Topic Stats

• 4,220 posts
  • 348 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 days ago by Shapeshifter
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 280 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
Z8QWR8.gif
8C9408F0-7449-4154-8333-93FD668320DB (resized).jpeg
a14158c7ace02179558624cb67755182792f11e4 (resized).jpg
IMG_4260 (resized).jpg

There are 4220 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 85.
#3151 1 year ago

Stay tuned !

#3152 1 year ago

I believe it was last November where Jody stated they are working on a big code update for KISS in the John's Arcade tour. Just ridiculous.

#3153 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I believe it was last November where Jody stated they are working on a big code update for KISS in the John's Arcade tour. Just ridiculous.

Well, the fact it has been documented and promised means if they don't get it out, it will be quoted going forward forever!

#3154 1 year ago

I ran into a bug a couple days ago that really sucked and pissed me off. I had completed 2 songs and started Shout It Out Loud and was either on my first or second ball...anyway I had hit the lit center ramp shot, the right orbit, and had the left orbit lit. I started Love Gun multiball and during the multiball I hit the left orbit and it never gave me another lit shot to advance for song completion. I eventually drained. And I was playin a 2 player game with a friend and when I drained with no lit shot his ball came up to his correct song he was on and he had lit shots as normal. When he drained it changed back to my song with no lit shot. So no stuck/broken switches etc. that's the only song I have seen that happen on.

It doesn't make the game unplayable but it sure sucks when it happens.

#3155 1 year ago

New code will have some additional stuff added. Cities will do something, but I'm not sure I would be too excited about it as I feel KISS has been a letdown in the code department.

#3156 1 year ago

Quoted from thedarkknight77:
The update will only be a bug fix! They have no intention of adding or updating game rules! The update promise is to help distributors sell out of the crap loads of inventory they own. Sorry, but true!
I have stated in the KISS ratings forum and to pinhead friends essentially the same thing - that coding cities may be more difficult/involved than the brass would "care" to implement. That said, there has got to be some "tag-on" code that would do SOMETHING, however basic, fun, interesting, and unique involving each of the cities. That is the only thing that will satisfy players and reinvigorrate interest and sales. And if there is no simple code they can come up w/ involving cities; then do they not need to just bite the bullet and do however much rewriting is nec.? Even if that means facing up to another resultant bug fix or two. Bcs/ there is no way anyone can argue the game feels complete when the cities do absolutely zilch. The code issue sure hasnt done Stern and the customers who bought it any favors. The ONLY WAY to play it smart at this point is to knock our socks off w/ how good and involved new code can be - and soon. I really think they would be glad if they did bcs/ the pin could absolutely own instead of being a somewhat let down. Dont lock me in a room w/ a half dressed 10 for over a yr if youre not gonna give me the key to the belt

#3157 1 year ago
Quoted from RayGun:

The update will only be a bug fix!

Any speculation is total BS...Blacknight doesn't know any more that anyone here. We've all been through this. Last fall, my distributor in Chicago told me he stopped by the factory and talked to the coders and that a release was coming. We've had the comments made in a couple Stern videos. We had someone recently tell us a release was coming that week and we could take it to the bank. All the predictions are fell flat and been replaced by an equally bad information. We can only wait and hope. With every new release by Stern it becomes more improbable because that just one more machine competing for completed code.

#3158 1 year ago
Quoted from RayGun:

The update will only be a bug fix! They have no intention of adding or updating game rules! The update promise is to help distributors sell out of the crap loads of inventory they own. Sorry, but true!
I have stated in the KISS ratings forum and to pinhead friends essentially the same thing - that coding cities may be more difficult/involved than the brass would "care" to implement. That said, there has got to be some "tag-on" code that would do SOMETHING, however basic, fun, interesting, and unique involving each of the cities. That is the only thing that will satisfy players and reinvigorrate interest and sales. And if there is no simple code they can come up w/ involving cities; then do they not need to just bite the bullet and do however much rewriting is nec.? Even if that means facing up to another resultant bug fix or two. Bcs/ there is no way anyone can argue the game feels complete when the cities do absolutely zilch. The code issue sure hasnt done Stern and the customers who bought it any favors. The ONLY WAY to play it smart at this point is to knock our socks off w/ how good and involved new code can be - and soon. I really think they would be glad if they did bcs/ the pin could absolutely own instead of being a somewhat let down. Dont lock me in a room w/ a half dressed 10 for over a yr if youre not gonna give me the key to the belt

Even something simple could be cool - somewhere in each song, there could be 10 seconds to hit a shot twice to collect a city.

Cities collected make super jackpots bigger and bigger.

So many ways to incorporate them in a fun way.

#3159 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

New code will have some additional stuff added. Cities will do something, but I'm not sure I would be too excited about it as I feel KISS has been a letdown in the code department.

Stop posting unfounded rumours

#3160 1 year ago
Quoted from Wakky:

I talked to Gomez about it and he said they are probably going to code something for the cities. It is a free speech site and we can post what we want. It's not unfounded.

#3161 1 year ago
Quoted from Wakky:

We could post "stay tuned" every couple of days ....

rd

#3162 1 year ago

Lets hope one of these days .......

C8p0Ge_UQAAD80u (resized).jpg

#3163 1 year ago

Well, after just over a year of trouble-free LE ownership, my Demon Lock has stopped working. It registers the lock but just spits the ball out of the head and then goes into ball search on Demon multiball.
Strangely, the first symptom seemed be the arrival of SDTMs, which never happened before.

Anyway, this can only be good news for the rest of you - as knowing my luck, the new code is bound to drop now!

#3164 1 year ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Well, after just over a year of trouble-free LE ownership, my Demon Lock has stopped working. It registers the lock but just spits the ball out of the head and then goes into ball search on Demon multiball.
Strangely, the first symptom seemed be the arrival of SDTMs, which never happened before.
Anyway, this can only be good news for the rest of you - as knowing my luck, the new code is bound to drop now!

Check the opto switches as mentioned in a previous post, then check the little mechanical switch at the VUK.

rd

#3165 1 year ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

If you're replacing one opto I would just go ahead and replace both. They break all the time on this game. The optos only register the shot not the lock. Sounds like the switch under the VUK isnt registering everytime it goes in there. I would check this first because you can remove it from under the playfield very easily. I had this problem. The sleave was caught so the popup mechanism was a little bit raised, therefore the ball wasnt always hitting the switch. Could also be the pin on the metal popup has come out just enough to get caught on the playfield and isnt fully going down. Fixing the switch is waaaayyyy easier than replacing the optos.

#3166 1 year ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

If you're replacing one opto I would just go ahead and replace both. They break all the time on this game. The optos only register the shot not the lock.

I dunno if that's generally true. I have a KISS LE at home and maintain a KISS Premium on location and neither has had a single failed opto since release.

#3167 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

I dunno if that's generally true. I have a KISS LE at home and maintain a KISS Premium on location and neither has had a single failed opto since release.

I've never had a failed Stern opto.

Usually just bad connections.

rd

#3168 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

I am suggesting this because when I replaced mine I had to take apart most of the plastics on the right side. It took a couple of hours to take apart and put back together. A replacement is cheap. Might as well order two (shipping costs almost as much as the part) and replace both while its torn apart. If you go through this thread you will find at least twenty people that had the same problem. My time is valuable. With nine pins I need to pick and choose wisely what pin project to tackle next. Might as well mitigate risk is all Im suggesting.

#3169 1 year ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

I am suggesting this because when I replaced mine I had to take apart most of the plastics on the right side. It took a couple of hours to take apart and put back together. A replacement is cheap. Might as well order two (shipping costs almost as much as the part) and replace both while its torn apart. If you go through this thread you will find at least twenty people that had the same problem. My time is valuable. With nine pins I need to pick and choose wisely what pin project to tackle next. Might as well mitigate risk is all Im suggesting.

But were the optos bad or just broken connections/assembled wrong at the factory? I'm not going through 60 pages again, but I've kept up as this thread grew and I don't recall 20 people with KISS opto problems where the optos were actually bad.

#3170 1 year ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

Well if you want to mitigate risk and save yourself make sure you protect that star child plastic from cracking, Taking apart that thing was more than a few hours.

#3171 1 year ago

Well just sold the KISS pro at Marvin's Mechanical Museum today so I suspect the code will come out this week . You all are welcome!

Seriously, I hope a good release does come out. The game did well on location and had a few regular players that really liked it.

#3172 1 year ago

Thanks for all the tips guys - apologies for derailing the code thread.
This will be my first maintenance mission so slightly nervous!

One last question: No balls are reaching the Demon trough, all just come straight back from mouth.
In your opinions does that make a VUK issue more likely than opto? Or vice-versa?

#3173 1 year ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Thanks for all the tips guys - apologies for derailing the code thread.
This will be my first maintenance mission so slightly nervous!
One last question: No balls are reaching the Demon trough, all just come straight back from mouth.
In your opinions does that make a VUK issue more likely than opto? Or vice-versa?

There's an opto at the entrance to the demon head.
There's a regular switch that's part of the Demon Head VUK assembly
There's three optos in the head (one for each lock)

I'd put it into switch test mode, close the coin door (to enable the optos) then use something straight (or sort of straight, I used a 2 ft Ethernet patch cable that was handy) to interrupt the entrance to the demon head below Gene's tongue. Did that register? Yes? Move to next...

