F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 85.
#2751 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It was also said AC/DC was going to get a final update.
Also that TWD is getting one more update.
Obviously these games are great but that final polish, especially as it has been hinted, just give more confidence in Stern going forward.
KISS will probably get a final update but don't think it's going to be a big one anymore.

I hope your not meaning polish ? Eg a soft rag and a can of Mr Sheen spray ? Surely an update doesnt mean a clean of a pinball playfield ?
Might go grab a Fourex and relax.. I can feel a fourex comin on big time !

#2752 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

I hope your not meaning polish ? Eg a soft rag and a can of Mr Sheen spray ? Surely an update doesnt mean a clean of a pinball playfield ?
Might go grab a Fourex and relax.. I can feel a fourex comin on big time !

I'm Australian and even I don't know what the hell you're on about....Shapeshifter on the other hand. Made perfect sense.

#2753 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not trolling. I think Stern is doing a fine job and nobody else has come anywhere close to accomplishing what they are doing. This always gets lost in the complaints about code. As far as KISS, that game is far more "complete" than any of you want to admit. They should just get rid of the city choices and call it a day.

try selling a kiss right now. a kiss le wouldnt fetch more than a wwe le.
everyone knows code is weak. like i have promised, no more new sterns for me until this code updated. i know stern doesnt care and really i dont either.
thats the best a big company like stern can do? i would tell gary and gomez to go fuck themselves if i ever saw them in person this has me so pissed.

#2754 7 years ago

It's not coming soon, but it is on the list.

I think Lonnie is on Aerosmith and then maybe he finishes off Kiss.

Stern said it will happen. It's just not going to happen soon.

#2755 7 years ago

I have a friend locally that wants a KISS Premium or LE and will be his only game.

I keep telling Him to wait and make sure they do code right.

He thinks I'm BS'ing Him about not being done yet as He's not a pinhead...LOL

It is hard to understand how code could be so incomplete for that long!

#2756 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It's not coming soon, but it is on the list.
Stern said it will happen. It's just not going to happen soon.

Talking bs or do you know that as fact ?

#2757 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I'm Australian and even I don't know what the hell you're on about....Shapeshifter on the other hand. Made perfect sense.

Thats because your on that idiotic aussie arcade forum ..full of backyarders who know jack s

Go Queenslanders ..we love our fourex !

#2758 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Talking bs or do you know that as fact ?

Fact.

#2759 7 years ago

The biggest problem the KISS code is that it's missing a purpose. There's no narrative. You're literally just playing to get multi-balls.

#2760 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Nope. On to IM!!

#2761 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The biggest problem the KISS code is that it's missing a purpose. There's no narrative. You're literally just playing to get multi-balls.

Don't you think it's pretty tough to come up with a narrative on a music based pin? What's the narrative on AC/DC, Aerosmith, or MET?

#2762 7 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

I have a friend locally that wants a KISS Premium or LE and will be his only game.

I would tell him to find one and play one and to assume the game will be this way forever. He could love it and still get one.

Lots of scoring bugs (huge ones), and missing callouts and animations left and right on GOT. That doesn't change the fact it's one of the best pins I've ever played and it will never leave. I played one, loved it, bought it. I have no hopes for any code updates because the game was worth owning as is. You'll save yourself a lot of headache if you do this in the future.

#2763 7 years ago

Hope not. This Borg metal band quadrupole needs Dwight. We had Lonnie twice, Lyman once, now we need Dwight to change it up.

#2764 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Hope not. This Borg metal band quadrupole needs Dwight. We had Lonnie twice, Lyman once, now we need Dwight to change it up.

I think that would be interesting. Or KME!

#2765 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would tell him to find one and play one and to assume the game will be this way forever. He could love it and still get one.
Lots of scoring bugs (huge ones), and missing callouts and animations left and right on GOT. That doesn't change the fact it's one of the best pins I've ever played and it will never leave. I played one, loved it, bought it. I have no hopes for any code updates because the game was worth owning as is. You'll save yourself a lot of headache if you do this in the future.

That's a good way to look at things and it makes sense if you like a game while the code is in abit of an infant state then buy it, if the code can only get better its then a bonus if/when it does.

BTW chuck what do you love so much about GOT? Reason I ask is I have still yet to get my hands on one so curious to know your thoughts, as I have been looking at Kiss & GOT.

#2766 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

BTW chuck what do you love so much about GOT?

The seemingly endless scoring strategies. Cannot really experience them until you own it. There is so many stacks, risk reward setups, etc. It's great. Its weak in the art department, but gameplay is fantastic. You might beat the iron throne way quicker than getting to Last man standing on TWD, but the stuff you can do on the way is great. People that are getting insanely high scores on GOT are pulling off some of the most satisfying setups and stacks in pinball imo. Once you understand how all the multipliers work and how to add them to cashing in modes and multiballs it becomes a long term keeper in my book.

Btw I am in no way saying that GOT holds a candle to TWD, but it's holds its own and then some.

#2767 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don't you think it's pretty tough to come up with a narrative on a music based pin? What's the narrative on AC/DC, Aerosmith, or MET?

I can't say. Never played Aerosmith, played Metallica and AC/DC just a few times.

I played Elvis a lot. There you had to go through his top 10 countdown.

#2768 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If they incorporated the cities you could do a tour idea/theme, so no i don't think it would be hard. Every band has stories and themes that run unique to that band that you could use to develop a story with. But it takes more time to develope that so I don't see Stern doing this especially givin their current coding practices.

#2769 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

try selling a kiss right now. a kiss le wouldnt fetch more than a wwe le.
everyone knows code is weak. l

Bullshit. I'd LOVE to buy a KISS LE - right now - for $5,000. I'd love to buy a pro for $4,000.

For all the pissing and moaning ain't nobody selling a KISS cheap.

Snap out of it bro. And while you are at it, send me a PM. I'll be happy to buy your KISS cheap. I'll send you a check and you can drop it off at Rock Fantasy for me.

#2770 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bullshit. I'd LOVE to buy a KISS LE - right now - for $5,000. I'd love to buy a pro for $4,000.
Snap out of it bro.

4900 for a Pro is the best I have noticed in the last few days.

#2771 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Best I've personally done deals in the high 5's for a Premium and $6050 for an LE, but prices have softened over the last year, so may be possible to negotiate lower.

Regardless of what people whine about here, it's a great "mindless fun" pin, and earns great on location. The LE cabinet is beautiful, too. You really have to see it in person to appreciate it.

Hard to see how you'd get hurt much buying in at this level.

#2772 7 years ago

4500 Pro on FB in CA.

#2773 7 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

4500 Pro on FB in CA.

I think most of us got Kiss for $4800 new. So $4500 is not much of a drop.

#2774 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Thats because your on that idiotic aussie arcade forum ..full of backyarders who know jack s

Please stay off our forum that'd be fantastic! Ps whenever I've needed help it's always been solved on there all the time! And it's you're on not your...

And this will be about the 5th time I've said it KISS is done! If it gets a code tweak and bug fix awesome if not you've got a great game!

It's not TWD code level but it's still fun the way it is! And if you're completing it every game then go buy a TWD to get that awesome code instead!

Quoted from sepins:

Dude the guy isn't a pin head he loves KISS! Let him buy the game and enjoy it for what it is and the fact he'll probably never notice any of the problems and probably never get even half way through the game! I'd buy one as it stand!

And last thing Xmen is a great game! Go buy yourself one of them

#2775 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'll find one to play locally and see for myself. Great idea!

#2776 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Snap out of it bro. And while you are at it, send me a PM. I'll be happy to buy your KISS cheap. I'll send you a check and you can drop it off at Rock Fantasy for me.

see what I mean, I have sell it cheap and even deliver the turd to get rid of it!

#2777 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I think most of us got Kiss for $4800 new. So $4500 is not much of a drop.

Just saying what is out there.

#2778 7 years ago

I bought my NIB KISS LE from JJ in February and love it. Looks awesome, plays great, NO BS PF issues. Everything worked out of the box. At what I paid I have zero resale fears. Now I just wish my MET was a 2015...

#2779 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I bought my NIB KISS LE from JJ in February and love it. Looks awesome, plays great, NO BS PF issues. Everything worked out of the box. At what I paid I have zero resale fears. Now I just wish my MET was a 2015...

You got a great deal.

JJ is a great distributor.

#2780 7 years ago

Yup. JJ is solid. Game Exchange currently is advertising NIB KISS LEs for $6995.

https://gameexchange.biz/collections/pinball-machines?page=2

#2781 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

I think I'm on every pinball forum known to man. Lol.

*chugs a VB*

#2782 7 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Please stay off our forum that'd be fantastic! Ps whenever I've needed help it's always been solved on there all the time! And it's you're on not your...

Don't go near there its got a very bad reputation in the arcade industry and amongst peers... Problems solved? Your just lucky nothing technical as they have no clue ...Seen heaps of guys get burnt and I have to fix up dodgy repairs from over there with the bad advice - Fact
Your not an English teacher aren't not you? Lol
Kiss code coming soon ! Stay tuned !

#2783 7 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I'd buy one as it stand!

Bad grammar ? As it STAND? AA mentality lol... (lol put so not to sound offensive as we want no cry babies lol )

#2784 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I think I'm on every pinball forum known to man. Lol.
*chugs a VB*

Amusing.. A Queenslander by the name of Greg Doolan wrote the Vb advert in the 1980s.. Greg always joked that he was wearing a Fourex shirt in the studio whilst recording that advert and they all downed Fourex in the studio when finished recording that jingle

#2785 7 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Yup. JJ is solid. Game Exchange currently is advertising NIB KISS LEs for $6995.
https://gameexchange.biz/collections/pinball-machines?page=2

JJ is the best hands down. Great service and very patient with questions and inquiries with a fast turn around to have questions answered!

#2786 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Amusing.. A Queenslander by the name of Greg Doolan wrote the Vb advert in the 1980s.. Greg always joked that he was wearing a Fourex shirt in the studio whilst recording that advert and they all downed Fourex in the studio when finished recording that jingle

Lol. Will take your word for it, John. May even buy a carton on your expert recommendation.

#2787 7 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

You're doing your friend a disservice in my opinion. Tell him to go play and make up his own mind. The game shoots great. It's a great Borg design. The rules are not GOT deep. I think it's freaking a blast and everyone that comes over and plays it loves it.

Here's the deal that a vocal minority on this forum don't seem to get. Newsflash, not all games are designed for you.

#2788 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Lol. Will take your word for it, John. May even buy a carton on your expert recommendation.

Ah cool
Nah dont drink myself though.
Anyway its true about Greg as he mentioned this at his many shows and on tv a while back.....sadly he passed away a few weeks ago

#2789 7 years ago

Let's be real. The current code is not bad. It just needs a few big fixes and lets integrate the cities with a US tour/ world tour mode. Real simple. No need for a big overhaul. But please add in the call out "you wanted the best. You got the best..." The game deserves that at least. It's a staple of EVERY Kiss concert for crying out loud.

I am just an average player but played 3 games today and hit 300 mil on my first game. Not my GC score but a good game. Have been close to Rock City several times so gonna get there eventually. If I am that close to getting to the final wizard mode maybe it does need to be deeper. Maybe adding tour modes could add that extra depth. The only reason I say that is compared to Metallica you have to complete 4 CIU's to get to EOTL . The only complaint is why put something in a game if they are not gonna add rules for it.

But just to be clear I enjoy Kiss so anyone that thinks I am one of these whiney MFrs you are wrong. A couple simple things is really all it needs

Anyone on the fence on buying one needs to just play it. If you like it get it. If you are waiting on a final code update it may not be the game for you.

#2790 7 years ago

Game play is very good. Layout is awesome. The playfield art is beautiful. It just needs some more integration, bug fixes, songs.. It needs
a nice cleaning up like ACDC needed years ago. Once complete, this game will be awesome!

#2791 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Let's be real. The current code is not bad. It just needs a few big fixes and lets integrate the cities with a US tour/ world tour mode. Real simple.

I disagree. Not only does it do very little to incorporate the brand, it just isn't any fun.

#2792 7 years ago

the animations are not very good also. game itself looks awesome but still needs fine tuning.

to me kiss pinball is like the hottest chick I ever been with, but was lousy in bed.

you know what I mean?

#2793 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Don't go near there its got a very bad reputation in the arcade industry and amongst peers... Problems solved? Your just lucky nothing technical as they have no clue ...Seen heaps of guys get burnt and I have to fix up dodgy repairs from over there with the bad advice - Fact
Your not an English teacher aren't not you? Lol
Kiss code coming soon ! Stay tuned !

Due to poor Administration and overzealousness in protecing their commercial interests, their userbase participation rate diversity level has been stagnating for a number of years which would go a long way to explaining the limited technical abilities on display.

Most people with any type of long term experience in pinball in Australia either aren't members there or if they are won't contribute publicly for the reasons explained as above.

Or they simply post to forums like pinside where the diversified userbase and knowledge levels are superior.

#2794 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Let's be real. The current code is not bad. It just needs a few big fixes and lets integrate the cities with a US tour/ world tour mode. Real simple

I haven't seen it reported anywhere ... which is surprising ... but at the Stern TPF seminar, GG was asked about the KISS code update.

He said it was coming (or words to that effect) and then went out of his way to bring up the Cities and how the forums thought they were unfinished code.

He stressed that the Cities were only ever supposed to be "personalisation" for a player (ie change the call outs WELCOME CHICAGO! Etc) and were never going to do anything but that. Which is what I said months ago.

Just another case of the internet grabbing an idea and running with it, I guess. Which has ultimately damaged the reputation of an otherwise solid enough game, and hit each of you in the pocket of you want to sell the game.

rd

#2795 7 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

4500 Pro on FB in CA.

So basically what the original owner paid for it brand new.

There was a time when people expected to lose $500-1000 for opening the box on a NIB game. Obviously KISS is holding its value and the "Kiss Kode Sucks Selloff" is just a figment of the pinmagination.

#2796 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There was a time when people expected to lose $500-1000 for opening the box on a NIB game. Obviously KISS is holding its value and the "Kiss Kode Sucks Selloff" is just a figment of the pinmagination.

Knowing a HUO kiss is likely to have rarely been played and has had any NIB issues dialed in helps...The promise of a 'major code update' also plays a role I think.

You seem to take all of this very personally...

Whats gives?

#2797 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Which has ultimately damaged the reputation of an otherwise solid enough game, and hit each of you in the pocket of you want to sell the game.
rd

Apparently not. It appears KISS is holding steady and in some cased appreciating nicely!

#2798 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Knowing a HUO kiss is likely to have rarely been played and has had any NIB issues dialed in helps...The promise of a 'major code update' also plays a role I think.
You seem to take all of this very personally...
Whats gives?

LOL

unlike the other 200 people in this thread who don't "take it seriously" (you'd think not turning cities into modes is somehow going to kill sick orphans).

I take this as seriously as I take everything else here. Again, isn't discussion the point of this place?

I think KISS is a fine game and it's complete and I don't understand the endless complaints. And I'd love to buy one, at the allegedly "cheap panic selloff price" i keep hearing about. So somebody hook a latent kisstard up!

LICK IT UP, LICK IT UP...it's only right now!

#2799 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So why do Distros want around 5500 for them now?

#2800 7 years ago

I don't buy that the cities were never intended to do anything- Rock City is the final wizard mode and has its own insert. With that said i really don't care that much if they are just pulled from the game. "As is" Kiss is a good game, with some setting tweaks i think its a great game, with a code update it could be a masterpiece. Regarding pricing- all the negative code talk killed additional production runs of Kiss. There will be limited supply of them on the secondary market which means they are going to hold their value well over time. My biggest wish is that Stern would just come out and tell us what their intentions are with the code. If its done- so be it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.75
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.