Topic Stats

• 4,247 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 284 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200215_141215 (resized).jpg
IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

There are 4247 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 85.
#2351 3 years ago

Anybody have a set of Le free play cards to share?

#2352 3 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I'd say Pinside pissing and moaning is destroying this games reputation, not the code. Of course the code needs more polish but it still a blast to play with the current code.

Same thing with Transformers. I have one and the usual reaction is "It's not very good is it ?" Until they play it. It's amazing how many edge back over to it for 'just one more game'.

#2353 3 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Same thing with Transformers. I have one and the usual reaction is "It's not very good is it ?" Until they play it. It's amazing how many edge back over to it for 'just one more game'.

Exactly. Kiss and TF are cool games.

People come to my place and play them and always say "hey that's a cool game"

People believe everything they read on the internet. The recent election is good proof of this. You guys banging on about kiss code is for sure wrecking the games value.

GOT has way more buggy code than KISS. KISS may need a little polish but at least the side lane ball saves work properly ... unlike GOT.

rd

#2354 3 years ago

And once a game gets thrashed for so long the value will most likely never rise again ,like x men le

#2355 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

And once a game gets thrashed for so long the value will most likely never rise again ,like x men le

Yep, exactly. XMen, avengers, transformers, kiss ... Screwed forever.

XMen is a stunning game now. It's code was shithouse initially but it's a sweet game now.

If you read the KISS rule sheet on TILT (as I just did) KISS is pretty much complete. Solid game. Remove the Cities from the start of the game and finish what is there and she's done.

I asked before (maybe in this thread) what people wanted the Cities to do. Didn't get one answer. As I said at the time, I suspect that the cities were only going to change the call outs (hello Pittsburgh!) so people could "personalise" the gameplay a little.

rd

#2356 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

GOT has way more buggy code than KISS. KISS may need a little polish but at least the side lane ball saves work properly ... unlike GOT.
rd

Really? I have a hard time believing that. And most critical is the stupid SDTM from Genes mouth, thats almost game breaking.
I played KISS on a location in Oslo last week, and yes, while they have "fixed" the sdtm by adding the ball saver...its a joke! as long as the ball goes 100 % straight into the trough it works, but if the balls delay 0.25 second because it hits the apron wall before going into the trough..No ball save! Jesus christ, It really pissed me off

It seems so lazy to not play test it enough and just adjust the angle of Genes mouth slightly to one side.

That aside, there is always something with the game that makes me play some rounds when I see it at tournaments or locations, I dont fancy Kiss music but it grooves with the pinball.

#2357 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Really? I have a hard time believing that. And most critical is the stupid SDTM from Genes mouth, thats almost game breaking.
I played KISS on a location in Oslo last week, and yes, while they have "fixed" the sdtm by adding the ball saver...its a joke! as long as the ball goes 100 % straight into the trough it works, but if the balls delay 0.25 second because it hits the apron wall before going into the trough..No ball save! Jesus christ, It really pissed me off
It seems so lazy to not play test it enough and just adjust the angle of Genes mouth slightly to one side.
That aside, there is always something with the game that makes me play some rounds when I see it at tournaments or locations, I dont fancy Kiss music but it grooves with the pinball.

Adjusting the power of the kickout fixes this. I have a personal KISS and one I set up for a buddy on location and neither eject SDTM.

That said, it would help if Stern labeled the kickout properly. The VUK and kickout are reversed on the adjustment menu.

#2358 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Stop giving your game hell when your LOLs are lit and they will work fine. Haha

#2359 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

This is 100% fixed with physical game adjustments and once the game is broken in. It's a non issue.

#2360 3 years ago

My Gene hardly ever shoots the ball SDTM. It works fine.

It's annoying that the ball saver light blinks during multiball even though it's not actually active. Gets me every time I'm on a heater.

You can adjust the ball save time on Gene in the settings if you keep missing the ball save due to it bouncing around before hitting the trough.

Codewise - it would be nice if they polished up the wizard modes a bit. Heavens on fire has such cool lighting effects and is a better wizard mode than rock city currently. I really think they need to add some more pizazz to it. Base rules are fine as they stand. Remind me of Star Trek but with less polish.

#2361 3 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Codewise - it would be nice if they polished up the wizard modes a bit. Heavens on fire has such cool lighting effects and is a better wizard mode than rock city currently. I really think they need to add some more pizazz to it. Base rules are fine as they stand. Remind me of Star Trek but with less polish.