Lift playfield (making sure to catch balls fleeing the trough that still doesn't have a dirt-cheap-to-add trough ball catch like JJP) and check the traditional leaf switch that's part of the VUK assembly. Note that the coin door is closed and you can get a buzz from coils if you touch them, so be careful, and use plastic tools if possible. Does that switch (#42 - VUK on screen) register when depressed and cause the coil to kick? Yes? Move to next...

Put playfield back down. Roll one of the balls into the VUK while still in switch test mode. Does the switch on the VUK (#42 - VUK on screen) still register when the ball hits the switch? Yes? Move to next...

Feed your straight testing tool into Gene's mouth and keep going until you trigger all three lock optos. Did all three trigger?

If all those check out, it may just be settings are too hard (ball kicks up from VUK coil and bounces back down) or too soft (ball isn't hit hard enough by coil) for the VUK kickup into the head locks. Note that the Demon Eject Power (KISS Feature Adjustment #8) and Demon Lockup (VUK) power (KISS Feature Adjustment #9) are BACKWARDS on the setting menu, so you may have been adjusting the wrong thing. Adjust Feature Adjustment #8 to make the VUK stronger or weaker and Feature Adjustment #9 to make Gene spit balls harder or softer. Hopefully Stern fixes this with their final KISS software update.

#3174 1 year ago

Brilliantly helpful, thanks vireland! Will try all that tonight.

#3175 1 year ago

Quick update:
Did the initial opto tests, no probs.
Lifted playfield, couldn't see any leaf switch on VUK. Manual says it's a rollover?
Anyway - disconnected and reconnected a few of the opto connecters under there.
Result seems to be everything's good again!
Thanks vireland and all.

Now - about that code update...

#3176 1 year ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Quick update:
Did the initial opto tests, no probs.
Lifted playfield, couldn't see any leaf switch on VUK. Manual says it's a rollover?
Anyway - disconnected and reconnected a few of the opto connecters under there.
Result seems to be everything's good again!
Thanks vireland and all.
Now - about that code update...

Glad it got worked out. The rollover switch for the VUK is hard to see since it's part of the coil assembly for the VUK. I've attached a couple pics showing where to find it for future reference.

switch-location (resized).jpg

IMG_2454 (resized).JPG

#3177 1 year ago

Thanks again fella!

#3178 1 year ago

These new cliffy ball trough protectors are essential for Stern games these days. Just fitted to my KISS.

I already had damage underneath but at least it won't get worse now.

IMG_1594 (resized).JPG

#3179 1 year ago

Comments posted today on Stern's FB page don't look good for incorporating the cities. LOL at the comment by Anthony!

#3180 1 year ago

June 30 - Stay tuned message...It's coming.

#3181 1 year ago

It would be nice if they incorporated the cities....so much potential to go for US/World Tour modes...could be really deep rule set.

At the very least they MUST add the call the call out "YOU WANTED THE BEST. YOU GOT THE BEST...."

Thanks to Thundergod I have it added for now along with the classic Bally Kiss sounds. Still digging it....played a few games and put up 368 mil...not my best but pretty good for me.

It's just a shame that In general Stern makes some fun pins but the way they manage code is complete garbage. I don't fault the coders. They work on what they are told to work on. If they were told to update Kiss code I am sure they would come up with some great additions...look what they have done with Metallica, AC/DC, and Star Trek. All great games. BM66 is a work in progress but needs so much help I don't think good code can make it "great". But they half assed that game anyway.....use an old design, slap some cool art on it, tweak a few things and there you have it. It's basically a reskin/retheme. No different than some of the homebrews that have been made over the last few years.

We may see an update for Kiss at some point but I don't think it will be this HUGE update we have been told. Stern has moved on to the next new game. And each new game is "Uncle Gary's" favorite game because it brings him more money. Money is the bottom line these days for Stern.

#3182 1 year ago

Well, they have just put the topper on FB so maybe, just maybe a nice update is coming.....

Press Enter to post.
Lou Torelli
Lou Torelli This should of been incorporated in the back glass like the original KISS Bally, and it would've been even better. IMO putting KISS over KISS looks odd.
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 1 · 13 hrs
Stern Pinball
Stern Pinball You can never have too much KISS.
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 4 · 12 hrs
View more replies
Stephen Keeler
Stephen Keeler Hoping to find out where the cities take us ?
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 4 · 11 hrs
View 2 more replies
Stern Pinball
Stern Pinball Cities theme your game. You will here Gene or Paul say the city name during your game.
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 1 · 9 hrs
Leon Moncla I can only imagine the amount of comments if this had said KISS Code instead of KISS interactive topper.
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 6 hr
James Davey Star wars game play videos please!!
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 10 hrs
Stern Pinball
Stern Pinball Stay Tuned!
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 9 hrs
Damien Clement Got it on my Kiss LE N088 and looks very great
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 2 · 12 hrs
Harry G Dounis My favorite Stern!!! Please keep up the support for this kickass table!!!
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 6 hrs
Anthony Delgado lol, woulda sold a ton of these if you updated the code.
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 9 hrs
Stephen Keeler Yeah it's sad such a great licence
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 1 · 9 hrs
Daniel Thuresson Got one of these and can't say that I regret it
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 1 · 10 hrs
Bruce Kretlow Love my Kiss topper!

#3183 1 year ago

Unfortunately Stern's FB page is a joke and you can't read much into what they post. They post random crap from past games from time to time. They ban and remove posts of legit questions or anything negative. I can't remember the last time I looked at their FB page to be honest.

Keep demanding code for all games....I know people are sick of hearing people bitch about it but gotta be loud for what you want sometimes.

Stern has just become pump and dump with each new title...and there seem to be no shortage of people lining up to buy. It's about the money for them. And they recognize the market has shifted to home buyers. Look at all the aftermarket mods they now sell....ops don't care about that stuff.

Enough about Stern....it's holiday weekend so time to relax and enjoy some cold beverages.

#3184 1 year ago

Exactly.

Seems like DI is selling very well, despite luke warm theme so Stern need to focus and do what they do best.

When they fully code games they can be awesome.

They can't afford to be blase.

#3185 1 year ago

Only played DI once so I need more time on it. Theme is horrible but it may be fun as hell....don't know yet.

As soon as someone else can step up and produce multiple titles in a year, and show they have high build quality, good code, and true Customer Service they can gain some market share from Stern. Right now Stern has better than 90% of the market.....Spooky runs are small. Hieghway and DP are unknowns at this point. American Pinball is working to bring their first title to production so we have no idea if they can produce quality games and how quickly. If JJP can start producing 2-3 titles a year they could gain a huge market share.

Until this happens expect little change from Stern. They will continue to pump and dump and thrive because they can deliver today what others take 2-3 years to do.

#3186 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Stern Pinball Cities theme your game. You will here Gene or Paul say the city name during your game.

But what if your city isn't one of the choices? It seems odd that this would be the only point of having cities with only a limited number available and most pins ending up in cities not in the list. Oh well, I'm enjoying mine for now and I'm not going to worry about a code update, if one comes we'll see what it contains.

#3187 1 year ago

Quite a few comments on Stern FB page all mentioning the promised update.

They haven't been deleted so maybe the update is coming...

#3188 1 year ago

'American Pinball is working to bring their first title to production'

Houdini looks great, but I fear it's another empty shell with 30% code that may or may not ever get finished? At least Kiss has a final wizard mode, unlike Hobbit, DI, Houdini, BM'66, GB, SW (likely). The shit list of uncompleted games is Piling up sky high and you praise Stern for churning out the most titles per year? Not good

#3189 1 year ago

This long wait for a Kiss code update sure is making me hungry....waffles anyone???

IMG_0278 (resized).JPG

#3190 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

This long wait for a Kiss code update sure is making me hungry....waffles anyone???

lol now THAT is cool. Where do I get one?

#3191 1 year ago

Was a Bday gift I got today. I must be the easiest person to find a gift for.

https://www.pangeabrands.com/collections/kiss

#3192 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Lol! That actually is kinda cool. But I'd rather have this any day.

IMAG0449 (resized).jpg

#3193 1 year ago

Yeah....the Paul, Ace, and Gene guitars are cool for sure. There is even a place you can send your guitar to and get the smoking mod like Ace.
http://www.smokemyguitar.com

#3194 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Yeah....the Paul, Ace, and Gene guitars are cool for sure. There is even a place you can send your guitar to and get the smoking mod like Ace.

Cool to play the smoking guitar around the Kiss LE when someone is doing well.

#3195 1 year ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Houdini looks great, but I fear it's another empty shell with 30% code that may or may not ever get finished?

A lot more than 30% done now (what has been at recent shows, was not the most current code and/or had some modes/features disabled), and even where it is now, it has more than enough depth and strategy for the majority of players. Regardless, the code will be finished.

#3197 1 year ago

Detroit ... Lopp city!

I was just playing the game and this tune popped into my head. I will never be able to unhear it now ..

rd

1 week later
#3198 1 year ago

Hope we don't get to this stage....

71WRpbdsG1L._AC_UL320_SR220,320_ (resized).jpg

#3199 1 year ago

Nah, it's coming. I'm confident within the next 30 - 60 days max. Stay Tuned!!! One of the greatest music pins will be born!!

#3200 1 year ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Nah, it's coming. I'm confident within the next 30 - 60 days max. Stay Tuned!!! One of the greatest music pins will be born!!

So you're saying we'll have the last KISS update before the next Batman '66 update?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pasadena, MD
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 150.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Machine - For Sale
Regina, SK
$ 50.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
$ 25.00
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
There are 4220 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside