F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 85.
#2651 7 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

People still ask for KISS code on Facebook without getting banned...you just can't be a dick about it. I suggest people keep the pressure on. When there is a code update or announcement about another product then make a post saying "Heh, that's awesome Stern. Looking forward to the KISS code update as well! When is it coming?"
I would also quit being a dick to Lonnie on here as well. I'm sure he and the other coders read pinside. I wouldn't want to finish the code when reading the little digs and insults that are hurled at the Stern coders not named Lyman, who probably have little influence on the coding priorities.

I should have said that comments on Facebook are either ignored or deleted now. I agree, it doesn't seem people are being banned anymore for just posing a polite question.

#2652 7 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

People still ask for KISS code on Facebook without getting banned...you just can't be a dick about it. I suggest people keep the pressure on. When there is a code update or announcement about another product then make a post saying "Heh, that's awesome Stern. Looking forward to the KISS code update as well! When is it coming?"
I would also quit being a dick to Lonnie on here as well. I'm sure he and the other coders read pinside. I wouldn't want to finish the code when reading the little digs and insults that are hurled at the Stern coders not named Lyman, who probably have little influence on the coding priorities.

Well said. And they 100% read this stuff.

#2653 7 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

You make the career you get. It's not one time, it's a pattern with Lonnie. As a buyer of VERY expensive Stern pins, how can you NOT take that into consideration now? These aren't $3000 LE's anymore where you can roll the dice.

If he doesn't like his reputation, he CAN change it. If Stern won't give him the time he needs, he can take it home to perfect it like Lyman has. It's not good, but if you have an abusive employer, you live within the system or quit.

#2654 7 years ago

As Bill Parcells would say...you are what your record says you are.

I can't imagine Aerosmith was hard to code...just use the code on KISS and adjust.

Look at the release schedule for GOT and Ghostbusters. Dwight has delivered solid code on both.

KISS was May 2015 and Aerosmith January 2017. There's no reason KISS is in the state it's in.

#2655 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

As Bill Parcells would say...you are what your record says you are.
I can't imagine Aerosmith was hard to code...just use the code on KISS and adjust.
Look at the release schedule for GOT and Ghostbusters. Dwight has delivered solid code on both.
KISS was May 2015 and Aerosmith January 2017. There's no reason KISS is in the state it's in.

So what's actually wrong with the code? I played it last week at Pincade and throughly enjoyed it... And before I thought it was a shit fit and didn't like it...

#2656 7 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

So what's actually wrong with the code? I played it last week at Pincade and throughly enjoyed it... And before I thought it was a shit fit and didn't like it...

Just a bug or two, that's it. A few folks feel code is unfinished and garbage if Stern doesn't include every one of their ideas or make each game as "deep" as the "deepest" game they've made. Ironically, that would probably be AC/DC and people cal that unfinished too. Some of these same people rate Iron Man as one of the best games ever despite system 11-depth of code. Strange.

Stern: please fix the ball save out of the demon head during multiball (or at least turn of the ball save indicator if you're not going to save the SDTM ball).

#2657 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Where KISS stands right now it is right in line with those two games. For me, just like in GOT (not quite GB yet), I'd be fine if there were no more updates outside of bug fixes.

#2658 7 years ago

Its a fun and nice looking shooter with zizzle level code. There's nothing to it other than 'shoot here because points!'

There are no mini objectives, wizard mode is half baked, cities do nothing and there are a handful of bugs that need fixing.

#2659 7 years ago

KISS code is solid, just needs polished. Use the cities or get rid of them. Try to use the larger playfield icons which now do nothing. Fix the bugs and maybe some more/better dots. I think that's why people are bitching about the wait. We're not asking for much.

#2660 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Its a fun and nice looking shooter with zizzle level code. There's nothing to it other than 'shoot here because points!'
There are no mini objectives, wizard mode is half baked, cities do nothing and there are a handful of bugs that need fixing.

I agree that the wizard modes could be better!!! I also want to see cities do something more. I especially want the bugs fixed.

But... it is hardly "shoot here because points."

* 4 mini objectives: Starchild Multiball, Demon Multiball, Catman (collecting bumper inserts), and Spaceman (collecting instruments)
* 1 major objective in the Bonus Grid matrix
* 8 modes that are distinctly different from one another
* 3 wizard modes
* 5 multiplier rules that stack (combo, song shot, song playfield, demon playfield, backstage)
* Huge scores on a single shot (up to 60x)
* Progressive pop bumper values (which I believe may be unique to KISS with the RGB LEDs???)
* Settings that provide significant variations to the rules that you can explore

Plenty for the intermediate player to do. Just needs some polish.

#2661 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It's really hard not to pile on Lonnie when you look at how he left Star Trek and what's currently going on with KISS.

I am sure Lonnie himself did not "give up" on Star Trek, rather than his boss stopped allowing him time to work on it rather than new projects. Don't blame the code monkeys, blame management.

#2662 7 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I agree that the wizard modes could be better!!! I also want to see cities do something more. I especially want the bugs fixed.
* 4 mini objectives: Starchild Multiball, Demon Multiball, Catman (collecting bumper inserts), and Spaceman (collecting instruments)
* 3 wizard modes
* 5 multiplier rules that stack (combo, song shot, song playfield, demon playfield, backstage)
* Progressive pop bumper values (which I believe may be unique to KISS with the RGB LEDs???)
* Settings that provide significant variations to the rules that you can explore

I'm an intermediate player and the pin bores the hell out of me. Its 'follow this arrow because points!'

IMO, distinctly different doesn't mean 'different arrows light up in a different order' in each mode...

#2663 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I'm an intermediate player and the pin bores the hell out of me. Its 'follow this arrow because points!'
IMO, distinctly different doesn't mean 'different arrows light up in a different order' in each mode...

KISS is like chopping wood.

People say that about Transformers, but there are clear objectives in Transformers. KISS is all about points. I could've saved 5k and just bought an EM.

#2664 7 years ago

Well, according to Stern , the code update will be sometime between now and New Year's Eve. I asked on Facebook and they replied "in 2017".

#2665 7 years ago

There are also a couple mini challenges with certain backstage pass awards (fast scoring and deuce mode come to mind).

Quoted from konjurer:

* 3 wizard modes

#2666 7 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Just a bug or two, that's it. A few folks feel code is unfinished and garbage if Stern doesn't include every one of their ideas or make each game as "deep" as the "deepest" game they've made. Ironically, that would probably be AC/DC and people cal that unfinished too. Some of these same people rate Iron Man as one of the best games ever despite system 11-depth of code. Strange.
Stern: please fix the ball save out of the demon head during multiball (or at least turn of the ball save indicator if you're not going to save the SDTM ball).

That's what I kind of thought too.. Maybe those people should buy a Metallica and swap out the songs for KISS songs... Oh and those MetallicA songs do squat too...

#2667 7 years ago

That's what I kind of thought too.. Maybe those people should buy a Metallica and swap out the songs for KISS songs... Oh and those MetallicA songs do squat too...

MET should have maybe had an option to choose a new song when you complete a CIU mode.

Rob

#2668 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

KISS code is solid, just needs polished. Use the cities or get rid of them. Try to use the larger playfield icons which now do nothing. Fix the bugs and maybe some more/better dots. I think that's why people are bitching about the wait. We're not asking for much.

Why do you yanks keep saying the word polish??

#2669 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

I guess it's just a word we use in place of "refined" sometimes. Hahaha.. I never thought about it until you mentioned it.

#2670 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Polish as they need to make it better.

#2671 7 years ago

WTB Kiss Pro or Premium. When the code update finally comes out, it will only let you down.

#2672 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

People say that about Transformers, but there are clear objectives in Transformers. KISS is all about points. I could've saved 5k and just bought an EM.

Kiss is not like chopping wood. Metallica is like chopping wood. In Kiss you can complete a song and move to the next one. In Metallica you have to bash at Coffin, bash at Sparky, bash at the Grave drop targets, bash at the Snake over and over. That's chopping wood. And you gotta you got

In Kiss there is more to complete than just songs. All the people that say Kiss needs more I would like to know how many of them have gotten to HOF, Kiss Army, and Rock City and if they do it consistently....I seriously doubt it. How many people can complete 6 or more songs consistently let alone 3 or 4.

Now there is some polish, and clean up of the code/ rules that should be done for sure. The animations could use some clean up as well.

Bottom line is we like different things. Kiss is not for everyone and no amount of code is gonna fix that. But there are plenty that want to like it and feel with a few tweaks they may enjoy it more. That's with a lot of games.

#2673 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Kiss is not like chopping wood. Metallica is like chopping wood. In Kiss you can complete a song and move to the next one. In Metallica you have to bash at Coffin, bash at Sparky, bash at the Grave drop targets, bash at the Snake over and over. That's chopping wood. And you gotta you got
In Kiss there is more to complete than just songs. All the people that say Kiss needs more I would like to know how many of them have gotten to HOF, Kiss Army, and Rock City and if they do it consistently....I seriously doubt it. How many people can complete 6 or more songs consistently let alone 3 or 4.
Now there is some polish, and clean up of the code/ rules that should be done for sure. The animations could use some clean up as well.
Bottom line is we like different things. Kiss is not for everyone and no amount of code is gonna fix that. But there are plenty that want to like it and feel with a few tweaks they may enjoy it more. That's with a lot of games.

I want to love this game. I felt Borg and O'Connor hit it out of the park. Current KISS code reminds me of Star Trek code before Dwight took over.

#2674 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Now there is some polish, and clean up of the code/ rules that should be done for sure.

Theres that word Polish again.... is there a problem with the Earths gravitational pull ?

#2675 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Theres that word Polish again.... is there a problem with the Earths gravitational pull ?

Whoah, now if Kiss code dropped that would be heavy and then I could understand your concern about the Earth's gravitational pull.

To polish means to clean up and shine....that's really all people are asking for is to fix a few bugs and a couple features to make it "Complete". That's all we mean by polish.

You want to really confuse people learn Cockney Rhyming slang.

#2676 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

thats why

nail meme 6 (resized).jpgnail meme 6 (resized).jpg

#2677 7 years ago

it (the code) needs to he finished because thats what i paid for.
stop making excuses. please.
myself and many people i know arent buying another stern till this code gets finished. i really couldnt care less, played bm66 and its meh, played aerosmith and it better but no excitement for any of these. i am saving a ton of money might get a a vette instead.

#2678 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

an abusive employer,

Gary????

Quoted from robotron:

myself and many people i know arent buying another stern till this code gets finished

This statement is valid for the last 10 years.And still valid today.Yet pinheads keep buying....and keep making excuses.

#2679 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

They are not taking about the Pols as in Polish people from Poland. It's polish (pah-lish) as in once cleaned polish to a shine.

#2680 7 years ago

Was playing kiss in a tournament last night and considering new strategy. If I'm trapped up and hit the center ramp and combo that into a lit mode shot, is said mode shot worth double? How long is it doubled? Just a next switch hit kind of thing?

#2681 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Was playing kiss in a tournament last night and considering new strategy. If I'm trapped up and hit the center ramp and combo that into a lit mode shot, is said mode shot worth double? How long is it doubled? Just a next switch hit kind of thing?

Yes, 2nd shots on combos are doubled; combo timer in effect so 3-5 seconds or whatever. Bowen's tutorial explains this strategy pretty well.

#2682 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Yes, 2nd shots on combos are doubled; combo timer in effect so 3-5 seconds or whatever. Bowen's tutorial explains this strategy pretty well.

Cool I'll check it out. I'm sick of bricking the star child shot. Haha

#2683 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I agree with everything except the claim that MET is like chopping wood. The coffin is the only thing you have to bash multiple times to get to a CIU (7 or 8 times if you use the inlane double hits). The other items you only need to hit 2 or 3 times to get a few inserts lit on the spider lanes. I wouldn't call hitting Sparky or the snake 3 times each bashing or chopping wood.

#2684 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I agree with everything except the claim that MET is like chopping wood. The coffin is the only thing you have to bash multiple times to get to a CIU (7 or 8 times if you use the inlane double hits). The other items you only need to hit 2 or 3 times to get a few inserts lit on the spider lanes. I wouldn't call hitting Sparky or the snake 3 times each bashing.

If you are going for CIU I agree but not if you are going for the multiballs. 10 hits to Sparky for the first MB. Snake you have to hit 10 times then lock it again. Coffin takes a lot of shots to lock all 3 balls. Cross takes the least hits but has the most risk of draining usually for me. Stacking of the multiballs is great but once you complete them you are back to "chopping wood" to do it all again. It's quite a workout when you have a monster game going.

#2685 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

If you are going for CIU I agree but not if you are going for the multiballs. 10 hits to Sparky for the first MB. Snake you have to hit 10 times then lock it again. Coffin takes a lot of shots to lock all 3 balls. Cross takes the least hits but has the most risk of draining usually for me. Stacking of the multiballs is great but once you complete them you are back to "chopping wood" to do it all again. It's quite a workout when you have a monster game going.

I never "go for" multiballs. I think that's more of a tournament strategy? I love the rules for reaching CIU's, so that's whatI always go for. Graveyard MB happens for me because I'm hitting the crosses to collect inserts.

My focus on KISS is always finishing songs to get the playfield multipliers. If I have a playfield multiplier going, I see what's left of the grid to complete.

Thinking about the cities...if there were a separate objective to acheive during a song mode in order to complete a city, how could the playfield inform that a city is complete? Call-outs would be easy to inform, but without city inserts, there would be nothing visual other than the display.

It would be cool to have objectives like x-number of switch hits for NY, for example, x-number of pop hits for Portland, x-number of spinner hits for Chicago, etc, but only advance to the next city when one is finished. Completing the "World Tour" could be another wizard mode.

#2686 7 years ago

I agree with Sparky that they could and should add some rules for the cities. At the start of the game allow you to choose US tour or World tour perhaps. There are a number of shots/combos needed to complete a city. Since there is no insert to easily tie this into a call out and simple animation would be enough to alert a player that a city is complete and each city could have a different shot to collect a city completion bonus or jackpot and once you make that shot the game automatically advances to next city. It would certainly add depth for people wanting another layer of rules/strategy for the game.

#2687 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

it (the code) needs to he finished because thats what i paid for.
stop making excuses. please.
myself and many people i know arent buying another stern till this code gets finished. i really couldnt care less, played bm66 and its meh, played aerosmith and it better but no excitement for any of these. i am saving a ton of money might get a a vette instead.

I think it's time for you to sell up then because this game from what I cans we is pretty much complete! There might need to be some polish but that is it! Stop looking for the game to be MET or TWD and think about where the game is currently at and enjoy it! It's basically done! And it's fun!

#2688 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Kiss is light years ahead of Transformers.

WWE needs an update worse than Kiss. Lots of scoring bugs

I can't comment about Aerosmith or Batman66 because I have never played them and don't plan to order one until the code is flushed out.

#2689 7 years ago

It's basically done! And it's fun!

Amen Brother! I love it and have absolutely no regrets buying it NIB. I'd love a code update but there are still a lot of challenge to it and I usually have an epic game every night. I'm very fortunate to have a lot of newer Sterns on location close by and I think the only game I like as much as KISS is ST.

#2690 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

myself and many people i know arent buying another stern till this code gets finished.

Stern can't keep up with demand. You need to recruit more friends into your boycott.

#2691 7 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Stern can't keep up with demand. You need to recruit more friends into your boycott.

idgaf my money is safe.

#2692 7 years ago

not sure how Lonnie works, but as said already :

if you're an "advanced" player
and/or you have some skills at coding (or just some logic on how things are working/linked with all others)

than you have this feeling that all codes from Lonnie are just more than similar games after games

of course we could say its just logical, as its the way he's coding with his personnal touch
but in fact i have the feeling that he's using an old "base code" including the features he likes (linear modes, add a ball in mystery if in multiball, main lanes/shoots going to be lit to X2, super bumpers, super pops, super spinner, hurry up/fast scoring, and so on), and he's just adapating this to the last game he's working on ... !?

mainwhile, i'm not saying its bad, as its working with lots of game/theme
but for sure with him i'm missing some surprise or new idea, a bit as the "play or wait multiball" introduced in Mustang, also now available in AS

#2693 7 years ago

Yeah, hope he gets fired up to do some different things.......

ropp (resized).jpgropp (resized).jpg

#2694 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Yeah, hope he gets fired up to do some different things.......

How old is that picture?

lonnie (resized).jpglonnie (resized).jpg

#2695 7 years ago

Hey..... 03/17/2017 - St Patty's day! Where's the Kiss Code?

#2696 7 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Hey..... 03/17/2017 - St Patty's day! Where's the Kiss Code?

Are we on 11 months now since the last update?

#2697 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Are we on 11 months now since the last update?

Last update was on 4/21. 35 days till it's been a whole year. I'm sure the update must be coming soon. Stern wouldn't say an update was coming if it wasn't. If they did that would be a really stupid move.

#2698 7 years ago

Man - look at this circle jerk going on over here. I give it one year until they are in the same boat as the Kiss owners. This is why we don't get timely updates. "Ohhh it's different this time" PSSSSHHHH... yeah right!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-big-review-surprise-of-year

#2699 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Man - look at this circle jerk going on over here. I give it one year until they are in the same boat as the Kiss owners. This is why we don't get timely updates. "Ohhh it's different this time" PSSSSHHHH... yeah right!

You heard it here...Batman will be done before KISS and/or Aerosmith.

#2700 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I don't think so. AS seems far more complete than KISS was at launch.

Rob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wentzville, MO
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.