F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 85.
#2551 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Where did you order it from? Have a pic?

Hello, here a pic and a pic of my "Non-Stern-Topper-but-for-10%-price-of-this"
You find the translite in ebay USA (nearby for you, far far away for me) and you find the Topper in amazon, made by McFarlane.

_1204861 (resized).JPG_1204861 (resized).JPG

_1204860 (resized).JPG_1204860 (resized).JPG

#2552 7 years ago
Quoted from Tempest:

Soon to add LE #50 to the mix.

And the Devil sat in the passenger's side
Of Delorean's automobile
He said, "Hey Frehley, Frehley let's not be silly
There's a life out there to steal"

#2553 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Of Delorean's automobile

Great album.

Into the Night and Fractured Two are some of his best.

#2554 7 years ago

Stay tuned!

#2555 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Great album.
Into the Night and Fractured Two are some of his best.

Live + 1, Words are not enough.

Should have been on that 1st F.C. album, would have been a hit.

#2556 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I'm a HUGE Ace/KISS fan. Joined the site initially looking for info on a Bally table. Would NEVER have considered the new Stern until I realized that I can upload the real recordings or songs of my choice! Hopefully animations too. While not necessarily a pinballer (yet), I just can't imagine that they wouldn't have sold a myriad more had people known the fakes could be replaced!!

#2557 7 years ago

another day another BM66 code release...Crickets on KISS...Flood their FB page! I suggest being polite though...

#2558 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

another day another BM66 code release...Crickets on KISS...Flood their FB page! I suggest being polite though...

They could care less. No update is coming.

#2559 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

They could care less. No update is coming.

and no new business from me and many more kiss owners!

#2560 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

They could care less.

I agree with this part. Ha

#2561 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

i love how they brag about their code release .69 really. wowwwww
you pat yourselves on the back for releasing another beta code batch.
finish coding your damn pins already.

#2562 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i love how they brag about their code release .69 really. wowwwww
you pat yourselves on the back for releasing another beta code batch.
finish coding your damn pins already.

Last one was almost 3 weeks for .03 version improvement. This one is 16 days for .01 version improvement. They're getting slower, not faster.

#2563 7 years ago

Regardless of code Kiss is still a great game. When I have my pinball parties Kiss is the most played by far over the other 23 pins I have. It's really a fun game to play. Are we certain no additional code is coming? A nice update would be so cool about right now!!!

#2564 7 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Regardless of code Kiss is still a great game. When I have my pinball parties Kiss is the most played by far over the other 23 pins I have. It's really a fun game to play. Are we certain no additional code is coming? A nice update would be so cool about right now!!!

Stern has said it's coming multiple times. I believe we'll get at least one more.

#2565 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern has said it's coming multiple times. I believe we'll get at least one more.

They never said it's coming. They said stay tuned and that it was something the community was asking for. They never committed to it. If you have another source that says differently I'd like to see it because it would make me feel better about my game.

#2566 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

That is a great song as well. Off of Second Sighting, I liked Insane and Tod's Fallen Angel, the rest was eh. Trouble Walkin' was where I lost him. Do Ya was great, and his Hide Your Heart was better than the KISS version, but I think he started to hit the bottle hard and was lost for another 15 years. Ace always had great songwriting potential when he worked on it. Saw him live 5 times, always enjoyed it.

#2567 7 years ago

I will not buy one more new game from stern until they finish the kiss code, I know that I'm just one person but that's $$$$ they will not make from me.

#2568 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

They never said it's coming. They said stay tuned and that it was something the community was asking for. They never committed to it. If you have another source that says differently I'd like to see it because it would make me feel better about my game.

Well, yes, I do. Jody says CLEARLY "the team's working on a big code update for KISS" on the John's Arcade tour:

And it's not the ONLY time Stern or their representatives have explicitly said an update is coming. So, yeah, it's COMING. Calm down.

#2569 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, yes, I do. Jody says CLEARLY "the team's working on a big code update for KISS" on the John's Arcade tour:
» YouTube video
And it's not the ONLY time Stern or their representatives have explicitly said an update is coming. So, yeah, it's COMING. Calm down.

I don't even own Kiss and I know this basic info.

#2570 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

» YouTube video

Working on it isn't a comittment. Obviously they are not working on it ad it's been 10 months.

#2571 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Of Delorean's automobile

#2572 7 years ago

if this is a call for Rock Soldiers I am reporting for duty...

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2573 7 years ago

stern working on kiss code=i am working on an anti-gravity device.

#2574 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Working on it isn't a comittment. Obviously they are not working on it ad it's been 10 months.

Well, if that clear, black-and-white statement straight from Stern, made AT their factory won't convince you, your delusion is beyond the point where I can help you. Would you care to put your money where your mouth is?

#2575 7 years ago

Well they will release Aerosmith and then code kiss, Aerosmith update will take two years. Typical Lonnie games and cycle.

#2576 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

you cannot be this allergic to reality.

#2577 7 years ago

Stay Tuned!!!!

#2578 7 years ago

Another piece of evidence. When I purchased my KISS Pro back in November, the distributor (GAP) told me he visits the factory often to pick up machines and he was told by Lyman that KISS code was being worked on.

#2579 7 years ago

Well I'm taking one for the team. Kiss has just left the building so I would expect code to be released this weekend as would be my standard luck. Enjoy it all! I hope it turns out amazing!

#2580 7 years ago

Did I hear Jody correctly today when he said they are working on a big KISS update?

#2581 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Did I hear Jody correctly today when he said they are working on a big KISS update?

Hear him where?

#2582 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hear him where?

On their Facebook video today.

#2583 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

On their Facebook video today.

"I don't know how big it will be, but I know the team is working on one."

Notice that he dialed back the "big" from his statement made before to John's arcade? Mind games from Stern to manage expectations?

#2584 7 years ago

I don't know what you guys are expecting code wise but I played a pro recently and enjoyed it! Sit back and relax because from what I could see the game was pretty much close to being complete anyway. If theres an update it'll be polish. I think everyone is thinking a game is complete when it has code like Metallica, TWD, or ACDC. If you're hoping for that every time out I think you're going to be let down more often that not... Enjoy the code now and if there's an update there's an update if not the game is fun as it stands.

#2585 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Notice that he dialed back the "big" from his statement made before to John's arcade? Mind games from Stern to manage expectations?

Actually, he was responding to the Facebook question in real time which asked about the "big" KISS code update. He then responded that the team was working on it but he was not sure how big because he didn't really seem to know. That was how I interpreted the comment.

#2586 7 years ago

Jody is a marketing guy. Take anything he says with a grain of salt.

#2587 7 years ago

Figured I'd post here since it's probably the most monitored thread for the game...Now I can wait for code too!! Have yet to open, barely had enough time to drive it to our weekend place, hide it and haul ass back home. Really psyched to own this!!!

IMG_0761 (resized).JPGIMG_0761 (resized).JPG

IMG_0762 (resized).JPGIMG_0762 (resized).JPG

#2588 7 years ago
Quoted from Tempest:

Figured I'd post here since it's probably the most monitored thread for the game...Now I can wait for code too!! Have yet to open, barely had enough time to drive it to our weekend place, hide it and haul ass back home. Really psyched to own this!!!

CONGRATS!!! My NIB LE #283 was delivered on the 16th. Got PinGuard red bolt leg protectors from pinball life, new super glossy balls, Kim's multi ball mod, this game ROCKS! I have a full set of Cliffys on the way, now I just need to order a sub

#2590 7 years ago

Congrats! I'm jealous. I just have a lowly KISS Pro. You're gonna love it.

#2591 7 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I don't know what you guys are expecting code wise but I played a pro recently and enjoyed it! Sit back and relax because from what I could see the game was pretty much close to being complete anyway. If theres an update it'll be polish. I think everyone is thinking a game is complete when it has code like Metallica, TWD, or ACDC. If you're hoping for that every time out I think you're going to be let down more often that not... Enjoy the code now and if there's an update there's an update if not the game is fun as it stands.

Complete? Do the big inserts do anything yet? We all know cities are not coded.

KISS has some of the shitiest dots in any recent Stern game. Compared to the likes of TWD and MET, KISS is downright atrocious.

Rob

#2592 7 years ago

Ok I'm going to eat crow here - I rewatched the John's arcade Stern tour and he definitely said a big code update is coming for Kiss. I'm not sure how I remember it differently, but he definitely committed to it. I admit I was wrong. Luckily I still have access to a few copies of the game to test out the new code when it comes.

#2593 7 years ago

I agree if anything needs to be updated its the animations. They are not the best and need to be cleaned up. Many of the current animations look incomplete or just very odd. This is one I would really like to see cleaned up and color added.

Overall the basic rules are OK. But there are a ton of things they could do to make it better. There are some tough shots and I think most players cannot consistently make those shots to get to HOF, Kiss Army, or Rock City. I like that it's not easy to get those modes. But for the average player it gets old just getting Demon and Love Gun multiball. And the factory settings make it very hard for average players to earn an extra ball.

A good code update with the right tweaks could make this better for average players and challenging enough for skilled players.

Stern has really dragged their feet on this one and probably missed a ton of sales.

I just wish Stern would be HONEST and communicate openly on what games are being updated and WHEN updates are scheduled.

It seems any question asking Stern "When is (fill in the blank here) going to happen the answer is always STAY TUNED.....

I think the next time my boss or my girlfriend asks me when something is gonna be done I am going to answer with Stay Tuned.....I am sure that would go over real well

#2594 7 years ago
Quoted from Tempest:

DEFINITELY order the Lovegun lighting mod right away. It's one of the best "improvement" mods of any pin out there. Really makes the Lovegun mode start with the levitating ball special.

#2595 7 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Actually, he was responding to the Facebook question in real time which asked about the "big" KISS code update. He then responded that the team was working on it but he was not sure how big because he didn't really seem to know. That was how I interpreted the comment.

Yes, but in the John's Arcade bit (bookmarked in the post above) he calls it a "big" update, which is what the question is referring to. Then in the answer here, he backs off his own "big" statement before by saying now he doesn't know how "big" it will be, but it's coming. So, seems like a change.

#2596 7 years ago

That was me that committed on the live tour about the code update, I do not own this game but my good friend rjdunn on here has it and the game is fun as can be played it quite a bit but the code is weak and when it seems like they put it on the back burner.witch sucks when you drop 8k on a pinball
I just picked up a Metallica (Pro) pro and he was ready to trade straight across for the premium kiss,but it is hard to complete with metallica music in my opinion.

#2597 7 years ago
Quoted from grantwood911:

That was me that committed on the live tour about the code update, I do not own this game but my good friend rjdunn on here has it and the game is fun as can be played it quite a bit but the code is weak and when it seems like they put it on the back burner.witch sucks when you drop 8k on a pinball
I just picked up a Metallica (Pro) pro and he was ready to trade straight across for the premium kiss,but it is hard to complete with metallica music in my opinion.

The irony is the KISS pin has much better sound system than Metallica. It's night and day audio difference of SAM vs Spike, Mono vs Stereo.

#2598 7 years ago

Yeah but all my features work on my game and for $120 I can update all the speakers + a bigger sub so....... but like I said I love the Kiss machine iam just sorry for my buddy that has lost his butt on his premium.

#2599 7 years ago
Quoted from grantwood911:

Yeah but all my features work on my game and for $120 I can update all the speakers + a bigger sub so....... but like I said I love the Kiss machine iam just sorry for my buddy that has lost his butt on his premium.

Yes you can put bigger speakers in, but you still can't get stereo out of it which makes a difference in the QUALITY of the sound. That's the irony - KISS will always sound better than Metallica, even if Metallica has upgraded speakers, just as a function of Stereo (KISS) over Mono (Metallica). I haven't checked, but I think the sampling rate on Spike (KISS) may be better than SAM (Metallica) relatively crappy rate of 24khz, too, which is another thing upgrading speakers won't help.

I do feel for the people that were suckered into full price LEs. You can get them now for around $6k used, which is a great deal since I believe the price will bounce back with a solid update, like seen on Iron Man, which languished then became valuable enough for Stern to take notice and do a vault to cash in.

#2600 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Complete? Do the big inserts do anything yet? We all know cities are not coded.
KISS has some of the shitiest dots in any recent Stern game. Compared to the likes of TWD and MET, KISS is downright atrocious.
Rob

And there's EVERYONE'S problem right there! My game isn't as awesome as MET and TWD so it mustn't be anywhere near finished... Sorry to say but not every game is going to be like MET or TWD in terms of its code or dots and that's just the way it's going to be! Not everyone has the ability to bring rules to a game like Lyman does! Quite literally no one! So if Lyman isn't on the game you'll get a solid game but not a spectacular one.

What do you mean cities aren't coded there are call outs for them during game play. The cities might do nothing apart from a call out here or there. It's like Metallica and their song don't mean poo to a game. ACDC the canon targets don't do anything is that game as close to complete as it's going to get? Sure as poo it is! And it's still awesome!

Stop comparing KISS to anything and you just might enjoy the heck out of it! Keep comparing it and sell KISS and buy the other game instead because you'll never think KISS is more awesome... Sell KISS and say hello to an awesome MET/TWD...

I'm trying to figure out which big insert does nothing? Ps TWD Horde insert doesn't quite work either so don't buy that game...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 24.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 29.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.