F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 85.
#2801 7 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

So why do Distros want around 5500 for them now?

$5500 for Premium?

#2802 7 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

I don't buy that the cities were never intended to do anything- Rock City is the final wizard mode and has its own insert. With that said i really don't care that much if they are just pulled from the game. "As is" Kiss is a good game, with some setting tweaks i think its a great game, with a code update it could be a masterpiece. Regarding pricing- all the negative code talk killed additional production runs of Kiss. There will be limited supply of them on the secondary market which means they are going to hold their value well over time. My biggest wish is that Stern would just come out and tell us what their intentions are with the code. If its done- so be it.

Someone posted a while back that George told them that KISS is not being worked on. I'd consider it done.

#2803 7 years ago

My biggest wish is that Stern would just come out and tell us what their intentions are with the code. If its done- so be it.

It's like when the rollercoaster breaks down but they refuse to give you an estimate on how long it's gonna take to fix it. I mean what would they have to gain by locking themselves into anything?

#2804 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Someone posted a while back that George told them that KISS is not being worked on. I'd consider it done.

But that directly contradicts Gary, who said at TPF that an update IS coming. So is Gary lying or uninformed? I don't believe that. Maybe Gomez was trying to take some of the heat off by saying it wasn't coming, but it wasn't a good plan after Jody had said it WAS for months. Someone needs to give Stern a PR overhaul and make sure NO ONE talks about Stern except that office.

#2805 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But that directly contradicts Gary, who said at TPF that an update IS coming. So is Gary lying or uninformed? I don't believe that. Maybe Gomez was trying to take some of the heat off by saying it wasn't coming, but it wasn't a good plan after Jody had said it WAS for months. Someone needs to give Stern a PR overhaul and make sure NO ONE talks about Stern except that office.

I think it would save a lot of kiss owners screaming for code a lot of headache if they just assumed it's done and decide if they like the game enough to keep it. If not sell it. No big deal. Also I suggest next time you buy a game, buy a game for what the code is now, not what you hope it becomes, as there are no guarantees it gets any more attention.

You'll never be disappointed again.

#2806 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's like when the rollercoaster breaks down but they refuse to give you an estimate on how long it's gonna take to fix it. I mean what would they have to gain by locking themselves into anything?

The roller coaster though is typically down for maybe a few hours, not 6 months to 1 year. KISS owners have been waiting a year for a code update. That is ridiculous. This is pinball code we are talking about, not code for a secret government project. Stern can and should openly provide an update to owners.

#2807 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think it would save a lot of kiss owners screaming for code a lot of headache if they just assumed it's done and decide if they like the game enough to keep it. If not sell it. No big deal. Also I suggest next time you buy a game, buy a game for what the code is now, not what you hope it becomes, as there are no guarantees it gets any more attention.
You'll never be disappointed again.

If KISS never gets updated I'll still keep the LE I have. It's a fun game as-is, and easy for people to pick up and play. I'm way more put out about the Batman'66 situation and Stern's handling of the Game of Thrones orbit problem (rather than fix the problem, change the software to disable the orbit requirement and call it "as designed" - pfft!). If KISS gets another update to address the 15 or so known bugs and adds a little more game, it's all gravy at that point.

#2808 7 years ago

"As is" Kiss is a good game, with some setting tweaks i think its a great game, with a code update it could be a masterpiece

Herein lies the problem.

Everyone who buys an NIB these days expects it to be a "masterpiece"

You're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you go into buying a game with that mindset.

There have been 1000s of pinball titles made. How many are "masterpieces"?

A handful at best. If there are any. Games are what they are.

rd

#2809 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The roller coaster though is typically down for maybe a few hours, not 6 months to 1 year. KISS owners have been waiting a year for a code update. That is ridiculous. This is pinball code we are talking about, not code for a secret government project. Stern can and should openly provide an update to owners.

Again, not sure how that benefits them. This is a business not a morality play.

Say they are done, and people will bitch. Say an update is coming, they'll bitch even more if the deadline isn't met.

Say nothing? I'm sorry, but it's true, that's probably your path of least resistance when it comes to bitching. It's just the smart play.

#2810 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If KISS never gets updated I'll still keep the LE I have. It's a fun game as-is, and easy for people to pick up and play. I'm way more put out about the Batman'66 situation and Stern's handling of the Game of Thrones orbit problem (rather than fix the problem, change the software to disable the orbit requirement and call it "as designed" - pfft!). If KISS gets another update to address the 15 or so known bugs and adds a little more game, it's all gravy at that point.

If you have this many issues with stern I suggest just stop giving them your business. Lots of options out there other than them.

#2811 7 years ago

KISS will never be a Twilight Zone or a LOTR, but it's a helluva good shooter IMO. I love to wail on mine for some mindless fun.

The "Cities" as a mode never made sense to me anyway, and I think they are just that, a call out feature. As far as KISS is concerned there has only really been one city of any significance anyway and that is Detroit. Gene will even tell you that. They were the biggest fans and earliest supporters of the band on the road.

A way cooler mode to add would be a "Band Member Change" mode, or a "Substance Abuse" mode, or even a "What the hell can we put our name on, and market" mode

#2812 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you have this many issues with stern I suggest just stop giving them your business. Lots of options out there other than them.

No, there's not. For home/hobby? Yeah. But for a route operation with a need for reliable access to parts, there's JJP and Stern. And with the long-running Ubuntu bugs, even JJP is a bit iffy at this point. What would have happened if I recommended a Big Lebowski (as I almost did) to the OP I help? Up chocolate creek without a popsicle stick. If we GOT the machine, we're SOL on parts. But the alternative is we never get the machine at all, and he's out the money like all the other poor suckers that trusted DP. The boutique guys are moving things forward, but none of them are at a level that I'd take a chance recommending them for a route.

That said, AeroKISS remains un-purchased, and I may recommend sitting out Star Wars, too. Just take a breather from Sterns for a while and see what they clean up or what other disasters their cost cutting brings down. I'll play it by ear. But for the record, NO ONE is doing a great job at the moment, especially at these price levels.

#2813 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah. But for a route operation with a need for reliable access to parts, there's JJP and Stern.

Agreed. I haven't met one Operator that cares about the things you mentioned in your previous post.

#2814 7 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

A way cooler mode to add would be a "Band Member Change" mode, or a "Substance Abuse" mode, or even a "What the hell can we put our name on, and market" mode

I suggested this way back at the start, surprising it didn't get more traction.

- Black Ace in Phantom of the Park mode: when Ace leaves the set to get more drugs, get the black dude to substitute in the movie, nobody will notice

- Where's Criss at? mode

- Ace and Peter dress up as Nazis mode

- The "revenge era was the best KISS era" mode ... defend yourself from beatings from the old dudes who think Ace and Peter are gods gift

I could go on for days ....

rd

#2815 7 years ago

Here's the thing, if the cities are meant for callouts...then why isn't this coded yet? Seriously, how hard is it to code a call out???

Game was announced May 2015.

Let's not forget, last year before the code was released, we were told they were revamping the code.

#2816 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Here's the thing, if the cities are meant for callouts...then why isn't this coded yet? Seriously, how hard is it to code a call out???
Game was announced May 2015.
Let's not forget, last year before the code was released, we were told they were revamping the code.

What do you mean? I've heard city-specific callouts based on the city I choose. Just heard Los Angeles a couple times last night, in fact. It's not frequent, but the cities are already called out in the current code.

#2817 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I suggested this way back at the start, surprising it didn't get more traction.
- Black Ace in Phantom of the Park mode: when Ace leaves the set to get more drugs, get the black dude to substitute in the movie, nobody will notice
- Where's Criss at? mode
- The "revenge era was the best KISS era" mode ... defend yourself from beatings from the old dudes who think Ace and Peter are gods gift
I could go on for days ....
rd

Not many of us will get those all.

Ace told us where he went during that day of filming. He want to some museum with an Egyptian display and hallucinated that he was a Pharaoh of old.

How about these?

Guess which song Gene's guitar tech played in the session on each album?
Take a tour of Gene's polaroid collection
Ride with VV and Paul as they get into a fistfight back stage
Hit the lighted targets to get an Ace quote from the Tom Synder show and we can watch Gene getting pissed off by the minute
Open up the mystery of The Elder (best album IMO)

#2818 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Don't forget to throw Paul under the bus too. He was in on the fun and games...

kissnazi (resized).jpgkissnazi (resized).jpg

#2819 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What do you mean? I've heard city-specific callouts based on the city I choose. Just heard Los Angeles a couple times last night, in fact. It's not frequent, but the cities are already called out in the current code.

I've yet to hear a city specific call out.

I don't remember it being listed on the update readme file.

#2820 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I usually hear the city callouts during or after selecting a new song.

#2821 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Ride with VV and Paul as they get into a fistfight back stage

- watch Gene and Paul fume stage side as VV does a 30 minute long solo break in front of his friends and family on the Creatures tour ...

rd

#2822 7 years ago

Dupe

#2823 7 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Due to poor Administration and overzealousness in protecing their commercial interests, their userbase participation rate diversity level has been stagnating for a number of years which would go a long way to explaining the limited technical abilities on display.
Most people with any type of long term experience in pinball in Australia either aren't members there or if they are won't contribute publicly for the reasons explained as above.
Or they simply post to forums like pinside where the diversified userbase and knowledge levels are superior.

Well said mate guess thats why they call themselves Backyarders...guess that says it all ! Hello Travis hope your taking note aka mr Arcade King King of the amateurs lol ..
Kiss as it stands is a great game in my opinion but an update is definitely needed....

#2824 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

- watch Gene and Paul fume stage side as VV does a 30 minute long solo break in front of his friends and family on the Creatures tour ...
rd

"....in front of his friends and family who he happened to have tag along on Gene and Paul's dime."

#2825 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

"....in front of his friends and family who he happened to have tag along on Gene and Paul's dime."

Exactly.

Next minute he has a deep freeze full of dead cats.

Strange indeed ....

rd

#2826 7 years ago

No code today... It's coming!

#2827 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Except George didn't say that. He said they "have to find a way to make it happen..." Everyone interpreted that as, "It's not being worked on currently."

George also said at Texas, "It's coming."

And in the John's Arcade" video blah blah blah.

Soon.

Not today.

#2828 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Also, the callout isn't always the full city name, last night it called out "LA" instead of saying "Los Angeles". The city calls are definitely in there and active, but that's all they really do.

#2829 7 years ago

NEW ORRRLEANS We gunnna ROCK TONIGHT!!!

#2830 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Exactly.
Next minute he has a deep freeze full of dead cats.
Strange indeed ....
rd

But he managed to release two killer guitar albums right in the middle.

What a waste of talent.

#2831 7 years ago

No code today... Tomorrow!!!!

#2832 7 years ago

Why don't Stern just hire another coder? Look how well MET has continued to sell since the code got turned into greatness by Lyman, surely any additional outlay for another coder would easily pay for itself.

#2833 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Why don't Stern just hire another coder? Look how well MET has continued to sell since the code got turned into greatness by Lyman, surely any additional outlay for another coder would easily pay for itself.

Because it just doesn't work like that. Lyman is Lyman and he's got a step up above the other guys! His coding is sublime. He's got stuff upfront for the newbies, there's stuff in the middle for the intermediate player and more stuffing well in the back for the expert! Keith's coding is mainly more in the back for the higher intermediate/expert player (see WOZ, Hobbit, LOTR). Lonnie's games are solid but nothing spectacular. So it's more of a we need to clone Lyman! Not saying that Keith and Lonnie and co are rubbish its that the rules aren't as thought out as Lymans

#2834 7 years ago

Off topic but, does anyone know where John Borg's signature is on the playfield of the LE? It's so busy I haven't been able to find it yet.

#2835 7 years ago
Quoted from Tempest:

Off topic but, does anyone know where John Borg's signature is on the playfield of the LE? It's so busy I haven't been able to find it yet.

Left outlane.

#2836 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Left outlane.

Yep. Below the plastic in the black space between the flames.

#2837 7 years ago

This may not get us a code update today.....but did you know Gene Simmons fathered James Franco?

#2838 7 years ago

We may have a better chance of getting James Franco to finish the code for Kiss than waiting on Stern.

It would just be nice to get the whatever final touches they gonna do done....then we can start the request for color DMD

#2839 7 years ago

When it comes to Kiss code we got robbed!

#2840 7 years ago

Is it here YET?

#2841 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Is it here YET?

Stay tuned !

#2842 7 years ago

When it comes to Kiss code...

IMG_0065 (resized).JPGIMG_0065 (resized).JPG

#2843 7 years ago

I've been told its most likely not going to happen by someone that would know. I have no reason to doubt this person, but hope they are wrong. If true, it really really stinks for all you kiss owners.

#2844 7 years ago

The sad thing is it really just needs a little clean up to fix a few bugs....tons more that could be done but a final polish would go a long way. The animations need to be cleaned up as well.

Then we can start hoping for color DMD....I trust Color DMD could figure something out and make it happen down the road.

#2845 7 years ago

maybe this is an option. make a contest with the winner has an opportunity to work for stern as a coder. put the code out there. let the user base come up with something amazing. the winner gets a job and the community wins too.

Code modding for PC games has been around a long time. It time to catch up on the times and get this to happen.

#2846 7 years ago

Friday is the 1 year mark since the last code, maybe we get one that day.

#2847 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Friday is the 1 year mark since the last code, maybe we get one that day.

Thanks a lot Lonnie.

#2848 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Thanks a lot Lonnie.

Don't blame Lonnie, blame Gary and Gomez.

#2849 7 years ago

My Intel is a code update coming in...
2 Weeks!

#2850 7 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

My Intel is a code update coming in...
2 Weeks!

Don't even bother. Nobody will believe anything until it is officially released. KISS customers have been getting burned so long now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/57?hl=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.