Rock City is pathetic for a final Wizard Mode. Lame, sparse dots and doesn't even have its own song. There's a lot of loose ends they need to tie up to make KISS satisfying. Fingers crossed the next update does it, because it feels like it's gonna be the last one.

#2362 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I asked before (maybe in this thread) what people wanted the Cities to do. Didn't get one answer.

I want to be able to collect cities via combos (more or specific combos required for each subsequent city). I want each city to grant you a special power when you get it and you can cash it in by hitting the ball into Gene's head. This should also be abort-able so I can choose to cash in or wait to combine powers. Combined power are worth more than single powers. Think stargate and collecting quartz, if you wait to cash in then the prizes get better.

If you collect all the cities then I want another sub wizard mode.

Given the more recent code style of collecting ghosts/ killing walkers, I think this is more likely what was originally intended. This is also the layer that is missing from KISS in my opinion.

#2363 3 years ago

oh, yes... Meant to add city power could/should also combine with song powers. ie. you could make Super Duper spinner/pops/ramps/etc...

#2364 3 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I'd say Pinside pissing and moaning is destroying this games reputation, not the code. Of course the code needs more polish but it still a blast to play with the current code.

Yeah, and people bitching and moaning about getting food poisoning from Chipotle are the real problem there too...

I mean honestly, the food is still pretty tasty when you are eating it...And a blast coming out!

#2365 3 years ago

The next KISS code update better be huge and heavily expand on gameplay versus just mainly being a bug fix update.

With as slow as Stern is with code updates one may think they are working on code for the first manned mission to Mars...

#2366 3 years ago

I don't agree that the update needs to be crazy huge altering gameplay, don't get me wrong, it could use one more dimension added to the gameplay by expanding on the cities......lots of little bugs, needs more dots and callouts.....but dang, its got two great multiballs, three wizard mode multiballs, and cool multipliers. Change your settings slightly, and Get Colosal Bonus and Heavens on Fire going at the same time and then tell me it sucks. In think the code is good, but hoping for greatness.

#2367 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I played KISS on a location in Oslo last week

If you actually owned Kiss, you'd realize this is a non-issue and easily fixed.

As a matter of fact, my KISS LE NEVER had this problem or any problems right out of the box, and I've never had to adjust it.

But just like everything else, the negativity on the game goes on with those that don't know better, unfortunately.

#2368 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

But just like everything else, the negativity on the game goes on with those that don't know better, unfortunately.

Eh, no. I've played the game a lot. It's a dog.

If and when the code update comes, it better not be like Ghostbusters where they literally add more bugs than features. The evolution of code on GB has been nothing short of frustrating. It's a real one step forward two step back situation. The last update cleaned up a lot of the bugs, but there are new ones present that absolutely shouldn't be there.

I'm starting to believe that Stern isn't all that interested in evolving their games much post release. A few things that they had on their feature wishlist might get added, some bugs might get addressed, but if you want to significant code evolution, JJP and Spooky are a better place to look for that.

#2369 3 years ago

I quite enjoyed KISS when I have played it on location. I agree that the trash talking really hurts sales but this is Stern's own fault. If they continue to release weak/limited code then that is going to be the public reaction quite often. After all you only get one chance to make a first impression! After that most people have made up their minds already.

oh yeah, and I agree with many of you that say X-men is an amazing game now. I don't know what is was like in the beginning as I only picked mine up a year and a half ago.

#2370 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I want to be able to collect cities via combos (more or specific combos required for each subsequent city). I want each city to grant you a special power when you get it and you can cash it in by hitting the ball into Gene's head. This should also be abort-able so I can choose to cash in or wait to combine powers. Combined power are worth more than single powers. Think stargate and collecting quartz, if you wait to cash in then the prizes get better.
Given the more recent code style of collecting ghosts/ killing walkers, I think this is more likely what was originally intended. This is also the layer that is missing from KISS in my opinion.

I wonder if Lonnie is reading this thread or if anyone knows how to get him this idea? Coding team >> please feel free to run eith this. I think it would do amazing things for the game and would also show how a team run by Lonnie can step in to really polish a game off.

#2371 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I wonder if Lonnie is reading this thread or if anyone knows how to get him this idea? Coding team >> please feel free to run eith this. I think it would do amazing things for the game and would also show how a team run by Lonnie can step in to really polish a game off.

HELP US, HELP YOU! If you have any suggestions, questions, need technical
advice, find errors or have comments, contact us through our website:

http://www.sternpinball.com/contact.shtml

that is on each Readme file when code drops. Try there.

Also, I know Dwight reads all the GOT threads and GB threads, so I assume Lonnie does the same.

#2372 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Quoted from Whysnow:

Hilton, if you were a Stern employee, would you listen to suggestions from someone with your extensive and hyperbolic online criticisms of the company, its management team, and its products (see below)?

This is not a rhetorical question, and I'm not trying to be flippant. I am honestly interested in hearing your response and understanding your thought process.

Whysnow_Stern_Ratings (resized).jpg

#2373 3 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Hilton, if you were a Stern employee, would you listen to suggestions from someone with your extensive and hyperbolic online criticisms of the company, its management team, and its products (see below)?
This is not a rhetorical question, and I'm not trying to be flippant. I am honestly interested in hearing your response and understanding your thought process.

honestly, 100%. I find that critical yet constructive people that point out issues but also provide potential solutions are the people I specifically reach out to and ask for feedback and try to make improvements. Accountable people like to be held accountable I have found. Dealing with a few non-PC jerks tends to be worth it for those with thich enough skin and a genuine passion for what they do.

Aside from that I have proven my value to other programers and you may not realize it but a few of my rulesets, adjustments, and polish suggestions have already made it into other games. Amazingly, some of my suggestions have been in recent releases and there is one person that converses with me in the real world on a somewhat regular basis and likes my ideas.

Worth note that I do not think my critisisms are exagerated one bit. They are both honest and direct, but not exagerated one iota.

Outside of all my so called dislike for many things Stern, I also give credit where credit is due. TWD is one of my favorite games of the recent past and I think with polish kiss has the ability to get close to that level also (and GB). Top is all off with the fact that a bunch of people that dislike me even thumbed up my suggestion. Sounds like it is a decent idea if I was the programmer and had the ability to polish my game... Last thing if I were Lonnie, I know I would want my name to start being tossed around in the same sentences as Lyman and Dwight. Good code takes effort and I personally would want to keep up with my collegues.

#2374 3 years ago

I enjoyed it when I owned it and thought code was ok, but the callouts wore me out.

#2375 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

honestly, 100%. I find that critical yet constructive people that point out issues but also provide potential solutions are the people I specifically reach out to and ask for feedback and try to make improvements. Accountable people like to be held accountable I have found. Dealing with a few non-PC jerks tends to be worth it for those with thich enough skin and a genuine passion for what they do.
Aside from that I have proven my value to other programers and you may not realize it but a few of my rulesets, adjustments, and polish suggestions have already made it into other games. Amazingly, some of my suggestions have been in recent releases and there is one person that converses with me in the real world on a somewhat regular basis and likes my ideas.
Worth note that I do not think my critisisms are exagerated one bit. They are both honest and direct, but not exagerated one iota.
Outside of all my so called dislike for many things Stern, I also give credit where credit is due. TWD is one of my favorite games of the recent past and I think with polish kiss has the ability to get close to that level also (and GB). Top is all off with the fact that a bunch of people that dislike me even thumbed up my suggestion. Sounds like it is a decent idea if I was the programmer and had the ability to polish my game... Last thing if I were Lonnie, I know I would want my name to start being tossed around in the same sentences as Lyman and Dwight. Good code takes effort and I personally would want to keep up with my collegues.

I know that Ben has publicly acknowledged your code feedback and testing regarding AMH, and they have clearly improved the game. I also know that you've made suggestions to several other coders that work for Stern's competitors, and they've probably been incorporated as well (presumably on the pins at the top of your ranking list).

But it's also quite clear that you took the rejection of your "Stern Army" application very personally, and the bitterness of that snub has fueled your online campaign against everything that Stern makes.

Seriously, look at the disparity of your ratings...

1. Wrath of Olympus = 10.0
2. Dialed In = 10.0
72. AC/DC Pro = 1.62
73. Metallica LE/Premium = 1.21

How can you expect your feedback to carry any credibility with Stern employees?

#2376 3 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I know that Ben has publicly acknowledged your code feedback and testing regarding AMH, and they have clearly improved the game. I also know that you've made suggestions to several other coders that work for Stern's competitors, and they've probably been incorporated as well (presumably on the pins at the top of your ranking list).
But it's also quite clear that you took the rejection of your "Stern Army" application very personally, and the bitterness of that snub has fueled your online campaign against everything that Stern makes.
2. Dialed In = 10.0
72. AC/DC Pro = 1.62

Haha. Wow. Didn't realize heavy metal meltdown blew AC/DC out of the water.

#2377 3 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

2. Dialed In = 10.0
72. AC/DC Pro = 1.62

LOL how are those numbers even possible!??!!? That's some troll-ass game rating. I think Ghostbusters is a garbage fire...but my rating ended up as a 5.3 lol

#2378 3 years ago

AC/DC is probably the best game since AFM or TZ. Sooooooo good. Almost flawless.

I do think KISS is salvageable, but I think it's just in a really, really poor state. There's no excitement with the layout, but worse playfields have proven to be more fun with great code. I would love to be surprised by Stern on this one, I just don't see it happening.

#2379 3 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

2. Dialed In = 10.0
72. AC/DC Pro = 1.62

Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL how are those numbers even possible!??!!? That's some troll-ass game rating

Those are MY genuine ratings. I like to rate for ME and nobody else.

I have found that I tend to use the whole spectrum form 1 to 10 and many people dont rate anything below 5. I genuinely like the games I like and find both ACDC and Mehtallica to be pretty boring.

#2380 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Wow. Didn't realize heavy metal meltdown blew AC/DC out of the water.

it does! That is really not even debatable...

#2381 3 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

just to be clear, I was not talking about Ben.

Some of my ideas are in Stern games and 1 person in partciular has reached out to me to solicit my opinion in the recent past. They listen to me in some cases (despite me ranking ACADAC and MET so low on me personal rankings on Pinside).

#2382 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Those are MY genuine ratings. I like to rate for ME and nobody else.
I have found that I tend to use the whole spectrum form 1 to 10 and many people dont rate anything below 5. I genuinely like the games I like and find both ACDC and Mehtallica to be pretty boring.

Nah, you have to go REALLY out of your way to get ratings that low. That's just basically going 1 1 1 1 1 1. I literally HATE Ghostbusters, but I still had to give it good marks for art and sound...if I just 1 1 1 1 1'd it, I'd be trolling it...like you have.

#2383 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's some troll-ass game rating. I think Ghostbusters is a garbage fire...but my rating ended up as a 5.3 lol

Tell me about it. How in the **** is Metallica ever a 1.21? The code is complete, the rules are good and provide strategic variety, there's several good multiballs, there's no single-best scoring approach, plus it means he scored it a 1 for art on playfield/glass/cabinet and animations. Sound QUALITY is objectively good even if you dislike Metallica's library. The layout is at WORST derivative of MM / AFM. You could argue the Prem/LE features add very little above the Pro, or sometimes cause extra mechanical problems that need chasing. Total troll score.

I can't comment on AC/DC because I haven't bothered to play it (don't care for the band), but it has always looked to be at least a 7. Some cool ideas going on and fun integration with the cannon. I saw Bowen play it and the songs seem well integrated. Plus it had TONS of "firsts" for Stern that are now used all over.

I don't think even my most hated game would rank below a 3 or a 4. Your quote really is worth repeating and those ratings are on something besides what's inside the game.

#2384 3 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

2. Dialed In = 10.0
72. AC/DC Pro = 1.62

I would rate Whysnow's credibility at a 1.21.

#2385 3 years ago

One point twenty one credibilitywatts!?

#2386 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah, you have to go REALLY out of your way to get ratings that low. That's just basically going 1 1 1 1 1 1. I literally HATE Ghostbusters, but I still had to give it good marks for art and sound...if I just 1 1 1 1 1'd it, I'd be trolling it...like you have.

that is not ture. I gave ACDC a 3 and a 2 in some categories.

You can call it trolling if you want to cry about it. These are MY ratings and for me. They are how I truely belive the games rank.

Dont forget, that I have TWD as 9.08. I rate games where I see them fall.

#2387 3 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

How in the **** is Metallica ever a 1.21?

well... if you actually read my rating comment then you would see my opinion.

"Of all the fan type layouts, this one falls short. Of the music pins, this one again falls short.

I still find the shots to feel a little clunky and the theme does little for me. "

Mehtallica is a dud of chopping wood and annoying bad in so many ways. People have always given me a hard time for my opnion on it. Still does not change that it is a dud for me.

#2388 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

well... if you actually read my rating comment then you would see my opinion.
"Of all the fan type layouts, this one falls short. Of the music pins, this one again falls short.
I still find the shots to feel a little clunky and the theme does little for me. "
Mehtallica is a dud of chopping wood and annoying bad in so many ways. People have always given me a hard time for my opnion on it. Still does not change that it is a dud for me.

You can feel however you want about the pin.

But your ratings are total bullshit, despite how you try to spin it. You can't come up with a rating that low by being objective in all the different categories. Ridiculous.

#2389 3 years ago

Your comment addresses 2 of the 16 aspects you're supposed to score.

Playfield art is a 1? Backglass art? Animations? Sound QUALITY (even if you don't like Metallica as a band). Cohesiveness of themeing?

The rating is not "10 if I like it 1 if I think it's boring". It has sixteen different aspects. Only 5 of which involve gameplay (maybe 6 depending on how you think about it).

#2390 3 years ago

Your comment addresses 2 of the 16 aspects you're supposed to score.
Playfield art is a 1? Backglass art? Animations? Sound QUALITY (even if you don't like Metallica as a band).
The rating is not "10 if I like it 1 if I think it's boring". It has sixteen different aspects. 5 to 6 of which involve gameplay.

the butt hurt is strong with you.

deal with it. I rate games for me. LOL. sorry you are so hurt over my objective ratings as I see them. I think the sound quality sucks on metallica also. Animations a boring and WAY too long. Stupid sparky animation when I just want to play a stupid multiball which I chopped wood to for the 3rd time in single game.

#2391 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

back on track...

anyon actually have some other ideas for how you would like to see KISS polished out to be a better game?

#2392 3 years ago

Lol, the butt hurt. Yes, the person rating games at 1.21 because his beef with Stern is the one to be commenting on "butt hurt".

Sorry for wishing people actually read instructions and used systems for their purpose.

#2393 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

back on track...
anyon actually have some other ideas for how you would like to see KISS polished out to be a better game?

Sure, as long as they're not yours!

#2394 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I rate games for me. LOL. sorry you are so hurt over my objective ratings as I see them.

That is the definition of SUBjective, not OBjective. "As I see them" automatically makes the ratings SUBjective.

#2395 3 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Wow. Talk about spamming the ratings system.

#2396 3 years ago

Since the next KISS update may be the last one, I made a new thread to put all the bugs that need to be fixed in one place so we can hopefully get everything addressed:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-code-128-bugs-and-wishlist-for-final-update#post-3561125

Whatever's contributed in the thread will be curated to the first post so Stern can have all the bugs known in one place, and all the practical wishlist items, too!

#2397 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Wow. Talk about spamming the ratings system.

Two can play at that game

WOOLY (resized).png

#2398 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Oh my freaking word! First of all, a NIB KISS game just needs to be adjusted like every other freaking Stern NIB game. My KISS Pro NEVER does a SDTM (well maybe 0.05% of the time). Second, ALL pins have an element of sending a ball SDTM. GB is WAY worse that KISS with the drains, airballs and such and people just overlook those facts on GB. Third, the ball save time is adjustable!

#2399 3 years ago

I can't comment on AC/DC because I haven't bothered to play it (don't care for the band), but it has always looked to be at least a 7. Some cool ideas going on and fun integration with the cannon. I saw Bowen play it and the songs seem well integrated.

Some of the song rules in ACDC absolutely suck. BIB is the worst of them all. Even Bowen calls it 'crud' in his rulesheet.

Rob

#2400 3 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Oh my freaking word! First of all, a NIB KISS game just needs to be adjusted like every other freaking Stern NIB game. My KISS Pro NEVER does a SDTM (well maybe 0.05% of the time). Second, ALL pins have an element of sending a ball SDTM.

A controlled kick from a VUK, saucer, or kickback should NEVER got STDM. If it does, that's poor design.

Quoted from konjurer:

GB is WAY worse that KISS with the drains, airballs and such and people just overlook those facts on GB.

What? No one overlooks that on GB! It's a huge design flaw & one of the key critiques and reasons that people end up disliking GB.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 26.95
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 4247 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside