Topic Stats

• 4,231 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by HoneyBadger
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 283 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
Z8QWR8.gif

There are 4231 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 85.
#2301 2 years ago

Stern is cutting development costs I can tell...

2016: SM VE (Spider-Man retheme)
GB (New)
PBR (Whoa Nellie retheme)
BM66 (BDK retheme)

2017: AS (KISS retheme)

They are on a roll!

#2302 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

GB (New)
BM66 (BDK retheme)
They are on a roll!

what if star wars is star trek re-themed with that bigger death star rehash in the middle instead of the vengeance. since the movie was a rehash the game should be too!

#2303 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

GB (New)
BM66 (BDK retheme)
They are on a roll!

Technically PBR and BM'66 were boutique games for Pabst and KaPow respectively.

#2304 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Technically PBR and BM'66 were boutique games for Pabst and KaPow respectively.

Yeah I know - I was just referring to their designs. I get it, saves a lot of development time because they can use the same whitewoods, right?

#2305 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow. Just another form of cost cutting and way to increase profits. Same thing can be said about taking some sounds from KISS.

You've been around as long as you have and are impressed by this? Like RD said, put this on any fan layout. Good grief.

#2306 2 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

what if star wars is star trek re-themed with that bigger death star rehash in the middle instead of the vengeance. since the movie was a rehash the game should be too!

I would get a chuckle out of that. It would sort of suck, but I would be amused.

#2307 2 years ago

I wouldn't mind them borrowing some ideas off STLE, instead of light up Enterprise, depending on your light side or dark side LE have light up X-Wing or Tie Fighter side rails and instead of a lit federation emblem have light up lightsabers or force lighting on the back box sides

#2308 2 years ago

Are there any other recent stern games that use the same sounds?

#2309 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Are there any other recent stern games that use the same sounds?

The tilt danger sound on walking dead is the sound on Star trek when you complete the lanes above the pops

#2310 2 years ago

The spinner sound on kiss is the camera sound from CSI.

#2312 2 years ago

I hope they do not rehash that Heatbeat sound from the kiss slings

#2313 2 years ago

Definite improvement on "stay tuned"....

Stern (resized).JPG

#2314 2 years ago

Maybe the AS code runs on it like you could swap Family Guy and Shrek

#2315 2 years ago

74587528 (resized).jpg

#2316 2 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

You're grasping at straws. It's no different. The statement merely implies intent to produce an update at some point, not that it's being worked on.

#2318 2 years ago

The tilt danger sound on walking dead is the sound on Star trek when you complete the lanes above the pops

#2319 2 years ago

How much does Paul still have to wait? Please hurry up so Paul can play the finished product!

Paul Stanley (resized).jpg

#2320 2 years ago

Gene-Simmons-Bald1_1 (resized).jpg

#2321 2 years ago

How many KISS owners plan on buying Aerosmith?

#2322 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

you mean aerokiss?

not me!
this pin 90 percent kiss rehash!

#2323 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

you mean aerokiss?
not me!
this pin 90 percent kiss rehash!

They're almost mutually exclusive fan bases, and with the support KISS has received, I doubt many are anxious to put another unfinished music game in their collection that is almost exactly like the one they already have.

#2324 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I had technically said I would buy an LE then I heard the game and saw the layout in the video and could not cancel fast enough.

#2325 2 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I had technically said I would buy an LE then I heard the game and saw the layout in the video and could not cancel fast enough.

That Sparky, Jr voice was also a mistake that should not have been made. They should have gone a different way with the character performance, probably with a different voice actor.

#2326 2 years ago

I still love playing KISS and will soon have an Aerosmith next to it, despite the ridiculously annoying jester voice.

#2327 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

That Sparky, Jr voice was also a mistake that should not have been made. They should have gone a different way with the character performance, probably with a different voice actor.

Based on the videos it sounds so out of place and annoying. The artwork is sick, but missing Dream On, having rehashed KISS layout, you know lack of code, and annoying as hell jester I don't know how you guys are buying it for home. I'll throw some quarters in it on location, but no other way.

#2328 2 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Based on the videos it sounds so out of place and annoying. The artwork is sick, but missing Dream On, having rehashed KISS layout, you know lack of code, and annoying as hell jester I don't know how you guys are buying it for home. I'll throw some quarters in it on location, but no other way.

What do you mean "you guys?" Not me!

#2329 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Not me. I'm waiting for KISS to be completed before I buy another stern. Cancelled a GBLE due to KISS code. I'd likely consider an aerosmith if it ends up being fun down the road.

Lets just hope the wait isn't as long as waiting for the Jets to have a good year!!!

#2330 2 years ago

I thought about ordering Aerosmith...then I remembered how long I had to wait for my preorder GB pro. I watched people order in late spring/early summer and get it a week or two later. I ordered within a day of announcing and waited five months. Not again for me (unless its a must have title, and those are few and far between).

#2331 2 years ago

No Aero for me!

#2332 2 years ago

I'll admit that I like getting newly released pins and being in the excitement of having the new theme, but that's lost it luster with me also because of getting burned on code. I'm sticking it out with Kiss right now to see what Stern does, like many here. I'm not going to get burned again.

#2333 2 years ago

I don't mind the similar layout, I think it will play very different....but copying audio from Kiss is where I draw the line. Can't do both, similar layout and audio. I'm really hoping they don't screw up Iron Maiden.

#2334 2 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Finally a little more communication admittedly it wouldn't have been much trouble to give a rough idea when "coming Q2 of this year" but it's certainly ALOT better than stay tuned!

Quoted from rubberducks:

You're grasping at straws. It's no different. The statement merely implies intent to produce an update at some point, not that it's being worked on.

It's a good start, that post on their Facebook would normally have been deleted or ignored.

#2335 2 years ago

Just noticed that on Stern's Facebook page, Bowen Kerins stated "Kiss code is already in terrific condition" to someone complaining to Stern about KISS code.

Look, I wanna see a KISS update badly but I gotta agree... KISS code is pretty good today. It could be EPIC with another layer of depth.

#2336 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Just noticed that on Stern's Facebook page, Bowen Kerins stated "Kiss code is already in terrific condition" to someone complaining to Stern about KISS code.
Look, I wanna see a KISS update badly but I gotta agree... KISS code is pretty good today. It could be EPIC with another layer of depth.

Yeah its pretty good with features that do nothing cities that do nothing and missing call outs, forget tweaks and better scoring, I would just like a game coded that do not have blatant aspects of the game missing.

#2337 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I am totally sure Bowen is trolling!

#2338 2 years ago

Stay tuned!

#2339 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

How about it gets *completed* before we start layering? Rock City is the definition of basic, and it's the Wizard mode! There's plenty left to finish in KISS.

#2340 2 years ago

I just read the fine print about 18 - 36 months....LMAO!

#2341 2 years ago

It's wishful thinking we might get a code update soon. In the meantime I saw Ace tonight. He looked good and really sounded great.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#2342 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

pretty sure that was sarcasm. KISS code is a nice foundation, but missing TONS of stuff.

#2343 2 years ago

Noticed the other day that there's no way to increase bonus multipliers. Is that true?

#2344 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Noticed the other day that there's no way to increase bonus multipliers. Is that true?

I'm not sure there are bonus multipliers. There are:

Song multipliers (do those apply to the bonus???)
Shot multipliers
Playfield multipliers
Combo multipliers
Demon multiplier

There are also 2 mystery awards:

Playfield 2x
Bonus X

Bonus X looks like a bonus multiplier but I don't remember ever getting that as an award. The end-of-ball bonus doesn't seem to result into big scoring opportunities.

#2345 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I'm not sure there are bonus multipliers. There are:
Song multipliers (do those apply to the bonus???)
Shot multipliers
Playfield multipliers
Combo multipliers
Demon multiplier
There are also 2 mystery awards:
Playfield 2x
Bonus X
Bonus X looks like a bonus multiplier but I don't remember ever getting that as an award. The end-of-ball bonus doesn't seem to result into big scoring opportunities.

My base bonus has been close to 10 million before and has always been at 1x. Figured there was a way to up that since they make a point to show what your bonus is multiplied by. If that was multiplied by 5-10x that would be pretty good amount of points.

#2346 2 years ago

Just look at the price JJ is offering on the KISS LE.

I think it's safe to say that code is absolutely destroying this game's reputation.

#2347 2 years ago

Anyone has a link to a "How-to-play" or ruleguide? Thanks

#2349 2 years ago

I'd say Pinside pissing and moaning is destroying this games reputation, not the code. Of course the code needs more polish but it still a blast to play with the current code.

#2350 2 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

Anyone has a link to a "How-to-play" or ruleguide? Thanks

The PAPA tutorial on Youtube is an awesome guide to the rules as well. I've watched it several times. Highly recommended.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Davie, FL
There are 4231 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside