, but it's going to happen.

#3202 6 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

I believe so. I've heard from some distributors that Kiss is being worked on now and being tested. I can't name them, but it's going to happen.

Sure hope so. Give this game some love and get it finished. Restore our faith and move on to the next game in need.

#3203 6 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

That will be awesome if true and will really help Stern's reputation going forward.

#3204 6 years ago

I hope you guys aren't being fed a line...because I had a distributor tell me they were NOT going to update this pin again, that Stern had moved on. I hope they were wrong and you guys are right about an update coming!

#3205 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I hope you guys aren't being fed a line...because I had a distributor tell me they were NOT going to update this pin again, that Stern had moved on. I hope they were wrong and you guys are right about an update coming!

The thing is that if they abandon it after all the hints that there was going to be an update, it will cost them sales going forward for sure.

Yes, people would have been disappointed a year ago if they had said KISS was done but to have been kept on a hook for so long just doesn't make sense.

And even if not fully committed , how long would it have taken to do a bug fix etc and get something done?

Anyway it looks like I better stay tuned for the next 60 days

#3206 6 years ago

I think it we're finally starting to see a small effect of poor code with the sales with Star Wars. Make no mistake...SW will sell a bunch of units but the general sense is that a lot of people are buying DI instead and waiting for other options like Houdini and maybe even Thunderbirds. A sizable number of buyers are starting to get a little more gun shy about dropping their cash on NIB Sterns after KISS and BM66 and now a SW with a barren playfield and blah art packages.

#3207 6 years ago

While you guys wait for code, check out my Love Gun bitches.....

IMG_0528 (resized).JPGIMG_0528 (resized).JPG

IMG_0529 (resized).JPGIMG_0529 (resized).JPG

IMG_0531 (resized).JPGIMG_0531 (resized).JPG

#3208 6 years ago

If you could load a new set of code (not from Stern) on your KISS would you do it? Let's say someone could and would recode KISS and add a new rule set with more modes, more songs, new visuals, etc. New code releases would be common until polished and complete. What if it meant replacing the DMD with an LCD and some new hardware to interface with spike system? So let's say the total cost would be somewhere between $300-$600. And be completely reversible to original KISS. Would you be interested?

#3209 6 years ago

ABSOLUTELY! Bring it on!!

#3210 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

If you could load a new set of code (not from Stern) on your KISS would you do it? Let's say someone could and would recode KISS and add a new rule set with more modes, more songs, new visuals, etc. New code releases would be common until polished and complete. What if it meant replacing the DMD with an LCD and some new hardware to interface with spike system? So let's say the total cost would be somewhere between $300-$600. And be completely reversible to original KISS. Would you be interested?

ummmmm.. yes 1000%

#3211 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Yes...assuming Stern doesn't come out with a good code update.

#3212 6 years ago

While its possible it would never happen. Nobody would take the time to do this.

Quoted from konjurer:

#3213 6 years ago

According to Cointaker at Pintastic they said Stern is done with code on KISS and it's final at least from what he's heard.

#3214 6 years ago

Did Melissa say that ?

#3215 6 years ago
Quoted from Rhlufa:

Did Melissa say that ?

Was a tall guy with short gray hair. Nice guy...just got to chatting with him while I was waiting to play Star Wars.

#3216 6 years ago

It'd be a bummer if it is finished with ... however I slammed out 10 games in a row yesterday and I still enjoy the game as it is.

I have mine set up competition tough, and it is a challenging game. Probably why they have had it in A bank at PAPA this year. From memory, they'd taken out the side posts altogether on that game. It was very tough.

rd

#3217 6 years ago

Its funny how the only throwback art missing on the new Kiss is the Love Gun girls....I added those as well.

If and that's a big IF someone could add code and LCD to Kiss that would be awesome.....Should have had an LCD to begin with. Count me in for sure!

#3218 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

If and that's a big IF someone could add code and LCD to Kiss that would be awesome.....Should have had an LCD to begin with.

I could be a smart ass and say if you want a KISS with LCD, buy an Aerosmith.

rd

#3219 6 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

According to Cointaker at Pintastic they said Stern is done with code on KISS and it's final at least from what he's heard.

If this is true what a joke. Being told in Stern released videos that code is being worked on and then nothing. WTF!? I'm really starting to think with the way Stern is running their business that something big is going to happen sooner than later. Increased prices, stripped down playfields, QC issues and half baked code. They're on a massive cash grab securing all these licensed titles and pumping them out faster than cheeseburgers. Their customer relations are a joke. I'm really starting to think that Gary is looking to bail in a few short years and sell. Their actions are clearly of a company not looking ahead. This is just my opinion though and I could be wrong.

#3220 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

If this is true what a joke. Being told in Stern released videos that code is being worked on and then nothing. WTF!? I'm really starting to think with the way Stern is running their business that something big is going to happen sooner than later. Increased prices, stripped down playfields, QC issues and half baked code. They're on a massive cash grab securing all these licensed titles and pumping them out faster than cheeseburgers. Their customer relations are a joke. I'm really starting to think that Gary is looking to bail in a few short years and sell. Their actions are clearly of a company not looking ahead. This is just my opinion though and I could be wrong.

They should sell to SEGA

#3221 6 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Well, I am a buyer of Stern games - recently KISS and ASLE.

But, if they abandon KISS without any update at all, I won't buy anymore Stern games.

More on principle than anything else.

Yeah, I am but a tiny cog in the wheel but in a niche market, companies should be trying to ensure customer loyalty.

And yes KISS is a good game now BUT Stern did promise/hint an update was coming. That is the issue.

#3222 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

No.

#3223 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Yup!

#3224 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, I am a buyer of Stern games - recently KISS and ASLE.
But, if they abandon KISS without any update at all, I won't buy anymore Stern games.
More on principle than anything else.
Yeah, I am but a tiny cog in the wheel but in a niche market, companies should be trying to ensure customer loyalty.
And yes KISS is a good game now BUT Stern did promise/hint an update was coming. That is the issue.

There are lots of 'cogs' that feel the way you do too. I havent bought a stern pin since KISS. I'm fed up and 100% done with Stern unless they change their coding/release process.

BTW, thats doubtful. You have people lapping up $15K pins, getting burned on code and then lapping up SW LE's. Its our own fault.

#3225 6 years ago

Let the countdown begin! We have 166 days until the end of the year. Stern has promised us a KISS code update in 2017!

166 days max before we get a code ! woohoo!

#3226 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

You assume Gary is still "the" owner.....

#3227 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

You assume Gary is still the owner.....

I'm sure at least he's a majority.

#3228 6 years ago

Stern is the master at marketing by doing the least. They create all kinds of buzz when they hint something COULD happen....they get the sharks swarming with a drop of blood and then they feed the sharks......look at BM 66. People had to beg Stern to take their 15K. People need to quit buying into this gimmick marketing by all these pin manufacturers as they are doing no one any favors.

No need for pitchforks as that does no good. Now I suggest a slick person do what works best....take Gary out for "A night on the town" and we may get him to give us some code updates. That's how sales used to get done LOL!

#3229 6 years ago

165 days!

#3230 6 years ago

Stay tuned !

#3231 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Stern is the master at marketing

I would disagree with this statement. Though I do agree they are able to whip the pinball community into a frenzy.

Marketing, ultimately, needs to put a halo around a brand and do everything possible to ensure the public and its buyers have a positive perception of the brand.

This is not true right now but to be fair, thats not really marketings fault.

#3232 6 years ago

164 days!

#3233 6 years ago

163 days!

#3234 6 years ago

So at this point which is more likely to happen first....color DMD or a code update?

#3235 6 years ago

Mark my words- code will be released on Wednesday to maximize the hype at Pinburgh. Ok, don't really mark my words i have zero inside information just some wishful thinking

#3236 6 years ago

I dont think we get colordmd until there is an update

#3237 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

So at this point which is more likely to happen first....color DMD or a code update?

Pigs flying through the sky seems, sadly, more likely than either.

#3238 6 years ago

162 days!

#3239 6 years ago

Will we get code before the end of summer?

#3240 6 years ago

Colorizing this title won't be possible until the concert footage that stern used is found.

Quoted from finnflash:

I dont think we get colordmd until there is an update

#3241 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Colorizing this title won't be possible until the concert footage that stern used is found.

I don't think that is true at all....I believe many colors can be guessed and played with to make something that looks good and correct

#3242 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I don't think that is true at all....I believe many colors can be guessed and played with to make something that looks good and correct

But it's a LOT more work without the original footage.

#3243 6 years ago

Stay tuned !

#3244 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

While you guys wait for code, check out my Love Gun bitches.....

It looks amazing thedarkknight77! I have a Love Gun set too, to be honest yours is much nicer because of the guitars in the figures. I put them beside the pins...same with Batman 66.

Regards

IMG_0696 (resized).PNGIMG_0696 (resized).PNG

IMG_0693 (resized).JPGIMG_0693 (resized).JPG

IMG_0687 (resized).JPGIMG_0687 (resized).JPG

IMG_0689 (resized).JPGIMG_0689 (resized).JPG

#3245 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

It looks amazing thedarkknight77! I have a Love Gun set too, to be honest yours is much nicer because of the guitars in the figures. I put them beside the pins...same with Batman 66.
Regards

Wow your pics look amazing good job KISS is a beautiful game.

#3246 6 years ago

I know it is getting old but Stern really need to step on the code side of things, especially as all sorts of QC issues appearing. Latest being ghosting inserts on SW - really thought we were done with that.

Anyway, they are making it easier for me as will wait for KISS and AS updates.

If they don't happen, will still enjoy the games but it will be back to B/W games again for me!

#3247 6 years ago

There's ghosting issues on SW? WOW! I've never seen a company in the middle of such a resurrgence of pinball constantly find ways to piss off and alienate its customers. I've steered so many people away from buying Stern nib. It's just not worth it.

#3248 6 years ago

I missed yesterday, so yesterday was 161, and today is 160 days and counting!

#3249 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I missed yesterday, so yesterday was 161, and today is 160 days and counting!

Do we all pick a number between 1 and 160 to see who is closest?

#3250 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Do we all pick a number between 1 and 160 to see who is closest?

Yeah, but the horses ass trophy goes to STERN.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 29.95
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/65?hl=bitternerd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.