Topic Stats

• 4,243 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by thundergod76
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 283 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
Z8QWR8.gif

There are 4243 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 85.
#2151 3 years ago

Hopefully Stern has top men working on the code.

49622656 (resized).jpg

#2152 3 years ago

I still can't find it.

IMG_1295 (resized).PNG

#2153 3 years ago

Ok stop Monkee ing around they are on it

20161202_215400 (resized).jpg

#2154 3 years ago

Seems like this for KISS.

Logo_AWOL (resized).jpg

#2155 3 years ago

Who is finishing the code? Lyman(I hope so) is still working on Batman, and Lonnie is on Aerosmith. I don't see the Kiss update coming anytime soon......and I sure hope it does because I'm the dumbass that just bought one.

#2156 3 years ago

Let's see if it beats out WWE for longest wait for code. Must be close right?

#2157 3 years ago

I saw all these new postings and got all excited... F*ck a duck. Odds of a happy KISSmas look bleak.

#2158 3 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Lonnie is on Aerosmith

Wow has this been confirmed? If so, Aerosmith is f**kin doomed.

#2159 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I will never touch an Aerosmith machine with Lonnie on code.

I hope Stern realizes that Lonnie will be the kiss of death to the next machine he codes.

#2160 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I will never touch an Aerosmith machine with Lonnie on code.
I hope Stern realizes that Lonnie will be the kiss of death to the next machine he codes.

I think the Aerosmith theme will be the kiss of death

#2161 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Dirty Donny said on a podcast, Lonnie is on Aerosmith......

#2162 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I think the Aerosmith theme will be the kiss of death

Aerosmith is one of the best selling bands of all time.

#2163 3 years ago

I'm for sure in on Aerosmith, but no way I'm buying it the first year it's out. I'll wait until I know code is at least good.

#2164 3 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I'm for sure in on Aerosmith, but no way I'm buying it the first year it's out. I'll wait until I know code is at least good.

I won't preorder a game anymore. I absolutely love my GBLE, but the hassle it's been has scared me away from preorders going forward.

#2165 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I won't preorder a game anymore. I absolutely love my GBLE, but the hassle it's been has scared me away from preorders going forward.

Finally, a very smart move. Rational an sane mind. Thank you for your comment. I think everyone should stay away from music pins until
the codes are completed for Kiss and Aerosmith if it is released. Otherwise, let Stern sit on them.

#2166 3 years ago

#RopptheFlopp

#2167 3 years ago

The only way to get Stern to pay attention is to speak with your wallets.

Personally I wont touch a new Stern unless its coded by Lyman, it may take some time for it to get polished but Lyman always finishes what he starts and takes genuine pride in the work he puts his name too, where as Lonnie doesn't seem to give a sh*t. The more Lonnie titles that sit on Sterns factory floor the quicker they might kick his ass into gear!

Out of curiosity what was the last genuinely good title code wise programmed by Lonnie?

#2168 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Out of curiosity what was the last genuinely good title code wise programmed by Lonnie?

Hard to say- Tron was the last one where he was lead.

#2169 3 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Hard to say- Tron was the last one where he was lead.

Yeah but didn't Lyman end up doing most of the actual programming and polishing of the game? I could be mistaken but I recall people saying Lyman had taken a Tron home to code and polish because he loved the title. Wouldn't surprise me if Lonnie was lead and sat there twiddling his thumbs while watching Lyman do the actual work

#2170 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Aerosmith is one of the best selling bands of all time.

So is Justin Bieber.

#2171 3 years ago

they are busy with new sales. kiss is on back burner. thats the way stern does business. hope for a update late 2017.

#2173 3 years ago

So when can I look forward to a Led Zeppelin pin?

#2174 3 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I'm sure the licensing is the problem. It's SUPER expensive to license Zep for anything, if they'll even agree to do it for your item.

#2175 3 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Quoted from vireland:

I'm sure the licensing is the problem. It's SUPER expensive to license Zep for anything, if they'll even agree to do it for your item.

Just expect a BM66 pricing structure if expensive licenses like Zep are acquired.

BM66 license wasn't cheap & Joe needed his cut which is probably why we ended up with the new collectors realese "BM66" pricing model.

#2177 3 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Who is finishing the code? Lyman(I hope so) is still working on Batman, and Lonnie is on Aerosmith. I don't see the Kiss update coming anytime soon......and I sure hope it does because I'm the dumbass that just bought one.

Why?

#2178 3 years ago

I doubt that B66 licensing was expensive. B66 crap is everywhere.

#2179 3 years ago

Turned this turkey on for the first time in a few months and played it. Still awful. Do these sell at all? I have a premium. Will I get raped if I decide to sell? This will be an expensive lesson. NEVER pre-order. Wait for it to be out and play it first. I also want to play the actual game I'm buying. Ive played other KISS machines and they all play better than mine.

#2180 3 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Turned this turkey on for the first time in a few months and played it. Still awful. Do these sell at all? I have a premium. Will I get raped if I decide to sell? This will be an expensive lesson. NEVER pre-order. Wait for it to be out and play it first. I also want to play the actual game I'm buying. Ive played other KISS machines and they all play better than mine.

In what way do they play better than yours ?

#2181 3 years ago

Ok....... Time to ask again.. Stern? Where's the Kiss code?

#2182 3 years ago

I don't think they are listening.

#2183 3 years ago

This just in- Stern is raising prices! But they could care less about code! Now you can pay even more to have your shallow-coded pinball machine! Better buy that LE at launch, they are going to sell out fast!!

#2184 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

This just in- Stern is raising prices! But they could care less about code! Now you can pay even more to have your shallow-coded pinball machine! Better buy that LE at launch, they are going to sell out fast!!

Yeah it's BS. Plus people have cracked clearcoats and ghosting on their GB playfields and they won't fix it. So yeah.

#2185 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Ok....... Time to ask again.. Stern? Where's the Kiss code?

I'm hopeful they do a massive rewrite and take their time. Dont care if its summer at this point. My 2017 NIB wont be a stern at this point.

#2186 3 years ago

Sorry, but I doubt there will be a rewrite at this point. I'd imagine you'll see the cities do something minor and a few bug fixes and that will be the end of it. I think it's a fun game. Every game isn't going to have deep rules.

Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I'm hopeful they do a massive rewrite and take their time. Dont care if its summer at this point. My 2017 NIB wont be a stern at this point.

#2187 3 years ago

This game has been abandoned. Stern sells games on theme. Kiss apparently wasn't a popular theme. They've moved on to the next game. I think it's just time to accept it and move on.

#2189 3 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

This game has been abandoned. Stern sells games on theme. Kiss apparently wasn't a popular theme. They've moved on to the next game. I think it's just time to accept it and move on.

Shockingly, it does GREAT on route.

#2190 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Shockingly, it does GREAT on route.

Expectations and perceptions. It seems that Pinsiders, in general, have pretty high expectations for code complexity. Casual players will find a lot of depth to KISS rules. It appears there are Pinsiders who can blow through the KISS modes in 15 minutes and then they're bored. I don't think that is the average player's experience.

There may be some "group think" going on. Pinsiders love to bash KISS code. I have my doubt's that many have ever played the 1.28 code. Pinside is an echo chamber ... people start parroting that KISS code sucks. I think if there were a way to objectively score the complexity of code, KISS would rank in the middle of the portfolio of modern Sterns.

If KISS does well on route, then I think that correlates with my theory that Pinsider's have higher expectations than the average player and perceptions that don't always match reality.

#2191 3 years ago

MET was about a year when it got its biggest, polished update when Blackened and RTL were added, as well as CIU animations. Before that, there was a frenzy of unhappy MET owners. John Borg even shared my "Hitler Reacts" video to his FB page.

XM was 18 months before the biggest update, and it made a HUGE difference in the game.

I swear I had SM for 2 1/2 years (Oct of '07 to May of '10), and Super Hero wizard mode was still bare bones when I sold it. It got a huge update right after I sold it, and prices jumped significantly for that title because Stern had already stopped selling that title. SM continued to get updates through 2014.

How long has it been since KISS started to ship? About 18 months + or - ?

#2192 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

MET was about a year when it got its biggest, polished update when Blackened and RTL were added, as well as CIU animations. Before that, there was a frenzy of unhappy MET owners. John Borg even shared my "Hitler Reacts" video to his FB page.
XM was 18 months before the biggest update, and it made a HUGE difference in the game.
I swear I had SM for 2 1/2 years (Oct of '07 to May of '10), and Super Hero wizard mode was still bare bones when I sold it. It got a huge update right after I sold it, and prices jumped significantly for that title because Stern had already stopped selling that title. SM continued to get updates through 2014.
How long has it been since KISS started to ship? About 18 months + or - ?

Exactly. I'm not panicking yet. Avengers also got a nice little update to the code in January this year, three years after I bought it

#2193 3 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Expectations and perceptions. It seems that Pinsiders, in general, have pretty high expectations for code complexity. Casual players will find a lot of depth to KISS rules. It appears there are Pinsiders who can blow through the KISS modes in 15 minutes and then they're bored. I don't think that is the average player's experience.
There may be some "group think" going on. Pinsiders love to bash KISS code. I have my doubt's that many have ever played the 1.28 code. Pinside is an echo chamber ... people start parroting that KISS code sucks. I think if there were a way to objectively score the complexity of code, KISS would rank in the middle of the portfolio of modern Sterns.
If KISS does well on route, then I think that correlates with my theory that Pinsider's have higher expectations than the average player and perceptions that don't always match reality.

I can vouch our Kiss machines do very well on site as you suggested. I think people on here can be too demanding when it comes to code... no matter what code comes out no one is ever satisfied .. you cant please everyone!
So in saying that Kiss is not a failure when it comes to operating these on locations.. after all thats what they have been intended for in the first place !!

#2194 3 years ago

Kiss is done, sad, but true. Heck Stern couldn't even sell the LE's, why would they invest in finishing the code now. This game will go down in Transformers history as the second biggest let down in pinball.

#2195 3 years ago

I wouldn't say that it's a loser in any way. Fun game, great layout and a large code update is coming as indicated by Stern.
Even Gary Stern stated a code is coming for Kiss. I'm hopeful for Christmas, but we'll have to see.

#2196 3 years ago

I bought GB and it is a good game. Still with all the code issues and quality control, my next purchase will probably be Dialed In. I have never played it and I allow myself one new game a year and I think it may be time to move on from stern for a while.
We have a Woz but my wife does not like wide bodies but dialed in or if someone produces wooly maybe the answer.
Stern is starting to losing one more nib buyer.

#2197 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Stern is starting to losing one more nib buyer.

One and done for us. RRWOZ was a much more pleasant experience thats for sure. Kiss sits off most of the time. I think its been about 6 months since I turned it on.

#2198 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Kiss is done, sad, but true. Heck Stern couldn't even sell the LE's, why would they invest in finishing the code now. This game will go down in Transformers history as the second biggest let down in pinball.

Disagree, the PRO's earn money on route and still sell. A great update will make the rest of the LE's sell, but probably at a discount. IMHO , the LE is a big rip off compared to the Premium. I bought the LE because I am a huge KISS fan. I regret it and should have bought the Premium. I have bought my last NIB LE from Stern EVER.

#2199 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I bought the LE because I am a huge KISS fan. I regret it and should have bought the Premium. I have bought my last NIB LE from Stern EVER.

SAME.

#2200 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Quoted from vdojaq:

Disagree, the PRO's earn money on route and still sell. A great update will make the rest of the LE's sell, but probably at a discount. IMHO , the LE is a big rip off compared to the Premium. I bought the LE because I am a huge KISS fan. I regret it and should have bought the Premium. I have bought my last NIB LE from Stern EVER.

I also disagree. I believe the info in "John's Arcade" Stern factory tour video is accurate.

People were giving up on MET after a year, and then they were creaming all over themselves when the added songs and CIU's were added.

SM was worse because it was no longer in production, so there wasn't any hope. Steve Ritchie even mentioned in an interview that Gary didn't want them to work on SM code because they were not going to sell any more units because of it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, MD
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
There are 4243 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside