F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 85.
#2201 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Disagree, the PRO's earn money on route and still sell. A great update will make the rest of the LE's sell, but probably at a discount. IMHO , the LE is a big rip off compared to the Premium. I bought the LE because I am a huge KISS fan. I regret it and should have bought the Premium. I have bought my last NIB LE from Stern EVER.

If you can get an KISS LE at a good price (face it, they're ALL on sale now, new and used), the LE is worth it because of the real mirrored backglass and the foil cabinet art. A beautiful machine. You can get a used LE for high 5's/low 6's, which is worth it, IMO. The code IS coming, it's just a question of how deep the update will be.

#2202 7 years ago

KISS just isn't much fun. Unless it's a total code overhaul, the game isn't going to magically become fun with a few more added features and tweaks. I don't think that the layout is a dog, but it's pretty plain. It's not challenging enough to get away with being plain (like Iron Man), and the code isn't fun enough either (like AFM). I think KISS just fell into a bad spot with its initial code release and building on what was pretty lame hasn't worked. I don't think it can work unless they try again with a better starting point. It's not impossible, but an incremental upgrade won't do it.

#2203 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you can get an KISS LE at a good price (face it, they're ALL on sale now, new and used), the LE is worth it because of the real mirrored backglass and the foil cabinet art. A beautiful machine. You can get a used LE for high 5's/low 6's, which is worth it, IMO. The code IS coming, it's just a question of how deep the update will be.

I have a Pro and have toyed with updating to a LE given the prices HUO LEs are selling for (which just keep dropping). But personally I can't justify the $2K difference it would cost me to do it, *assuming* I could even sell my HUO Pro in the low 4s, which I doubt I could.

#2204 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

KISS just isn't much fun. Unless it's a total code overhaul, the game isn't going to magically become fun with a few more added features and tweaks. I don't think that the layout is a dog, but it's pretty plain. It's not challenging enough to get away with being plain (like Iron Man), and the code isn't fun enough either (like AFM). I think KISS just fell into a bad spot with its initial code release and building on what was pretty lame hasn't worked. I don't think it can work unless they try again with a better starting point. It's not impossible, but an incremental upgrade won't do it.

I think it's fun, and I don't think there's anything wrong with the layout. Completing songs and completing the grid seem to be the majority of the game right now, but I see potential for a lot more with code updates. I disagree with it not being challenging. If you are attempting to complete songs to reach 2x, 3x, 5x, and Colossal (10x), that is extremely challenging. The left orbit between the pops is challenging, at least on my game. I've owned many other games with the pops surrounding the left orbit, and this shot on KISS seems to be the most difficult for me. I had no problems with XM, TSPP, SWDE, JP and a few others, but maybe because those were all a little closer?

Another thing that has helped make this game more fun for me is the song changes I've made. I added "God of Thunder" for Demon MB and moved Dr. Love to the song list. I added "New York Groove" in place of "Heaven's on Fire," and I replaced a few songs in the song list with "Strutter" and "I Was Made for Loving You."

#2205 7 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I have a Pro and have toyed with updating to a LE given the prices HUO LEs are selling for (which just keep dropping). But personally I can't justify the $2K difference it would cost me to do it, *assuming* I could even sell my HUO Pro in the low 4s, which I doubt I could.

If the code gets better the LEs will bounce up, so the best course is to get an LE cheap now and hold the Pro, betting on the coming code update to be big so the Pro is more valuable so you can sell the Pro for maybe 4800. That way you'd only have about $1000 difference on a used HUO LE priced to move (it can be had, I've done it for me and a friend at those prices - KISS sellers are motivated right now).

In addition to the foil cabinet (amazing in person, IMO) and the mirrored backglass, the LE has the levitating ball I love that starts lovegun (get the $50 mod that lights this up from Kimball's pinballs, well worth it), the actual KISS drop targets instead of standups, and the RGB lighting that's REALLY put to good use in the various modes to change the machine color and mood that the pro doesn't have. It's much more of an experience than the pretty dull Pro, IMO.

#2206 7 years ago

I just put in 75 games on a Kiss and I just don't see where most of the negativity is coming from. I have fun playing it, which is the goal for me, and if setup properly its hard as hell. Shots are tight, challenging at times, and they are fun. The code isn't nearly as bad as everyone is making it out to be....code is every bit as good as several other sterns I have. Song modes, multipliers, 2 multi balls, and 3 multiball wizard modes. The code is Good, but what I think is frustrating for me and others is that the code could be Great! I think if they can give it one more dimension with the cities, then more dots and callouts.....it could be really sweet. Everyone thought met sucked, everyone thought got pro sucked.....I gotta play what's fun for me, and Kiss is fun.

#2207 7 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Kiss is done, sad, but true. Heck Stern couldn't even sell the LE's, why would they invest in finishing the code now. This game will go down in Transformers history as the second biggest let down in pinball.

A little dramatic, don't you think?

Gary already stated that there is more code to come for Kiss, including a month or so ago at Freeplay Florida. Stern sold a ton of LE's, problem is they made 799 of them and THAT's why there are so many left over.

Kiss is not like transformers in any way- it has classic John Borg flow/speed and with the proper code COULD become an awesome game. Transformers (Gomez) layout does not offer the same player experience with flow and speed no matter what.

The world's coming to an end theory on Kiss is ridiculous. It' just that Stern is taking too much time to do what they need to do.

#2208 7 years ago

Great posts Sparky, Vireland, Charlie and Cobray! Nice to see some love for this game. Its not the greatest but it isn't a turd IMO. It's certainly not for everyone especially if you don't like the band or its music. To each his own.

#2209 7 years ago

I sat through the dark days of the Metallica wait, and KISS is nowhere near as bad as met was before its big update.

#2210 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Great posts Sparky, Vireland, Charlie and Cobray! Nice to see some love for this game. Its not the greatest but it isn't a turd IMO. It's certainly not for everyone especially if you don't like the band or its music. To each his own.

Funny thing is, I'm not really and never have been a KISS fan, but the LE is so beautiful it kind of sucked me in, and I do enjoy playing it (especially with the levitating ball mod that illuminates one of the best "tricks" of the game that stern almost hides with no lighting back there).

#2211 7 years ago

Thanks for the positive posts on KISS code guys! The shots are challenging and the modes are a blast. The code is way better than people give it credit for. Not every game is going to be GOT deep.

Glad I didn't let the Pinside KISS code haters change my mind. I'm thrilled with my purchase and play it every day. Because I'm not a big KISS fan, I replaced 5 of the songs with Sammy Hagar, Boston, Ratt, Ted Nugent and Blue Oyster Cult. I added two sound activated, rotating head concert lighting as a topper and it's a complete heavy metal assault on the senses! It freaking rocks!!! No regrets here.

#2212 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Funny thing is, I'm not really and never have been a KISS fan, but the LE is so beautiful it kind of sucked me in, and I do enjoy playing it (especially with the levitating ball mod that illuminates one of the best "tricks" of the game that stern almost hides with no lighting back there).

Kimspinball sell a lighting mod for the love gun ball trick,I believe it is around 40.00,helps a lot,I have lots of fun with my kiss and will hold for as long as it takes,nothing new here,I did it with lots of other stern games

#2213 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Kimspinball sell a lighting mod for the love gun ball trick,I believe it is around 40.00,helps a lot,I have lots of fun with my kiss and will hold for as long as it takes,nothing new here,I did it with lots of other stern games

Agreed! That mod from Kimballs is one of my favorites. Highly recommended.

#2214 7 years ago

I feel the code is not as bad as people have made it out to be as well. It's got some tough shots but keeps me coming back for more.

Now the cities need to do something....hopefully add a US tour and a world tour mode perhaps. There is a ton of call outs that could be added to make this game so much better...will see what happens with the code eventually.

It is just unfortunate how long code updates are taking.....that's the turn off to new Stern games in general.

It would be nice to have a Merry Kissmas with a code update.....

But I have a feeling BM66 and Aerosmith are the focus for now.

#2215 7 years ago

I understand frustration with the code update delays but some of it goes way overboard. It's led to Kiss getting a bad rep on Pinside which really isn't deserved in my book.

This is a great, fun, challenging machine already - and it's only going to get better.

My LE's stunning - I still play it most nights - and I've no intention of parting with it.

#2216 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

they have a very nice back box light kit also. this is one of the nicest looking pins. gonna play it this weekend and give it some love!

#2217 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

the LE is worth it because of the real mirrored backglass and.......

That is NOT a real mirrored backglass. That is a piece of glass with something stuck to it. The art is 100% not printed onto the glass.

I am actually happy with the game play of my KISS. I am just bugged by the fact I paid for a machine that has features that are incomplete and could make it better. That there are bugs that still need to be addressed 18 months later. Again, if STERN were an automobile manufacturer, they would be out of business.

I agree that the LE cabinet art is the best of the 3, but not $1500 better. I don't play the side art.

#2218 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

That is NOT a real mirrored backglass. That is a piece of glass with something stuck to it. The art is 100% not printed onto the glass.
I am actually happy with the game play of my KISS. I am just bugged by the fact I paid for a machine that has features that are incomplete and could make it better. That there are bugs that still need to be addressed 18 months later. Again, if STERN were an automobile manufacturer, they would be out of business.
I agree that the LE cabinet art is the best of the 3, but not $1500 better. I don't play the side art.

I'll have to look at that backglass more closely. To the casual look, it seemed screened on.

Like I said before, when you can get an LE for less than $6k, it's a good deal, and right now that's very do-able.

#2219 7 years ago

Wait till the code hits. Price increase for sure on the LE's.

#2220 7 years ago

I think many people holding on to kiss rather than let go for under 6k, I know I am. hoping for new code.

#2221 7 years ago

Really hope wrestlemania gets some love.

#2222 7 years ago

Real backglass or not the mirroring looks very nice

#2223 7 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

I think that ship has sailed. The layout of that pin is crappy and I doubt software can fix it.

#2224 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

I think many people holding on to kiss rather than let go for under 6k, I know I am. hoping for new code.

Well, some are, but I've personally bought and helped others buy it for around $6k or just under, so not everyone is optimistic (which is great for buyers that get an LE for dirt cheap right now).

#2225 7 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Your kidding right? You didnt buy that piece of puss that was listed on ebay recently?

#2226 7 years ago

Merry Kissmas ! Happy Kissmyass new year too !

#2227 7 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Wwe is done sorry. It's as good as it's gonna get, can't fix a bad layout anyways. Too bad cuz me and my girls love wrestling.

#2228 7 years ago

Just seen this on Sterns Facebook page thought it might be of interest to KISS owners here, its on Sterns front page currently 4the post down, I think it offers up some hope that the rumoured update is coming otherwise the question would have probably just been ignored.

Hope everyone had a Merry Kissmas & the code drops so you all get a Happy New "Kiss Code" Year

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#2229 7 years ago

that would really be a good pr move to get this code out asap. a good code though.

#2230 7 years ago

Change log:

V 1.29

Fixed issue where ticket dispenser timing was causing tickets to jam

#2231 7 years ago

Yup that was me, don't know what stay tuned means I have heard them say that a lot. I will say that my patience is wearing thin though on this Kiss code so hopefully we will see it soon..

Quoted from J85M:

Just seen this on Sterns Facebook page thought it might be of interest to KISS owners here, its on Sterns front page currently 4the post down, I think it offers up some hope that the rumoured update is coming otherwise the question would have probably just been ignored.
Hope everyone had a Merry Kissmas & the code drops so you all get a Happy New "Kiss Code" Year

#2232 7 years ago

I liked the gameplay. The rules were terrible, but I've heard it's improved somewhat. What made me dump the game was the callouts. Cheesy AF. Had someone come up with a Pinball Browser substitute for that horrible voice, I might have kept it.

#2233 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I liked the gameplay. The rules were terrible, but I've heard it's improved somewhat. What made me dump the game was the callouts. Cheesy AF. Had someone come up with a Pinball Browser substitute for that horrible voice, I might have kept it.

Band is cheesy. Callouts fit the theme well, IMO.

#2234 7 years ago

Yes!! Looks like Kiss is being worked on!

#2235 7 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Yes!! Looks like Kiss is being worked on!

What did you here?

#2236 7 years ago

I'll say this about the KISS pinball machine it has excellent potential to be a great machine combined with some of the best artwork on any pin in recent years once the code is improved. The play is very fast and unforgiving! It's all on Stern to deliver the code and dare I say it...."MAKE KISS GREAT AGAIN"

#2237 7 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

What did you here?

If you look at Stern's page, there is a Pinsider who asked the question and Stern responded "Stay Tuned!"

#2238 7 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

If you look at Stern's page, there is a Pinsider who asked the question and Stern responded "Stay Tuned!"

That's code for, "we don't want to say anything." It's the same garbage that they use any time they don't want to be on the record saying one thing or the other.

#2239 7 years ago

Played about 10 games of kiss last night. I must say that grid multiball is one of the coolest modes in pinball. The light show on the premium is unreal. That mode just rocks. Even if stern doesn't have a huge update I hope they fix some of the super annoying bugs like how ball save is flashing when the ball fires out if genes head in multiball but doesn't save the ball. Pisses me off everytime cause I forget.

Does anyone know if changing the songs between balls when it isn't complete is a bug? I can't figure out why sometimes I goes to song select and other times it doesnt.

#2240 7 years ago

while Kiss is a great game, we didn't have a very merry Kissmas for code updates

#2241 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Played about 10 games of kiss last night. I must say that grid multiball is one of the coolest modes in pinball. The light show on the premium is unreal. That mode just rocks. Even if stern doesn't have a huge update I hope they fix some of the super annoying bugs like how ball save is flashing when the ball fires out if genes head in multiball but doesn't save the ball. Pisses me off everytime cause I forget.
Does anyone know if changing the songs between balls when it isn't complete is a bug? I can't figure out why sometimes I goes to song select and other times it doesnt.

Pretty sure that's a bug.

#2242 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sure that's a bug.

Doubt they change that. Other wise I'd just trap a ball on the right flipper then whenever a ball is going to drain out the Outlane just backhand Gene and the ball is coming back. Pretty sure that will remain a ball save only during single ball play.

#2243 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Doubt they change that. Other wise I'd just trap a ball on the right flipper then whenever a ball is going to drain out the Outlane just backhand Gene and the ball is coming back. Pretty sure that will remain a ball save only during single ball play.

That's fine just fix the ball save light to not blink during multiballs.

#2244 7 years ago

If you happened to catch the recent John's Arcade video of the Stern factory tour, Jody D. talks about a big KISS code update in the works. It's a long video and I can't recall when the topic comes up. It's fairly early on when the guys are all standing in front of the playable games on the factory floor. Listen when they are standing there talking about the KISS machine.

#2245 7 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

If you happened to catch the recent John's Arcade video of the Stern factory tour, Jody D. talks about a big KISS code update in the works. It's a long video and I can't recall when the topic comes up. It's fairly early on when the guys are all standing in front of the playable games on the factory floor. Listen when they are standing there talking about the KISS machine.
» YouTube video

7:19

#2246 7 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

» YouTube video

He says it like - "yeah the community really wants that." I'm not sure I'd put much weight in that. He's just a salesman.

#2247 7 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

while Kiss is a great game, we didn't have a very merry Kissmas for code updates

We may have a Kissmyass new year too lol

#2248 7 years ago

what code are they working on? I mean a 15,000 batman sle shipped with .6 beta code. its a disgrace, like they just dgaf. you got to be kidding!!!??

#2249 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

what code are they working on? I mean a 15,000 batman sle shipped with .6 beta code. its a disgrace, like they just dgaf. you got to be kidding!!!??

And it's probably deeper than the current Kiss code at .6 Beta.

#2250 7 years ago

I have a Batman LE arriving soon. I can live with .6 code for now, because it's Lyman.

What games is Lonnie currently working on?

Dwight had solid code on the releases of Game of Thrones and Ghostbusters.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/45?hl=metal-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.